DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

Unread post by usernamessuck »

Is today Finn' s actual birthday?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

usernamessuck wrote:Is today Finn' s actual birthday?

Yep. Not a peep from Missy. I guess she used up all her sappy birthday post energy on Ollie. Nothing from Bryan either.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QweenKris
Talker
Talker

Unread post by QweenKris »

tintin15 wrote:Wonder Woman looked nothing like Wonder Woman and Batman sounded nothing like Batman. I'm kind of surprised because they're the type who get the best of everything...it seems like they got the first characters they found an ad for.
Let’s be honest. These people (especially Wonder Crackwoman) were probably friends or relatives of their “friends” and bry bry used his “super famous YouTube power” to get them for free.

QweenKris
Talker
Talker

ladyju28 wrote:Tal had to wipe Finns nose with her bare finger today (Johnsons vlog at about 2.29 m in).
That’s. Disgusting.

QweenKris
Talker
Talker

100midas wrote:
usernamessuck wrote:Is today Finn' s actual birthday?

Yep. Not a peep from Missy. I guess she used up all her sappy birthday post energy on Ollie. Nothing from Bryan either.

That really breaks my heart. They should NOT be allowed to have any more children.

ashleyrr2k
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ashleyrr2k »

What did missy sew for Finn?

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

ashleyrr2k wrote:What did missy sew for Finn?

Hopefully a better mom.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

An other mother lol

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

queentee20 wrote:I agree with whoever said Harley Quinn isn’t age appropriate. Its DISGUSTING to allow girls to dress as her... read the damn comics. And I know there’s this whole thing about how kids and innocent and all BUT if you wouldn’t allow your kid to dress up as a stripper then why is Harley Quinn ok? Yes there’s a child friendly version, let them dress as that Harley. But having your child parade around in a shirt that says daddy’s lil monster is not ok!! If you don’t know much about comics then i cannot blame you, but it’s another thing to KNOW and continue despite so...
All the little girls dressed like Harley Quinn for Halloween last year upset me so much. I didn't even read the comics. I was just going by Suicide Squad.."Mommy, I want to dress up like a character that uses sex to manipulate and is a psycho killer" Ick.

I know this is totally OT, so I won't keep ranting.

I think it's hilarious that they're having problems with their pool again. They had a perfectly good pool with no issues, had to have it dug up, built this monstrosity, rushed the contractor, and now it's biting them in the ass. Yeah, Bryan, tweet about it. Let your "millions of followers" know how upset you are. See if that fixes it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I can't believe I'm defending them for the second time today (where is Theirmom?) but does everyone seriously expect that Halloween is only about your kid dressing up as good role models? I don't think little girls need to dress up slutty like HQ, but lets be real here, most kids just look at her pic and see a fun costume. They don't know anything about her and how she uses sex to manipulate. Also, she's a murderer, so come on, there's worse thing than her being sexy. Kids like to dress up as heroes and villains. Even Jack Skellington is technically a villain since he kidnaps Santa Claus! It's Halloween and it's just good fun. It's up to parents to make sure their kids are dressed appropriately and aren't offending anyone (or attracting unhealthy attention) with their costumes, but I see no reason for us to start making sure that Halloween is just about being characters you agree with.

This board has become weird lately.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

queentee20 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I can't believe I'm defending them for the second time today (where is Theirmom?) but does everyone seriously expect that Halloween is only about your kid dressing up as good role models? I don't think little girls need to dress up slutty like HQ, but lets be real here, most kids just look at her pic and see a fun costume. They don't know anything about her and how she uses sex to manipulate. Also, she's a murderer, so come on, there's worse thing than her being sexy. Kids like to dress up as heroes and villains. Even Jack Skellington is technically a villain since he kidnaps Santa Claus! It's Halloween and it's just good fun. It's up to parents to make sure their kids are dressed appropriately and aren't offending anyone (or attracting unhealthy attention) with their costumes, but I see no reason for us to start making sure that Halloween is just about being characters you agree with.

The board has become weird because weird things are seen in the vlogs!!! I’m a huge HQ fan btw, and I am IN LOVE with the joker which is why I know those costumes aren’t kid friendly. It’s weird AF. Another thing is I think the vlogs have become so boring we have nothing else to comment on
Nah, that's not it at all. But ok.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

HelloSweetie wrote:I can't believe I'm defending them for the second time today (where is Theirmom?) but does everyone seriously expect that Halloween is only about your kid dressing up as good role models? I don't think little girls need to dress up slutty like HQ, but lets be real here, most kids just look at her pic and see a fun costume. They don't know anything about her and how she uses sex to manipulate. Also, she's a murderer, so come on, there's worse thing than her being sexy. Kids like to dress up as heroes and villains. Even Jack Skellington is technically a villain since he kidnaps Santa Claus! It's Halloween and it's just good fun. It's up to parents to make sure their kids are dressed appropriately and aren't offending anyone (or attracting unhealthy attention) with their costumes, but I see no reason for us to start making sure that Halloween is just about being characters you agree with.

I agree. I don't like the sexy costumes on girls, but this has nothing to do with the type of character HQ is. Sexy witch, sexy private, etc... I hate them all.

And I also agree about the board dynamic having shifted. I don't participate often, but read here everyday, and lately it seems like people are really just wanting to hate on anything. It seem the older posters are posting less and the board is getting younger. This is bound to happen more and more as the minions age out and start to turn :P
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

Does anyone else think that Ollie looked like Cassie with black hair in the vlog today? It’s crazy how much he looks like her, but also looks like Bryan.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Shorty02 wrote:Does anyone else think that Ollie looked like Cassie with black hair in the vlog today? It’s crazy how much he looks like her, but also looks like Bryan.

Well i have always though Cassie and Bryan look more like siblings than Missy and cassie do so.. lol
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Shorty02 wrote:Does anyone else think that Ollie looked like Cassie with black hair in the vlog today? It’s crazy how much he looks like her, but also looks like Bryan.

I think Bryan looks more like Suzanne than Missy does. They say couples unconsciously are attracted to mates that resemble themselves. Maybe subconsciously Missy liked Bryan because he resembled her family?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I've lost count at the number of Halloween costumes they have purchased this year. My last count was at 8, and that was a couple weeks back so i'm sure we are pushing 12-15 at this point. The kids are really not going to give 2 shits about Halloween now. And really why should they, it's not like they are going to get to be what they want to be, it's all about what Missy and Bryan want to be and what skit they want to do.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
queentee20 wrote:

The board has become weird because weird things are seen in the vlogs!!! I’m a huge HQ fan btw, and I am IN LOVE with the joker which is why I know those costumes aren’t kid friendly. It’s weird AF. Another thing is I think the vlogs have become so boring we have nothing else to comment on
Nah, that's not it at all. But ok.
Yep. I like you a lot, HS, and you and I usually agree. It's not about heroes and villains. It's about sexualizing children. It's next to impossible to find an a non-sexy costume for a tween girl. My daughter was big for her age, and every year, it was a huge struggle to find a costume for her that wasn't sexualizing her. Halloween is supposed to be about fun.
Anyway, I said I wasn't going to rant and I did.
Agree to disagree.

100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

Agreed. More and more nitpicking and fabrication/exaggeration of things that should be non-issues has been going on the past few weeks. I'm not saying they're great people, but not every single thing they do has to be wrong. I mean, seriously? Critiquing them for not dressing Finn up as an educational character/role model? And questioning him liking Batman? There's a million legitimate things to criticize them for so I don't know why everyone has been grasping at straws lately.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:

Well i have always though Cassie and Bryan look more like siblings than Missy and cassie do so.. lol
Absolutely. They do look more alike than Missy and Cassie. And Ollie does look a lot like Cassie. I can't figure out who Finn looks like. Sometimes I see a little of Jimmy in him.

Return to “Daily Bumps”