Epik Brandon Family

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epik Brandon Family

Unread post by Caisflame »

I don't really watch them often because I'm just not a fan, but man sweet little Shepherd is adorable. He just melts my heart.
glorializ
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by glorializ »

Defuego wrote:I don't really watch them often because I'm just not a fan, but man sweet little Shepherd is adorable. He just melts my heart.
I agree, he is one of the cutest YouTube kids ever. His eyes are so amazingly blue. He seems quite happy most of the time, at least compared to the kids whose parents film every tantrum they have, and he has the sweetest smile.
glorializ
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by glorializ »

I think Ebby might have a speech impediment. He seems to have trouble pronouncing the "s" sound and says "sick" like "eck".
ellay
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ellay »

This family screams YTMD material. The mom looks seriously crazy, her eyes creep me out. The dad is just there to make kids and I'm pretty sure he's afraid of his wife since it looks like she's the one making all the decisions.

I'm surprised that she worries so much about Ebenizer (why?) when the one that might need the most help is the oldest son, Hezekaiah (what a horrible name for a kid). He just seems off. Viewers were talking about Ebby being on the spectrum, but I'd be more worried about him. And if he can't even handle going to school and gets overwhelmed because he has to change classes, I can't imagine how he's going to react when he's going to have to work. His mother can't keep him in a bubble for the rest of his life, he's going to have to face the world at some point.

I'm always side-eyeing those people homeschooling their kids because they think they can do better than a regular school. Especially if those people are not very smart. With all the private schools options I'm sure she could find one that suits her needs. And don't tell me she has too many kids to pay for private school. If you can't afford the best for your kids, you shouldn't be popping them out like tic tacs. It's just selfish to want more kids just for the sake of it. I don't think that with 7 children a parent can give them equal love and attention, it's just impossible.

Ezrah looks like such a sweet and gentle kid. In fact, him and Hanni are the only children that I find "normal". I'm not a fan of the mom but I'm glad she let him go back to school. I honestly don't know how long the kids are going to last in school, tho. The mom doesn't seem totally OK about it and sent them away because Ebby needed more attention in the first place. If they did find what's wrong with him and his behaviour goes back to normal, she'll probably pull them out again.

As for their religion, whenever I watch them, I get this weird cult vibe. They are either Mormon (they are considered a cult in my country) or Jehovah Witnesses. If it's the latest they probably never say it, and if they're mormons I don't think they'll necessarily say it out loud either. Ever since the Shay Carl cheating scandal, Mormons are not professing their faith all over youtube like they used to.
damondaniel
Talker
Talker

Unread post by damondaniel »

"How This 8 Year Old Handle's Bullying"
It makes me want to scream that literally every youtube mom that I know of who "homeschools" their children make the most basic of spelling/grammar mistakes lmao and y'all are supposed to be teaching your kids???
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I'm sorry for Shiloh and I can see he was really upset. I also think he handled it very well, but I don't think it was appropriate to name the kids in the video. I really hope he won't be the next to be pulled from school.

Also, the description of the vlog was "Shiloh get's bullied at school". Another interesting use of an apostrophe.
username320
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by username320 »

ellay wrote:This family screams YTMD material. The mom looks seriously crazy, her eyes creep me out. The dad is just there to make kids and I'm pretty sure he's afraid of his wife since it looks like she's the one making all the decisions.

I'm surprised that she worries so much about Ebenizer (why?) when the one that might need the most help is the oldest son, Hezekaiah (what a horrible name for a kid). He just seems off. Viewers were talking about Ebby being on the spectrum, but I'd be more worried about him. And if he can't even handle going to school and gets overwhelmed because he has to change classes, I can't imagine how he's going to react when he's going to have to work. His mother can't keep him in a bubble for the rest of his life, he's going to have to face the world at some point.

I'm always side-eyeing those people homeschooling their kids because they think they can do better than a regular school. Especially if those people are not very smart. With all the private schools options I'm sure she could find one that suits her needs. And don't tell me she has too many kids to pay for private school. If you can't afford the best for your kids, you shouldn't be popping them out like tic tacs. It's just selfish to want more kids just for the sake of it. I don't think that with 7 children a parent can give them equal love and attention, it's just impossible.

Ezrah looks like such a sweet and gentle kid. In fact, him and Hanni are the only children that I find "normal". I'm not a fan of the mom but I'm glad she let him go back to school. I honestly don't know how long the kids are going to last in school, tho. The mom doesn't seem totally OK about it and sent them away because Ebby needed more attention in the first place. If they did find what's wrong with him and his behaviour goes back to normal, she'll probably pull them out again.

As for their religion, whenever I watch them, I get this weird cult vibe. They are either Mormon (they are considered a cult in my country) or Jehovah Witnesses. If it's the latest they probably never say it, and if they're mormons I don't think they'll necessarily say it out loud either. Ever since the Shay Carl cheating scandal, Mormons are not professing their faith all over youtube like they used to.
They're not Mormons.
Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Preslynn »

They're not Jehovahs Witnesses. Jehovahs Witnesses don't celebrate birthdays. If they WERE and anyone from their church saw Hanni's birthday video, they'd be kicked out. I'm going with Young Earth Creationists. Or maybe Christian Scientists because of the way they reject medical care for the most part?

I had homebirths and homeschool and people like her annoy me because they make others think that this is what we're all like. I'm not crunchy, I'm not into "attachment parenting", I'm not religious, I have two kids and that's enough thank you very much and I'm not anti school or medicine. I promise that not all of us are like that!!

Hearing her birth/pregnancy stories, the low blood pressure she had during her pregnancies, the miscarriage before Hanni... it makes me question whether having all these homebirths was a good idea in her case. How old is she now?? Over 35 yet?

I'm not saying people shouldn't have six or seven kids if that's is what they want and if they can handle it, but good lord in heaven if you are already "too lazy" to potty train them maybe you having a large family isn't for you?
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Snarkadoodle Doo »

They just give off a weird vibe in general, don't they? Something about how they speak just gives me the heebie jeebies. LOL. I in a family with coming on 7 kids, I thought it was strange that she moved Ebby's room today and is making him share with two of his brothers so mom can turn his room into her office/crafting room. I get it, Ebby doesn't like sleeping in his own room and the other boys have a big room, but why couldn't he share with Shepherd or move the kids around some other way so three kids aren't so smooshed into a room that you can even access the closet very well?
:angel: RIP Mom 3/16/2019 - Cancer Sucks :angel:
Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

I didn't get why Ebby had a room to himself to begin with. He is one of the youngest (in my opinion, older children should get their own room first) and it sounded like he slept with them anyway. She really seems to favor him. It reminds me of how, back in the day, Kate Gosslin made everyone share but gave her favorite sextuplets girl a single room and had some strange bogus reasoning behind it.

The way I would approach it is to have Hanni have her own room, put the big boys in the biggest room/master so there is enough space and put Ebby in with Shepherd. I'm not sure how many rooms they have but possibly she could have her office/crafting room this way. Though in all honestly, she chose to have this many children and they now come first. All of us poor folks manage to do our crafting/office work in the kitchen, dining room, living room etc. If your children have to be on top of each other so YOU can have a crafting room, maybe you should have had fewer kids.

The whole two middle names thing annoys me too for some reason. A lot of these names seem less cringe worthy when there's only two of them. I don't know why. It's like adding one more obnoxious name raises the obnoxious scale. It seems pretentious too. Shepherd Charles...eh. Shepherd Charles SKYE? Come on!! Erzah Ezekiel would be a rather decent name if you drop the h... but then they added Stark. Which is kind of hilarious to me because it makes most people think of Game of Thrones now and these people cannot say "gay" on camera. I don't get the point of it either. I have no idea if Hanni could even fit her whole name on her social security card.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Snarkadoodle Doo »

Preslynn wrote:I didn't get why Ebby had a room to himself to begin with. He is one of the youngest (in my opinion, older children should get their own room first) and it sounded like he slept with them anyway. She really seems to favor him. It reminds me of how, back in the day, Kate Gosslin made everyone share but gave her favorite sextuplets girl a single room and had some strange bogus reasoning behind it.

The way I would approach it is to have Hanni have her own room, put the big boys in the biggest room/master so there is enough space and put Ebby in with Shepherd. I'm not sure how many rooms they have but possibly she could have her office/crafting room this way. Though in all honestly, she chose to have this many children and they now come first. All of us poor folks manage to do our crafting/office work in the kitchen, dining room, living room etc. If your children have to be on top of each other so YOU can have a crafting room, maybe you should have had fewer kids.

The whole two middle names thing annoys me too for some reason. A lot of these names seem less cringe worthy when there's only two of them. I don't know why. It's like adding one more obnoxious name raises the obnoxious scale. It seems pretentious too. Shepherd Charles...eh. Shepherd Charles SKYE? Come on!! Erzah Ezekiel would be a rather decent name if you drop the h... but then they added Stark. Which is kind of hilarious to me because it makes most people think of Game of Thrones now and these people cannot say "gay" on camera. I don't get the point of it either. I have no idea if Hanni could even fit her whole name on her social security card.
Yes, I agree with all of this. I always felt like the older kids should get the single rooms first. Especially since it seems like Ebby has ever actually slept in his own bed alone before. She's mentioned people wanting a house tour before but said the house was too messy. I'm curious to see if she ever cleans it enough to do that and how the bedroom situation is.

As for the names... My brother had two middle names growing up. He legally changed his name as an adult so he only had one and actually got rid of both middle names our parents chose and picked one for himself. He HATED having two middle names growing up. Because of their first names, I was prone to believe they were like super religious, who knows what kind of over the top Christian. But then I watched the video about the kids names and I was like nope. They're just strange.
:angel: RIP Mom 3/16/2019 - Cancer Sucks :angel:
Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

Also, why is she doing this kind of thing when she's having a seventh child? Usually when you're expecting again, you get RID of offices and craft rooms and whatnot and convert them to bedrooms to accommodate your growing family.

Is it really that messy or does she just not want to show how squeezed in her children are in their bedrooms? The rooms they do show don't look all that messy. I mean, when you have this many kids it's never gonna be perfect. But with them constantly moving, maybe the other rooms are just filled with boxes of stuff. Or it's an excuse. Who knows. If I was Hezekiah, I would have been pretty ticked off at Ebenezer having his own room before me. I do understand that he needs more attention because of his issues but she does seem to favor him. Little Shepherd seems a bit neglected sometimes but it's hard to tell when you are only seeing what is filmed on youtube. But there's always things such as she naps with Ebby and HANNI takes take of Shepherd.

I see Hanni dropping at least one of the middle names and the "Niah" when she gets married. If you use biblical names, at least spell them right.

I feel like Ebby needs speech therapy. He's almost four and by four about 90% of what he says should be intelligible to a stranger and I don't know what he's saying at least half the time. They should really have him evaluated. She says she was told that he his speech was "fine" but by who? The people who told her he had PTSD from a three day hospital stay?
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

They attend a PCA church (Presbyterian Church of America)

I am still very confused about the service dogs...
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by TheOneWhoBlogs »

Is anybody else EXTREMELY bothered by the fact that im sure ive seen at least one of their children eat a hot pocket (Dont care if it was a lean pocket,They're equally as bad) Yet MCDONALDS Is something they arent allowed....
Have you ever considered the chemicals in the processed Hot Pocket/Lean Pocket that you where cramming in your kid? Yeah,Didnt think so.

I Dont really have room to talk,Considering I dont eat exactly healthy,But god forbid.I dont eat one thing and refuse something of equal levels of poison. That's like saying "I'll drink dish soap but not Dawn,Only AJAX!!!" Or something fairly similar. At least as i realize that if youy're gonna eat junk food,Most of it is fairly equal.

((I Also made this account purely to point this out i'm sorry if someone else has said this))
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

So Naysa (can someone please tell me what her name is? Lol) said in the comments that all the public schools in her area have mandatory uniforms and claims her kids are in public but on Instagram she posted a picture of Hanni and Hezekiah saying it's their first day of CHARTER school.

Now I DID hear of/see US public schools with uniforms so I can't automatically say that she is lying and Shiloh and Ezrah might be at a non charter. But I have never EVER have I seen a public school in the US require that ties be worn as part of the uniform. They aren't even that common in private schools these days, particularly at the grade school level but Shiloh comes home wearing a tie every day. Either this school, whatever kind of school it is, is super excessive with their uniform policy or the ties are optional and Naysa is making them wear them. Just seems weird and I think it would be uncomfortable for a little boy to wear a tie all day and when Hanni switched to pants as it's getting colder she got to wear just the pants and polo.

Naysa just really confuses me. I did think it was cute when she was cooking with Ezrah but I rolled my eyes over her making such a big deal out of the small amount of sugar when she let them collect and eat Halloween candy. And they apparently eat so healthy but the pasta sauce came out of a can and it's the best pasta Hezekiah ever had. Oh brother!
YesMia
Talker
Talker

Unread post by YesMia »

I think she just makes them wear that because on the first day of school vlog you can see other children on the background wearing khakis and polo shirts. I didn’t see anyone else in a tie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YesMia
Talker
Talker

Unread post by YesMia »

I wanted to add that I’m in the US and lots of public school require uniforms. Usually khaki pants, skirt or jumper and polo shirt.

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

Some public schools in my area require a uniform
Missy1393
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Missy1393 »

First of all, how nuts does she look in today's (baby girl's room and name sneak peak) thumbnail? My goodness those eyebrows are something else!

Now to speculate on baby #7 name... Biblical girls names that contain a Z narrows it down quite a bit.

Elizabeth
Tirza
Jezebel
Zilpah

I think Tirza is an obvious front runner due to Elizabeth being way too tame unless they do Elizabethbieth. And well Jezabel and Zilpah. I wish I could say those are out but they have an Ebenezer. Unfortunately for this child there is still a possibility there.

damondaniel
Talker
Talker

Unread post by damondaniel »

Missy1393 wrote:First of all, how nuts does she look in today's (baby girl's room and name sneak peak) thumbnail? My goodness those eyebrows are something else!

Now to speculate on baby #7 name... Biblical girls names that contain a Z narrows it down quite a bit.

Elizabeth
Tirza
Jezebel
Zilpah

I think Tirza is an obvious front runner due to Elizabeth being way too tame unless they do Elizabethbieth. And well Jezabel and Zilpah. I wish I could say those are out but they have an Ebenezer. Unfortunately for this child there is still a possibility there.

I'm unfortunately leaning toward something like Zilpah. She said in the video it would be her "first little one with a Z in their name." Obviously she realized later that she phrased that wrong since she got a lot of comments about Hezekiah, Ezrah and Ebenezer having Z's in their names. She responded to one of these comments with "ha! Wow! Thanks for noticing. Obviously I know this, but my brain was thinking of it in a different way! It is the first Z for a girl and for another reason I can't say" which makes me think her name starts with a Z. All her other kids have "matchy matchy" names where they share the first letter of their name with another kid. My tingling detective senses are telling me she was thinking of it being her first kid with a name starting with Z lol

Return to “A-H”