• Advertisement
    

YTMD Pet Peeves

Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!! This forum has it's own set of rules. We've created this forum to minimize the arguing that occurs in the regular forums. If you are called out, it is up to you whether or not you respond. The only rules for this forum are...
1. No racial or gender/sexual slurs.
2. No posting of personal information (address, phone number, etc).
3. No flaming or "boxing" with Admin or Moddies.

Unless one of the rules have been broken, reports made about posts in this forum will be ignored.

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:43 pm

blackroses wrote:
CallieT wrote:Americans do some pretty weird shit tho lol. If it's about our eating habits for example I can understand that.


Yeah our eating habits are so extreme, I'm talking about the oversized everything burgers milkshakes, breakfast foods, pizzas. Anything really it's actually kind of nasty ( although I have tried the shake and although I didn't have sugar for the rest of the week that shit was so delicious)

I gotta admit, my daughter and I are over the moon about Shake Shack opening in San Diego.
But our serving sizes insane. I can eat for at least two days off most restaurant meals take home. My sister lives in London and is always stunned by the sizes of the servings here.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 13860
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca

Advertisement

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby Deadhead_kay » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:11 pm

imnottired wrote:When people come here to bitch instead of calling people out on the boards.

And btw, boredom. I'm not closeminded to what anyone else was or is saying. I had a point and I made it. Just because me and HS had conflicting points of view doesn't make me "blind".


The whole point is to come here to bitch so everyone else doesn't have to see people whine and derail the threads.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
User avatar
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
 
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby imnottired » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:26 pm

Deadhead_kay wrote:
imnottired wrote:When people come here to bitch instead of calling people out on the boards.

And btw, boredom. I'm not closeminded to what anyone else was or is saying. I had a point and I made it. Just because me and HS had conflicting points of view doesn't make me "blind".


The whole point is to come here to bitch so everyone else doesn't have to see people whine and derail the threads.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know, I know. I should've worded the first part better or made it clear that it was only directed towards Boredomatitsfinest.

Home girl didn't mind to throw in her two cents about me and HS's disagreement after the thread, HS and I moved in from it. And that's fine, everyone has an opinion. I get that. But then had to rush over here to imply that I'm closed minded and blind. And, now that I'm calling her out on that bullshit logic she is nowhere to be found.

Figures.
imnottired
Gossiper
 
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby blackroses » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:22 pm

I hate it when people act like they're in high school, y'all are (mostly) grown ass women and men there's no reason for anyone to get upset over petty things but we can't please everyone I have wanted to punch so many people through the screen in the threads it's ridiculous, I'm trying to figure out why this happens on the site all the time
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1870
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:19 pm

blackroses wrote:I hate it when people act like they're in high school, y'all are (mostly) grown ass women and men there's no reason for anyone to get upset over petty things but we can't please everyone I have wanted to punch so many people through the screen in the threads it's ridiculous, I'm trying to figure out why this happens on the site all the time

I can't say I want to punch anyone, but I get what you're saying. It's a gossip site, and we're all ostensibly adults. We filter everything through our own experiences, which are different. So we have differing opinions. No biggie. Either scroll past, foe the person that bugs you, or explain nicely why you disagree. There's no need to be bitchy or put down the person with whom you disagree.
And just to be sure, I'm using the generic "you". Don't mean you in particular.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 13860
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby Boredomatitsfinest » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:57 pm

imnottired wrote:
Deadhead_kay wrote:
imnottired wrote:When people come here to bitch instead of calling people out on the boards.

And btw, boredom. I'm not closeminded to what anyone else was or is saying. I had a point and I made it. Just because me and HS had conflicting points of view doesn't make me "blind".


The whole point is to come here to bitch so everyone else doesn't have to see people whine and derail the threads.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know, I know. I should've worded the first part better or made it clear that it was only directed towards Boredomatitsfinest.

Home girl didn't mind to throw in her two cents about me and HS's disagreement after the thread, HS and I moved in from it. And that's fine, everyone has an opinion. I get that. But then had to rush over here to imply that I'm closed minded and blind. And, now that I'm calling her out on that bullshit logic she is nowhere to be found.

Figures.


Wow. Lmao. Someone's grumpy.

First of all, home girl, sorry I don't sit on YTMD all day refreshing threads. Funny that I'm "nowhere to be found" after a couple of hours. Yeah. Okay.

Second of all, my post wasn't even directed at you. In fact, your username hadn't even caught my attention until you decided to come here and throw a little hissy fit over something that you mistakenly took extremely personal. Like, I'm really sorry you got your panties all in a bunch, home girl, but that type of thing happens all the time on here. The context of your guys' conversation just reminded me of a pet peeve of mine, but I wasn't directly referring to that conversation, nor was I trying to imply anything about you personally.

I get that passive aggressive posts are annoying as hell, but my post wasn't one of them. Maybe PM or just take a deep breath next time before jumping to conclusions.
User avatar
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:18 pm

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby imnottired » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:25 pm

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
imnottired wrote:
Deadhead_kay wrote:[quote="imnottired"]When people come here to bitch instead of calling people out on the boards.

And btw, boredom. I'm not closeminded to what anyone else was or is saying. I had a point and I made it. Just because me and HS had conflicting points of view doesn't make me "blind".


The whole point is to come here to bitch so everyone else doesn't have to see people whine and derail the threads.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know, I know. I should've worded the first part better or made it clear that it was only directed towards Boredomatitsfinest.

Home girl didn't mind to throw in her two cents about me and HS's disagreement after the thread, HS and I moved in from it. And that's fine, everyone has an opinion. I get that. But then had to rush over here to imply that I'm closed minded and blind. And, now that I'm calling her out on that bullshit logic she is nowhere to be found.

Figures.


Wow. Lmao. Someone's grumpy.

First of all, home girl, sorry I don't sit on YTMD all day refreshing threads. Funny that I'm "nowhere to be found" after a couple of hours. Yeah. Okay.

Second of all, my post wasn't even directed at you. In fact, your username hadn't even caught my attention until you decided to come here and throw a little hissy fit over something that you mistakenly took extremely personal. Like, I'm really sorry you got your panties all in a bunch, home girl, but that type of thing happens all the time on here. The context of your guys' conversation just reminded me of a pet peeve of mine, but I wasn't directly referring to that conversation, nor was I trying to imply anything about you personally.

I get that passive aggressive posts are annoying as hell, but my post wasn't one of them. Maybe PM or just take a deep breath next time before jumping to conclusions.[/quote]I don't sit on YTMD all day refreshing threads. Some days, like today, I'm more active and other days I'm not.

I don't appreciate you constantly repeating the word "home girl". Why does my choice of vocabulary bother you? It wasn't an insult. We all speak in different ways and we don't have to make fun of each other because of those differences.

But, after reading your post, I realize that I did absolutely jump to conclusions. I should have messaged you first or clarified. I apologize for calling you out in the way I did.
imnottired
Gossiper
 
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:19 pm

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby orangeblossom » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:46 pm

blackroses wrote:
CallieT wrote:Americans do some pretty weird shit tho lol. If it's about our eating habits for example I can understand that.


Yeah our eating habits are so extreme, I'm talking about the oversized everything burgers milkshakes, breakfast foods, pizzas. Anything really it's actually kind of nasty ( although I have tried the shake and although I didn't have sugar for the rest of the week that shit was so delicious)

I agree we generally have terrible eating habits in America but I just think its annoying it has to be pointed out every time an American youtuber does something different, it's repetitive and it goes nowhere.
"You gave birth to a baby, not a PhD."
orangeblossom
Amateur
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:10 am

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby Nuna » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:10 am

My pet peeve is when people are completely oblivious to the tone in their posts. I've seen posters attack others and throw shade, but then get indignant and outraged at the slightest perception that someone is doing the same back to them. If all your posts have a million capital letters and exclamation points, you may want to chill a bit. Not every issue should have you outraged and in the red-zone just because you hate a vlogger. If someone disagrees with you, it could be because they relate to what you are complaining about, and not actually have much to do with defending said vlogger. People do all parent differently, so there is bound to be some debate and variance.
Nuna
Talker
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:24 am

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby HelloSweetie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:43 am

Nuna wrote:My pet peeve is when people are completely oblivious to the tone in their posts. I've seen posters attack others and throw shade, but then get indignant and outraged at the slightest perception that someone is doing the same back to them. If all your posts have a million capital letters and exclamation points, you may want to chill a bit. Not every issue should have you outraged and in the red-zone just because you hate a vlogger. If someone disagrees with you, it could be because they relate to what you are complaining about, and not actually have much to do with defending said vlogger. People do all parent differently, so there is bound to be some debate and variance.


Like when a poster throws around "you just love XYZ" but then gets butt hurt if someone implies hate is clouding their judgement. We all have opinions, and if your argument is right then let it speak for itself. Dismissing someone's comment completely because you think is too pro (or anti) a YTer just looks like you're threatened by the counter argument and feel your position isn't speaking strongly enough for itself.
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 11166
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby Boredomatitsfinest » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:00 pm

imnottired wrote: I don't sit on YTMD all day refreshing threads. Some days, like today, I'm more active and other days I'm not.

I don't appreciate you constantly repeating the word "home girl". Why does my choice of vocabulary bother you? It wasn't an insult. We all speak in different ways and we don't have to make fun of each other because of those differences.

But, after reading your post, I realize that I did absolutely jump to conclusions. I should have messaged you first or clarified. I apologize for calling you out in the way I did.


I'm sorry to offend you. It doesn't bother me at all, I use the term as well haha. You were feisty in your post toward me, so I was just trying to lighten the mood and be jokingly feisty back. I'm sorry that that didn't transfer well.

But thank you, I appreciate the apology! No hard feelings.
User avatar
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:18 pm

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby Boredomatitsfinest » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Nuna wrote:My pet peeve is when people are completely oblivious to the tone in their posts. I've seen posters attack others and throw shade, but then get indignant and outraged at the slightest perception that someone is doing the same back to them. If all your posts have a million capital letters and exclamation points, you may want to chill a bit. Not every issue should have you outraged and in the red-zone just because you hate a vlogger. If someone disagrees with you, it could be because they relate to what you are complaining about, and not actually have much to do with defending said vlogger. People do all parent differently, so there is bound to be some debate and variance.


This. Obviously it's necessary/granted sometimes, but I just can't take users who write like this all the time seriously. Like... are you really that fired up? Are you just trying to emphasize certain words? Are you being sarcastic?? What's going on over there? Lmao. It's too much for me.
User avatar
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:18 pm

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby fossilfinger » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:32 am

According to many posters, anyone who's "ugly" is apparently not deserving of happiness. And also apparently they can control their ugliness.
fossilfinger
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2486
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby fudgeitup » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:14 am

fossilfinger wrote:According to many posters, anyone who's "ugly" is apparently not deserving of happiness. And also apparently they can control their ugliness.

This 100%!!! I hate when people use "she/her is so ugly" as a reason to why they are a bad person. Or when it is used as an insult or whatever. Like that isn't something anyone can really control without spending millions of dollars on plastic surgery to look like a barbie.
fudgeitup
Talker
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 11:54 am

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:58 am

fossilfinger wrote:According to many posters, anyone who's "ugly" is apparently not deserving of happiness. And also apparently they can control their ugliness.
Usually for me, it's people who are ugly on the inside (cough, Ellie, cough) that are undeserving of happiness.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 13860
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca

YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby soma31 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:08 am

When people feel the need to clog up threads and reply to Every. Single. Post. after being away from YTMD for a few days. I don't give a shit about your opinion on every single thing that was said while you were gone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soma31
Informer
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:50 am

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby IceCreamCone » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:21 am

I hate it when posters get so upset over something that they are SHOUTING AND OVER EXAGGERATING IN EVERY POST!!!!! Then, when someone dares to disagree, they gaslight them and tell them they need to relax and accept that everyone has an opinion because this is a gossip site. If every one of your posts has you so angry that you need to shout and be combative in every post, then maybe it's time to take a step back.
IceCreamCone
Talker
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:35 pm

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby menehune » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:47 pm

My pet peeve is when new posters first join the site and are just so extra. The DB board is so bad for this. I get it, you probably found this place because you were sick of a vlogger, but some posts are just so harsh and immature. When the regular posters aren't generally responding to and encouraging your mean posts, then it's possible you're taking it too far :?
User avatar
menehune
Informer
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby RootBeerFloatie » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:01 pm

menehune wrote:My pet peeve is when new posters first join the site and are just so extra. The DB board is so bad for this. I get it, you probably found this place because you were sick of a vlogger, but some posts are just so harsh and immature. When the regular posters aren't generally responding to and encouraging your mean posts, then it's possible you're taking it too far :?


People show boat to prove how "funny" they are. It's rarely funny or effective at all.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1506
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby HelloSweetie » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:04 pm

RootBeerFloatie wrote:
menehune wrote:My pet peeve is when new posters first join the site and are just so extra. The DB board is so bad for this. I get it, you probably found this place because you were sick of a vlogger, but some posts are just so harsh and immature. When the regular posters aren't generally responding to and encouraging your mean posts, then it's possible you're taking it too far :?


People show boat to prove how "funny" they are. It's rarely funny or effective at all.


Yep. Usually they either tone it down and start fitting in better, or they go completely crazy and flame out.
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 11166
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby BadWolf » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:54 am

IceCreamCone wrote:I hate it when posters get so upset over something that they are SHOUTING AND OVER EXAGGERATING IN EVERY POST!!!!! Then, when someone dares to disagree, they gaslight them and tell them they need to relax and accept that everyone has an opinion because this is a gossip site. If every one of your posts has you so angry that you need to shout and be combative in every post, then maybe it's time to take a step back.


Pretty sure I now know who this is about. Is it a certain expert on absolutely EVERYTHING?

So annoying.
User avatar
BadWolf
Talker
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:44 am

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby lmmomSD » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:07 am

BadWolf wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:I hate it when posters get so upset over something that they are SHOUTING AND OVER EXAGGERATING IN EVERY POST!!!!! Then, when someone dares to disagree, they gaslight them and tell them they need to relax and accept that everyone has an opinion because this is a gossip site. If every one of your posts has you so angry that you need to shout and be combative in every post, then maybe it's time to take a step back.


Pretty sure I now know who this is about. Is it a certain expert on absolutely EVERYTHING?

So annoying.
The thing is, sometimes I agree with gist of this person's posts. But all the caps and exclamation points and "How can you be so stupid? Don't you see it???" kind of statements are so off-putting. I annoyed some people when I first got here, but I listened to what people said, and hopefully annoy less people now. I was willing to accept feedback.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 13860
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby HelloSweetie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:10 am

lmmomSD wrote:
BadWolf wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:I hate it when posters get so upset over something that they are SHOUTING AND OVER EXAGGERATING IN EVERY POST!!!!! Then, when someone dares to disagree, they gaslight them and tell them they need to relax and accept that everyone has an opinion because this is a gossip site. If every one of your posts has you so angry that you need to shout and be combative in every post, then maybe it's time to take a step back.


Pretty sure I now know who this is about. Is it a certain expert on absolutely EVERYTHING?

So annoying.
The thing is, sometimes I agree with gist of this person's posts. But all the caps and exclamation points and "How can you be so stupid? Don't you see it???" kind of statements are so off-putting. I annoyed some people when I first got here, but I listened to what people said, and hopefully annoy less people now. I was willing to accept feedback.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


I get the impression she is actually very young and doesn't know near as many of the things she professes to be an expert on.
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 11166
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby Kryptonite » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:15 pm

This Tapatalk update that doesn't let me check my inbox in a timely manner...

P.S. the rules of this thread state that you have to say the person's username unless it's a general post. It's unfair to talk about someone without mentioning their username, OP. :)

However, I do agree with everything said above. I'm unsure of which user you're referencing specifically, but I've noticed that those kinds of posters de-rail the thread with their 'expertise' and then panic when they're called on it.

_________

#StayPuffy
#StayPuffy

Image
User avatar
Kryptonite
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 3450
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm
Location: Picture it, Sicily 1922

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Kryptonite wrote:This Tapatalk update that doesn't let me check my inbox in a timely manner...

P.S. the rules of this thread state that you have to say the person's username unless it's a general post. It's unfair to talk about someone without mentioning their username, OP. :)

However, I do agree with everything said above. I'm unsure of which user you're referencing specifically, but I've noticed that those kinds of posters de-rail the thread with their 'expertise' and then panic when they're called on it.

_________

#StayPuffy
Thanks for the rule reminder. I will use the person's name next time I feel compelled to comment!
I love your hashtag.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 13860
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing Ring

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

  • Advertisement