DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

Unread post by lmmomSD »

tintin15 wrote:Seriously. One of my favorite things about holidays has always been the anticipation for that one special day you get to go nuts. Is waking up Christmas morning special when you've already been overloaded with decorations and forced traditions? Is a day full of dressing up and eating candy awesome after you've been doing the same thing every day for a month?

There's a line from the musical Into the Woods (and, boy, these two could learn a lot from that musical) that says, "If life were only moments, then you'd never know you had one". They are taking the fun right out of life for these boys. Nothing is ever going to be special for them because it gets taken from that one special day or special moment to "every day is like this".

For example, let's say you had a favorite dessert and had a specific day of the week you ate it, and you always looked forward to that day. If you changed it to having that dessert every day, it wouldn't really matter anymore. There would be nothing to look forward to. In fact, you'd probably get sick of the dessert after a couple weeks.

It's the same for Halloween with them and I'm sure Christmas. What is there to look forward to? Some of the best memories in life end up being special, specific moments. These boys aren't going to have that, which makes me sad.
There's even a movie about it. "Elmo Saves Christmas". He gets a wish, and he wishes for Christmas every day. And it sucks, because everything special about Christmas is ruined. It's not special anymore. Ollie is totally jaded at 4, and Finn likely will be as well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

do they have a maid of some sort? everytime i watch their videos there are vacuum lines on the carpets but i never see them doing anything except prance around their mcmansion
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

YesMia wrote:I don’t post much but just wanted to say that it’s so weird that they don’t give Finn appropriate toys. No elmo, blocks, playdoh, leapfrog toys....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly! My son got all sorts of stuff for his 2nd birthday, not just cars and trucks. Play Doh, finger paints, a musical instrument set, clothes, even a little plastic gardening set. B&M really missed the mark...

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by sammibro »

I wonder if they invite the neighbors to their parties, and the neighbors don’t show up because they can’t stand the Lannings, or if the Lannings are so up their own cult-like asses that they don’t invite the neighbors? I’m willing to bet they don’t want the neighbors to see how they live, since they are “so famous” that they need to keep everything private!

twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

Rosiex3 wrote:
onbreak wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 8fbe98.jpg[/img]

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
HE'S SOO STINKING CUTE! I hate how his parents puts so much effort in for Ollie and not so much for finney Image

Finn deserves better!

I hate to say it but he's much cuter than Ollie. Ollie has the face of spoiled little brat but he's always been weird looking while Finn is so adorable I just want to adopt him and show him a day focused on him.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

As usual - the intro is just showing Ollie being dropped off to school and Missy hugging and kissing him and talking about him, like it's NOT his birthday!! It seriously is so annoying when Finn has food in his mouth and BryLard is just throwing him all over the place - does his safety not matter at all to these two idiots?? Dada sounds really stupid - who's idea was that? The montage wasn't even personal - they need people to tell them what the happy memories are? So they decide to become practical when it's Finn's birthday - but they will spend thousands of dollars and get live animals when it's Ollie's birthday?? Finn has ZERO reaction to the toys because that's exactly how Ollie behaves when he gets toys!
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Todays Daxton Butlers birthday
His mother loves him

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... a2b38c.jpg[/img]

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 839f43.jpg[/img]

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

They lost a teaching moment with Ollie when letting him pick out a birthday present for Finn. Missy even said something along the lines of it's not picking something you want it's buying something he would like, he continues to pick presents that Ollie himself wants and said but I need to pick out something he can share with ME!!!!!!!!
Nothing else from Missy. She should of stopped him. Had her look at her and say no, that is not what a present is about either. It is 100% something that they would like and is for them and it is up to them whether they want to share but not up to you to decide it's something you would like to play and be shared with.
aurora85
Talker
Talker

Unread post by aurora85 »

lmmomSD wrote:
tintin15 wrote:Seriously. One of my favorite things about holidays has always been the anticipation for that one special day you get to go nuts. Is waking up Christmas morning special when you've already been overloaded with decorations and forced traditions? Is a day full of dressing up and eating candy awesome after you've been doing the same thing every day for a month?

There's a line from the musical Into the Woods (and, boy, these two could learn a lot from that musical) that says, "If life were only moments, then you'd never know you had one". They are taking the fun right out of life for these boys. Nothing is ever going to be special for them because it gets taken from that one special day or special moment to "every day is like this".

For example, let's say you had a favorite dessert and had a specific day of the week you ate it, and you always looked forward to that day. If you changed it to having that dessert every day, it wouldn't really matter anymore. There would be nothing to look forward to. In fact, you'd probably get sick of the dessert after a couple weeks.

It's the same for Halloween with them and I'm sure Christmas. What is there to look forward to? Some of the best memories in life end up being special, specific moments. These boys aren't going to have that, which makes me sad.
There's even a movie about it. "Elmo Saves Christmas". He gets a wish, and he wishes for Christmas every day. And it sucks, because everything special about Christmas is ruined. It's not special anymore. Ollie is totally jaded at 4, and Finn likely will be as well.

Holy crap, my kids have that movie on constantly. Sorry, off topic.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Acbsktbll »

theg0ssiping1 wrote:do they have a maid of some sort? everytime i watch their videos there are vacuum lines on the carpets but i never see them doing anything except prance around their mcmansion
Yup. Well, for sure they have a cleaning lady. She comes at least 1x a week.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
DidEyeSayIt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DidEyeSayIt »

sammibro wrote:I just looked at the thumbnails for the last 30 vlogs. 4 of them featured both boys together. 14 of them were Ollie only (or with a parent). Wanna know how many featured Finn? 6! Only 6 thumbnails with only Finn... and the titles were almost always something negative: BABY POWER WHEELS CRASH, BABY’S FIRST HAIRCUT DISASTER, GAME SCARES BABY, and now TERRIBLE TWOS. Maybe I’m overreacting with the thumbnail thing, but the way Missy and Bryan treat Finn seems to be so different than the way they treat Ollie. I don’t see how they don’t realize it. Or maybe they do realize it, and treat Finn that way because the minions prefer Ollie over him. That’s actually much worse if that’s why they show favoritism for one child over the other. Finn is such a sweetie, but he seems so ignored in the vlogs... just imagine how bad it is off camera. I hope he and Ollie can afford good therapists when they are older!

Honestly, the fact that they favor Ollie so much makes me really dislike Ollie. Finn is SO much cuter. Ollie looks evil and dead inside. It’s creepy.

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

I couldn’t sleep so I went through all the vlogs from this year. It’s close some might be a little off. Thumb nails were a little hard sometimes.

Both - 87
Ollie- 125
Finn- 44
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

https://apple.news/AVgvlw4WCRa6eGVCxIiG ... GVCxIiGNYQ

I saw this and it made me think of Bryan. I bet he will be one of the first to do this. An excuse to buy more crap on Amazon Prime *and* an excuse to buy yet another security camera - he will be in heaven. Plus, we all know what a burden it is for them to drive the fancy new Polaris all the way down the driveway to get the mail. Now they can go to Starbucks and have someone do that for them!

Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

I'm watching the dumps vlog, "winter cabin surprise" from November 28, 2015' and its a hoot! they are cuddly with each other, heads not conpletely full of themselves. its kind of sad knowing how they will change. if u watch look under missys left arm, i swear i think she has the pricetags attached to her jacket, im assuming she needed the jacket for the trip only & was returning it after their weekend in the snow. how times have changed w/ all the "things" they buy & toss now! so weired to see then affectionate with each othef!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Emmalinelola1 wrote:I'm watching the dumps vlog, "winter cabin surprise" from November 28, 2015' and its a hoot! they are cuddly with each other, heads not conpletely full of themselves. its kind of sad knowing how they will change. if u watch look under missys left arm, i swear i think she has the pricetags attached to her jacket, im assuming she needed the jacket for the trip only & was returning it after their weekend in the snow. how times have changed w/ all the "things" they buy & toss now! so weired to see then affectionate with each othef!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lol. That's funny you think they've changed since then because many of us thought they had already changed for the worst at the time.

And yes Missy had the tags on that jacket, I remember it being discussed at the time. If I remember right that was her third new winter coat that year! She always needs to buy a new one because she always returns them Image
sparklyfluff
Informer
Informer

Unread post by sparklyfluff »

Not been on Bryan’s personal Facebook for a while so thought I’d have a look. Someone mentions he looks like his dad on his profile pic, does he even see him anymore?

Then look at this weird comment on the cover photo, what’s that about?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... c76b41.jpg[/img]

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

sparklyfluff wrote:Not been on Bryan’s personal Facebook for a while so thought I’d have a look. Someone mentions he looks like his dad on his profile pic, does he even see him anymore?

Interesting. A while back someone had posted about Bryan hitting on his friend (a guy) people from here tried asking him for the scoop, but didn't get a response. I wonder if this person would be willing to dish.
I'm skeptical about people who just make comments like that and don't elaborate or anything. It's kinda trollish.

sparklyfluff
Informer
Informer

Unread post by sparklyfluff »

lmmomSD wrote:
sparklyfluff wrote:Not been on Bryan’s personal Facebook for a while so thought I’d have a look. Someone mentions he looks like his dad on his profile pic, does he even see him anymore?

Interesting. A while back someone had posted about Bryan hitting on his friend (a guy) people from here tried asking him for the scoop, but didn't get a response. I wonder if this person would be willing to dish.
I'm skeptical about people who just make comments like that and don't elaborate or anything. It's kinda trollish.

Her whole profile is weird to be honest, then she posted on missy’s photo of her and Bryan at that murder mystery night saying her husband cheated with missy when they met at a wedding last October and it got weird. She’s a troll or she’s lost her mind lol.

spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by spillingthetea »

Sorry to say this but Ollie's features made him look like he had down syndrome as a baby

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I think that woman might just be nuts. I don't think she's a troll, she has real pictures on her Facebook. Did they even go to a wedding last October? I don't think they did. They would probably take a picture of it or at least getting ready for it. Anything to seem social. The woman is also in Florida.

Return to “Daily Bumps”