Is this family LDS? Does anyone know?
menehune
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Unread post by menehune »

lmmomSD wrote:Like Munchausen syndrome by proxy? There are so many things that seem off in this story.
I don't understand the whole opiates while pregnant thing, to the point of having an addicted baby. They use methadone for chronic pain management as well as addiction treatment, and its use in pregnant women has been well documented. So choosing Percocet for pain management in a pregnant woman seems weird. My doctor gave me Tylenol with codeine for horrible back pain when I was pregnant, but I managed not to have an addicted baby. Because my doctor monitored me really closely. Not judging, just curious.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Yep. Without going too far OT there was a contestant on Big Brother than had some legit health issues (Gastroparesis) but also a BUNCH of fabricated and exaggerated ones. Over the months she was on the show, it came out that her mother had told her she had a lot of these issues, and the family had been living off various Go Fund Me drives. The chick was nuts for sure, but it definitely seemed that the real cause of her dysfunction was actually years of her mother telling her how sick she was. Definitely Munchausen by proxy like.

I mean, just because a child actually has something wrong with them, doesn't mean a parent can't exaggerate or manipulate that story to their sick advantage. Either this family actually has a lot of issues, or they are looking for issues. Something doesn't feel right.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Grandma Munchhausen needs to back off, quiet down, let the kids parents have a little say in the telling of THEIR CHILD'S story and CHANGE THAT LIPSTICK. So distracting

I would not be surprised if there was some addiction issues going on here, (or still going on). If the child condition was due to his mothers addiction (she doesn't mention addiction, but choosing a medication over the safety of your unborn child, to the point where she could not function and needed 24 hour care just screams addiction to me....) if can 100% see them trying to make this into some mystery illness so they don't have to admit that the condition stems from the mother's pill habit.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And where was her OB GYN in all this? My doctor was super careful with my dosage of the T3. I can't imagine a legit doctor treating a pregnant woman that way. I mean, people with chronic pain do get pregnant, but you get pain management involved in the care, in conjunction with the OB, and you don't just keep writing prescriptions. It's so weird.
Although, to be clear, opiates don't generally cause birth defects. My daughter's genetics doc said I could have taken twenty T3's a day, and it likely would have caused withdrawal, but not birth defects. If Andy has something congenital, it's not from the Percocet. It's still weird though that they gave her Percocet.

Last edited by lmmomSD on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Is this family LDS? Does anyone know?
Yes they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:You don't think this woman is wack, watch this video. Her daughters seizure disorder which was supposed to kill her as soon as she hit puberty was cured because of god, prayer, and a chiropractor.

WOWZERS! That family has massive issues and the mom (grandmother) is the big problem. Munchausen syndrome by proxy FOR SURE! All of her kids and her grandchild are DYING?? Bitch is bonkers!
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Is this family LDS? Does anyone know?
Yes they are.

ApplePie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ApplePie »

I just finished watching several of their videos and yeah, something is definitely strange about this family. I agree with Manchausen by proxy... just watching ten or so videos, three of her kids have had serious and potentially fatal health issues and now her only grandson does too.

Also, the song they used for the intro in several of their videos was the same song E&J used...the drummy, happy, upbeat one I think when Jackson was just a baby? Obsessed much? Yikes.
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

This video is just pathetic. Ellie and Jared have been on the local Utah news a couple of times; one being their IVF thing. I bet that they had a spike in Subs because of the news stories. Jared’s thoughts were how can we get back on the local news, our channel is tanking! So they decide if we exploit this family maybe we will get coverage in the news again. These two are so pathetic and you know their channel deserves to tank. I have a feeling they are getting crap from both Jared’s side of the family and Ellie’s side of the family. Everyone can see what they are doing and it is so sad. They remind me of Sam and Nia now!!

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Bethypooh51 wrote:This video is just pathetic. Ellie and Jared have been on the local Utah news a couple of times; one being their IVF thing. I bet that they had a spike in Subs because of the news stories. Jared’s thoughts were how can we get back on the local news, our channel is tanking! So they decide if we exploit this family maybe we will get coverage in the news again. These two are so pathetic and you know their channel deserves to tank. I have a feeling they are getting crap from both Jared’s side of the family and Ellie’s side of the family. Everyone can see what they are doing and it is so sad. They remind me of Sam and Nia now!!

I wonder if Andy's mom found their channel because she was looking for similar stories and stumbled upon their "He just stopped breathing" vlog?
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

I agree that the video was very odd, and the story was hard to follow. But it reminds me of something I saw on the news years ago. This young boy had a condition where he would stop breathing when he fell asleep. He had to be on a ventilator or something every night, and they had to be really careful to make sure that he didn't fall asleep/take a nap during the day. Does Andy have the same condition or is it something else? Are all of his problems a result of the mother taking Percocet while pregnant? I sort of skimmed the video, so sorry if I missed something.
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

Okay, I checked out the family's YouTube channel and.. wow. I take back what I said before, because this family is a bit whacko. I would be very surprised if there is not some form of munchausen by proxy going on in that family.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I'm so....confused. Can somebody tell me what is wrong with the kid? So he has apnea and bradycardia?
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I don't know a whole lot about the medical field but why would a doctor prescribe something so addictive when she was pregnant?!? I can only really speak for myself but no amount of pain would push me to take a chance in harming my unborn baby.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kaylor1 wrote:I don't know a whole lot about the medical field but why would a doctor prescribe something so addictive when she was pregnant?!? I can only really speak for myself but no amount of pain would push me to take a chance in harming my unborn baby.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Opiates _to a certain extent_ are safe during pregnancy. Heroin addicts put on methadone have an excellent chance of delivering perfectly healthy babies. They have to monitor them for withdrawal, but it doesn't cause birth defects. The story is odd-- it seems like they're leaving stuff out. People with chronic pain do have babies, and they have to be careful, but the Percocet itself wouldn't cause these problems.

gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

I can't even watch it. Just thumbnail and title pisses me off.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

LOL def munchausen by proxy 10000% I’m sure there is something wrong with him, but psycho parents or this case grandparents LOVE the feeling of a special sick kid, because they have a sick personality disorder that feeds off of attention and they over exaggerate and change the story to the point that they believe it and doctors believe it. That other daughter I’m sure just has pseudo-seizures (cough fake seizures cough) hopefully the daughter has self awareness and doesn’t go down the attention seeking past. I know I sound cold hearted but just the vibes I really get. And I’m sure the actual mom of that kid was addicted and the car accident was a nice cover up?? hope I don’t offend anyone with my lack of empathy, my gut feeling about them is totally off.

Agent7
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Agent7 »

Obligatory "hi I'm new but I've been reading here a while". I made an account because wtf was todays video? Like The photoshopped thumbnail of Ellie and Jared?Did Ellie even give the kid a hug at all? Someone said that they all went (it was in the other families video maybe?) but why didn't Jared bother to show Ellie or the boys interacting with the kid they went to see? Would that have not been more impactful and better vlog footage? This whole thing was weird.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

gymchick43 wrote:LOL def munchausen by proxy 10000% I’m sure there is something wrong with him, but psycho parents or this case grandparents LOVE the feeling of a special sick kid, because they have a sick personality disorder that feeds off of attention and they over exaggerate and change the story to the point that they believe it and doctors believe it. That other daughter I’m sure just has pseudo-seizures (cough fake seizures cough) hopefully the daughter has self awareness and doesn’t go down the attention seeking past. I know I sound cold hearted but just the vibes I really get. And I’m sure the actual mom of that kid was addicted and the car accident was a nice cover up?? hope I don’t offend anyone with my lack of empathy, my gut feeling about them is totally off.
Don't feel bad, because you are right. I think Jared's dad met this family and got Jared into thinking their story was legit. It's obviously NOT what they make it out to be and it's 100% lies. Jared didn't do any research and now he's stuck with a video promoting a family with serious mental health problems.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

ewokfan11 wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:LOL def munchausen by proxy 10000% I’m sure there is something wrong with him, but psycho parents or this case grandparents LOVE the feeling of a special sick kid, because they have a sick personality disorder that feeds off of attention and they over exaggerate and change the story to the point that they believe it and doctors believe it. That other daughter I’m sure just has pseudo-seizures (cough fake seizures cough) hopefully the daughter has self awareness and doesn’t go down the attention seeking past. I know I sound cold hearted but just the vibes I really get. And I’m sure the actual mom of that kid was addicted and the car accident was a nice cover up?? hope I don’t offend anyone with my lack of empathy, my gut feeling about them is totally off.
Don't feel bad, because you are right. I think Jared's dad met this family and got Jared into thinking their story was legit. It's obviously NOT what they make it out to be and it's 100% lies. Jared didn't do any research and now he's stuck with a video promoting a family with serious mental health problems.
Exploitation and attention seeking at its finest

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 63f4c9.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 3ca857.jpg[/img]

Return to “Ellie and Jared”