Samika Vlogs. Part #2

pattys
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Vlogs. Part #2

Unread post by pattys »

Was watching Daehan's vlog and he was using that virtual reality headset, he asked #Sam how much it cost and he said $400
sun88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sun88 »

One thing that I like about E & J is that they see Youtube as a job and put effort into it, have upload times and make sure they upload. While I prefer Samika (everything about them!) and think Sam is the more talented of them..I wish they would stick to upload times etc. It really bothers me when YTbers can´t stick to their routine. I do understand Sams mindset of putting family first..as a viewer it is just annoying because nowadays videos get lost in the YT junk anyway.
Does anyone else feel the same? I mean, my complaining is a bit ridiculous because they are human...but you know..
sun88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sun88 »

pattys wrote:Was watching Daehan's vlog and he was using that virtual reality headset, he asked #Sam how much it cost and he said $400
I´ve been with a technology lover before and don´t think it's unusual to purchase something like that. Noone says anything when someone buys an iPhone yet it is even more expensive and not necessary to upgrade every time. He still Ebays a lot too.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

sun88 wrote:One thing that I like about E & J is that they see Youtube as a job and put effort into it, have upload times and make sure they upload. While I prefer Samika (everything about them!) and think Sam is the more talented of them..I wish they would stick to upload times etc. It really bothers me when YTbers can´t stick to their routine. I do understand Sams mindset of putting family first..as a viewer it is just annoying because nowadays videos get lost in the YT junk anyway.
Does anyone else feel the same? I mean, my complaining is a bit ridiculous because they are human...but you know..
I see what you mean, if YouTube is going to be your job then you should treat it like one. If you work in an office and you have a deadline you can’t just say “sorry boss, my work will be late because I want to spend time with my kids.” That isn’t how it works in the real world. We would all rather spend more time with our kids than at work, but we can’t. I think youtubers should set a schedule and a routine and stick to it like a normal job would require you too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

pattys wrote:Was watching Daehan's vlog and he was using that virtual reality headset, he asked #Sam how much it cost and he said $400
Sam mentioned that the VR headset was a PR gift when he first got it.
Peridot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peridot »

staceybrax wrote:
sun88 wrote:One thing that I like about E & J is that they see Youtube as a job and put effort into it, have upload times and make sure they upload. While I prefer Samika (everything about them!) and think Sam is the more talented of them..I wish they would stick to upload times etc. It really bothers me when YTbers can´t stick to their routine. I do understand Sams mindset of putting family first..as a viewer it is just annoying because nowadays videos get lost in the YT junk anyway.
I see what you mean, if YouTube is going to be your job then you should treat it like one. If you work in an office and you have a deadline you can’t just say “sorry boss, my work will be late because I want to spend time with my kids.” That isn’t how it works in the real world. We would all rather spend more time with our kids than at work, but we can’t. I think youtubers should set a schedule and a routine and stick to it like a normal job would require you too.

I agree. I think vloggers need to be consistently visible to stay relevant. People will lose interest fast if they don't see you every day or so. When you call your viewers "family" they don't like to be excluded or left out. Vloggers need to be loyal to their viewers just as they expect viewers to be loyal to them. Two-way street. It's kind of like slacking on the job.
sun88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sun88 »

I loved today´s vlog! I love little festivals like that, we don't have them in the city (non-US).
Peridot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peridot »

It's really kind of sad. Their channel is better than so many others. There are so many family vloggers that I just can't tolerate doing so much better. In the last 30 days according to Social Blade they lost 579 subscribers. They're barely hanging to 180,000 now. It's like their channel is dying a slow death. I hope they have back up plans for income.
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

Peridot wrote:It's really kind of sad. Their channel is better than so many others. There are so many family vloggers that I just can't tolerate doing so much better. In the last 30 days according to Social Blade they lost 579 subscribers. They're barely hanging to 180,000 now. It's like their channel is dying a slow death. I hope they have back up plans for income.
I think a lot of it has to do with consistency. They don’t have a regular upload schedule so people don’t know when to expect videos. As for backup income, I think Sam would do an excellent job in advertising. His ads are the only ones I don’t mind watching!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

madi_b_123 wrote:
Peridot wrote:It's really kind of sad. Their channel is better than so many others. There are so many family vloggers that I just can't tolerate doing so much better. In the last 30 days according to Social Blade they lost 579 subscribers. They're barely hanging to 180,000 now. It's like their channel is dying a slow death. I hope they have back up plans for income.
I think a lot of it has to do with consistency. They don’t have a regular upload schedule so people don’t know when to expect videos. As for backup income, I think Sam would do an excellent job in advertising. His ads are the only ones I don’t mind watching!

That Best Buy ad was really good. Too bad I hate Best Buy. (Friends in the Sonoma fires said Best Buy was the only company that wouldn't work with them on their credit payments after the fires-- bad. Very bad)
Anyway, his ads are so clever and his ability to catch moments is so good!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

i thought they would finally have a regular schedule once they've settled in AZ but it seems like they only post every other day.

i also wonder if they ever consider sam working again. the ad $$$ may sustain them now but the kids would have more needs as they get older, and they have mentioned buying a house in a year. i mean,we all hope that they would have their turn on yt but realistically speaking......yeah i hope they have a backup plan :lol:
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

Yea, a schedule would really help them gain subscribers. Right now it's all over the place of what time they'll upload and if they'll even upload at all. People aren't going to view regularly if there isn't a consistent schedule.

It does annoy me that annoying, fake, cringe family vloggers get high views & subscribers like Daily Bumps, E +J, & 8 Passengers. All the while Samika has been pretty stagnant when they're genuine, kind, and talented.
Peridot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peridot »

snowbaby95 wrote:Yea, a schedule would really help them gain subscribers. Right now it's all over the place of what time they'll upload and if they'll even upload at all. People aren't going to view regularly if there isn't a consistent schedule.

It does annoy me that annoying, fake, cringe family vloggers get high views & subscribers like Daily Bumps, E +J, & 8 Passengers. All the while Samika has been pretty stagnant when they're genuine, kind, and talented.
Exactly. They're nice people and have adorable kids. They should be doing so much better than they are. I don't understand why instead of taking off like the other Utah vloggers did, they're just kind of fading away.

At this point, I almost think family vlogging has reached it's peak and is now on a downward spiral. People have short attention spans and move on to other new things for entertainment. Even the birth videos to me are ho-hum. Seen it so many times. Not that exciting to watch anymore. Plus, I just can't watch any more travel montages or ANY montages. So boring, so predictable. That's ALL vloggers, not just Samika. Maybe it's just me.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Peridot wrote:
snowbaby95 wrote:Yea, a schedule would really help them gain subscribers. Right now it's all over the place of what time they'll upload and if they'll even upload at all. People aren't going to view regularly if there isn't a consistent schedule.

Exactly. They're nice people and have adorable kids. They should be doing so much better than they are. I don't understand why instead of taking off like the other Utah vloggers did, they're just kind of fading away.

At this point, I almost think family vlogging has reached it's peak and is now on a downward spiral. People have short attention spans and move on to other new things for entertainment. Even the birth videos to me are ho-hum. Seen it so many times. Not that exciting to watch anymore. Plus, I just can't watch any more travel montages or ANY montages. So boring, so predictable. That's ALL vloggers, not just Samika. Maybe it's just me.
Plus, the market is definitely saturated. There are SO many family vloggers out there! And anyone who has any success gets copied by their entire family. Having a cute family isn't enough. You gotta have a gimmick these days.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ReginaPhalange
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ReginaPhalange »

I'm not worried about them. Sam said once in a vlog that he learned not to rely on just one income source, but instead try to get as many sources as possible. They don't make much off of vlogging, but they do have lots of sponsorships (which I enjoy watching actually, he's so talented). I don't know if they do photography professionaly, but I'd hire them in a heartbeat. I just love that family!

Gesendet von meinem TA-1024 mit Tapatalk
sun88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sun88 »

It´s time for Sam to take this insane opportunity as what it is - an insane opportunity! They will easily reach the same sub level as E+J but he just has to sit down in his office to work on it. E+J built their own house and Samika deserves that and can do sooo much better. I truly hope Sam will realise this and create fun content like back in the days, when they started out. It made me fall in love with them (Been watching since 1,000 subs, pre Noah).
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

sun88 wrote:It´s time for Sam to take this insane opportunity as what it is - an insane opportunity! They will easily reach the same sub level as E+J but he just has to sit down in his office to work on it. E+J built their own house and Samika deserves that and can do sooo much better. I truly hope Sam will realise this and create fun content like back in the days, when they started out. It made me fall in love with them (Been watching since 1,000 subs, pre Noah).
What did I miss? What insane opportunity?
Peridot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peridot »

sun88 wrote:It´s time for Sam to take this insane opportunity as what it is - an insane opportunity! They will easily reach the same sub level as E+J but he just has to sit down in his office to work on it. E+J built their own house and Samika deserves that and can do sooo much better. I truly hope Sam will realise this and create fun content like back in the days, when they started out. It made me fall in love with them (Been watching since 1,000 subs, pre Noah).
Sadly, I think that ship has already sailed. Even PJs birth didn't give them a big boost. I can't put my finger on just why they did not take off like the rest. They''re such genuinely nice people.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I think they missed the chance for their channel to be huge. Daily vlogging is on a downward spiral as it is, the biggest daily vlog channels aren’t getting close to the views they used to.
Daily bumps are averaging around 300k views per video, they used to get 800k-1 mil per video.
Ellie and Jared are only getting 100–150k views (and Jared is so buying views so it’d be even less than that).
OKbaby are only getting about around 200k views and they used to get well over 500k views.

There isn’t as much interest in vlogging anymore and if Sam and Jen couldn’t get lots of subs and views 2 years ago they are definitely not going to get them now. Sam should use this time to get a degree in advertising or marketing or something because he is talented.

sun88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sun88 »

staceybrax wrote:I think they missed the chance for their channel to be huge. Daily vlogging is on a downward spiral as it is, the biggest daily vlog channels aren’t getting close to the views they used to.
Daily bumps are averaging around 300k views per video, they used to get 800k-1 mil per video.
Ellie and Jared are only getting 100–150k views (and Jared is so buying views so it’d be even less than that).
OKbaby are only getting about around 200k views and they used to get well over 500k views.

There isn’t as much interest in vlogging anymore and if Sam and Jen couldn’t get lots of subs and views 2 years ago they are definitely not going to get them now. Sam should use this time to get a degree in advertising or marketing or something because he is talented.

The "issue" was that as soon as they had kids, Sam put family first, and the vlogs became "boring" (in a way, I like them a lot, just the content). I do think if he sticks to upload times and not just randomly uploads, he will raise his subs but I do agree with you that vlogging used to be a "hit" because it was new and we´ve never seen anything like that before. Now there are SO many channels and for most people, it´s not interesting anymore. I honestly watch them because I genuinely like them. Off topic, but, what other channels would you recommend? I just found the Stauffers Life and I also watch E+J here and there (I just don´t like them that much :D ).

Return to “Q-Z”