DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

spillingthetea wrote:
spacekitty wrote:
spillingthetea wrote:Who did their makeup? It looks like shit. If they paint Missys face they should also paint her chest, arms and any other visible part of her body

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Exactly, and besides Sally’s skin color, her makeups pretty minimal lol I did a skull makeup look last night using everything I already own. You can tell how thrown together last minute it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well im a special effects makeup artist and that costume with really good prosthetics and paint would have been soooo good. My guess is that they hired a ''normal'' mua with no knowledge about film makeup and characterization so she just winged it... maybe not everyone thinks about makeup but everything was so wrong even ollies makeup he should have been bald like jack

Sorry but you don't need to be a special effects artist to realize that Missy's makeup was all wrong. You just need to have an eye for detail! I'm not an artist but my son has had cosplay level costumes his entire life (because like his mother he too has an eye for detail) and each time I've done a better job than that. Speaking specifically about the makeup here, because I don't think anyone expected Ollie to be bald.

Sometimes I think DB try so hard to be extra cool that it ends up going too far and just ends up being extra lame.
goonspoon
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by goonspoon »

spillingthetea wrote:
spacekitty wrote:
spillingthetea wrote:Who did their makeup? It looks like shit. If they paint Missys face they should also paint her chest, arms and any other visible part of her body

Exactly, and besides Sally’s skin color, her makeups pretty minimal lol I did a skull makeup look last night using everything I already own. You can tell how thrown together last minute it was.

Well im a special effects makeup artist and that costume with really good prosthetics and paint would have been soooo good. My guess is that they hired a ''normal'' mua with no knowledge about film makeup and characterization so she just winged it... maybe not everyone thinks about makeup but everything was so wrong even ollies makeup he should have been bald like jack

I really think a bald cap would have been much…I’m an SFX makeup artist too and I would be hesitant to put prosaide or telesis on a 4 year old’s face just for this. Especially Ollie, I doubt he would be able to sit still. But I’ve seen a face painter pop out some better skeleton faces than whatever they’ve got going on there.

spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by spillingthetea »

HelloSweetie wrote:
spillingthetea wrote:
spacekitty wrote: Exactly, and besides Sally’s skin color, her makeups pretty minimal lol I did a skull makeup look last night using everything I already own. You can tell how thrown together last minute it was.

Sorry but you don't need to be a special effects artist to realize that Missy's makeup was all wrong. You just need to have an eye for detail! I'm not an artist but my son has had cosplay level costumes his entire life (because like his mother he too has an eye for detail) and each time I've done a better job than that. Speaking specifically about the makeup here, because I don't think anyone expected Ollie to be bald.

Sometimes I think DB try so hard to be extra cool that it ends up going too far and just ends up being extra lame.
Sorry i just thought i was being to hard on them and that not many people cared about their Makeup Image but yeah, it sucks and i do expect to see Jack bald because well he is a skull and if oliver is SUCH A GOOD actor he should be able to sit still for a while in order for the mua to do its job.
I cant imagine being able to do Missy's makeup, can you imagine? Being on her phone all the time, moving around and telling you what to do because she literally knows everything about like everything guys

spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

goonspoon wrote:
spillingthetea wrote:
spacekitty wrote: Exactly, and besides Sally’s skin color, her makeups pretty minimal lol I did a skull makeup look last night using everything I already own. You can tell how thrown together last minute it was.

I really think a bald cap would have been much…I’m an SFX makeup artist too and I would be hesitant to put prosaide or telesis on a 4 year old’s face just for this. Especially Ollie, I doubt he would be able to sit still. But I’ve seen a face painter pop out some better skeleton faces than whatever they’ve got going on there.

I once had to apply a bald cap to a 3yr actor because he played a role of a child with cancer and he always sat still the hole time

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Oh man...thanks for the laughs, Bryan Spielberg

I don’t even know what part made me cringe most. Suzanne’s horrendous acting? Ollie’s garbled speech? Thally in that unflattering dress? Bryan...being Bryan? Cassie looking like a prostitute elf?

Jim was definitely the MVP this year

aurora85
Talker
Talker

Unread post by aurora85 »

Is it possible that they deliberately made the makeup look different but similar so they wouldn't get sued or something by Disney? How do these vloggers get away with making money off of being Disney characters anyways? I honestly don't know the law concerning that in America and would be genuinely curious to know.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
YesMia
Talker
Talker

Unread post by YesMia »

I thought it was kind of cute. Perfect? No way... but I have kids and they would love it.

spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Wow a child could have done this and the Girl seems proud about this shit [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... edd598.jpg[/img]

spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Wow i get it now, they love her because she is worse than them, culture appropriation with the tribe video and now this. Really? Día de los muertos halloween costume? Last minute idea? Look at the hashtags. Wow. What an asshole.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 910b3f.jpg[/img]

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

spillingthetea wrote:Wow a child could have done this and the Girl seems proud about this shit [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... edd598.jpg[/img]

Looks like a toddler juggalo.. Not really artistic looking

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

onbreak wrote:
spillingthetea wrote:Wow a child could have done this and the Girl seems proud about this shit [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... edd598.jpg[/img]

Looks like a toddler juggalo.. Not really artistic looking

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Yessss i knew it reminded me of something lol he just needs a beer on his hand and dirty hair. Poor baby

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

spillingthetea wrote:Wow i get it now, they love her because she is worse than them, culture appropriation with the tribe video and now this. Really? Día de los muertos halloween costume? Last minute idea? Look at the hashtags. Wow. What an asshole.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 910b3f.jpg[/img]

Not only is it badly done, Dia de los Muertos is not about Halloween!!! Arrrrgh.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

aurora85 wrote:Is it possible that they deliberately made the makeup look different but similar so they wouldn't get sued or something by Disney? How do these vloggers get away with making money off of being Disney characters anyways? I honestly don't know the law concerning that in America and would be genuinely curious to know.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
I think they are just bad at makeup, but the copyright infringement thing occurred to me, too. I am not an expert by any means, but I think that they are likely covered by fair use - what they are doing is similar to a parody; they’ve transformed it/given it new meaning; they haven’t hurt the market for the original work; and they haven’t directly copied a large or critical part of the original work. But they’ve blatantly ripped off of other people in the past, so they aren’t getting a free pass from me. Image I just believe that’s how they are able to do this particular skit without getting into trouble.

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Anyone find it odd that their super great annual Halloween special has been out for a few hours and they only have 68k views?

They probably uploaded it today because kids are home from school today and they assumed they'd be watching. Actual Halloween is on a Tuesday.
spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
spillingthetea wrote:Wow i get it now, they love her because she is worse than them, culture appropriation with the tribe video and now this. Really? Día de los muertos halloween costume? Last minute idea? Look at the hashtags. Wow. What an asshole.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 910b3f.jpg[/img]

Not only is it badly done, Dia de los Muertos is not about Halloween!!! Arrrrgh.

Its so annoying.
I dont wanna be one of those people because you can def do stuff from other cultures but always with respect

brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

Can you guys just imagine BryLard sitting there watching his "masterpiece" thinking he deserves an Oscar for his directing skills? His giant head must be exploding right now reading all the comments - Missy clearly has no friends and no life with doing these staged productions on their channel! Ollie's best performance was at 1:48 - wow - maybe their next "special" should be about Ollie's first visit to speech therapy!! It's so funny that Missy drew scars on her face when she clearly has so many wrinkles as it is - pause at 4:26. Ummm okay a green screen? Do they have to go all Hollywood with their vlogs now?
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

brownprincess93 wrote:Can you guys just imagine BryLard sitting there watching his "masterpiece" thinking he deserves an Oscar for his directing skills? His giant head must be exploding right now reading all the comments - Missy clearly has no friends and no life with doing these staged productions on their channel! Ollie's best performance was at 1:48 - wow - maybe their next "special" should be about Ollie's first visit to speech therapy!! It's so funny that Missy drew scars on her face when she clearly has so many wrinkles as it is - pause at 4:26. Ummm okay a green screen? Do they have to go all Hollywood with their vlogs now?
Well he IS a Grammy Recording Academy member, so I’m sure he thinks he should be a member of The Academy, as well Image

Random, but I happened to pause the video on this gem. It looks like she’s about to hack up a hairball.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 371f07.jpg[/img]

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

While the overall performance was very cringey, I do think they put some effort into it. Unfortunate, I know. But compared to some of the other crap they do with the kids, maybe this was better? Learning lines is a skill, even if it's just repeating them, and maybe also Ollie was interacting with his family and others while they were filming this. It just seems like it's a more fulfilling activity maybe than sitting in front of a screen eating uncrustables. I can at least hope, right?
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 41e44f.jpg[/img] Most Scariest...really?? No wonder Ollie has speech problems!

laughsatytfame
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by laughsatytfame »

lmmomSD wrote:Oh God. This is bad. Ollie as Jack? And whoever did Missy's makeup didn't look at a picture of Sally. It doesn't look like Sally at all. Sally wasn't blue.
I know I am nitpicking. But with all their money that they enjoy throwing around, you would think that they would get the costumes right. It's so bad. So many cuts because Ollie can't remember his lines. I think this is the worst one ever. You can't understand half of what he says, either.
Ollie playing with the dolls-- he just banged them together.
Missy "They must love to entertain. They have so many ingredients for potions" I bet she came up with that line all by herself. And they cater all their parties, so it doesn't matter how many "ingredients for potions" they have. And Suzanne was pretty bad too. I know I couldn't act any better than any of them, but I am not pretending I can. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... cc35bc.jpg

Ahahaha I didn't know Snooki was in TNBC. Dying at that photo. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Daily Bumps”