HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

staceybrax wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:I am sure she wanted the same car Bonnie has!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bet! The Suburban was around $70,000 and the Pilot was $40,000. Bonnie is doing WAY better than E&J.
And they just got the Colorado for Joel, I’m pretty sure that was brand new too.

Both the Suburban and Colorado were previously owned.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

HelloSweetie wrote:
staceybrax wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:
I bet! The Suburban was around $70,000 and the Pilot was $40,000. Bonnie is doing WAY better than E&J.
And they just got the Colorado for Joel, I’m pretty sure that was brand new too.

I have seen people say they were used as well. How do you know? The Suburban still had plastic on everything and Joel’s truck had a defect with the roof that would have been known if it was used, a local dealer fixed it and they implied it was free (like a warranty.)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

nutbagmcgee wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
staceybrax wrote:

I have seen people say they were used as well. How do you know? The Suburban still had plastic on everything and Joel’s truck had a defect with the roof that would have been known if it was used, a local dealer fixed it and they implied it was free (like a warranty.)
They mentioned the Suburban was used in the video where they got it and same for the truck when they were on the way to get it. I'll see if I can find the time stamps if my kids ever leave me alone!
polly9033
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by polly9033 »

When Ellie was bragging about the more expensive SUV, she and Jared were probably banking on a new baby to bring in the extra $$$. Then the miscarriage happened. Pregnancy would be equivalent to more views and $$ on YouTube. That’s how they got the previous bankroll. The procedure she had after this miscarriage typically prevents another pregnancy for at least six months or longer. So I think they’ve come to the conclusion that now with no pregnancy or baby on the way, they better buckle down on their budget and spending. Reality hit them finally. I don’t think this is going to make for a happy Ellie. She appears a very shallow and materialistic person and her role models, the Kardashian’s aka KarTRASHians! I think they counted on the pregnancy to sustain their high fluting tooting spending. Well, welcome to real life Ellie & Jared. Instead of Nordstrom’s, maybe Ellie will be shopping Kohl’s now, and they’ll both learn that money doesn’t grow on trees.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Cars lose their value so quickly that (to me) it doesn’t make a ton of sense to buy a brand new car. It’s smart to buy something slightly used for a good price if you can find it. But, I think E&J’s decision was more about how much less income they have now than they did a year ago.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Pency wrote:Cars lose their value so quickly that (to me) it doesn’t make a ton of sense to buy a brand new car. It’s smart to buy something slightly used for a good price if you can find it. But, I think E&J’s decision was more about how much less income they have now than they did a year ago.
I'm pretty sure Dave Ramsey advises to buy previously owned vehicles and not new. But I agree that Ellie would probably have wanted new for bragging rights and status if she could have swung it financially.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Looking back on Bonnie's car vlogs maybe they just hunted and got a deal after all and didn't buy used. They mention looking all over for a "pink unicorn" in terms of a specific price and vehicle, and that the salesman said he would find it for them, so maybe I just assumed this meant used because why wouldn't the dealer just order one? If the Suburban was used then it wasn't for long because their model was released only 10 months prior. It's possible they mention it was used in the scene where Bonnie talked about how they used to have a truck before, but I can't remember which vlog that was to find it.

I have no idea where they said the truck was used either, so maybe it is new?....
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

If their income is really declining this quickly, then Ellie reached her prime,by her standards, at age 25. There are so many ways to judge a person, but she only values materially and looks. Her looks are fading and she may not be able to buy the things she wants anymore. OH NO POOR ELLIE!

Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Pency wrote:Cars lose their value so quickly that (to me) it doesn’t make a ton of sense to buy a brand new car. It’s smart to buy something slightly used for a good price if you can find it. But, I think E&J’s decision was more about how much less income they have now than they did a year ago.
I'm pretty sure Dave Ramsey advises to buy previously owned vehicles and not new. But I agree that Ellie would probably have wanted new for bragging rights and status if she could have swung it financially.
He does, we loosely follow DR so that's probably where my aversion to new vehicles comes from, but I'm certain Ellie would have preferred a brand new vehicle, and I highly doubt they are following DR to a T now. I realize the Pacifica was sponsored, but Ellie's reaction to that (the crazy dancing in front of it) to the casual off handed way they introduced the Pilot speaks volumes. Ellie is all about status symbols. Gotta have that Restoration Hardware sofa that we barely sit on, that Madewell flannel that looks identical to the one from J Crew Factory, not to mention the Ice Palace, etc. etc. etc.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

HelloSweetie wrote:Looking back on Bonnie's car vlogs maybe they just hunted and got a deal after all and didn't buy used. They mention looking all over for a "pink unicorn" in terms of a specific price and vehicle, and that the salesman said he would find it for them, so maybe I just assumed this meant used because why wouldn't the dealer just order one? If the Suburban was used then it wasn't for long because their model was released only 10 months prior. It's possible they mention it was used in the scene where Bonnie talked about how they used to have a truck before, but I can't remember which vlog that was to find it.

I have no idea where they said the truck was used either, so maybe it is new?....
I think they said the truck smelled (nice)... which implied new car smell.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

actuallydear wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Looking back on Bonnie's car vlogs maybe they just hunted and got a deal after all and didn't buy used. They mention looking all over for a "pink unicorn" in terms of a specific price and vehicle, and that the salesman said he would find it for them, so maybe I just assumed this meant used because why wouldn't the dealer just order one? If the Suburban was used then it wasn't for long because their model was released only 10 months prior. It's possible they mention it was used in the scene where Bonnie talked about how they used to have a truck before, but I can't remember which vlog that was to find it.

I have always bought used cars from a dealer and they detail their cars really well. All of mine smelled brand new and were very clean. A dealership take pride in appearances so they will go that extra mile.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

China??! Didn't see that coming. Wonder what they are doing there?? They do need visas to go there, so maybe Bonnie and Joel are going with them. I'm guessing it's a tourism board-sponsored sightseeing trip. But, seriously, that's the last place I'd expect Ellie to want to visit. I hope she tries and learns new things...unlike some YTers who go abroad, see nothing, eat at McDonalds and pout the entire time.
sasha186
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sasha186 »

ewokfan11 wrote:China??! Didn't see that coming. Wonder what they are doing there?? They do need visas to go there, so maybe Bonnie and Joel are going with them. I'm guessing it's a tourism board-sponsored sightseeing trip. But, seriously, that's the last place I'd expect Ellie to want to visit. I hope she tries and learns new things...unlike some YTers who go abroad, see nothing, eat at McDonalds and pout the entire time.
That's surprising to me, too! From family and friends who have visited, I've heard China can be pretty hard on your stomach if you are a foreigner, so I'm sure there will be lots to complain about.

I don't know how to use the internet, so I had to just link to this relevant quote.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

When they said China I was shocked! Last place I expected!

GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

actuallydear wrote:

In the video where they pick up the truck you can see a little tag in the glove compartment. Around the 5:45 mark. My car had something similar when we bought it new. I also think the truck was new.

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I would love to find out what they paid for the Pilot. I know it isn't realistically possible to come up with the range they would've had to pay for the Pacifica, but I can't help but wonder if one of the real reasons they didn't purchase it is because they truly couldn't afford it - leaving them with no choice but to find a less expensive, used SUV in its place.

I kind of think that losing the Pacifica was not planned...like, they tried to make a deal with Chrysler that fell through. If they knew they were about to lose it, I would think they would've had another car lined up much sooner than they did. Obviously we don't know the exact timeline, but it seems like they were left with one car for quite a while, and the Pilot was a rushed last resort.

....All speculation of course, but I just can't help but wonder. Image
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Maybe they are interviewing sweatshops for merch

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

sasha186 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:China??! Didn't see that coming. Wonder what they are doing there?? They do need visas to go there, so maybe Bonnie and Joel are going with them. I'm guessing it's a tourism board-sponsored sightseeing trip. But, seriously, that's the last place I'd expect Ellie to want to visit. I hope she tries and learns new things...unlike some YTers who go abroad, see nothing, eat at McDonalds and pout the entire time.
That's surprising to me, too! From family and friends who have visited, I've heard China can be pretty hard on your stomach if you are a foreigner, so I'm sure there will be lots to complain about.

I don't know how to use the internet, so I had to just link to this relevant quote.
Cue lots of IBS references...
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I'm guessing this is going to be a luxury sponsored trip - top hotels, westernized food from the best restaurants, visiting big shopping malls, a few day trips to "safe" touristy spots and a 24/7 personal travel guide/interpreter/driver. I doubt Ellie could be convinced to go if they weren't going to be pampered (for free) the entire time.

It's creepy that a lot of their comments think they are going to China to adopt. Do these people think you just hop on a plane to China, pick out a kid and take them home?? YIKES! First of all, Ellie doesn't want to adopt and, secondly, it take usually about a year or more, a TON or paperwork, family home visits and international "red tape" to adopt overseas.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Besides, you don't need to look at the cars to tell that Bonnie's channel is doing better. She gets more views, and doesn't have to split her income with a network. Her Social Blade rank is even higher now, even though she has less subscribers.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 448863.jpg[/img]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”