• Advertisement

Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Re: Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Postby Kaylor1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:30 am

actuallydear wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Looking back on Bonnie's car vlogs maybe they just hunted and got a deal after all and didn't buy used. They mention looking all over for a "pink unicorn" in terms of a specific price and vehicle, and that the salesman said he would find it for them, so maybe I just assumed this meant used because why wouldn't the dealer just order one? If the Suburban was used then it wasn't for long because their model was released only 10 months prior. It's possible they mention it was used in the scene where Bonnie talked about how they used to have a truck before, but I can't remember which vlog that was to find it.

I have no idea where they said the truck was used either, so maybe it is new?....

I think they said the truck smelled (nice)... which implied new car smell.
I have always bought used cars from a dealer and they detail their cars really well. All of mine smelled brand new and were very clean. A dealership take pride in appearances so they will go that extra mile.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Talker

Advertisement

Postby ewokfan11 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:04 am

China??! Didn't see that coming. Wonder what they are doing there?? They do need visas to go there, so maybe Bonnie and Joel are going with them. I'm guessing it's a tourism board-sponsored sightseeing trip. But, seriously, that's the last place I'd expect Ellie to want to visit. I hope she tries and learns new things...unlike some YTers who go abroad, see nothing, eat at McDonalds and pout the entire time.
ewokfan11
True Gossiper

Postby sasha186 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:18 am

ewokfan11 wrote:China??! Didn't see that coming. Wonder what they are doing there?? They do need visas to go there, so maybe Bonnie and Joel are going with them. I'm guessing it's a tourism board-sponsored sightseeing trip. But, seriously, that's the last place I'd expect Ellie to want to visit. I hope she tries and learns new things...unlike some YTers who go abroad, see nothing, eat at McDonalds and pout the entire time.

That's surprising to me, too! From family and friends who have visited, I've heard China can be pretty hard on your stomach if you are a foreigner, so I'm sure there will be lots to complain about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUfq1YMXd8E

I don't know how to use the internet, so I had to just link to this relevant quote.
sasha186
Amateur

Postby calliepaige84 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:20 am

When they said China I was shocked! Last place I expected!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
calliepaige84
Gossiper

Postby GuavaMama » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:22 am

actuallydear wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Looking back on Bonnie's car vlogs maybe they just hunted and got a deal after all and didn't buy used. They mention looking all over for a "pink unicorn" in terms of a specific price and vehicle, and that the salesman said he would find it for them, so maybe I just assumed this meant used because why wouldn't the dealer just order one? If the Suburban was used then it wasn't for long because their model was released only 10 months prior. It's possible they mention it was used in the scene where Bonnie talked about how they used to have a truck before, but I can't remember which vlog that was to find it.

I have no idea where they said the truck was used either, so maybe it is new?....

I think they said the truck smelled (nice)... which implied new car smell.

In the video where they pick up the truck you can see a little tag in the glove compartment. Around the 5:45 mark. My car had something similar when we bought it new. I also think the truck was new.

GuavaMama
Amateur

Postby Boredomatitsfinest » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:23 am

I would love to find out what they paid for the Pilot. I know it isn't realistically possible to come up with the range they would've had to pay for the Pacifica, but I can't help but wonder if one of the real reasons they didn't purchase it is because they truly couldn't afford it - leaving them with no choice but to find a less expensive, used SUV in its place.

I kind of think that losing the Pacifica was not planned...like, they tried to make a deal with Chrysler that fell through. If they knew they were about to lose it, I would think they would've had another car lined up much sooner than they did. Obviously we don't know the exact timeline, but it seems like they were left with one car for quite a while, and the Pilot was a rushed last resort.

....All speculation of course, but I just can't help but wonder.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper

Postby onbreak » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:24 am

Maybe they are interviewing sweatshops for merch

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
True Gossiper

Postby Boredomatitsfinest » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:26 am

sasha186 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:China??! Didn't see that coming. Wonder what they are doing there?? They do need visas to go there, so maybe Bonnie and Joel are going with them. I'm guessing it's a tourism board-sponsored sightseeing trip. But, seriously, that's the last place I'd expect Ellie to want to visit. I hope she tries and learns new things...unlike some YTers who go abroad, see nothing, eat at McDonalds and pout the entire time.

That's surprising to me, too! From family and friends who have visited, I've heard China can be pretty hard on your stomach if you are a foreigner, so I'm sure there will be lots to complain about.

I don't know how to use the internet, so I had to just link to this relevant quote.

Cue lots of IBS references...
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:53 am

I'm guessing this is going to be a luxury sponsored trip - top hotels, westernized food from the best restaurants, visiting big shopping malls, a few day trips to "safe" touristy spots and a 24/7 personal travel guide/interpreter/driver. I doubt Ellie could be convinced to go if they weren't going to be pampered (for free) the entire time.

It's creepy that a lot of their comments think they are going to China to adopt. Do these people think you just hop on a plane to China, pick out a kid and take them home?? YIKES! First of all, Ellie doesn't want to adopt and, secondly, it take usually about a year or more, a TON or paperwork, family home visits and international "red tape" to adopt overseas.
ewokfan11
True Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:11 am

Besides, you don't need to look at the cars to tell that Bonnie's channel is doing better. She gets more views, and doesn't have to split her income with a network. Her Social Blade rank is even higher now, even though she has less subscribers.
[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171031/89b351d23a972dfc4be7c83261448863.jpg[/img]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Pency » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:12 am

I cannot wait to see this basic bitch in China.
Pency
Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:13 am

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
sasha186 wrote:

Cue lots of IBS references...
I was just thinking that. Lots of pooping in pants stories. Lovely.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:25 am

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I would love to find out what they paid for the Pilot. I know it isn't realistically possible to come up with the range they would've had to pay for the Pacifica, but I can't help but wonder if one of the real reasons they didn't purchase it is because they truly couldn't afford it - leaving them with no choice but to find a less expensive, used SUV in its place.

I kind of think that losing the Pacifica was not planned...like, they tried to make a deal with Chrysler that fell through. If they knew they were about to lose it, I would think they would've had another car lined up much sooner than they did. Obviously we don't know the exact timeline, but it seems like they were left with one car for quite a while, and the Pilot was a rushed last resort.

....All speculation of course, but I just can't help but wonder.

They seems perfectly happy with the Pacifica as long as it was free. Maybe they expected the contract to be renewed and to be able to keep it? Their channel was in a very different place when they got that sponsorship, and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't see needing to return it coming. I mean, it wasn't that long ago they had a monthly surplus of $40k.... how did they not have the money saved up? They were supposedly saving for a new vehicle back before the house!

I think this is why they are back to a lot of the sponsors they had before becoming bigger. Hello Fresh for example.... the sponsor well is running a bit dry. I totally think this China trip leans heavily on it including Bonnie and Joel. I bet it has to do with that meeting they had in SLC months back.

*and I would want to stay in fancy hotels too if I went there ((shrugs))
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:26 am

Sorry for the triple post. Evan Tube and his family went to Disneyland China. I will bet that's where they're going.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Ducklings4 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:30 am

Why do they use a network, and why doesn’t Bonnie or Ruby use one?

Ducklings4
Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:35 am

Pency wrote:I cannot wait to see this basic bitch in China.

Well, Jared will have plenty of time to edit whatever they end up posting of the trip - probably only the BEST parts and not Ellie whining - since they won't post anything until they are back in Utah. They should just take the week off again. The pre-recorded videos are usually pointless and not worth watching - and Jared said they have 8 days of them this trip!

ImmomSD, would they go to Disneyland China without the kids?? That would seem weird.
ewokfan11
True Gossiper

Postby Pency » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:48 am

I could have done without 20 minutes of hide the pumpkin today. Jackson is very cute, but they are reaching for footage now that Ellie refuses to film more than once a day.
Pency
Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:05 am

Pency wrote:I could have done without 20 minutes of hide the pumpkin today. Jackson is very cute, but they are reaching for footage now that Ellie refuses to film more than once a day.

Wait, she really refuses to film more than once a day? Or are we being sarcastic? Bc seriously if she doesn't want to be homeless in a year she better get off her ass and start filming.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby superkk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

Why on earth are they going to China?!? I feel like they’re being purposefully evasive. They could’ve edited out Jackson saying “China” instead they acted like there’s nothing they could do, the cat’s out of the bag. Then they say NOTHING else....yep, we’re going to China, anyway, here’s more boring, fake vlogging footage...

superkk
Amateur

Postby Ceirsten8676 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:20 am

Ducklings4 wrote:Why do they use a network, and why doesn’t Bonnie or Ruby use one?

Because Bonnie and Ruby are smart, E&J jumped the gun and partnered with Fullscreen when they had like 100K subscribers. Part of E&J’s earnings have to go to their network, and when they take a hit in income, they take a hit times two. Say Ruby/Bonnie’s subscribers/viewers are down and they start making less, but they still have around a comfortable amount. They get to keep ALL of their earnings and they don’t have to share it with anyone. E&J just took a hit in income times two because it dropped but then it dropped even more because they had to share earnings with their network. I don’t think their network is helping them at all because subscribers and views are down so much with no increase. Look at OKBaby. They have no network and they’re making slightly more than E&J.

Ceirsten8676
Informer

Postby Pency » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:21 am

Playsinrain wrote:
Pency wrote:I could have done without 20 minutes of hide the pumpkin today. Jackson is very cute, but they are reaching for footage now that Ellie refuses to film more than once a day.

Wait, she really refuses to film more than once a day? Or are we being sarcastic? Bc seriously if she doesn't want to be homeless in a year she better get off her ass and start filming.

She mentioned in a recent vlog that she isn't filming much anymore, just one or two things they do a day.
Pency
Gossiper

Postby Ducklings4 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:44 am

Ceirsten8676 wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote:Why do they use a network, and why doesn’t Bonnie or Ruby use one?

Because Bonnie and Ruby are smart, E&J jumped the gun and partnered with Fullscreen when they had like 100K subscribers. Part of E&J’s earnings have to go to their network, and when they take a hit in income, they take a hit times two. Say Ruby/Bonnie’s subscribers/viewers are down and they start making less, but they still have around a comfortable amount. They get to keep ALL of their earnings and they don’t have to share it with anyone. E&J just took a hit in income times two because it dropped but then it dropped even more because they had to share earnings with their network. I don’t think their network is helping them at all because subscribers and views are down so much with no increase. Look at OKBaby. They have no network and they’re making slightly more than E&J.

I wonder how long they signed with Fullscreen. Is that the network the Daily Bumps and Cullen and Katie signed with?

Ducklings4
Gossiper

Postby YouTubeIdiots101 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:09 pm

Ellie is so sheltered in her own world & little town in Utah, I cannot imagine her going to CHINA. Yikes.
YouTubeIdiots101
Informer

Postby actuallydear » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:31 pm

Ooh, this is interesting. A lot of married LDS people I follow on IG are currently in Asia (most in China) from the US. Could it be something to do with the church?
shake it up.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper

Postby jillvstheworld » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:41 pm

Ugh, they're so fake. I love how they played it up like "oops, well now that he said it, guess there's nothing we can do! what a tender, fun coincidence! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" Like no. You could've easily edited that out, and we all know it. But no., You had to leave it in for the clickbait title, didn't you Jared?

I saw a few comments where people were asking if E+J were going to China to adopt. As much as I would love for that to be true, I doubt that's what's going on, and doubt that would ever happen. I seriously can't picture E+J wanting to raise a child that's not their own, especially a non-white child.
jillvstheworld
Amateur

PreviousNext

Return to Ellie and Jared