Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Unread post by calliepaige »

onbreak wrote:Myka stauffer just adopted huxley from China.. Its not at all like she imagined it would go once he joined the family

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
What happened??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by freshbalsam »

This might be a stupid question.. but can the Pilot pull the trailer? I think it would be sooo stupid to get a vehicle if it can’t pull that. I remember when they got the trailer they were basing some of it off of how the Pacifica would be able to pull it. Makes me wonder even more that they didn’t buy it because of money problems. Not to mention that Ellie kept repeating the “ONLY” reason they didn’t keep the van was because they wanted 4WD. They drove that small Toyota for YEARS in Utah with little to no complaints about the snow. I had to laugh when E said that their end goal is an SUV and Van. Nice goal, good luck when you don’t want to vlog more than 1-2 times a day and your channel is crashing to the ground.

I do have to wonder how much Chrysler was charging for the van. It’s already a year old and had miles on it. Does anyone know what type it was? Those vans range anywhere between 28K-40ishK new. I doubt they were asking for the top end of that price. A used 2016 Pilot is easily around 25-30K depending on the type, too and 4WD tends to be more expensive.

amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I would love to find out what they paid for the Pilot. I know it isn't realistically possible to come up with the range they would've had to pay for the Pacifica, but I can't help but wonder if one of the real reasons they didn't purchase it is because they truly couldn't afford it - leaving them with no choice but to find a less expensive, used SUV in its place.

I kind of think that losing the Pacifica was not planned...like, they tried to make a deal with Chrysler that fell through. If they knew they were about to lose it, I would think they would've had another car lined up much sooner than they did. Obviously we don't know the exact timeline, but it seems like they were left with one car for quite a while, and the Pilot was a rushed last resort.

....All speculation of course, but I just can't help but wonder. Image
They seems perfectly happy with the Pacifica as long as it was free. Maybe they expected the contract to be renewed and to be able to keep it? Their channel was in a very different place when they got that sponsorship, and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't see needing to return it coming. I mean, it wasn't that long ago they had a monthly surplus of $40k.... how did they not have the money saved up? They were supposedly saving for a new vehicle back before the house!

I think this is why they are back to a lot of the sponsors they had before becoming bigger. Hello Fresh for example.... the sponsor well is running a bit dry. I totally think this China trip leans heavily on it including Bonnie and Joel. I bet it has to do with that meeting they had in SLC months back.

*and I would want to stay in fancy hotels too if I went there ((shrugs))
I'm thinking Bonnie is the one who set up the sponsorship deal and taking them(E&J), instead of the other way around.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
Pency wrote:I cannot wait to see this basic bitch in China.
Well, Jared will have plenty of time to edit whatever they end up posting of the trip - probably only the BEST parts and not Ellie whining - since they won't post anything until they are back in Utah. They should just take the week off again. The pre-recorded videos are usually pointless and not worth watching - and Jared said they have 8 days of them this trip!

ImmomSD, would they go to Disneyland China without the kids?? That would seem weird.
I thought youtube is blocked in China.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

amyfalafal wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
Pency wrote:I cannot wait to see this basic bitch in China.
Well, Jared will have plenty of time to edit whatever they end up posting of the trip - probably only the BEST parts and not Ellie whining - since they won't post anything until they are back in Utah. They should just take the week off again. The pre-recorded videos are usually pointless and not worth watching - and Jared said they have 8 days of them this trip!

ImmomSD, would they go to Disneyland China without the kids?? That would seem weird.
I thought youtube is blocked in China.
I think it depends on where you live and who you are. It's definitely not blocked in Hong Kong. I remember Fun for Louis said he could use it in Shanghai.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

amyfalafal wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I would love to find out what they paid for the Pilot. I know it isn't realistically possible to come up with the range they would've had to pay for the Pacifica, but I can't help but wonder if one of the real reasons they didn't purchase it is because they truly couldn't afford it - leaving them with no choice but to find a less expensive, used SUV in its place.

I kind of think that losing the Pacifica was not planned...like, they tried to make a deal with Chrysler that fell through. If they knew they were about to lose it, I would think they would've had another car lined up much sooner than they did. Obviously we don't know the exact timeline, but it seems like they were left with one car for quite a while, and the Pilot was a rushed last resort.

....All speculation of course, but I just can't help but wonder. Image
They seems perfectly happy with the Pacifica as long as it was free. Maybe they expected the contract to be renewed and to be able to keep it? Their channel was in a very different place when they got that sponsorship, and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't see needing to return it coming. I mean, it wasn't that long ago they had a monthly surplus of $40k.... how did they not have the money saved up? They were supposedly saving for a new vehicle back before the house!

I think this is why they are back to a lot of the sponsors they had before becoming bigger. Hello Fresh for example.... the sponsor well is running a bit dry. I totally think this China trip leans heavily on it including Bonnie and Joel. I bet it has to do with that meeting they had in SLC months back.

*and I would want to stay in fancy hotels too if I went there ((shrugs))
I'm thinking Bonnie is the one who set up the sponsorship deal and taking them(E&J), instead of the other way around.
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this were the case. Bet Bonnie feels sorry for Ellie and all she’s gone through this year... and their channel is failing.
Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

ewokfan11 wrote:I'm guessing this is going to be a luxury sponsored trip - top hotels, westernized food from the best restaurants, visiting big shopping malls, a few day trips to "safe" touristy spots and a 24/7 personal travel guide/interpreter/driver. I doubt Ellie could be convinced to go if they weren't going to be pampered (for free) the entire time.

It's creepy that a lot of their comments think they are going to China to adopt. Do these people think you just hop on a plane to China, pick out a kid and take them home?? YIKES! First of all, Ellie doesn't want to adopt and, secondly, it take usually about a year or more, a TON or paperwork, family home visits and international "red tape" to adopt overseas.
Amen ewokfan11! My youngest daughter was adopted from China in 2010. My husband & I traveled & we left our oldest daughter who was 5 at the time home with grandparents.
I am very interested to see Ellie's reactions during the trip. I don't see her truly enjoying it from her "personal bubble world" brain.
We are planning to take our daughters to China in 6-ish years for a heritage trip. The heritage trip is all about bringing your daughter back to her birth country to experience where her life started.
Pop me some popcorn ladies, this is going to be entertaining!ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ReginaPhalange
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ReginaPhalange »

freshbalsam wrote:This might be a stupid question.. but can the Pilot pull the trailer? I think it would be sooo stupid to get a vehicle if it can’t pull that. I remember when they got the trailer they were basing some of it off of how the Pacifica would be able to pull it.
It wouldn't surprise me if they sold the trailer soon. Money's tight, they never use it and winter is coming.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1024 mit Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I don't think money is so tight that they need to start selling things off. I think what they really need to do is adjust their expectations.

If they do start selling things I think the house should be first. It isn't too late to sell and move into a more reasonably priced home that is easier to afford the monthly mortgage on. That way Ellie would have more available for her monthly expenses. Ruby and Bonnie not only make more money, but also have homes that were probably paid off within a year of starting YT.
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

polly9033 wrote:When Ellie was bragging about the more expensive SUV, she and Jared were probably banking on a new baby to bring in the extra $$$. Then the miscarriage happened. Pregnancy would be equivalent to more views and $$ on YouTube. That’s how they got the previous bankroll. The procedure she had after this miscarriage typically prevents another pregnancy for at least six months or longer. So I think they’ve come to the conclusion that now with no pregnancy or baby on the way, they better buckle down on their budget and spending. Reality hit them finally. I don’t think this is going to make for a happy Ellie. She appears a very shallow and materialistic person and her role models, the Kardashian’s aka KarTRASHians! I think they counted on the pregnancy to sustain their high fluting tooting spending. Well, welcome to real life Ellie & Jared. Instead of Nordstrom’s, maybe Ellie will be shopping Kohl’s now, and they’ll both learn that money doesn’t grow on trees.
Anyone have a weird feeling that Ellie and Jared might be going to China to adopt a baby girl? I've always heard lots of girls are adopted from China because in China they want boys because they are considered higher status or something. Made me wonder about her saying the other day she had blood drawn but not saying what for? I'd assume when you adopt you have to have physicals and stuff first? China just seems really far away and pretty random for a business trip. If it's for business I wonder what company they're working with and if it's just for fun I wonder how they chose China. (Nothing against China, I just have never heard them say they wanted to go to China or showing interest in China). HOWEVER - I could be totally wrong (and probably am -- I know this is super "out there" but I did see someone comment on their video today "I hope China means you're adopting")...but isn't adoption (especially internationally) a super long process? But she's so desperate for a baby - and so adamant that she's going to get a girl someday (and gets pissy when they ask Jackson what he wants on camera and he says a brother or another Calvin).
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

sasha186 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:China??! Didn't see that coming. Wonder what they are doing there?? They do need visas to go there, so maybe Bonnie and Joel are going with them. I'm guessing it's a tourism board-sponsored sightseeing trip. But, seriously, that's the last place I'd expect Ellie to want to visit. I hope she tries and learns new things...unlike some YTers who go abroad, see nothing, eat at McDonalds and pout the entire time.
That's surprising to me, too! From family and friends who have visited, I've heard China can be pretty hard on your stomach if you are a foreigner, so I'm sure there will be lots to complain about.

I don't know how to use the internet, so I had to just link to this relevant quote.
Well...they do like talking about poop...haha
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

Mk1 wrote:
polly9033 wrote:When Ellie was bragging about the more expensive SUV, she and Jared were probably banking on a new baby to bring in the extra $$$. Then the miscarriage happened. Pregnancy would be equivalent to more views and $$ on YouTube. That’s how they got the previous bankroll. The procedure she had after this miscarriage typically prevents another pregnancy for at least six months or longer. So I think they’ve come to the conclusion that now with no pregnancy or baby on the way, they better buckle down on their budget and spending. Reality hit them finally. I don’t think this is going to make for a happy Ellie. She appears a very shallow and materialistic person and her role models, the Kardashian’s aka KarTRASHians! I think they counted on the pregnancy to sustain their high fluting tooting spending. Well, welcome to real life Ellie & Jared. Instead of Nordstrom’s, maybe Ellie will be shopping Kohl’s now, and they’ll both learn that money doesn’t grow on trees.
Anyone have a weird feeling that Ellie and Jared might be going to China to adopt a baby girl? I've always heard lots of girls are adopted from China because in China they want boys because they are considered higher status or something. Made me wonder about her saying the other day she had blood drawn but not saying what for? I'd assume when you adopt you have to have physicals and stuff first? China just seems really far away and pretty random for a business trip. If it's for business I wonder what company they're working with and if it's just for fun I wonder how they chose China. (Nothing against China, I just have never heard them say they wanted to go to China or showing interest in China). HOWEVER - I could be totally wrong (and probably am -- I know this is super "out there" but I did see someone comment on their video today "I hope China means you're adopting")...but isn't adoption (especially internationally) a super long process? But she's so desperate for a baby - and so adamant that she's going to get a girl someday (and gets pissy when they ask Jackson what he wants on camera and he says a brother or another Calvin).
And especially after even writing my previous comment, as outlandish as I even warned the thought was, I truly don't think that's why they're going. To those who said its probably something Bonnie set up and are taking Ellie and Jared along for. And, like I said, I know you can't just adopt a baby at the drop of a hat. And I know she has poo-pooed on people before for suggesting they adopt or even adopt/rescue a DOG. ANYWAY - just weird to me now after the "miscarriage" that they said they canceled a bunch of trips because of everything but decided to go on the cruise still. But then they decide to go all the way to China now? And is it me or does 8 days in China not seem very long for that big of a trip?? I don't know - it's weird to me. Everything about it is weird. Especially that they aren't saying anything about why they're going. And we also don't have any confirmation that Bonnie and Joel are going too...though I assume they are since Bonnie and Joel have shown footage of getting passport pictures and turning in visa paperwork several times in the last few months...
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

HelloSweetie wrote:I don't think money is so tight that they need to start selling things off. I think what they really need to do is adjust their expectations.

If they do start selling things I think the house should be first. It isn't too late to sell and move into a more reasonably priced home that is easier to afford the monthly mortgage on. That way Ellie would have more available for her monthly expenses. Ruby and Bonnie not only make more money, but also have homes that were probably paid off within a year of starting YT.
Yeah I don’t think they’re broke by any means they’ve just had a big hit to their income. They’re still estimated to get around 200k a year according to social blade, that’s a lot of money for anyone to earn in a year. But it’s quite the hit from their 50k a month budget. They haven’t been very smart with their money. Within a year they built their huge house, landscaped their rock quarry, bought the trailer and had to keep up with Ellie’s lush obsession.
There’s been a lot of talk about the demonetisation on YouTube and how much harder it is to earn money on YouTube now. Add the decline in views and it can’t be good for the old bank balance for E&J

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I don't think Ellie would adopt an Asian baby... or any non-blonde non Griffith blood baby EVER. If anyone was adopting, and I don't think they are, it would more likely be Bonnie and Joel.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

calliepaige84 wrote:
onbreak wrote:Myka stauffer just adopted huxley from China.. Its not at all like she imagined it would go once he joined the family

What happened??

He bonded straight away woth Jim. Myka just states at him. They are back home in the U.S. now and she uploaded a video about how difficult the whole process is in reality

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Mk1 wrote:
NOPE! International adoptions take about a year or MORE! You don't just fly over and pick up a kid. Seriously?!?!! I have three adopted cousins (China, Russia and Vietnam) and a niece and nephew adopted from Poland (which was just this year) - all of those were at least a year to process and A LOT OF WORK.

Also, Ellie doesn't seem to want to adopt.
yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

freshbalsam wrote:This might be a stupid question.. but can the Pilot pull the trailer? I think it would be sooo stupid to get a vehicle if it can’t pull that. I remember when they got the trailer they were basing some of it off of how the Pacifica would be able to pull it. Makes me wonder even more that they didn’t buy it because of money problems. Not to mention that Ellie kept repeating the “ONLY” reason they didn’t keep the van was because they wanted 4WD. They drove that small Toyota for YEARS in Utah with little to no complaints about the snow. I had to laugh when E said that their end goal is an SUV and Van. Nice goal, good luck when you don’t want to vlog more than 1-2 times a day and your channel is crashing to the ground.

I do have to wonder how much Chrysler was charging for the van. It’s already a year old and had miles on it. Does anyone know what type it was? Those vans range anywhere between 28K-40ishK new. I doubt they were asking for the top end of that price. A used 2016 Pilot is easily around 25-30K depending on the type, too and 4WD tends to be more expensive.

I was looking up prices for used Pacifica minivans. They have the fully loaded model (I think it’s the limited.)
Used Pacifica Limited minivans are costing anywhere from 31,000 to 37,000 depending on the mileage.
I found a website with the limited minivans going for 50,000 dollars new.
yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

Mk1 wrote:
No way. Ellie needs to have her own biological precious tender baby girl that looks like her.
They’ve never talked about adopting that I recall (and if they did, it was never about adopting from China. Plus, it’s expensive.
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

yoyo16 wrote:
Mk1 wrote:
No way. Ellie needs to have her own biological precious tender baby girl that looks like her.
They’ve never talked about adopting that I recall (and if they did, it was never about adopting from China. Plus, it’s expensive.
Yes, that's what I figure (that it's actually NOT what they're doing). I do know that the main thing is that it's a crazy lengthy process. And you're right - she's never want a child that's not her clone. I don't know why but when they said China in the video I was so shocked that's where they're going that's the first thing that popped in my head. Haha. Ridiculous, I know!
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

There's no way Ellie would want to adopt. I dont think that's a selfish thing, not everyone is up for it. Maybe Ellie's reasons may be different from others, but adoption isnt for everyone. From what I understand there can be several years of waiting, loads of paperwork. Why would they keep trying for a biological child if they knew they were going to China to bring a new child home? Doesn't make sense.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”