Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Pency wrote:Jackson was so freaking cute as Mario!

Did anybody notice that Julie wore one of Bonnie's old prom dresses and in the 8 Passengers vlog was talking about how she had to squeeze into it "after having three kids" (we know you're knocked up, Jules), and Ellie was struggling to keep hers up because it was so big? Bonnie is taller/bigger than Ellie, even in high school she was just a bigger frame, but that speaks VOLUMES with how tiny Ellie has become. Julie is small, even though she's OBVIOUSLY pregnant right now, but Ellie was SWIMMING in that dress.
Not trying to defend Ellie, but to be fair, Julie tried on that same pink dress in her "trying on prom dresses" vlog and it was a little big on her too. The dress was a little bigger on Ellie, of course, but for the most part, the chest area was the biggest/loosest area on both of them. Not disputing your point at all, but just felt the need to point that out. Haha
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

actuallydear wrote:Ellie didn’t have anything on under her bra, Jared managed to get a very clear shot down Ellie’s dress and you could see absolutely everything... :/

Definitely no garments!
I came to say the same thing! It was one of those "omg I don't want to look but I can't look away" moments. I thought she was for sure going to have a nip slip. Image
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

nutbagmcgee wrote:I may be crazy but did Jackson flinch away from Ellie when she was putting his shirt on after he accidently hit her?

Watch 1:00 to 1:06 It was kind of weird to me. Maybe I am nuts. He was also super quick to apologize.
I also came to comment on this as well! I actually rewatched that scene a couple of times. The first time I replayed it was because I thought Jackson was being adorable (as usual) but then I did notice that when she kind of flips whatever she's holding and leans forward, he totally flinched and moved away. I wanted to ignore it and just chalk the quick apology up to him being hyper aware/considerate for his age, but...it gave me a weird feeling too. :/ I hope we're both crazy. Lol
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Okay, I am so sorry for all of my multiple posts (I didn't realize I was going to have so much to respond to and now realize I should've just done a multi-quote, lol whoops) but I just have one last thing to say!

In Bonnie's vlog today, Ellie pulls up in the new car and Bonnie comments on how she thought the car had an automatic park feature because Ellie parked so well........ You guys. She pulled up to a curb. A curb that required no parallel parking of any kind. She wasn't even completely straight. And Bonnie was impressed. L o l

It's been joked about here before, that Ellie is likely a horrible driver. If that's not some hilarious proof then I don't know what is. Image
GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:I may be crazy but did Jackson flinch away from Ellie when she was putting his shirt on after he accidently hit her?

Watch 1:00 to 1:06 It was kind of weird to me. Maybe I am nuts. He was also super quick to apologize.
I also came to comment on this as well! I actually rewatched that scene a couple of times. The first time I replayed it was because I thought Jackson was being adorable (as usual) but then I did notice that when she kind of flips whatever she's holding and leans forward, he totally flinched and moved away. I wanted to ignore it and just chalk the quick apology up to him being hyper aware/considerate for his age, but...it gave me a weird feeling too. :/ I hope we're both crazy. Lol
I think he didn’t want to put his shirt on. He looks at her holding the shirt open for him and he shrugs his shoulders up. She tries again at 1:17 and he shrugs his shoulders again. His focus was on his gloves and he didn’t want to put his shirt on. It’s just Jackson being a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I don't doubt that she spanks her kids but I don't think Jackson is Flinching or scared of her. Jackson seems to be a kid that doesn't need too much discipline to behave. So I would bet he's only been spanked a handful of times.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

GuavaMama wrote:
I think he didn’t want to put his shirt on. He looks at her holding the shirt open for him and he shrugs his shoulders up. She tries again at 1:17 and he shrugs his shoulders again. His focus was on his gloves and he didn’t want to put his shirt on. It’s just Jackson being a kid.

Kaylor1 wrote:I don't doubt that she spanks her kids but I don't think Jackson is Flinching or scared of her. Jackson seems to be a kid that doesn't need too much discipline to behave. So I would bet he's only been spanked a handful of times.

I agree. I definitely think she spanks and, if he did flinch, I don't think the reason goes anything beyond that. I could even see him flinching in anticipation of her grabbing his hand to take him to time out. In other words, I do think he flinched, but I don't think it's that serious.

However, I do think he is kind of scared of her. Maybe not in a completely unhealthy way (yet), but I definitely think he has learned to walk on eggshells just like Jared. He definitely appeared apprehensive either way, whether it was over not wanting his shirt on or not.
mmoommoo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mmoommoo »

Wait, I don’t understand the garment thing.. You have to wear them all the time as a mormon? I thought it was just before marriage? I am very ignorant about the mormon faith obviously lol

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

mmoommoo wrote:Wait, I don’t understand the garment thing.. You have to wear them all the time as a mormon? I thought it was just before marriage? I am very ignorant about the mormon faith obviously lol

You don't wear them until you've taken your endowments out of the temple. Typically for men about a month before their mission and women about a month before they get married (sealed in the temple). That can vary though, if a woman wants to go on a mission, or a man doesn't but gets married. Or even if you just decide its time.
Once you've been through the temple you are instructed to wear them all the time. Some bishops say during exercise you don't have to, and obviously during swimming you wouldn't wear them either, but that decision is really between you and God when you wear them.
mmoommoo
Gossiper
Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
mmoommoo wrote:Wait, I don’t understand the garment thing.. You have to wear them all the time as a mormon? I thought it was just before marriage? I am very ignorant about the mormon faith obviously lol

You don't wear them until you've taken your endowments out of the temple. Typically for men about a month before their mission and women about a month before they get married (sealed in the temple). That can vary though, if a woman wants to go on a mission, or a man doesn't but gets married. Or even if you just decide its time.
Once you've been through the temple you are instructed to wear them all the time. Some bishops say during exercise you don't have to, and obviously during swimming you wouldn't wear them either, but that decision is really between you and God when you wear them.
I see.. Thank you so much for clearing that up for me (:

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

You go through Temple just before marriage, or just before a mission - which ever comes first. You then wear your garments all the time, except for showering, sex and working out. You are supposed to put them back on as soon as you're done with those activities though, not only for modesty (so no walking around in swim wear for hours *cough cough*), but because it is said the garments are a means of protection (this is why they go on under a bra, etc), and also as a constant reminder for you to remember to do the right thing and live by the ways you have promised, in order to keep your Temple recommend (something that you have to qualify to retain in order to enter Temple).

Edit: I see Fakingit has explained this, and she is LDS - so take her words over mine. :)
mmoommoo
Gossiper
Gossiper

actuallydear wrote:

You go through Temple just before marriage, or just before a mission - which ever comes first. You then wear your garments all the time, except for showering, sex and working out. You are supposed to put them back on as soon as you're done with those activities though, not only for modesty (so no walking around in swim wear for hours *cough cough*), but because it is said the garments are a means of protection (this is why they go on under a bra, etc), and also as a constant reminder for you to remember to do the right thing and live by the ways you have promised, in order to keep your Temple recommend (something that you have to qualify to retain in order to enter Temple).

Edit: I see Fakingit has explained this, and she is LDS - so take her words over mine. :)
Wow, very interesting stuff! Thank you for taking the time i explain :)

Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
Pency wrote:Jackson was so freaking cute as Mario!

Did anybody notice that Julie wore one of Bonnie's old prom dresses and in the 8 Passengers vlog was talking about how she had to squeeze into it "after having three kids" (we know you're knocked up, Jules), and Ellie was struggling to keep hers up because it was so big? Bonnie is taller/bigger than Ellie, even in high school she was just a bigger frame, but that speaks VOLUMES with how tiny Ellie has become. Julie is small, even though she's OBVIOUSLY pregnant right now, but Ellie was SWIMMING in that dress.
Not trying to defend Ellie, but to be fair, Julie tried on that same pink dress in her "trying on prom dresses" vlog and it was a little big on her too. The dress was a little bigger on Ellie, of course, but for the most part, the chest area was the biggest/loosest area on both of them. Not disputing your point at all, but just felt the need to point that out. Haha

Ah! I didn't see that, I went and watched, and you're right, it's a little big on Julie, too. Point retracted!
KayCeeee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KayCeeee »

Hi guys! Long time lurker here. Been watching E&J (and…yes…the whole Griffiths clan) for years now and was finally compelled to make an account because of their very unexpected trip to China. I lived in China for 4.5 years after I graduated college and only moved back to the states a few years ago. I lived in Beijing and traveled all over the country. I’ve studied and speak Mandarin, worked at both a local Chinese school and an International School. I even met my fiancé there (he was a fellow expat from the US). So, China is a very near and dear place to me. I’m quite protective of it because it’s extremely difficult to live in let alone travel and I’ve worked extremely hard to make a life for myself there. I’m VERY curious as to why, of ALL places, this group of people would choose Shanghai and what I assume will be Beijing. This place, while absolutely magical and wonderful to me, is extremely gritty, not glamorous, and very fast-paced and intense at times. The locals are always very intrigued with foreign faces so expect a lot of silliness with E&J and B&J and taking cheesy pictures with them. Also, there is so much censoring and blocking in China, that they don’t have any social media or YouTube (they have their own called Yokou) so it will be virtually impossible for them to vlog or use their IG accounts on this trip. The only way that they can pull that off is to buy Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) which are expensive and difficult to use. Maybe Jared has done all this research? Anyway, my point is, I’m both very peeved that they’re going to be bringing their shallow Youtube culture to a city that is so uniquely beautiful and probably spend a lot of time complaining about how stinky it is. Then again, good on them for getting out of their tiny bubbles and actually experiencing life in a completely different culture. As you can see, my emotions are very conflicted! *Sorry for the novel!*

And yes, as someone mentioned earlier, they will inevitably have bathroom issues and give us plenty of details about it. If you’re there for more than a few days, it’s almost impossible to avoid if you’re embracing local cuisine. VERY interested in watching these vlogs…
Last edited by KayCeeee on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The first questions on what the kids would learn, jared says that its ok to help others (which would also mean its ok to ask for help) and ellie says to be self reliant, take care of yourself and your family...kind of the opposite. Haha..
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I'm horrified that they talked about bathing together. I cannot wipe the horrified expression off of my face. Keep some things to yourselves you freaking weirdos. I realize they made it sound innocent, but it's not something anybody needs to know!
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Lame Q and A. Preaching about how going to a marriage counselor is a good thing when Ellie never went and Jared was 14 when he did seek mental health.....

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kaylor1 wrote:Lame Q and A. Preaching about how going to a marriage counselor is a good thing when Ellie never went and Jared was 14 when he did seek mental health.....

I don't know. I feel like they probably had "marriage counselling" before they got married ala the Duggar's style...I could TOTALLY see Ellie's parents sitting them down to counsel them and Ellie believing its the same as going to a certified marriage counsellor.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I could tell by Jared’s voice that he regretted mentioning the bath as soon as it came out of his mouth lol he knew it sounded weird.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

marshmallowfluf wrote:I could tell by Jared’s voice that he regretted mentioning the bath as soon as it came out of his mouth lol he knew it sounded weird.
Yeah but he still kept it in the video. Lol

Return to “Ellie and Jared”