Julie Deru: Part One

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Julie Deru: Part One

Unread post by thenightowl »

I love the rugs in their house and I overall like this place better than the old one.. I still think it's weird that they all seem to follow Jennifers rules (I guess they aren't rules but you know what I mean) when it comes to the home (no toys or tv in the living room).
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

thenightowl wrote:I love the rugs in their house and I overall like this place better than the old one.. I still think it's weird that they all seem to follow Jennifers rules (I guess they aren't rules but you know what I mean) when it comes to the home (no toys or tv in the living room).
I think the tv in the living room thing is partly church related haha. I'm LDS and we don't have a tv in our upstairs living room either, nobody I know does. It's just not a thing here. No real reason that I know of, just how it's always been.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

It’s so bizarre to me about the TV thing. Ellie just ends up in her bed watching tv when she could just watch two steps out her room in the living room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I wonder how much they are actually downstairs watching tv on their 10,000 couch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
thenightowl wrote:I love the rugs in their house and I overall like this place better than the old one.. I still think it's weird that they all seem to follow Jennifers rules (I guess they aren't rules but you know what I mean) when it comes to the home (no toys or tv in the living room).
I think the tv in the living room thing is partly church related haha. I'm LDS and we don't have a tv in our upstairs living room either, nobody I know does. It's just not a thing here. No real reason that I know of, just how it's always been.
I'm not LDS, but we've never had a TV in the living room. It's more formal - like a sitting room for when family/friends visit. The main TV has always been in the family room.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Yeah could be, J House and Samika are 2 LDS families that I watch that have TV's in their living rooms so that is why I assumed it was a Griffiths things.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Im not opposed to no tv in a formal living room. In a world of people unable to have a breather without their phones or tv, it's refreshing. BUT I see Ellie doesnt see it that way and following her mother's traditions. We have downsized temporarily, and dont have a formal living room. Our dining and living room are in one tiny room and our personal choice is not to have a tv in our bedroom. At our new place we wont have a tv in the formal living room but we'd utilise it well as tv time is very limited two two days a week.
strawberry_smoothie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by strawberry_smoothie »

Don't shred me for saying this, but I was watching Julie's vlog and my husband says (about Emma) "That kid looks like Geddy Lee" (from the rockband, Rush). Now I can't see her any other way! hahaha.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wonder if they are using a Mormon book publisher for the cookbook? Or maybe financing it themselves? It doesn't look super professional behind the scenes.

Also, it really doesn't seem like they have many recipes - and none of them seem very original. There was a Q&A way back when Julie's mom said she only knows how to make THREE things. And I've never noticed any of the sisters really do much cooking at all. This is going to be short cookbook! LOL
strawberry_smoothie
Talker
Talker

I think Julie is for sure pregnant. She always had such a flat tummy and now has quite a noticeable bump. She kind of tries to hide it in her own vlogs, but it's definitely noticeable in her siblings'.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

strawberry_smoothie wrote:I think Julie is for sure pregnant. She always had such a flat tummy and now has quite a noticeable bump. She kind of tries to hide it in her own vlogs, but it's definitely noticeable in her siblings'.
Her face is also rounded out more, Bonnie's is rounded out already but Ellies gets rounded out when she is pregnant. Julie's reminds me of Ellies face and body shape during pregnancy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
mandylouwho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mandylouwho »

strawberry_smoothie wrote:I think Julie is for sure pregnant. She always had such a flat tummy and now has quite a noticeable bump. She kind of tries to hide it in her own vlogs, but it's definitely noticeable in her siblings'.
Yeah. She kept her coat on for her vlog but had it off in Ellie's. It's very noticable. She almost went to touch her belly in E&J's but stopped herself.
GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

I wonder when she will announce that she is expecting. I think she is about 4 months along. She could do weekly updates and it should bring in more view and some sponsors too.
strawberry_smoothie
Talker
Talker

Cooper steals something in every vlog...
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

No kidding there is a definite problem there and he IS old enough to learn better. Is it possible to have true kleptomania at that young an age? His desire to pocket things all the time despite how many times he is called out and told he cannot do it is getting kind of astonishing. The way Julie laughed it off when it was stealing from family was not the way to go and she even laughed when she said she shouldn't be when he stole from the store. I am glad they made him take it back and apologize but I don't think it's going to stop him.
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

GuavaMama wrote:I wonder when she will announce that she is expecting. I think she is about 4 months along. She could do weekly updates and it should bring in more view and some sponsors too.

I know I think she is then I see a vlog of someone's or her own and it doesn't look like it again. We will know pretty soon if she is.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

KaterTot wrote:
GuavaMama wrote:I wonder when she will announce that she is expecting. I think she is about 4 months along. She could do weekly updates and it should bring in more view and some sponsors too.

I know I think she is then I see a vlog of someone's or her own and it doesn't look like it again. We will know pretty soon if she is.
Yeah and just like that Julie doesnt look pregnant! Whats going on! lol (Ruby's halloween special video)
Batigirl85
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Batigirl85 »

Pause at 6:54 of the last video, she is pregnant
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

amyfalafal wrote:
KaterTot wrote:

Yeah and just like that Julie doesnt look pregnant! Whats going on! lol (Ruby's halloween special video)
It looked like she was wearing Spanx or shapewear under the dress in Ruby's vlog. She's totally preggers. (And, yes, it's safe to wear Spanx while pregnant.) Maybe she'll announce when Ellie is out of the country??
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Shes waiting to feel safe to say whatever she wants/safe to say whenever she wants once Ellie is out of the country.. That sounds totally normal! (Sarcasm!)

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”