DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

ewitsme
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

Unread post by ewitsme »

bryan shouldve stuck with his old style of music and videos, where they actually had meaning and dare say small award wining material. now that they demograph to children he has no chance with being taken serious. most of todays biggest artists started off with child demography and then went to the adult business, not the other way around
:toss:
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Wow...I have major secondhand embarrassment for them after watching that music video. It was pretty awful. I saw far too much of Missy’s contrived “acting” and Bryan’s OTT tonsil face.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 2caf14.jpg[/img]

It started out with Ollie and Finn recreating the “viral” crib freeing thing. Pretty much seals the deal that is was staged Image Ollie was way too good at it to be something that just happened one morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
francis3125
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by francis3125 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... c224be.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 8b0cb6.jpg[/img]

The video was awful.. Bryan seriously think he’s the shit by having close up like that ..

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I think Finn got more hugs filming that than he's gotten his whole life. "Look at our loving, fun family! We make rainbow pancakes and dance around the kitchen!" I call bullshit. They eat out almost every meal. And we know Ollie won't eat those anyway. He only eats frozen mini pancakes. I wonder how many pancakes ended up on the floor. More food waste.
Look, we're dancing on the counters! Great idea. If one of the kids fall, it'll make great vlog footage!
Ollie looked actually scary fighting the "monsters". He looks like he really wants to hurt someone. And yes, it's a really good idea to give your two year old a baseball bat and encourage him to hit someone with it. We stopped the video at that point. And had it muted too.
Was it the puke bowl Bryan was using as a percussion instrument?
Of course there's an unskippable ad.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ButterflyB »

I actually thought the video was cute *run and hides*

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

lmmomSD wrote:I think Finn got more hugs filming that than he's gotten his whole life. "Look at our loving, fun family! We make rainbow pancakes and dance around the kitchen!" I call bullshit. They eat out almost every meal. And we know Ollie won't eat those anyway. He only eats frozen mini pancakes. I wonder how many pancakes ended up on the floor. More food waste.
Look, we're dancing on the counters! Great idea. If one of the kids fall, it'll make great vlog footage!
Ollie looked actually scary fighting the "monsters". He looks like he really wants to hurt someone. And yes, it's a really good idea to give your two year old a baseball bat and encourage him to hit someone with it. We stopped the video at that point. And had it muted too.

My almost 4 year old makes that exact face when he holds his toy weapons or wears a scary mask... I really don't think Ollie is as evil or mean as everyone thinks.

That said the video was very childish but cute I guess.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Fin looks cute with his hair cut. Weird how we get a eat about carseat dafety and then Shes vlogging in the parking lot leaving her mom to deal with the boys. #dailycantbebothered
It is the one thing I stress to my kids... no goofing off in parking lots. Walk your ass to the car, get in, buckle up, and then you can fight and act like assholes.
I hate her monologues.. Her mouth looks so painful to move.
Bryan excited about a phone.. And Corbin excited for that Friday paycheck

The music video was as cringey as I anticipated. The barf and leaky roof bowl is part of their tribe. The song and video made no sense to me. Should have been filmed using black light in the garage maze.
No pool footage.. No write off bitches!

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
NaNaBrianna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by NaNaBrianna »

They had the perfect opportunity to make this is heartfelt video about being a family and spending time with each other, but instead it’s very childish.

My 2 year olds enjoyed it though!

ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ButterflyB »

“...and Corbin excited for that Friday paycheck” that was great onbreak!

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

lmmomSD wrote:Was it the puke bowl Bryan was using as a percussion instrument?
I’m glad I’m not the only one who caught this. I just can’t not think about that when I see it. At least they are getting some good use out of it? Lol

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

francis3125 wrote:ImageImage

The video was awful.. Bryan seriously think he’s the shit by having close up like that ..

Omg, the facials throughout the whole video were just hilarious. I couldn’t stop screenshotting! Lol. Bryan tries so hard to make sexy Bieber faces, and he just ends up looking constipated. And Missy looked so lispy every time she sang “cuth thith ith...”

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Did that douche bag seriously miss his sons first haircut so he could be there when his phone was delivered?
He’s such a twat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

That music video is NOT what I expected. Somehow it was worse though? So cringy. Missy looks terrible. The whole thing is just weird.
I wonder if they had a more tribe specific video in mide but changed it last minute because of the backlash they already got?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

NaNaBrianna wrote:They had the perfect opportunity to make this is heartfelt video about being a family and spending time with each other, but instead it’s very childish.

My 2 year olds enjoyed it though! ImageImage

And that is what the whole point is these days. Get those little ones who will watch the vlogs over and over.
My God, how the money rolls in.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I think Finn got more hugs filming that than he's gotten his whole life. "Look at our loving, fun family! We make rainbow pancakes and dance around the kitchen!" I call bullshit. They eat out almost every meal. And we know Ollie won't eat those anyway. He only eats frozen mini pancakes. I wonder how many pancakes ended up on the floor. More food waste.

My almost 4 year old makes that exact face when he holds his toy weapons or wears a scary mask... I really don't think Ollie is as evil or mean as everyone thinks.

That said the video was very childish but cute I guess.

I get that. My son made faces and play fought. But he never tried to cut off a stranger's head or pretended to shoot _me_. And I know they told him to make a "battle face". It's just that his battle face is particularly creepy to me (and maybe I am just being judgy-- I'll admit that), especially considering that he's so apathetic about so many other things.
And I still say that giving Finn a baseball bat and encouraging him to hit someone, even someone dressed as a pirate (was it Papa?) wasn't ok.

coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

In my opinion, the parts where they were in the house were kind of cute. I thought the vlog with Ollie 'getting Finn out of his crib' was just as stupid as the next guy here, but I like that they reenacted it.

Sorry if I lost anyone's trust that I never had here.
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Also, I would have used the end clip of the vlog intro for the thumbnail on this video, but whatever gets the kids to watch...
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Theirmom wrote:Did that douche bag seriously miss his sons first haircut so he could be there when his phone was delivered?
He’s such a twat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing! I guess he can see the next one, but that was still his FIRST haircut!
wendigo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by wendigo »

I have never experienced as much secondhand embarrassment at once as I did watching the music video. The only good part IMO is at the end when Ollie and Finn are banging on the bowls they both look like they’re actually enjoying themselves- even Ollie’s smile seems genuine. It makes me sad M+B insist on only letting them have fun for the camera :(

Jenneh
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Jenneh »

I thought the music video was kind of cute, I see how little kids would enjoy it, but for a music video, it was pretty awful.

Return to “Daily Bumps”