8 Remodeled Passengers | Part 6

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Remodeled Passengers | Part 6

Unread post by Caisflame »

Ruby looks really pretty in the "everything went wrong" thumbnail. Her hair looks much longer than it actually is. I think she'd look great and younger if she let her hair grow out.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by sasperillo »

KaterTot wrote:
seriously7 wrote:Ruby said in today's video that the bean pot fire caused her home to become full of soot? Is that true, I know it had the burnt smell, but isn't soot a black film like substance? Was it really that bad or was she exaggerating and taking advantage?

I can't believe she said she was grateful that the smoke out happened because she got a free kitchen! Crazy! She could have lost her house and killed her pets.
Honestly I never understood that whole ordeal. Millions of people have burnt beans and worse in their homes and they didn't get whole new kitchen makeovers (that looked just like their old kitchen)>
That was totally a ploy to get a new kitchen. Ridiculous. I guess by now I need them to remodel my whole house with all the burnt things over the year. LOL
A lot of people were saying what you’re saying when it first happened. She didn’t just burn beans, she left them there for hours and her pot melted. It is 100% possible to cause harmful smoke that just doesn’t get out of things if you do that. Just because you don’t see spot and fire it doesn’t mean that the damage isn’t there. It’s one of those things that most people will never experience which is why people keep equating it to “just burning beans”. There are entire companies that deal with smoke remediation, if this didn’t happen to people the companies wouldn’t exist. I’m all for gossiping but people who say she did it on purpose are crazy and out of touch with reality. We’ve seen her be ditzy and forgetful over and over and over. We’ve even seen her forget food on the stove before. She could’ve burned down the house attempting this and destroyed all her family heirlooms and killed her pets- nobody does that for a new kitchen, especially not someone who has enough money to buy a new kitchen outright. She also didn’t need an excuse to fix up the house. They’d announced they were buying and clearly had the money for a new house (and a renovation). Had it not happened she would’ve probably still done some renovations, just not as many. Add to that the fact that they were a family of 8 in the cold weather during the school year and they were displaced from their house for weeks. Ultimately it fell on Ruby to shuttle everyone around and figure out how to feed them (fast food almost every meal) for that time. Nobody in their right mind would do that on purpose. People burn things for insurance money but only when they have more to gain than to lose and this is obviously not the case with Ruby.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I definitely don't think she did it on purpose. I think she has more integrity than that. I wonder, however, if she exaggerated the effects of the melted pot. It's hard for me to understand getting a whole new kitchen because of burnt beans, although admittedly I am not an expert in this area!
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

f4k_oyevey wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
ujvs_ wrote:What is it with mormons and this 'happiness is a choice' bullshit??
#staypuffy
It's definitely a church teaching. It's also a "choice" to be straight even if you are gay according to their church. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Aside from that, did anyone else think it was odd they were discussing Kevin's job review on camera?? I'm sure his review will be fine, but telling the audience he could get fired - or even discussing that in front of their small children - seemed strange! I'm sure Ruby just wants extra "drama," but seriously...she should leave some stuff private and off-camera.

I hope Kevin doesn't decide to quit his job. Ruby is making a TON right now, but it won't last forever and he seems to really love what he does for a living (being away from CRAZY Ruby so much must be a big PERK). It does make me crazy that an educated BYU professor makes a lot less than his ditzy, vapid wife who makes home videos for a living.
I thought it was weird as well and kind of inappropriate. The University seems well aware that his family vlogs. He mentioned in passing that the BYU Magazine wanted to interview them about it. A question I have always wondered is how BYU feels about their professors family channel being out there for millions to see as they are representing members of both the church and the university community. My biggest example that comes to mind was the controversial book burning party. How could a University professor condone that? Saying it was his crazy wife's idea I don't think cuts it. BYU is known to be very strict about upholding various levels of conduct, values and behavior and I wonder if some of Ruby's crazy antics could be jeopardizing Kevin's future success. There are other examples that come to mind including their children's abhorrent public behavior. Or maybe I'm being over nitpicky, I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the majority of the university's employees are mormons which I believe they are, as mormons exclusively compared to other christian's, almost only hang with eachother. I don't think having their fellow mormons promoting and making money for the church as a problem at any cost. Remember how obnoxious the Shaytards were and it never seemed to bother the church. When it comes to money people turn the blind eye, even so called religious devoted ones...
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Namm wrote: If the majority of the university's employees are mormons which I believe they are, as mormons exclusively compared to other christian's, almost only hang with eachother. I don't think having their fellow mormons promoting and making money for the church as a problem at any cost. Remember how obnoxious the Shaytards were and it never seemed to bother the church. When it comes to money people turn the blind eye, even so called religious devoted ones...
I'm sure the church is fine with all these Mormon YT stars...it means more money for the church!! Mormons have to give 10 percent of all their earnings to the church as tithing to keep their temple recommend. The more these families make, the more CASH the church gets. I've heard the Mormon church makes like $8-10 BILLION a year just from tithing.
Nornie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Nornie »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Namm wrote: If the majority of the university's employees are mormons which I believe they are, as mormons exclusively compared to other christian's, almost only hang with eachother. I don't think having their fellow mormons promoting and making money for the church as a problem at any cost. Remember how obnoxious the Shaytards were and it never seemed to bother the church. When it comes to money people turn the blind eye, even so called religious devoted ones...
I'm sure the church is fine with all these Mormon YT stars...it means more money for the church!! Mormons have to give 10 percent of all their earnings to the church as tithing to keep their temple recommend. The more these families make, the more CASH the church gets. I've heard the Mormon church makes like $8-10 BILLION a year just from tithing.
OMW!
eloise92
Talker
Talker

Unread post by eloise92 »

ewokfan11 wrote:
username320 wrote:
whatashitshow wrote:I am a little behind but I didn't see this discussed. Is Chad not at the private school anymore?? How is he playing on the Springville school team? I am pretty sure that is the school he attended and played for last year. Maybe I am wrong but I wouldn't be surprised. Also, in our districts if you flip flop around you cannot play the sport unless you have been in the school for the previous semester.
I don't think the football team is not through the school, just a club or rec. league, at least that's the case where I live with Lacrosse, even though they have the same colors and mascots, they're club so school doesn't matter. He may have left though, I'd be very surprised bc the parents(I'm including Shari as a parent bc she raised Eve for most of her life) seem to like the school.
I think the private school (I'm starting to think it's a charter school) is too small to support sports teams, so the local public school lets their students play on their teams. Springville is a local high school there.
It is a private LDS school, American Heritage Utah.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

eloise92 wrote:It is a private LDS school, American Heritage Utah.
Wow, that place looks intensely Mormon!!
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Wow

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Plus, both Shay and Ellie have had people say they joined the church because of said vloggers. The LDS church loves that! I would love to see what the actual numbers are, and how long those people stay with the church.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
username320
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by username320 »

calliepaige84 wrote:Image

Wow

Is school this inexpensive everywhere in the central US? Where I am it's 35k a year
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

sasperillo wrote:
KaterTot wrote:
seriously7 wrote:Ruby said in today's video that the bean pot fire caused her home to become full of soot? Is that true, I know it had the burnt smell, but isn't soot a black film like substance? Was it really that bad or was she exaggerating and taking advantage?

I can't believe she said she was grateful that the smoke out happened because she got a free kitchen! Crazy! She could have lost her house and killed her pets.
Honestly I never understood that whole ordeal. Millions of people have burnt beans and worse in their homes and they didn't get whole new kitchen makeovers (that looked just like their old kitchen)>
That was totally a ploy to get a new kitchen. Ridiculous. I guess by now I need them to remodel my whole house with all the burnt things over the year. LOL
A lot of people were saying what you’re saying when it first happened. She didn’t just burn beans, she left them there for hours and her pot melted. It is 100% possible to cause harmful smoke that just doesn’t get out of things if you do that. Just because you don’t see spot and fire it doesn’t mean that the damage isn’t there. It’s one of those things that most people will never experience which is why people keep equating it to “just burning beans”. There are entire companies that deal with smoke remediation, if this didn’t happen to people the companies wouldn’t exist. I’m all for gossiping but people who say she did it on purpose are crazy and out of touch with reality. We’ve seen her be ditzy and forgetful over and over and over. We’ve even seen her forget food on the stove before. She could’ve burned down the house attempting this and destroyed all her family heirlooms and killed her pets- nobody does that for a new kitchen, especially not someone who has enough money to buy a new kitchen outright. She also didn’t need an excuse to fix up the house. They’d announced they were buying and clearly had the money for a new house (and a renovation). Had it not happened she would’ve probably still done some renovations, just not as many. Add to that the fact that they were a family of 8 in the cold weather during the school year and they were displaced from their house for weeks. Ultimately it fell on Ruby to shuttle everyone around and figure out how to feed them (fast food almost every meal) for that time. Nobody in their right mind would do that on purpose. People burn things for insurance money but only when they have more to gain than to lose and this is obviously not the case with Ruby.

Never said she did the burning on purpose but dramatically exaggerated the damage. And you are right, I have lived 50 yrs without hearing of whatever it is you said about burn damage, I would think that would be more from a bigger fire in the home and not a pot of beans, yes even a pot that might emit a smidge of carcinogens or some sort. And also why didn't it include the whole house since your a/c or heat vents would carry it throughout. It was treated like it was black mold except she still lived there. I think it was over kill or the insurance would of paid it all if it had been a fully legit claim. She sure seemed to enjoy getting the excuse to eat out all day and buy junk food at the store multiple times a day. There were way easier ways to do that too. Microwaves exist and toaster ovens, they weren't even made to stay in a hotel during the clean up if it was so toxic. that is why I think people questioned it. Not jumping on what you are saying at all. I just wanted to be clear I was not one that was saying she did it on purpose but I did say it seemed exaggerated. :)
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

natalka81 wrote:I definitely don't think she did it on purpose. I think she has more integrity than that. I wonder, however, if she exaggerated the effects of the melted pot. It's hard for me to understand getting a whole new kitchen because of burnt beans, although admittedly I am not an expert in this area!

From what I looked at tonight she did exaggerate and I don't think myself or anyone really thought she tried to burn her house down but more like used the situation to get what she wanted but she paid for it so really, no harm there. They could of cleaned it themselves or hired a cleaning crew and been out two days tops. She was in her home mid April with the kitchen remodel started already, they were not out of their home weeks as someone said. They also went on vacation quite a bit around and after this time. LA. Epcot. Disney. Universal. Six flags. this was all by June (burn was around April 4 if not on, cannot remember for sure but was first few days of April).

She made it more costly and used it as pity but that really wasn't what was happening. She was not sensible with her short loss of kitchen and eating. Kevin was gone so she went into Ruby mode. Poor pitiful girl. I just wonder what military wives and truckers wives do without their husbands for way longer periods of time. :D Lots of ways to have warm food without eating out 3 times a day or even going to the grocery store daily. Kids were all mostly in school for noon meal anyway. They kept the same fridge at the time for a bit, could of put it in garage then and put perishables. Before someone says it was damaged from pot fire well she kept her same microwave and used it as can be seen 12 days after the incident in a vlog and complaining it had a plume of smoke smell when she turned it on. Obviously insurance or health reasons did not make them get rid of anything because of the smoke. She wanted new cabinets and counters and decided that was a good time to go ahead and do it. She also painted some herself as seen in about a week and a half after in a pantry. You wouldn't paint over the "soot" so someone cleaned it or they painted to just cover the smoke smell. She did a closeup the day of right after the fire of her cabinets sniffing them. They looked fine but smelled strongly of smoke. That isn't soot. That is smoke permeation which is nasty and it needs cleaned thoroughly and 2nd hand smoke is not good but it isn't going to cause problems if treated quickly, as I assume they did. I didn't see black soot anywhere but that invisible greasy and smokey stuff could have been. Anyway....That is when I realized that none of her situation was a "have to evacuate" situation.
As for why I think she abused the situation to eat out and go to the deli daily (oh and just a month or so ago Ruby herself said she always has gone to the deli 2 to 3 times a day in an Instgram thing where she tried to start a meet the locals type thing) it was a daily story. I have never seen a 2nd one. Not surprised. Enough trying to live with the simple folk I guess. :D

Anyway...they could of had cereal or microwaved hot cereal. Used her griddle she has for pancakes. Eggs. Her infamous French Toast. There are sandwiches for some days. Fry Daddies for french fries or chicken strips. (we won't pretend that is too unhealthy for Ruby) All these things could of been stored in the fridge moved into the garage.You hardly see her using her stove and oven for breakfast any given morning when she had one so there's one meal not eaten out. There were so many things, it's been awhile so can't remember them all but it was all very exaggerated. She didn't burn it on purpose but she milked the living crap out of the situation to further her lazy lifestyles and lay on her Mom's couch getting her to cook her and the kids meals cause of her situation.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

username320 wrote:

Wow

Is school this inexpensive everywhere in the central US? Where I am it's 35k a year

Yeah this seems “cheap” to me, I was looking into private school options for my LO and kindergarten started at 20 grand +

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

username320 wrote:

Wow

I am more in central USA than they are and I can say from the smaller city I live in, more use Public School for free and Homeschool than pay tuition but I honestly do not know the tuition prices. We have Catholic, other Church based schools and that's it.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

gymchick43 wrote:
username320 wrote:

Wow

Yeah this seems “cheap” to me, I was looking into private school options for my LO and kindergarten started at 20 grand +
This is cheap to me too. I think it might be subsidized by the church. The private school I went to is now up to $27K a year.
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

ewokfan11 wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:
username320 wrote: Is school this inexpensive everywhere in the central US? Where I am it's 35k a year

This is cheap to me too. I think it might be subsidized by the church. The private school I went to is now up to $27K a year.
Wouldn't surprise me if school tuitions are too subsidised by the church. So many similarities between Scientology and LDS, both help pay for everything, as a subtle incentive to keep them somewhat dependent. I'll stop there incase I offend anyone :)

freebeegal
Informer
Informer

Unread post by freebeegal »

username320 wrote:

Wow

I was about to ask that. My school was more than that annual price per term (3 terms in a year)

Bananasplit
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bananasplit »

I don't know giving a debit card to a child that can't even keep track of his coat or cell phone seems risky to me. I personally did have a debit card around 13 and I do think it can work for some children but I'm not sure chad is responsible enough at this point.

Also coats are lost so often. At the end of the school year we usually have 100+ coats in lost and found that we donate or give to some of the kids the following yr who can't afford coats. I think spending a ton on a cost on a child that isn't very responsible is dumb on Ruby's part.
Teenyj
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Teenyj »

Ruby is disgusting! Why don’t you tell us one more time that you got a FREE refrigerator from Sears. way to go Sears. You gave them this beautiful refrigerator and it’s stuck in the garage. No water hook ups. Don’t you think she should have checked that first and also measured the space in the house? Do you know how so many people are struggling right now are you have flaunt the fact that you got a FREE refrigerator? Shame on you RUBY!

And enough with the garage. I have an idea. Why don’t you set up a woman cave out there and then you can be out there all the time

She really loves herself. Always on camera. Always trying to be the cute one. The channel should be called “1 passenger”.

And then she gives Chad a debit card at 12. What the heck! He lost his phone too. Failed to tell us that one Ruby. There is no way on earth I would have given my 12 year old a debit card at 12. Good luck with that one. The money will be gone in no time.

Those kids are spoiled to death. Good luck Ruby and Kevin.

Return to “8 Passengers”