Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Mk1
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Unread post by Mk1 »

heymallie wrote:I cringed when I saw Jared’s Instagram story. I studied intercultural communication and if they are doing business there it’s going to fail epically. They all fail to even study the social norms, but this is e+j we are talking about Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So interesting to me how different Bonnie's posts are vs. Ellie and Jared's. Bonnie and Joel seem to be having a great time, are taking things in and appreciate all the beautiful things that come with seeing new places and cultures. Then it seems like Ellie's always making a stink face in pictures (lots of pictures from the Nortons' IG) and just seems fake about the whole thing and not truly as into it as maybe Bonnie and Joel and everybody else. And the Nortons had an IG story post about enjoying getting to know this beautiful human (picture of Bonnie with her tagged). I definitely agree with all those who speculated this was Bonnie and Joel's trip and Ellie and Jared somehow ended up invited at the last minute for whatever odd reason. And then Jared running and screaming about the train/subway or whatever...?! What the heck? So unnecessary and irritating. Why do he and Ellie feel the need to act that way?
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I really want to know when/how Ellie first contracted HSV-1. I wonder if it was from "all the guys" she notoriously and so scandalously made out with... lol.

I also wonder if that guy didn't want to kiss her cause he was scared of getting a cold sore. If you have the virus, it's super common to have an outbreak when you're sick because your immunity is down. I just can't help but chuckle imagining the scenario, of him hesitating to kiss her because he was grossed out/being cautious, and dumbstruck Ellie thinking that it/he was "SO weeirrraaad!" Haha Image
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I really want to know when/how Ellie first contracted HSV-1. I wonder if it was from "all the guys" she notoriously and so scandalously made out with... lol.

I also wonder if that guy didn't want to kiss her cause he was scared of getting a cold sore. If you have the virus, it's super common to have an outbreak when you're sick because your immunity is down. I just can't help but chuckle imagining the scenario, of him hesitating to kiss her because he was grossed out/being cautious, and dumbstruck Ellie thinking that it/he was "SO weeirrraaad!" Haha Image
Nah all the Griffiths have it. I think they slobber all over their kids and just keep passing it down. If they have to suffer, so do their kids. Although Ellie isn't quite as bad about it as some of the other siblings.

Now that you say that, I bet that is the exact scenario that happened with Ellie and the guy who didn't want to kiss her!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Mk1 wrote:
heymallie wrote:I cringed when I saw Jared’s Instagram story. I studied intercultural communication and if they are doing business there it’s going to fail epically. They all fail to even study the social norms, but this is e+j we are talking about Image

So interesting to me how different Bonnie's posts are vs. Ellie and Jared's. Bonnie and Joel seem to be having a great time, are taking things in and appreciate all the beautiful things that come with seeing new places and cultures. Then it seems like Ellie's always making a stink face in pictures (lots of pictures from the Nortons' IG) and just seems fake about the whole thing and not truly as into it as maybe Bonnie and Joel and everybody else. And the Nortons had an IG story post about enjoying getting to know this beautiful human (picture of Bonnie with her tagged). I definitely agree with all those who speculated this was Bonnie and Joel's trip and Ellie and Jared somehow ended up invited at the last minute for whatever odd reason. And then Jared running and screaming about the train/subway or whatever...?! What the heck? So unnecessary and irritating. Why do he and Ellie feel the need to act that way?
I said before they left that it was going to be exactly the way you're describing it! When Bonnie went to Hawaii with Joel and the kids, they stayed in and went to local places. Of course they did some touristy things, but they seemed to want to learn about where they were, not just run around screaming and acting like idiots. How can you take in anything when you are filming yourself running around yelling? Bonnie and Joel definitely have their flaws (who doesn't?) But at least they seem interested in learning something, and not just showing off.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
Mk1 wrote:

I said before they left that it was going to be exactly the way you're describing it! When Bonnie went to Hawaii with Joel and the kids, they stayed in and went to local places. Of course they did some touristy things, but they seemed to want to learn about where they were, not just run around screaming and acting like idiots. How can you take in anything when you are filming yourself running around yelling? Bonnie and Joel definitely have their flaws (who doesn't?) But at least they seem interested in learning something, and not just showing off.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Bonnie and Joel also seem very aware that all this fortune is TEMPORARY, so they are making the most of appreciating and enjoying it. Ellie and Jared haven't figured that out yet I don't think. They have no backup plan, so it's easier to just live in denial.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I really want to know when/how Ellie first contracted HSV-1. I wonder if it was from "all the guys" she notoriously and so scandalously made out with... lol.

Nah all the Griffiths have it. I think they slobber all over their kids and just keep passing it down. If they have to suffer, so do their kids. Although Ellie isn't quite as bad about it as some of the other siblings.

Now that you say that, I bet that is the exact scenario that happened with Ellie and the guy who didn't want to kiss her!

I don't think Ellie is any better for it than her siblings, it's just that she doesn't show as much affection for her older kids. Whentney are babies she slobbers all over them, shares meals and put their pacis in her mouth just as much as her siblings do.
GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

Maybe they went to find a factory to print Jared’s book. I remember him saying that he was working on a book with his dad.

This lady is in their group.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... f11829.jpg[/img]

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

GuavaMama wrote:Maybe they went to find a factory to print Jared’s book. I remember him saying that he was working on a book with his dad.

If they are looking for book printers, it's almost certainly that stupid cookbook Image
GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

HelloSweetie wrote:
GuavaMama wrote:Maybe they went to find a factory to print Jared’s book. I remember him saying that he was working on a book with his dad.

If they are looking for book printers, it's almost certainly that stupid cookbook Image
Lol of course. I can’t believe that didn’t even cross my mind Image

Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Do people typically go to China to tour book printing facilities when they are publishing a book? So strange.

Also, above when somebody said that Ruby drank Fanta at a wine tasting --- holy shit. 1) why was she at a wine tasting and 2) DRINK WATER sheesh this family has no class.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Sorry for the double post, but I just watched the house Q&A and question: Is it normal to have to have your BRAND NEW hardwood floors sanded and re-sealed after just a YEAR? My house has the original hardwood floors from 1967 and we've lived there for four years and have just now thought we might look into it for the next year or so (I'm sure the previous owners did them). Having your brand new hardwood re-done after a year seems excessive unless they were done shoddily the first time.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Pency wrote:Sorry for the double post, but I just watched the house Q&A and question: Is it normal to have to have your BRAND NEW hardwood floors sanded and re-sealed after just a YEAR? My house has the original hardwood floors from 1967 and we've lived there for four years and have just now thought we might look into it for the next year or so (I'm sure the previous owners did them). Having your brand new hardwood re-done after a year seems excessive unless they were done shoddily the first time.
100% not normal. I was shocked when they said that.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

So julie announced that she's pregnant today...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

Strawberry26 wrote:So julie announced that she's pregnant today...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
If I were her I too would have waited until Ellie was half way around the world with limited YouTube access, lol...
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

For those of you who don't watch Julie, she found out she was pregnant the day before Ellie's D&C. :/ She said that they had planned to get pregnant together. Ugh, that actually makes me so sad for Ellie.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:For those of you who don't watch Julie, she found out she was pregnant the day before Ellie's D&C. :/ She said that they had planned to get pregnant together. Ugh, that actually makes me so sad for Ellie.
I get what you are saying, and if it were any other person than Ellie i would feel bad for her. But Ellie is never sad for anyone but Ellie. If it had been Julie that lost her baby and Ellie were still pregnant, we would have never heard any of this plan from Ellie. Ellie would have gotten what she wanted, who cares about everyone else. I really have a hard time feeling any sympathy for Ellie after seeing how cold and emotionless she is for anyone but herself.
(I am sad they lost the baby, i don't want that misconstrued, I'm not sad that she and Julie aren't pregnant at the same time. Let Julie have the spotlight for a few months. We all know as soon as Ellie DOES get pregnant (which i total think will be during Julie's pregnancy) we will never hear about Julie and her pregnancy from Ellie again. Hell if we even do hear about it from her in the first place...)
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I don't feel bad for Ellie at all. I feel bad for Julie feeling like she can't be fully excited. But I don't feel bad for Ellie, this is the same woman who called the ivf couples ON Mother's Day to announce she was pregnant. And that "pregnancy" is up for debate.
Ellie is a selfish narcissist who thinks only if herself.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I find it interesting that Julie, who seems to be fairly normal with her fertility, if not a little bit more fertile then most, tried for at least 3 cycles before getting pregnant. Yet in that time self proclaimed infertile Ellie claims to have gotten pregnant twice in that time frame, on her own.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Plus Julie technically got pregnant weeks after Ellie found out. Was Ellie sensitive to Julie's feelings in that time? I doubt it. Getting pregnant at the same time seems like such a juvenile concept to me anyway. You should plan your own family around what works, and not decide to do something because someone else is. Pregnancy isn't a sure thing, and Julie shouldn't have to feel bad about her own just because Ellie lost hers (speaking as a multiple loss mom here too). But given the dynamic I've seen with all those sisters, I think Julie was bound to feel bad about being pregnant if Ellie wasn't regardless. They all tiptoe around her and obviously have learned through the years that kissing Ellie's ass is the key to family peace and happiness.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:For those of you who don't watch Julie, she found out she was pregnant the day before Ellie's D&C. :/ She said that they had planned to get pregnant together. Ugh, that actually makes me so sad for Ellie.
I get what you are saying, and if it were any other person than Ellie i would feel bad for her. But Ellie is never sad for anyone but Ellie. If it had been Julie that lost her baby and Ellie were still pregnant, we would have never heard any of this plan from Ellie. Ellie would have gotten what she wanted, who cares about everyone else. I really have a hard time feeling any sympathy for Ellie after seeing how cold and emotionless she is for anyone but herself.
(I am sad they lost the baby, i don't want that misconstrued, I'm not sad that she and Julie aren't pregnant at the same time. Let Julie have the spotlight for a few months. We all know as soon as Ellie DOES get pregnant (which i total think will be during Julie's pregnancy) we will never hear about Julie and her pregnancy from Ellie again. Hell if we even do hear about it from her in the first place...)
No, I totally get what you mean. You're so right. If the situation were switched, Ellie would've announced on the day of her sister's D&C. Julie had a hard time being completely happy and excited because of the fact, but if it were Ellie, I bet it hardly would've been an afterthought. I felt sad for Ellie because I was putting myself in her shoes, but after reading your post/seeing things put into perspective, I feel a bit differently, lol. It's hard to feel sympathetic toward someone who doesn't have a sympathetic bone in their body.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”