The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

madi_b_123
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

This was debated on C&K’s thread but I think it’s more suited here. I have a lot of experience with addicts and Brittany should absolutely not be drinking alcohol. She’s an addict (obviously) and alcohol itself is an addictive substance. If she has an addictive personality, it’s likely that she switch one vice for another. Additionally, alcohol clouds your judgment. If she’s buzzed, she could think “oh I can just use a little bit of xyz” or “I have control and can just use once right now.” It’s just a bad idea all together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

workfromhomemom wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Don't think Cullen has charisma, but oh well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I was expecting to see you comment something like that! You didn't disappoint! Image
LOL. Hate to be predictable, but I am glad I didn't disappoint! I thought I kept my disdain for Cullen so under wraps (not)
I think he totally hit the spousal jackpot when he got Katie. It amazes me how she worries about looking good for _him_. No accounting for taste, as my dad always said. ImageImage

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

madi_b_123 wrote:This was debated on C&K’s thread but I think it’s more suited here. I have a lot of experience with addicts and Brittany should absolutely not be drinking alcohol. She’s an addict (obviously) and alcohol itself is an addictive substance. If she has an addictive personality, it’s likely that she switch one vice for another. Additionally, alcohol clouds your judgment. If she’s buzzed, she could think “oh I can just use a little bit of xyz” or “I have control and can just use once right now.” It’s just a bad idea all together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I thought HS and I were the only ones who thought that way. Especially with meth which has such a high cross addiction with alcohol. If I had a nickel for every time I heard "I can stay away from meth, except when I am drinking", I wouldn't have to work ever again.
But hey, it's all sunshine and roses in the world of Cullen and Katie, and I am mean and judgy for thinking she shouldn't be not only wasted 3 weeks after getting out of jail, but putting it on the internet.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I couldn't believe it when someone suggested that she may have only tried Meth in jail because she was bored and that doesn't mean she's an addict. I'm convinced anyone in C&K's orbit could kill someone and there would be excuses made for them. This girl has a problem. Having a baby is the last thing she should be thinking about right now. I don't think vlogging will last very long for her. People are already googling her.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

YouTube "fame" is also addicting. There was an episode of Dr Phil this week that highlighted this problem and it was fascinating how much a need for attention from followers resembled a substance addiction. The lady that was on there was unhinged and becoming crazier and more desperate in her need to live stream. I think B needs to do something more productive and rewarding like go to school or tart volunteering. The last thing she needs is excessive free time (and time alone!) and/or a pregnancy.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

That "Draw My Life" from Cory didn't really explain anything...except it seems he's paying all the bills. Again, it totally glossed over Britney going to prison for years and any relationship issues with that.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The Draw My Life and the earlier videos make me curious how they will handle the situation when the truth does come out - AND IT WILL!! She's kind of stupid to put herself almost immediately back on YT and lying about such a HUGE part of her recent past. The evidence is just a simple Google search of her name away....

I'm surprised more people haven't caught on just from the fact she's been out of Cullen's life for the last few years. Even if she was living in "Colorado," she could still visit or FaceTime or post on SM.

And when the truth does come out, how will Cullen and Katie react?? They started the YT lie that she was in Colorado all these years.

My thinking is: either be honest or DON'T DO YOUTUBE!!!!
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

ewokfan11 wrote:The Draw My Life and the earlier videos make me curious how they will handle the situation when the truth does come out - AND IT WILL!! She's kind of stupid to put herself almost immediately back on YT, but lying about such a HUGE part of her recent past. The evidence is just a simple Google search of her name away....

I'm surprised more people haven't caught on just from the fact she's been out of Cullen's life for the last few years. Even if she was living in "Colorado," she could still visit or FaceTime or post on SM.

And when the truth does come out, how will Cullen and Katie react?? They started the YT lie that she was in Colorado all these years.

That's how Im feeling about it...yeah, I understand its embarrassing and you want privacy...then get a more traditional job. People WILL find out. And it will be a MUCH bigger deal then if she just came out with it first.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

The draw my life was pretty cute though. I enjoyed the video.
Moxie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Moxie »

Have to admit I find her appealing. She's cute.

How did she get a house just getting out of prison? Don't you need to prove 2 years of employment to qualify for a mortgage? Maybe it's just in her boyfriend's name? It seems like it'd have to be. If it's in her name, I need to know who her mortgage lender is and if they're in my state!
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Moxie wrote:Have to admit I find her appealing. She's cute.

How did she get a house just getting out of prison? Don't you need to prove 2 years of employment to qualify for a mortgage? Maybe it's just in her boyfriend's name? It seems like it'd have to be. If it's in her name, I need to know who her mortgage lender is and if they're in my state!
It's most likely her boyfriend's house - and only under his name. He purchased it before she was out of prison and he's owned a lot of real estate before this house.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I did giggle when Cory said he video chatted B and she had a really old computer (like from prison?!?!) LOL
spooky
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spooky »

I have to give it to him; that draw my life video was pretty entertaining. Cory seems like a really nice guy and Britt(ney,nay,nee-not sure how she spells it) is a bit OTT for me, but hopefully she'll calm down a bit in time.

I hope she's taking the steps she needs to stay sober and doesn't try to do too much at once. Re-integrating back into society, decorating a new house, back with her BF after a long absence, YT etc., that's a lot of stuff to juggle.

side-note: has anyone seen the previews for the show "Released" on OWN; it follows 3-4 people after their release from prison and the little snippets I've seen were interesting.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Okay, I'm not trying to dispute what anyone here (or on the C&K thread) has said, nor am I trying to defend Brittany, but I'm just trying to figure this out. Haha

In the article on her drug charge in jail, (here: http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index ... mates.html ) there is this statement: [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... a4092a.jpg[/img]

I also read that antidepressants and other prescription drugs can test positive as well. Isn't it possible that she could've taken something other than just straight meth? Meaning that she is not/was not actually a meth addict (or an addict at all)? I'm not saying she's not in the wrong, but is there any way to prove that she was actually doing/taking meth? Of course you wouldn't just do meth out of boredom, but I could definitely see her being offered antidepressants or some other stimulant (like Adderall) and taking it out of boredom or what not.

Again, I'm not defending her or looking to prove her innocence (lol), I'm just wondering, am I missing something here? It just seems unfair to throw out there that she's an addict when, as far as I have been able to find, there's not really any concrete proof that that's the case, and that it could be being misconstrued. I will gladly stand corrected, though!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Okay, I'm not trying to dispute what anyone here (or on the C&K thread) has said, nor am I trying to defend Brittany, but I'm just trying to figure this out. Haha

In the article on her drug charge in jail, (here: http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index ... mates.html ) there is this statement: [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... a4092a.jpg[/img]

I also read that antidepressants and other prescription drugs can test positive as well. Isn't it possible that she could've taken something other than just straight meth? Meaning that she is not/was not actually a meth addict (or an addict at all)? I'm not saying she's not in the wrong, but is there any way to prove that she was actually doing/taking meth? Of course you wouldn't just do meth out of boredom, but I could definitely see her being offered antidepressants or some other stimulant (like Adderall) and taking it out of boredom or what not.

Again, I'm not defending her or looking to prove her innocence (lol), I'm just wondering, am I missing something here? It just seems unfair to throw out there that she's an addict when, as far as I have been able to find, there's not really any concrete proof that that's the case, and that it could be being misconstrued. I will gladly stand corrected, though!
This has a lot of scientific terms, but it explains what happens when someone pops a positive. They don't just go with 'oh, she tested positive. Let's give her more time." They test further to make sure. So if she got more time for popping a positive, she was on meth. And doing Adderall "out of boredom" is addictive behavior. Normies don't do drugs because they're bored. They read a book or find something to do.
I get that people seem to like her. But the lengths people are going to excuse her behavior amaze me. She was selling pot. So the distributors she was working with had to know her. You don't just wake up one day and say "I don't want to work a real job. I think I will sell pot" and find a distributor. They have to know you, and know you're not a cop. So she was a good customer.
And I am not judging her for being an addict and going to jail. Not at all. Some of my very best friends have done time for just that. But they made recovery their number one priority. And not decorating a house and playing house with a boyfriend, and having a baby right away. They worked hard to stay clean _and sober_. The partying concerns me. It's a big red flag.
https://www.practicalpainmanagement.com ... pth-review

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ewokfan11 wrote:The Draw My Life and the earlier videos make me curious how they will handle the situation when the truth does come out - AND IT WILL!! She's kind of stupid to put herself almost immediately back on YT and lying about such a HUGE part of her recent past. The evidence is just a simple Google search of her name away....

I agree with everything you have said except the part where you say Cullen started the lie about her being in Colorado. I never once knew she lived there at any time until it was brought up here. Cullen always said she was out of town, which is fine bc one, it's not his business to tell and two, she technically was out of town. Just saying that Cullen didn't start that lie, and i never heard it come out of his mouth that she was in Colorado the whole time.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Okay, I'm not trying to dispute what anyone here (or on the C&K thread) has said, nor am I trying to defend Brittany, but I'm just trying to figure this out. Haha

In the article on her drug charge in jail, (here: http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index ... mates.html ) there is this statement: //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... a4092a.jpg

Well, that said it was methamphetamine, which is still meth...just not necessarily crystal meth (which is a form of meth). Antidepressants don't have amphetamines. I guess it could be Adderall, but I'm guessing the street value of the prescription drug is better off selling than smuggling to prisoners. LOL

Who knows if she's actually an addict, but her old YT videos make me think she was. She was almost ALWAYS out of it - seeming high or drunk. She's even said she's not the old Britney.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:The Draw My Life and the earlier videos make me curious how they will handle the situation when the truth does come out - AND IT WILL!! She's kind of stupid to put herself almost immediately back on YT and lying about such a HUGE part of her recent past. The evidence is just a simple Google search of her name away....

I agree with everything you have said except the part where you say Cullen started the lie about her being in Colorado. I never once knew she lived there at any time until it was brought up here. Cullen always said she was out of town, which is fine bc one, it's not his business to tell and two, she technically was out of town. Just saying that Cullen didn't start that lie, and i never heard it come out of his mouth that she was in Colorado the whole time.
Oh, YES HE DID!! He said it A LOT to explain why she wasn't around. He even said it the day she suddenly reappeared in the vlogs.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

Oh, YES HE DID!! He said it A LOT to explain why she wasn't around. He even said it the day she suddenly reappeared in the vlogs.
Look, i've been watching since they lived in Tallahassee and unless you are watching videos i haven't, he never stated where she was, only that she was out of town. Colorado was never mentioned until she showed back up. Please link me to a video while she was in prison and he said she was in CO bc i would love to be proven wrong on this one.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

He always said she was out of state. I would always laugh because it was the complete opposite of where she was. He did lie about where she was. He may not have said Colorado specially, but lies were told. I suppose that was fine then. Now that she's out of jail and they're continuing to lie and promote her channel, any backlash they get as a result of the lies is warranted. If she'd gone about her life without Youtube and the expectation of people supporting her, I don't think she would necessarily need to be upfront about where she's been. Other youtubers get slammed when people just think they're lying. They're 100% lying, but somehow it's to be excused?

Return to “Cullen and Katie”