C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lovethesnark wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:This forum is a prime example of how classism runs deep in not just America, but the entire world. The only difference between C&K and the rest of the vloggers we talk trash about is that they're older, more educated, and (in Katie's case at least) come from money. They used to be better, more attentive parents sure, but can we really say that anymore when Gaines is a spoiled brat and they admit that they can't handle Brooks and his meltdowns?

How dare anyone imply that C&K are lazy when they've got a perpetually messy house and are shrugging off what few duties they have in regards to vlogging? It's totally okay for a grown father of two to get shit faced every Saturday in a private viewing box while other people take care of his sick kids. Mocking viewers and going on angry twitter rants are totally fine too, because they're just so "real." Don't forget leaving a child sleeping in the car during a storm while eating out at a restaurant on vacation.

Bryan, Jared, Gabe, Drake, Chris, Sam, Austin, Chuckie,Joel and all of the other YT dads we talk shit about around here would get raked across the coals for any one of these things, but Cullen always comes out on top.

People can pull out theories all the time about Brian's claims of abuse from his late stepfather, or the weird cultish way the Griffiths grew up, or Corbin and Missy sleeping together and it's nbd but as soon as someone mentions that Cullen's sister is a CONVICTED felon on a class B drug felony charge for pot distribution and was later charged for doing meth in jail we've gone too far.

She was probably just bored or looking for quick cash, right? Who cares if she's drinking like a fish now, she's probably learned her lesson. I mean, Missy glomping Corbin once is a total sign that they're sleeping together, but Brittany being a convicted felon probably doesn't mean anything, right?

Brb eye rolling into a new dimension
This is exactly what I've been feeling for a while.
And y'all know I have. I used to like Katie, and even though Cullen and his sense of humor wasn't my cup of tea, even I admitted he was a good, loving husband and father. But he doesn't even seem to have that going for him anymore.
Personal, so feel free to scroll by: I had a good friend who was married to a guy kinda like Cullen. He was an overgrown frat boy, and about the only good thing we could say about him was that he had good taste in choosing my friend. But whether it was the"love of a good woman" or just growing up, he changed. He did grow up. He became a really good husband and father and toned down the ridiculous behavior. Cullen seems to want to be a perpetual college student. He wasn't a frat boy, but I bet he wishes he was! He basically needs to grow up. And that doesn't mean be boring and never get hammered or have fun. But he needs to be an adult and quit bitching about it. We all have stressors. But we don't all go on Twitter rants or not show up to work just because we're not "feeling it".

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by askeptichere »

Playsinrain wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:
japaluvr wrote:
Where does the theory Missy having a miscarriage have anything to do with her post? Simply curious.
She made the claim that more assumptions are made about C&K. The theory about Missy is an example of how ridiculous the assumptions about other Youtubers can be on this forum.
I never said that theories like the one about Missy were not ridiculous. I stated that i see MORE of that kind of silly nit picking here than i do on most other forums i read here. Hell some of the things C&K get picked on for, Missy would be praised for doing. Like sending her kids to MDO so they can actually learn things. When M&B do it, it's great and wonderful and better than them staying at home. When C&K do it, they are lazy and spend too much time alone. B&M stuff Ollie and Finn in the playroom alone all the time and get shit for it. C&K spend time playing and watching educational shows with the kids in the playroom and get hell bc they are always in there and never in the living room. But i get it, some people just really dislike C&K and will find fault no matter what they do, and that's their prerogative. It's just funny sometimes, what they get shit over. They can't win for losing.
But the exact opposite can be said as well. Some people just really like C&K, and will try to find reasons to excuse a lot of their behavior. I don’t understand the point of arguing over the hate C&K get here. It’s a gossip forum, and nitpicking and assumptions are the foundations of sites like this. No?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FitMom wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:I don't think anyone cares if you still like them. You can like them, but the rush to dismiss the shitty things they do is ridiculous. You can't convince me that there would a single person on the board that would defend B&M if they left their 2 year old in the car while they had dinner with their whole family. You can't defend that shit and you can't pretend that anyone who does it is a good parent, but it happened here.
Agreed! Imagine if B&M were driving on public streets in a golf cart with their kids.
And holding one kid and the steering wheel with one hand and vlogging with the other. In a thunderstorm.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

My issue with the MDO program is that even with both kids gone for a few hours a few days a week they still cant manage to get anything done but complain about their life and how busy it is and how everything is always so last minute.
And for the playroom thing, my only issue is when Cullen is in there and not contributing to maintaining the home or actually parenting.

I actually used to really like Cullen and Katie, but theyre quickly becoming people I don't want to watch. I don't want to see drunk Cullen, or ranting on twitter Cullen, I don't want to see Katie upset because Cullen only shows affection for the vlog, I don't want to see videos about how stressed to stay at home parents whose kids spend a lot of time outside the house are and how they cant get anything done.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I really wonder what their life will look like in a year or two.
Cullen seems to be on a destructive path, their youtube career is tanking and Katie has no desire to return to work. Cullen isn't overly employable, or even motivated enough to hold down a job.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:
She made the claim that more assumptions are made about C&K. The theory about Missy is an example of how ridiculous the assumptions about other Youtubers can be on this forum.
I never said that theories like the one about Missy were not ridiculous. I stated that i see MORE of that kind of silly nit picking here than i do on most other forums i read here. Hell some of the things C&K get picked on for, Missy would be praised for doing. Like sending her kids to MDO so they can actually learn things. When M&B do it, it's great and wonderful and better than them staying at home. When C&K do it, they are lazy and spend too much time alone. B&M stuff Ollie and Finn in the playroom alone all the time and get shit for it. C&K spend time playing and watching educational shows with the kids in the playroom and get hell bc they are always in there and never in the living room. But i get it, some people just really dislike C&K and will find fault no matter what they do, and that's their prerogative. It's just funny sometimes, what they get shit over. They can't win for losing.
But the exact opposite can be said as well. Some people just really like C&K, and will try to find reasons to excuse a lot of their behavior. I don’t understand the point of arguing over the hate C&K get here. It’s a gossip forum, and nitpicking and assumptions are the foundations of sites like this. No?

And i agree with that, i'm not arguing over the hate, or at least im not trying too, i'm just pointing out the things i have seen here that seem silly to me. It is a gossip page, but we can also have differing opinions and discuss those differences. I think C&K get picked apart more than other vloggers do for silly random things, others think they get away with a lot more. I feel like there are true points to both sides.
Point is, i can't give Cullen shit for being pissed the hell off with the cat situation, bc i would be too. Until he actual does something stupid like rehome the cats, or toss them outside for good or take them to the shelter, then it's all just words said in a rant. We are all guilty of that. People just don't think that he has the right to be pissed or angry about anything bc he's on YT.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Most of us really used to like C&K and are just seeing something in their dynamic lately that is undeniably unstable. Katie is doing far more than Cullen is, and yet he still doesn't seem happy.

I think it's pretty dismissive to say that we just want to hate on them when the praises and defenses of them far outweigh the criticism they receive. Let's be real here, they have become lazy. What are they doing with their time? How am I, a mostly stay at home mom of two (one with a difficult temperament like Brookes) supposed to relate to Katie taking a month to make snacks for a MDO party, when I helped plan an entire Halloween Dance for my son's school, while working part-time and having a husband away for work. Ok Katie can complain about her privileged life, but that doesn't mean their audience is going to want to see that. Especially when half her troubles come down to a husband that just can't be bothered to grow up.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

"People just don't think that he has the right to be pissed or angry about anything bc he's on YT."

That's not true.
He needs to remember his audience before ranting, yes. But he still gets to be upset about things.
I can understand being upset about the cats, BUT he's a pet owner, and this isn't a new issue theyre having, it seems a little strange to be ranting about it now but not years ago when they first mentioned it.
Their being upset about time management is also ridiculous.

It truly seems like this move to the new house has brought a different side of Cullen out. He had YEARS to rant and rave on twitter about the cats, they've ruined numerous things, yet only now is he having a mini meltdown. Why? Why all of a sudden does it matter this much?
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Also, since we are allowed to have opinions about them, all the positive things are immediately turned to "can't wait to see what C&K will do to turn these fans away!11one!1". I can't mention something I agree with because I relate to it without being called a die-hard fan or defending them. It's ridiculous.

I will praise and give them crap for things they do or don't do but it's getting SO redundant to see these same people say people are defending their actions on certain things. Pretty sure we ALL agreed on Cullen's lack of motivation for LS or vlogging at times, leaving Gaines behind in the car, unable to really relate to their lifestyle and his overall attitude lately. But for people who still continue to watch and say positive things, we get mocked.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:Also, since we are allowed to have opinions about them, all the positive things are immediately turned to "can't wait to see what C&K will do to turn these fans away!11one!1". I can't mention something I agree with because I relate to it without being called a die-hard fan or defending them. It's ridiculous.

I will praise and give them crap for things they do or don't do but it's getting SO redundant to see these same people say people are defending their actions on certain things. Pretty sure we ALL agreed on Cullen's lack of motivation for LS or vlogging at times, leaving Gaines behind in the car, unable to really relate to their lifestyle and his overall attitude lately. But for people who still continue to watch and say positive things, we get mocked.

They ARE turning their fans away though, and I am honestly curious how far they (Cullen) can push it before there is nobody left to push away. The drunk vlogs, the poor parenting, the overall poor choices, the skipping vlogs, the snark about live streaming, none of that is very business like or conducive to maintaining a good audience. Their channel is already floundering, what will it take to give up?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:My issue with the MDO program is that even with both kids gone for a few hours a few days a week they still cant manage to get anything done but complain about their life and how busy it is and how everything is always so last minute.
And for the playroom thing, my only issue is when Cullen is in there and not contributing to maintaining the home or actually parenting.

I actually used to really like Cullen and Katie, but theyre quickly becoming people I don't want to watch. I don't want to see drunk Cullen, or ranting on twitter Cullen, I don't want to see Katie upset because Cullen only shows affection for the vlog, I don't want to see videos about how stressed to stay at home parents whose kids spend a lot of time outside the house are and how they cant get anything done.
But Missy and Bryan are always so productive and never ever complain about how busy they are? C&K might have some procrastination problems, but that does not solely stem from them sending the kids to MDO. Missy and Bryan complain constantly, but are still praised for sending Ollie to preK.

I cannot and will not ever give a parent hell for spending time playing or just hanging out with their kids.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I admit I have made assumptions based on clickbait titles before watching the vlogs. But when I am wrong, I always say so. But they are getting ruder and more dismissive of their "fans". Nobody said that they aren't allowed to be frustrated or upset. That's my biggest eye--roll with the defense of them. When people run out of defenses, they fall back on "rich people aren't allowed to have problems". "They're not allowed to complain". Sure they are. But all the angry emojis and "I'm getting rid of these cats!" is a little OTT. Complaining about how stressful your life is because of traveling for fun and party planning is pretty unrelatable. Complaining about staying up until 2am doing treats for your child's class that you knew long before that you had to do, isn't going to get my sympathy. And it's not even comparing them to other vloggers for me. People like them, and find ways to defend some pretty outrageous behavior. They act like the golf course is their playground, which is against the bylaws of the golf club. I'm not going to go into the excuses for Brittany, because I am approaching dead horse territory with her.
I personally haven't seen many posts bitching about the ball pit. The kids like it. Why not leave it up? Who cares? That's the least of my issues with them.
Marriage can be hard. Raising small children can be hard, even if you have help. If they talked in a real way about that, I would understand. But "We're so stressed out because we flew to California for a pool party and went to the free beach house in Florida, and are planning big parties for our small children. And football season is coming!" Nope. Can't relate. If Cullen is stressed about falling views, being drunk in the vlogs and going on Twitter rants about the cats isn't going to help.
Nobody is saying that everyone has to hate them either. I don't hate them. I just don't understand why they are so virulently defended. And I get tired of people falling back on hyperbole when they run out of arguments.

TLDR: Nobody has said that everyone has to hate them. Nobody has said that they can't ever complain. But they do get defended for some pretty questionable things and I don't get it.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:
japaluvr wrote:
Where does the theory Missy having a miscarriage have anything to do with her post? Simply curious.
Curious. When have they "gotten hell" for being in the playroom? I personally haven't seen it.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:"People just don't think that he has the right to be pissed or angry about anything bc he's on YT."

That's not true.
He needs to remember his audience before ranting, yes. But he still gets to be upset about things.
I can understand being upset about the cats, BUT he's a pet owner, and this isn't a new issue theyre having, it seems a little strange to be ranting about it now but not years ago when they first mentioned it.

It truly seems like this move to the new house has brought a different side of Cullen out. He had YEARS to rant and rave on twitter about the cats, they've ruined numerous things, yet only now is he having a mini meltdown. Why? Why all of a sudden does it matter this much?
They have both ranted on the vlogs before in the old house. This isn't a new thing. I would have a melt down if my new house was getting ruined by my cats as well. I think he has every right to be pissed about it. I'm sure it frustrating that they have tried everything they can think of and nothing is working. It's possible they have exhausted every option they can think of and are just MAD about it. We all have a breaking point. Obviously last night was his with the cats.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:My issue with the MDO program is that even with both kids gone for a few hours a few days a week they still cant manage to get anything done but complain about their life and how busy it is and how everything is always so last minute.

But Missy and Bryan are always so productive and never ever complain about how busy they are? C&K might have some procrastination problems, but that does not solely stem from them sending the kids to MDO. Missy and Bryan complain constantly, but are still praised for sending Ollie to preK.

I cannot and will not ever give a parent hell for spending time playing or just hanging out with their kids.
That's the point though...Missy and Bryan get crap all the time for being lazy. Nobody has said that its not beneficial for Gaines and Brooks to go to MDO, but that Cullen and Katie waste their time, yet some defend them and cry that's its not fair Cullen and Katie "cant" complain...
I will give Cullen crap for playing in the playroom when he knows his wife is stressed and needs help. As a parent there is totally a time for play and a time to be a parent. There is NOTHING wrong with the kids entertaining themselves instead of laying on the couch with Cullen.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote: She made the claim that more assumptions are made about C&K. The theory about Missy is an example of how ridiculous the assumptions about other Youtubers can be on this forum.
Curious. When have they "gotten hell" for being in the playroom? I personally haven't seen it.

It was in the previous topic i think, i'll have to go back and find it. I know it was some time in the past 3-4 months.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote: She made the claim that more assumptions are made about C&K. The theory about Missy is an example of how ridiculous the assumptions about other Youtubers can be on this forum.

You said exactly what I was going to say. The opposite is true. There may be people who find fault with whatever they do (and believe it or not, I am not one of them-- it may seem that way, but I am not) but there are definitely people who will defend them, no matter what.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:"People just don't think that he has the right to be pissed or angry about anything bc he's on YT."

That's not true.

They have both ranted on the vlogs before in the old house. This isn't a new thing. I would have a melt down if my new house was getting ruined by my cats as well. I think he has every right to be pissed about it. I'm sure it frustrating that they have tried everything they can think of and nothing is working. It's possible they have exhausted every option they can think of and are just MAD about it. We all have a breaking point. Obviously last night was his with the cats.

They have NEVER ranted like Cullen did last night.
And why did they think moving would stop this problem? Why aren't they getting to the bottom of it instead of buying stupid air cans on amazon?
Were the cats supposed to be so in awe of the new house they stopped peeing on things? It seems like they had a lot of expectations of what life in the new house would be like and its falling short. They are more miserable and unlikable then ever before.
Last edited by FakingIt_MakingIt on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

japaluvr wrote:Also, since we are allowed to have opinions about them, all the positive things are immediately turned to "can't wait to see what C&K will do to turn these fans away!11one!1". I can't mention something I agree with because I relate to it without being called a die-hard fan or defending them. It's ridiculous.

I don’t recall anyone here being called names simply because they like them. For the most part, we’re all very respectful of each other’s opinions. For a long time I was one of the more critical posters, and I was sometimes jumped on for having a differing opinion, but I was never called names.

Things have changed on their thread, yes. More posts are critical, but there’s still positive comments as well, and they’re not attacked just for the fact that they’re positive.

At the end of the day, this is a gossip forum. I reserve my critical posts for here. I do roll my eyes at some of the posts defending them, but try to remain respectful. This kind of back and forth wouldn’t happed on a thread like jasssfam or britneyandbaby. You’d be torn apart and called a minion.

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Playsinrain wrote:

I have to say that there is quite a big difference in this comparison. B&M missy sent ollie to prek when he was 4, and he definitely needed it because of his speech issues. C&K sent Gaines to MDO when she was what? One and a half? Two? She was very young. Now brooks has started going at the age of one..

Return to “Cullen and Katie”