FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

marshmallowfluf wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:My issue with the MDO program is that even with both kids gone for a few hours a few days a week they still cant manage to get anything done but complain about their life and how busy it is and how everything is always so last minute.
And for the playroom thing, my only issue is when Cullen is in there and not contributing to maintaining the home or actually parenting.

I actually used to really like Cullen and Katie, but theyre quickly becoming people I don't want to watch. I don't want to see drunk Cullen, or ranting on twitter Cullen, I don't want to see Katie upset because Cullen only shows affection for the vlog, I don't want to see videos about how stressed to stay at home parents whose kids spend a lot of time outside the house are and how they cant get anything done.
But Missy and Bryan are always so productive and never ever complain about how busy they are? C&K might have some procrastination problems, but that does not solely stem from them sending the kids to MDO. Missy and Bryan complain constantly, but are still praised for sending Ollie to preK.

I cannot and will not ever give a parent hell for spending time playing or just hanging out with their kids.
I have to say that there is quite a big difference in this comparison. B&M missy sent ollie to prek when he was 4, and he definitely needed it because of his speech issues. C&K sent Gaines to MDO when she was what? One and a half? Two? She was very young. Now brooks has started going at the age of one..

And Grand Dolly day....yet Cullen and Katie are still up in the early morning hours running to walmart to prep a snack she knew about WELL in advance...yet that misuse of time was defended here too.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I won't slam them for sending Gaines and Brooks to MDO. I sent my son to the Montessori Tot House the first day he was eligible (the Monday after his first birthday) I do take issue with them being disorganized still, with the kids gone a few days a week.
I don't think anyone is saying everyone has to hate them. Most of us liked them. But I know I at least wonder what it does take to make some of the posters here think "Whoa! That wasn't ok!" Not calling anyone a minion, because I know that's not true, or even mocking anyone. Just curious.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
FitMom
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by FitMom »

I honestly don't care about the cat thing. I have had "problem" animals before and it is a pain. I am sure he is frustrated. I wouldn't have ranted about it on Twitter, but that is who he is ..so whatever.

Most of the time my issue with them is dealing with safety of the children. Or when Cullen makes some pretty bad decisions.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:"People just don't think that he has the right to be pissed or angry about anything bc he's on YT."

That's not true.
He needs to remember his audience before ranting, yes. But he still gets to be upset about things.
I can understand being upset about the cats, BUT he's a pet owner, and this isn't a new issue theyre having, it seems a little strange to be ranting about it now but not years ago when they first mentioned it.
Their being upset about time management is also ridiculous.

It truly seems like this move to the new house has brought a different side of Cullen out. He had YEARS to rant and rave on twitter about the cats, they've ruined numerous things, yet only now is he having a mini meltdown. Why? Why all of a sudden does it matter this much?
They have both ranted on the vlogs before in the old house. This isn't a new thing. I would have a melt down if my new house was getting ruined by my cats as well. I think he has every right to be pissed about it. I'm sure it frustrating that they have tried everything they can think of and nothing is working. It's possible they have exhausted every option they can think of and are just MAD about it. We all have a breaking point. Obviously last night was his with the cats.

They have NEVER ranted like Cullen did last night.
And why did they think moving would stop this problem? Why aren't they getting to the bottom of it instead of buying stupid air cans on amazon?
Were the cats supposed to be so in awe of the new house they stopped peeing on things? It seems like they had a lot of expectations of what life in the new house would be like and its falling short. They are more miserable and unlikable then ever before.
I don’t think they thought the new house would fix the problem. I brought that up Bc personally I would be mad about it. He never made the new house a reason he was mad. I just think he reached his breaking point. That has nothing to do with cats being in awe of a house.
Them trying the air cans was just another way of trying to solve the problem. He said he had tried every suggestion that was thrown his way last night. If I was at the end of my rope I would probably try the cans too. They are actively trying to find a solution to the problem and he got fed up. It’s a human reaction. It’s a twitter rant. He was not disrespectful to anyone he replied to giving him suggestions. He was mad at the cats, not the viewers.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I know Cullen didn't say anything about the new house, but you did. That's why I brought that up in my response.

Im done beating the dead horse (cat haha) but my bottom line is Cullen has changed. He wouldn't have ranted on twitter like that a year ago. The cat issue is nothing new, his blowing up over it is. The snarky comments to fans is new, the disregard of fans and things Cullen has promised is new. Cullen is a much angrier person lately and its getting old to watch.

* the quote tree is too long and trimming it down never works for me.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

marshmallowfluf wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:My issue with the MDO program is that even with both kids gone for a few hours a few days a week they still cant manage to get anything done but complain about their life and how busy it is and how everything is always so last minute.
And for the playroom thing, my only issue is when Cullen is in there and not contributing to maintaining the home or actually parenting.

I actually used to really like Cullen and Katie, but theyre quickly becoming people I don't want to watch. I don't want to see drunk Cullen, or ranting on twitter Cullen, I don't want to see Katie upset because Cullen only shows affection for the vlog, I don't want to see videos about how stressed to stay at home parents whose kids spend a lot of time outside the house are and how they cant get anything done.
But Missy and Bryan are always so productive and never ever complain about how busy they are? C&K might have some procrastination problems, but that does not solely stem from them sending the kids to MDO. Missy and Bryan complain constantly, but are still praised for sending Ollie to preK.

I cannot and will not ever give a parent hell for spending time playing or just hanging out with their kids.
I have to say that there is quite a big difference in this comparison. B&M missy sent ollie to prek when he was 4, and he definitely needed it because of his speech issues. C&K sent Gaines to MDO when she was what? One and a half? Two? She was very young. Now brooks has started going at the age of one..
I see nothing wrong with that. Early education is key and Ollie might know his abc’s and colors if they had sent him to this type of program before they did. Hell his speech may have also improved. My kids both went to MDO at the same age Gaines was. They both also learned to read at Ollie’s age, and I chalk that up to being taught sight words etc at a very early age. They need the learning and the social skills they are getting. I WISH m&b would have sent Ollie much earlier. And they should be getting Finn Into a program ASAP.
taracuda
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by taracuda »

5 solid minutes of Itsy Bitsy Spider and The Wheels on the Bus. Riveting. They 100% don't give a crap about their content unless it's some sponsored BS . Content for their viewers is obviously on the bottom of their priority list.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The issue most have with MDO and Grand Dolly day ISNT that the kids go, its that even with the kids gone for chunks of time Cullen and Katie get nothing done. They go shopping, or go for lunch, or just hang out with his sister around the house. And then 11 pm roles around and theyre rushing like mad to get things that HAVE to be done taken care of, all the while complaining about not having enough time and being SO SO busy.

They have no right to complain about being busy, when they learn some time management and stop being so freaking lazy then they can talk...yet some on here take issue with that line of thinking and think Cullen and Katie should be given a pass to complain about their not-so-busy lives.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I know Cullen didn't say anything about the new house, but you did. That's why I brought that up in my response.

Im done beating the dead horse (cat haha) but my bottom line is Cullen has changed. He wouldn't have ranted on twitter like that a year ago. The cat issue is nothing new, his blowing up over it is. The snarky comments to fans is new, the disregard of fans and things Cullen has promised is new. Cullen is a much angrier person lately and its getting old to watch.

I agree that something is amiss with Cullen. I can’t dispute that. I don’t know that he wouldn’t have ranted about the cats this way if he had reached a breaking point before now, but I do agree that there has been a change. I’ve seen it since his father passed though, I know a lot of people have said that it’s started when they moved, but I saw a change in him way before then. I think he has gotten worse, yes, but I did see it before then. I honestly hope he decides to go see someone and talk about his issues. He is not in a healthy place right now.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I know Cullen didn't say anything about the new house, but you did. That's why I brought that up in my response.

I agree that something is amiss with Cullen. I can’t dispute that. I don’t know that he wouldn’t have ranted about the cats this way if he had reached a breaking point before now, but I do agree that there has been a change. I’ve seen it since his father passed though, I know a lot of people have said that it’s started when they moved, but I saw a change in him way before then. I think he has gotten worse, yes, but I did see it before then. I honestly hope he decides to go see someone and talk about his issues. He is not in a healthy place right now.
It definitely isn't something that started after his dad passed. He was far better than this before the move. Ever since he started spending more time with Jay and Brooks was born he's been on a downward spiral.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

It definitely isn't something that started after his dad passed. He was far better than this before the move. Ever since he started spending more time with Jay and Brooks was born he's been on a downward spiral.
I think he was better and that he is going down hill but I don’t think Jay or Brooks are the roots of his decline. I’ve seen a big change in his personality since his father passed. Even since his father moved in the last time. He seemed completely on edge the moment his father walked in the door and he hasn’t gotten better since then. He’s only gotten worse.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:The issue most have with MDO and Grand Dolly day ISNT that the kids go, its that even with the kids gone for chunks of time Cullen and Katie get nothing done. They go shopping, or go for lunch, or just hang out with his sister around the house. And then 11 pm roles around and theyre rushing like mad to get things that HAVE to be done taken care of, all the while complaining about not having enough time and being SO SO busy.

They have no right to complain about being busy, when they learn some time management and stop being so freaking lazy then they can talk...yet some on here take issue with that line of thinking and think Cullen and Katie should be given a pass to complain about their not-so-busy lives.
That's exactly it. Like I said, I sent my son to Montessori when he was one year and two days old. Can't fault them for that because I would be a huge hypocrite. But I used that time. I dropped him off and headed to the grocery store, cleaned house, did errands, etc. Didn't say "Oh, I'll get organized when Michael gets to Montessori" and then not do it and complain about being busy. They put things off until the last minute then panic and stay up late and complain. They didn't even decide to have the Halloween party be adults only until the week of, and a bunch of people couldn't come because it's next to impossible to get a babysitter for the Saturday night before Halloween, much less last minute. Not everyone has family they can count on. They have all this technology available (iPhones, computers, a Fitbit), and still can't get "organized".

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I completely agree that they have time management issues. They have always been procrastinating people. And used to be honest about that, idk if they have owned up to that in a while.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lightening the mood a little... LOL and i know there are a couple of girls here that still agree with me, but Cullen looks so good with a little scruff. I know a while back Katie would make him shave everyday, she wasn't a fan of the scruff. I like it. I thought he looked nice today in the car going to get the kids. *runs and hides* :lol:
I love conversations with Gaines.. she cracks me up. That girl never forgets a thing!
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Playsinrain wrote:
marshmallowfluf wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: But Missy and Bryan are always so productive and never ever complain about how busy they are? C&K might have some procrastination problems, but that does not solely stem from them sending the kids to MDO. Missy and Bryan complain constantly, but are still praised for sending Ollie to preK.

I see nothing wrong with that. Early education is key and Ollie might know his abc’s and colors if they had sent him to this type of program before they did. Hell his speech may have also improved. My kids both went to MDO at the same age Gaines was. They both also learned to read at Ollie’s age, and I chalk that up to being taught sight words etc at a very early age. They need the learning and the social skills they are getting. I WISH m&b would have sent Ollie much earlier. And they should be getting Finn Into a program ASAP.
With 2 stay at home parents it is hard not to judge them for not taking the time to teach their kids these things themselves.. Katie is more than capable of doing these things herself, but she wont because she has become so lazy.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

marshmallowfluf wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
marshmallowfluf wrote: I have to say that there is quite a big difference in this comparison. B&M missy sent ollie to prek when he was 4, and he definitely needed it because of his speech issues. C&K sent Gaines to MDO when she was what? One and a half? Two? She was very young. Now brooks has started going at the age of one..
With 2 stay at home parents it is hard not to judge them for not taking the time to teach their kids these things themselves.. Katie is more than capable of doing these things herself, but she wont because she has become so lazy.
It's also hard to not judge poor time management when all they have is free time. They aren't managing their time poorly because they are too busy, but because they are choosing to be lazy and just put things off instead.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Interesting Cullen mentioned he might have season affective disorder in the vlog. He probably doesn't, but he does seem depressed. I wouldn't be surprised if they are having some major money issues. They bought the expensive new house and their YT views/income seem to be slumping - a lot.

Mid-range on Social Blade (I know, not the most accurate) has their annual YT income at only $50K (pre taxes/Fullscreen fees, etc.). There is no way they can maintain their lifestyle on that - or probably even TWICE that $$ amount with the way they spend and live. I wouldn't be shocked if that's causing a lot of issues (fighting) BTS at home.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

Unread post by askeptichere »

Playsinrain wrote:Lightening the mood a little... LOL and i know there are a couple of girls here that still agree with me, but Cullen looks so good with a little scruff. I know a while back Katie would make him shave everyday, she wasn't a fan of the scruff. I like it. I thought he looked nice today in the car going to get the kids. *runs and hides* Image
I love conversations with Gaines.. she cracks me up. That girl never forgets a thing!
If you stripped Cullen of his terrible personality, I’d be attracted to him. Cullen with a bit of a scruff is not a bad looking guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:Interesting Cullen mentioned he might have season affective disorder in the vlog. He probably doesn't, but he does seem depressed. I wouldn't be surprised if they are having some major money issues. They bought the expensive new house and their YT views/income seem to be slumping - a lot.

Mid-range on Social Blade (I know, not the most accurate) has their annual YT income at only $50K (pre taxes/Fullscreen fees, etc.). There is no way they can maintain their lifestyle on that - or probably even TWICE that $$ amount with the way they spend and live. I wouldn't be shocked if that's causing a lot of issues (fighting) BTS at home.

I agree about money being a huge issue...they also bought a new SUV...travelling, parties, Katies love of childrens clothing, Cullens drinking...it all adds up.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

marshmallowfluf wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
marshmallowfluf wrote:
Gaines was smart as a whip when she went into MDO and for sure put Ollie to shame at that age. Katie puts a TON more effort into teaching her children than Missy EVER has. I don't think Katie is incapable of teaching her kids, she has done just fine with both the kids. (brooks is a little slower than MG speech wise, but most boys are and he is more advanced physically) I do think that kids are sometimes able to learn more when someone other than mom and dad are teaching them. They are also getting much needed peer interactions and learning skills they need to know going into "real school" (sitting and listening to a teacher, lining up for lunch, etc..)
Last edited by Playsinrain on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”