staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: OKLeaveOscarAlready | Part 16

Unread post by staceymj »

Ilovecats wrote:
staceybrax wrote:
Ilovecats wrote:Why TF would she not rush him to the doctor??? If he's knocked his tooth out of his head, he needs to see a doctor Image

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Doctor won’t do anything, he needs to see a paediatric dentist. My son knocked his front tooth out just before he turned 2, a doctor can’t do anything for dental issues. But she does need to take him to the dentist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok? Lol I don't see the point on commenting back with that but okay ImageImage

Just saying a doctor trip would be a waste of time, but whatever. No need to be rude, but Ok ImageImage

wolflily23
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wolflily23 »

Ilovecats wrote:
staceybrax wrote:
Ilovecats wrote:Why TF would she not rush him to the doctor??? If he's knocked his tooth out of his head, he needs to see a doctor Image

Doctor won’t do anything, he needs to see a paediatric dentist. My son knocked his front tooth out just before he turned 2, a doctor can’t do anything for dental issues. But she does need to take him to the dentist.

why? lol
you stated twice in your comment that he needed to see a doctor and all she said was that a doctor wont do anything and that he needs to see a dentist. how is there no point in her comment?
Littlechatter11
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Littlechatter11 »

Ilovecats wrote:
staceybrax wrote:

What’s the point in commentng on an active forum if you don’t want a response lol
snowflakecake
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by snowflakecake »

It really pisses me off how they don't comfort their damn child when he's in pain. HE IS TWO YEARS OLD, NOT EIGHT. If he's hurting you give him a fucking hug and you kiss him and stroke his back. And then you call the dentist and get an appointment!! Kyra was literally laughing and telling him he's a big boy and he'll be okay. He's not a big boy, he's a toddler. She eventually gave him cuddles though which is good but as a parent that should be your first instinct. I just don't understand what they're doing. And to just go the entire day without even THINKING of calling the dentist even though he keeps bleeding??

Once again proving children should not have children.
teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by teddyandmommy »

snowflakecake wrote:It really pisses me off how they don't comfort their damn child when he's in pain. HE IS TWO YEARS OLD, NOT EIGHT. If he's hurting you give him a fucking hug and you kiss him and stroke his back. And then you call the dentist and get an appointment!! Kyra was literally laughing and telling him he's a big boy and he'll be okay. He's not a big boy, he's a toddler. She eventually gave him cuddles though which is good but as a parent that should be your first instinct. I just don't understand what they're doing. And to just go the entire day without even THINKING of calling the dentist even though he keeps bleeding??

Yeah I really dislike people who try to teach their toddlers not to cry when they get hurt and to laugh it off. Like, they're hurt. Give them love
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

snowflakecake wrote:It really pisses me off how they don't comfort their damn child when he's in pain. HE IS TWO YEARS OLD, NOT EIGHT. If he's hurting you give him a fucking hug and you kiss him and stroke his back. And then you call the dentist and get an appointment!! Kyra was literally laughing and telling him he's a big boy and he'll be okay. He's not a big boy, he's a toddler. She eventually gave him cuddles though which is good but as a parent that should be your first instinct. I just don't understand what they're doing. And to just go the entire day without even THINKING of calling the dentist even though he keeps bleeding??

Bc for whatevervreason oscar has come up with he doesnt want to baby his baby so that he isnt a wus or pansy and cries when he gets hurt. Who cares if he does?! Such toxic masculinity in oscar i swear

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

teddyandmommy wrote:

Yeah I really dislike people who try to teach their toddlers not to cry when they get hurt and to laugh it off. Like, they're hurt. Give them love
Not to mention that’s very unhealthy way of dealing with conflicting emotions. Telling boys to bottle up their emotions and laugh instead can turn them heartless later on in life or with major attachment issues. They are idiotssss

doggo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by doggo »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:Bc for whatevervreason oscar has come up with he doesnt want to baby his baby so that he isnt a wus or pansy and cries when he gets hurt. Who cares if he does?! Such toxic masculinity in oscar i swear
It makes me feel so bad for Levi. He just turned 2 and is already being pushed to be a macho man that suppresses his emotions.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

doggo wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:Bc for whatevervreason oscar has come up with he doesnt want to baby his baby so that he isnt a wus or pansy and cries when he gets hurt. Who cares if he does?! Such toxic masculinity in oscar i swear
It makes me feel so bad for Levi. He just turned 2 and is already being pushed to be a macho man that suppresses his emotions.
He's going to grow up and be like Oscar: an a-hole who thinks he's tough, who never talks about his feelings (Kyra brought it up several times, and in the vlog where he says he won't be the main vlogger any more you can see that he lacks the ability to express himself completely) and who has angry outbursts when feelings become too strong to suppress (punching holes through walls).
Idiots.
Idkhihello
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Idkhihello »

doggo wrote:
She even said, “you’re okay, you’re a strong boy huh” like whaaaat! Imagine that pain on an adult, let alone a toddler. Felt so bad

cklein31
Informer
Informer

Unread post by cklein31 »

teddyandmommy wrote:

And if a child is very young, an injury that seems like no big deal to us may LITERALLY be the worst pain they have ever experienced or remember experiencing because they have a very limited range of experiences!!! Not to mention a 2 year old lacks the skills necessary to process and put the pain in context with other negative feelings, so "you're a big boy. Don't cry" teaches him that he's not supposed to have those feelings.

I wonder how they'll treat alaya's injuries. Will they also tell her "you're a big girl! Don't cry!" Or is this one of Oscar's ~ be a man ~ things?
Ohthehumanity
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ohthehumanity »

I actually find it concerning how cold Kyra was being to Levi... clearly he was in a lot of pain and all she cared about was pulling out the camera, hug your child and show him so love. I can’t believe her motherly instincts did not kick in. Then the fact that they did nothing about it, and even mentioned later in the vlog that he can’t really eat and it is hurting him. Take him to a friggen dentist, don’t leave your child suffering in pain because you’re lazy and would rather shop then provide him with proper care.
RaginaPhalanges
Informer
Informer

Unread post by RaginaPhalanges »

They’re not good parents and they never have been. It’s as simple as that. They have never known what to do in an emergency situation. Remember when they thought Levi might have had a concussion? They had no idea what do to, so they went on google and put him down for a nap.

Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Whateverumean »

What annoyed me was how Kyra was laughing and filming. Poor kid was crying (intermittently) the whole day, gums turn black/blue and she doesn’t know where to take him? Wish people could ship some common sense to their P.O box
workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workinprogress »

I agree that they should've seen a dentist asap. It doesn't look like they went today either based on her snap story. She's a little too confident in what she and Oscar think is just "kids getting hurt"

doveminibites
Talker
Talker

Unread post by doveminibites »

workinprogress wrote:I agree that they should've seen a dentist asap. It doesn't look like they went today either based on her snap story. She's a little too confident in what she and Oscar think is just "kids getting hurt"

I was looking at the comment section in the video and she liked a few of comments about taking him to the denist so maybe they are still going to. I hope so.

marsala
Talker
Talker

Unread post by marsala »

I don't know I think people may be being too hard on Kyra. She didn't catch his injury on camera so we don't know how long it had been after by the time she started filming. With injuries like that toddlers may cry for a while, it's possible she comforted him after it happened and for a good amount of time before she took the camera out to vlog. When she showed Levi crying, he was on her bed, and I don't think he plays with his toys in her room often considering the playroom is across the hall. So she probably moved him into her room. It doesn't seem like he got hurt and she instantly whipped out the camera. Kyra is pretty affectionate with her kids, I'm sure she did comfort him after it happened. I do agree that what she said to him probably wasn't the best because it's okay to cry and be in pain when that happens to you but I think she was doing her best to try to stay positive and not alarm him, and she spoke in a very warm and calm tone. I think she did a pretty good job with him. But he definitely needs to see a dentist.
ladybrookie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ladybrookie »

Poor little guy... I'm wondering if she was just trying not to scare him more?

Levi's annoyed face in Target was hilarious though

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

RaginaPhalanges wrote:They’re not good parents and they never have been. It’s as simple as that. They have never known what to do in an emergency situation. Remember when they thought Levi might have had a concussion? They had no idea what do to, so they went on google and put him down for a nap.

or the time when he had a really bad fever? they didnt even want to go to the ER and he was shaking and burning up and beyond sick when they finally did
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Levi's annoyed face is all of us when we watch OK. Ik buddy, your parents are idiots.

Return to “OKBaby”