C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:Cullen and Katie are “liking” Shay Butler’s recent tweets about being sober for 4 months and forgiving himself, and it makes me want to vomit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, that's just gross. He drank for _five_ more months after saying "my purpose is to rehab". And not one word of apology to the woman who stood by him. "I'm forgiving myself". Well that's just great.
But he's King Shay, so of course they are going to like his self pity filled tweets.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by askeptichere »

Oh, look. More cancer clickbait. That worked so well with Katie. It's sure to bring in the big views this time. EYE. ROLL.
loopdeloop
Informer
Informer

Unread post by loopdeloop »

askeptichere wrote:Oh, look. More cancer clickbait. That worked so well with Katie. It's sure to bring in the big views this time. EYE. ROLL.
I'm very anti-clickbait, but the skin check ones haven't raised my hackles.

I think many more people should be going to a derm. Like Katie, I experienced some changes in my skin during my second pregnancy and had some moles removed that were a breath away from turning into cancer. When I told my friends what happened, some of them said they noticed changes too but hadn't been to a doc.

Clickbait for a "good cause" doesn't bug me. Clickbait about pregnancy, etc. does.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:Oh, look. More cancer clickbait. That worked so well with Katie. It's sure to bring in the big views this time. EYE. ROLL.
What bothers me the most about that is that he's lost someone to cancer. And to use it as clickbait, even for a "good cause", is pretty rotten. Even to encourage people to get checked, a vlog title about "Do I Have Cancer?" isn't really right. To me. My opinion only.
I just wanted to add, I also thought it was nice that people were able to discuss things the last few days without attacking each other or name calling, or even much hyperbole. Yay us!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

It’s just seems a little like the boy who cried wolf. He keeps using cancer as clickbait. God forbid someone in the family again has to battle some form of cancer... it would almost seem like karma.

And this may get people to get checked, but it won’t change anything for C&K. They’ll still sunbathe and get burnt at the beach.

taracuda
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by taracuda »

Defuego wrote:
workfromhomemom wrote:
taracuda wrote:5 solid minutes of Itsy Bitsy Spider and The Wheels on the Bus. Riveting. They 100% don't give a crap about their content unless it's some sponsored BS . Content for their viewers is obviously on the bottom of their priority list.
I thought it was adorable and loved it myself. To each their own.
I liked it too. Love to see what "school" is doing for Gaines.
I thought it was cute too, but five minutes out of a 14 minute vlog seemed a little excessive. Maybe they just don't have anything else going on, but it came off as a lazy way to "fill" the vlog to me. Just my opinion, though.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Per Cullen's Twitter, he realizes he has been suppressing some built up tension/emotions about his past. I'm proud of him for acknowledging he's been off and it's showing to his family and in the vlogs. I am fortunate enough to not have had someone very close to me pass but I can't imagine having all those feelings build up inside for so long. I just hope he actually seeks professional help as a release to help him be a better person to his family.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

It's not about having something going on or not, I think, but it's just a trick they have to film 1 or 2 or 3 topics on a day (as less as possible) - and preferably make a click-bait out of one of them - so they are free the rest of the day to live their day without the camera. Daily vlogging isn't really daily vlogging anymore, like a diary about the things that happen from morning to evening, but has silently evolved into this "trick", besides the trick to film maybe 2 things that are going on in a certain part of the day, to use for another vlog. Although I can't blame them in the end, I couldn't imagine filming myself everyday! But still, when watching I experienced it as way too easy to just film the kids singing and Cullen visiting a dermatologist. Note also that Katie was, again, hardly present in the vlog, and sitting all the time. While she could have taken a walk with the dogs, and preferably the cats as well so they can go to the toilet decently. :p I think nobody has mentioned yet that it's their own fault for either not having potty trained the cats well, or not cleaning the litter pot well so the cats avoid the dirty litter, or to not let the cats go outside. They live in an extra quite neighborhood now, maybe they could consider giving the cats a cat-worthy life and let them go outside, the cats are bored to hell, which is a quite form of animal abuse.

Believe me, they are well aware of the fact that Cullen babbling in the car for a minute or two is easy peasy footage. And the kids singing and dancing took much too long of a time IMO, it was boring after awhile. Although I enjoy watching Brooks, I think he's cute and I like his character. I wish Cullen would stop provoking Brooks' sensitive spot though, I feel like his temperament should be soothed, not heightened up, only to _create_ a sensitive spot. I also think Katie's intelligence tends to be over-estimated, the PhD program she followed is not that hard to do, and repeatedly saying (for the vlog or not, I don't care) that willingly overwhelming a baby and provoking anxiety by putting large balloons in front of Brooks (and multiple times repeating this with other things) is according to the psychology of confronting someone's (UNHEALTHY, Katie, UNHEALTHY, UN-ADAPTED!) anxieties, shows precisely the contrary of insight in this psychological 'principle', and is plain dumb in my opinion. Brooks' responses of feeling overwhelmed, anxious, looking at his parents, and crying, are totally normal and healthy behavior. And should be the signal to stop your behavior, in other words to _avoid_ the situation, immediately. Every normal human has the instinct of not doing it to begin with, okay maybe men less than women ;).
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Cullen's 3 part twitter post was a bit confusing. Is he saying he's been acting like his dad? "I think being a (my) Dad has finally made me look at everything differently." Too many parentheses make it a bit hard to follow. If I read it without the parentheses, it sort of makes sense, but when you read it all together... ???

I guess I appreciate Cullen is acknowledging he has issues he needs to work through if that's what he was trying to convey in the tweets. On the other hand it sort of just sounds like he's saying he understands who he is now because of his family, and doesn't plan on really changing anything.

Anyone care to decode these tweets for me? I don't speak Cullenese.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:Per Cullen's Twitter, he realizes he has been suppressing some built up tension/emotions about his past. I'm proud of him for acknowledging he's been off and it's showing to his family and in the vlogs. I am fortunate enough to not have had someone very close to me pass but I can't imagine having all those feelings build up inside for so long. I just hope he actually seeks professional help as a release to help him be a better person to his family.
I didn't get that he's having issues with his dad's passing from those tweets, but that he's realizing that the things he does are a result of past family issues, and he's not sure if those actions and emotions are good/healthy. I could be totally wrong though. I am still a bit confused after reading it several times.
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

I agree. Exposure therapy might be good for adults but is that the only thing she learned? What about coping skills? My oldest was like Brooks. I wish we would have known how to help his anxiety earlier. Making him "face his fears" is just plain mean. It's not helping.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

iheartyt wrote:I agree. Exposure therapy might be good for adults but is that the only thing she learned? What about coping skills? My oldest was like Brooks. I wish we would have known how to help his anxiety earlier. Making him "face his fears" is just plain mean. It's not helping.
She worked with children, right? Most kids don't have any involvement with a psychologist until they are school aged, so that's the age she knows best. There is a huge difference in a one year old and a 4+ year old. She may have taken one course that talks about infants and toddlers, but that's probably the extent of it. You're right, making Brooks face his fears is mean, and can cause more issues, including lack of trust toward his own parents.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I'm going to try to reword his tweet better so it hopefully makes more sense. Note that these aren't his exact words, but I feel it's a fair approximation of what he was trying to say.

"Looking back at the past brings back a lot of feelings for me. I've been thinking a lot about my family and their history, going way back, to understand why I am who I am today.

On one hand, I wouldn't change anything. On the other, I'm finally started seeing the unintentional patterns that I've been suppressing unknowingly. I think being a dad, being like my dad, has made me look at things differently. The past has been weighing on me a lot lately.

And it's not just about being a dad, but a husband, brother, and son too."

Sounds like he may be recognizing some of his failures (family history of drug abuse and alcoholism, perhaps?) and ways that he's changed. We'll see if he actually takes steps to correct whatever his issues may be, or if he just brushes them off as "part of who he is."
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I'm going to try to reword his tweet better so it hopefully makes more sense. Note that these aren't his exact words, but I feel it's a fair approximation of what he was trying to say.

"Looking back at the past brings back a lot of feelings for me. I've been thinking a lot about my family and their history, going way back, to understand why I am who I am today.

On one hand, I wouldn't change anything. On the other, I'm finally started seeing the unintentional patterns that I've been suppressing unknowingly. I think being a dad, being like my dad, has made me look at things differently. The past has been weighing on me a lot lately.

And it's not just about being a dad, but a husband, brother, and son too."

Sounds like he may be recognizing some of his failures (family history of drug abuse and alcoholism, perhaps?) and ways that he's changed. We'll see if he actually takes steps to correct whatever his issues may be, or if he just brushes them off as "part of who he is."
Thank you. That’s about what I got out of it.

iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

askeptichere wrote:
iheartyt wrote:I agree. Exposure therapy might be good for adults but is that the only thing she learned? What about coping skills? My oldest was like Brooks. I wish we would have known how to help his anxiety earlier. Making him "face his fears" is just plain mean. It's not helping.
She worked with children, right? Most kids don't have any involvement with a psychologist until they are school aged, so that's the age she knows best. There is a huge difference in a one year old and a 4+ year old. She may have taken one course that talks about infants and toddlers, but that's probably the extent of it. You're right, making Brooks face his fears is mean, and can cause more issues, including lack of trust toward his own parents.
That's true. We recognized that our son was having trouble early on but we had to wait until he was 6.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I'm glad Cullen is recognizing and admitting the issues he has been having. It's a great step in the right direction for him and his relationship with Katie and the kids. You live what you learn, and from the sounds of it Howard was never the perfect role model for what a husband and a father should be. It takes a lot to recognize that things your parents did were not healthy and to consciously try and do things differently than you learned from them. Those tweets sounded like he's working through some of those issues.
Anyone else think that they might be in some sort of counselling based on those tweets? Could be the marriage classes at church as well, last night was Wednesday... I know a lot of us (myself included) were skeptical about those classes, but if it's helping him realize these things and grow from them, i can't say too much bad about it. It might not be the perfect solution for marriage counselling, but if this is the sort of thing he is taking away from it, i can definitely see it helping them.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I suppose I'm less optimistic about Cullen's tweet than everyone else. Cullen could easily vlog his feelings and convey them in a more forward and clear way for everyone, but instead he writes a disjointed tweet about it. If we don't see him vlog about it, or any changes right away, then I'll assume he had a sentimental moment after a night of drinking. I don't think it's the church counselling that's helping because things have seemed to be getting worse instead of better since that started. I think he's taking a page out of Shay's book and all the tweets he's made over the past day or two, and he's making a play for his own sympathy.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I suppose I'm less optimistic about Cullen's tweet than everyone else. Cullen could easily vlog his feelings and convey them in a more forward and clear way for everyone, but instead he writes a disjointed tweet about it. If we don't see him vlog about it, or any changes right away, then I'll assume he had a sentimental moment after a night of drinking. I don't think it's the church counselling that's helping because things have seemed to be getting worse instead of better since that started. I think he's taking a page out of Shay's book and all the tweets he's made over the past day or two, and he's making a play for his own sympathy.
Shay came to mind as well when I read Cullen’s tweets. And those that follow the Shay drama know that the church counseling/rehab he did was no substitute for real actual counseling. And we don’t know C&K have been going to that class at church.

I respect that Cullen is acknowledging he has issues, but I just don’t see him doing anything substantial that would make significant changes in him.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

askeptichere wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I suppose I'm less optimistic about Cullen's tweet than everyone else. Cullen could easily vlog his feelings and convey them in a more forward and clear way for everyone, but instead he writes a disjointed tweet about it. If we don't see him vlog about it, or any changes right away, then I'll assume he had a sentimental moment after a night of drinking. I don't think it's the church counselling that's helping because things have seemed to be getting worse instead of better since that started. I think he's taking a page out of Shay's book and all the tweets he's made over the past day or two, and he's making a play for his own sympathy.
Shay came to mind as well when I read Cullen’s tweets. And those that follow the Shay drama know that the church counseling/rehab he did was no substitute for real actual counseling. And we don’t know C&K have been going to that class at church.

I respect that Cullen is acknowledging he has issues, but I just don’t see him doing anything substantial that would make significant changes in him.

I agree that church classes and rehab are no substitution for real therapy, and no we don't know that they have been going. It just seems like a deeper thought than "a sentimental moment after a night of drinking" to me. The tweets were worded in a way that sounds like this has been an ongoing thought process in his head, something that has been on his mind for some time. Not something that just POOF came to him.
Maybe i'm stupid for thinking that he is trying to work on himself and his relationships. But 6 months ago (or even 6 weeks ago) i couldnt see Cullen admitting to these feelings publicly. He may have not made a complete 180 and has become a changed man, but from the sound of it he's at least trying, and thats more than he was doing before. Issues like this take time to work out and over come. I'm the minority i know, but small steps are still steps and people can't just change over night..
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Hmm. I'm not quite sure what to make of the tweets....they did a sit down video not very long ago "admitting" to some issues and not much seems to have changed.
If he is seriously going to make an effort then good, but I'll wait to see if it happens.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”