True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyNightmaresBeforeChristmas Part #98

Unread post by cat9480 »

queentee20 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Maybe these comments get to me because I'm a mom and play video games but yes I'm a mom and play video games almost daily. Moms are allowed to have hobbies other than children. They have a freaking maid and gardener and papa for house repairs. I would play video games way more often if I had their life hell yes! It is annoying that they complain about being busy. I'm sure they do spend a lot of time finding all these brand deals and sponsorships and filming stupid music videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course moms are allowed to have hobbies. It actually makes them better moms. But. Missy (not you, I'm sure) would rather play video games or Bubble Witch on her phone than interact with her children. And that isn't healthy. She was actually playing horse with Finn (likely only for show) and her phone was still in her hand. Those kids spend way too much time in front of screens. Instead of taking them to a park when they have been "cooped up all day", they bought them expensive toys. She doesn't cook for them, clean her house, or do any yard work. Ollie didn't know his colors, numbers or letters and had a terrible speech delay until he started school. His speech is still behind. Nobody has said that a mom can't play videogames or have hobbies. But their "work" only takes a few hours of their day, she has time to get "beat Bryan" on a video game, and yet they're "so busy"? Not buying it.
It's best not to take things we say about B&M personally. It's a safe bet that you spend time with your children and put them before your videogames, and that your idea of being busy and theirs differ widely.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ImmomSD always comes through with the wisdom! Thank you for saying what I couldn’t lol. I hate when people take things so personally here we are talking about Missy and Bryan, if you take offense to that then maybe something is wrong with you (insecurities being triggered?). Sorry for being rude but I get tired of people getting all defensive here, its like we can’t say or talk about anything without someone attacking someone else or making a huge deal of something so little. And it’s not just here, it’s in like every thread I read *eyeroll* ... I don’t have kids so if I say something dumb about parenting and offend you I apologize, I am truly ignorant in that subject so please stop taking it personally! I’m sure if I ever have kids I’ll be able to relate to everyone better
I don’t think MommaLindsay seemed like she was getting particularly offended or defensive...she was just adding another perspective into the mix Image I think things get lost in translation easily when things are written instead of spoken. A lot of times posters get pegged as taking things too personally or attacking when they just want to express a different perspective. (And, this is not an attack on anything you just said, just some friendly discussion. I agree that some people definitely do get a little crazy sometimes Image)

100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

cat9480 wrote:
queentee20 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Of course moms are allowed to have hobbies. It actually makes them better moms. But. Missy (not you, I'm sure) would rather play video games or Bubble Witch on her phone than interact with her children. And that isn't healthy. She was actually playing horse with Finn (likely only for show) and her phone was still in her hand. Those kids spend way too much time in front of screens. Instead of taking them to a park when they have been "cooped up all day", they bought them expensive toys. She doesn't cook for them, clean her house, or do any yard work. Ollie didn't know his colors, numbers or letters and had a terrible speech delay until he started school. His speech is still behind. Nobody has said that a mom can't play videogames or have hobbies. But their "work" only takes a few hours of their day, she has time to get "beat Bryan" on a video game, and yet they're "so busy"? Not buying it.
It's best not to take things we say about B&M personally. It's a safe bet that you spend time with your children and put them before your videogames, and that your idea of being busy and theirs differ widely.

ImmomSD always comes through with the wisdom! Thank you for saying what I couldn’t lol. I hate when people take things so personally here we are talking about Missy and Bryan, if you take offense to that then maybe something is wrong with you (insecurities being triggered?). Sorry for being rude but I get tired of people getting all defensive here, its like we can’t say or talk about anything without someone attacking someone else or making a huge deal of something so little. And it’s not just here, it’s in like every thread I read *eyeroll* ... I don’t have kids so if I say something dumb about parenting and offend you I apologize, I am truly ignorant in that subject so please stop taking it personally! I’m sure if I ever have kids I’ll be able to relate to everyone better
I don’t think MommaLindsay seemed like she was getting particularly offended or defensive...she was just adding another perspective into the mix Image I think things get lost in translation easily when things are written instead of spoken. A lot of times posters get pegged as taking things too personally or attacking when they just want to express a different perspective. (And, this is not an attack on anything you just said, just some friendly discussion. I agree that some people definitely do get a little crazy sometimes Image)

Agreed. I don't think she took it to personally at all. She was just sharing her view. Just because someone has a different opinion based on their experiences doesn't mean they're insecure or "triggered".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

DailyNightmaresBeforeChristmas Part #98

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

cat9480 wrote:
queentee20 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Of course moms are allowed to have hobbies. It actually makes them better moms. But. Missy (not you, I'm sure) would rather play video games or Bubble Witch on her phone than interact with her children. And that isn't healthy. She was actually playing horse with Finn (likely only for show) and her phone was still in her hand. Those kids spend way too much time in front of screens. Instead of taking them to a park when they have been "cooped up all day", they bought them expensive toys. She doesn't cook for them, clean her house, or do any yard work. Ollie didn't know his colors, numbers or letters and had a terrible speech delay until he started school. His speech is still behind. Nobody has said that a mom can't play videogames or have hobbies. But their "work" only takes a few hours of their day, she has time to get "beat Bryan" on a video game, and yet they're "so busy"? Not buying it.

I agree. There is definitely a divide on a lot of the boards between those who are mothers and those who have an idea of what motherhood should be like. Missy herself had all kinds of ideas about the kind of mother she would be, but look how quickly that changed when she realized the amount of work she had to put in! I definitely agree that Missy spends too much time on her phone, building Lego, etc, but I don't think this means that mothers can't enjoy themselves.

These boards are for discussion and different perspectives are often a part of this. If the more veteran posters are taking offence to some of the comments made by newer posters, then maybe it's the tone of the posts? Trying to dismiss someone's comment by saying they are "triggered" all the time is just immature and divisive. Most of us aren't Bryan and Missy fans, but this doesn't mean we are going to make only hate posts either and not offer a different perspective when we have one.
Last edited by HelloSweetie on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

100midas wrote:
cat9480 wrote:
queentee20 wrote: ImmomSD always comes through with the wisdom! Thank you for saying what I couldn’t lol. I hate when people take things so personally here we are talking about Missy and Bryan, if you take offense to that then maybe something is wrong with you (insecurities being triggered?). Sorry for being rude but I get tired of people getting all defensive here, its like we can’t say or talk about anything without someone attacking someone else or making a huge deal of something so little. And it’s not just here, it’s in like every thread I read *eyeroll* ... I don’t have kids so if I say something dumb about parenting and offend you I apologize, I am truly ignorant in that subject so please stop taking it personally! I’m sure if I ever have kids I’ll be able to relate to everyone better

Agreed. I don't think she took it to personally at all. She was just sharing her view. Just because someone has a different opinion based on their experiences doesn't mean they're insecure or "triggered".

Maybe I shouldn't have said that about taking it personally. I didn't think she was upset, really. I was just adding a general caveat. We all filter things through our own perspective. Our experiences and lifestyles affect what we think of different things vloggers do. So in some ways we all take things personally. We compare our lives to theirs, and sometimes when people say something about a habit we have ourselves it's hard not to say "Hey! I do that! And I am not a bad parent!" So I was just saying...
If I sounded snotty to MommaLindsey, I apologise!

Lagorda_12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lagorda_12 »

Can someone please tell me what vlog was missy playing with Finn with the phone on her hand??

spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

queentee20 wrote:Out of curiosity, how has the tone of the thread changed? Do you think it has to do with the shift of content M&B produce? Maybe things seem different now because it’s different content people are now commenting on? I’m going to go read old threads now lol
A lot of what’s more touchy feely now was perfectly fine before. I think it’s mostly about stuff like weight but that’s just my opinion. I used to post a lot in thread the 20something threads and I only just came back but that’s what comes to mind.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Yeah I'm not too offended by the video game comment, I know lots of moms who play video games or do various other hobbies. Just offering perspective and the opinion. Bryan does most of the work with the channel, filming, editing, making connections. Missy is home all day with nothing to do. I think 1-2 hours a day or even more of video games is the least of her problems. She was dismissive of the kids before she was even into video games. Don't worry she'll put the switch down in the next few days and it will collect dust, she will be onto the next hobby.

Lisalisa
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Lisalisa »

Did anyone else notice the hospital ID band on missys wrist in her Insta story. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 7ef505.jpg[/img]

Lisalisa
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Lisalisa »

Lisalisa wrote:Did anyone else notice the hospital ID band on missys wrist in her Insta story. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 7ef505.jpg[/img]

Wait nevermind it's her watch ImageImage

webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Lisalisa wrote:Did anyone else notice the hospital ID band on missys wrist in her Insta story. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 7ef505.jpg[/img]

Or is it her iPhone watch band? It’s hard to tell!

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

queentee20 wrote:I She said she’s CRIED over how busy SHE is, but honestly, what does she have to cry over?
She's so spoiled and sheltered that she thinks her life is hard. Anything that requires effort (like caring for her pets and children) is now a chore. She used to be a better pet owner and parent, so she knows what she's supposed to be doing. My guess is she feels like shit because she realizes all the mistakes she's making and how hypocritical she is..... she's just still too lazy to do anything about it.
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

HelloSweetie wrote:
queentee20 wrote:I She said she’s CRIED over how busy SHE is, but honestly, what does she have to cry over?
She's so spoiled and sheltered that she thinks her life is hard. Anything that requires effort (like caring for her pets and children) is now a chore. She used to be a better pet owner and parent, so she knows what she's supposed to be doing. My guess is she feels like shit because she realizes all the mistakes she's making and how hypocritical she is..... she's just still too lazy to do anything about it.
Finding a website for realistic views is hard work!
I don’t think she shed a tear at all, it was probably so the minions come out and defend her and swarm people out of comments bc the queen is sad lol. I agree with what you’re saying though, I think Missy kinda knows where she’s gone wrong and cannot see things going uphill from where she is now. Which could lead to the attempt to redo her channel.

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Yeah, it would be one thing if she was a great mom who played video games to unwind. Having “me time” is a healthy way to relax and that would be fine. But it is hard to hear about her being sucked into video games (or legos or her phone whatever the hobby of the week is) for hours on end when she is forgetting to close the chicken coop and her dog is going missing and her kids can’t speak correctly. She can’t prioritize. That’s the issue - neglecting her responsibilities in favor of gaming - not the fact that she plays them.

I’m so curious about this whole channel redesign thing!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

webbygurl626 wrote:

Or is it her iPhone watch band? It’s hard to tell!

Just gotta say that it cracks me up that she is suddenly posting herself reading to them at bedtime. Anyone else want to bet that's something she picked up from Kelsey? I mean, if she is actually doing it regularly, and it's not just for show, I'm glad she's doing it.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Disclaimer- I was recently diagnosed with ADHD, so I might just be hypersensitive to this right now.

Most people associate ADHD with hyper little kids, but it presents completely differently with adult women. After learning a lot about it due to my own situation, I see a TON of those traits in Missy.
The forgetfulness, losing stuff, becoming overwhelmed with seemingly simple tasks, becoming obsessed with something new, only to abandon it when it becomes challenging or boring. Always needing distraction (like being attached to her phone), unorganized, unable to complete tasks.
She ticks a lot of boxes.
Not that it matters. It’s not like she would ever seek out a diagnosis, let alone treatment. She prefers being utterly dependent on other people so that nothing is ever her responsibility.

:roll:
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Why does her food always look so bland? And facetiming her mom.. Mimi should have said add some color to make it seem less barfy
That huge pan for three tiny chicken tenders.. New kitchen remodel when she smokes out the great room

How sad cassie picked ollie up during lunch.. For what? To loaf around with the others

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

onbreak wrote:What happened to swim? Baby music classes?
Poor Finn has no life
Can't even get a park day in on those beautiful sunny so cal days... Well maybe he can since she beat the game ...hell.. I'm sure they have another one coming from Amazon asap

I feel like they might have stopped showing it because it's not summer anymore. Kind of like they stopped showing SICK swimming compilations. Or they just saw how over it we are here lol!
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

lmmomSD wrote:
100midas wrote:
cat9480 wrote: I don’t think MommaLindsay seemed like she was getting particularly offended or defensive...she was just adding another perspective into the mix Image I think things get lost in translation easily when things are written instead of spoken. A lot of times posters get pegged as taking things too personally or attacking when they just want to express a different perspective. (And, this is not an attack on anything you just said, just some friendly discussion. I agree that some people definitely do get a little crazy sometimes Image)

Maybe I shouldn't have said that about taking it personally. I didn't think she was upset, really. I was just adding a general caveat. We all filter things through our own perspective. Our experiences and lifestyles affect what we think of different things vloggers do. So in some ways we all take things personally. We compare our lives to theirs, and sometimes when people say something about a habit we have ourselves it's hard not to say "Hey! I do that! And I am not a bad parent!" So I was just saying...
If I sounded snotty to MommaLindsey, I apologise!

I don't want to drag this conversation on but I just wanted to clarify that we (or at least I) were talking about what queentee20 said, not what you said. Your post didn't sound snotty at all.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

onbreak wrote:What happened to swim? Baby music classes?
Poor Finn has no life
Can't even get a park day in on those beautiful sunny so cal days... Well maybe he can since she beat the game ...hell.. I'm sure they have another one coming from Amazon asap

I do wonder why they stopped swim lessons. Finn was ni dire need of them and Ollie could really go places with his swimming if they kept it up. But of course summer will come back around and Ollie will still be amazing and Finn will be bobbing around in his floaty with no supervision except for Missy talking to the camera on a lounge chair about how great of a swimmer Ollie is and how Finn just isn't ever as good as Ollie. The classes were indoor, in a heated pool and they love in "suuuuny suuuuthern California!!!" they have no excuse as to why they can't take the boys in the off season. It would be a great reason to get them out of the house and DOING something too.
ewitsme
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ewitsme »

ever since finn got a haircut hes been acting way more like a toddler !!
:toss:

Return to “Daily Bumps”