C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:I suppose I'm less optimistic about Cullen's tweet than everyone else. Cullen could easily vlog his feelings and convey them in a more forward and clear way for everyone, but instead he writes a disjointed tweet about it. If we don't see him vlog about it, or any changes right away, then I'll assume he had a sentimental moment after a night of drinking. I don't think it's the church counselling that's helping because things have seemed to be getting worse instead of better since that started. I think he's taking a page out of Shay's book and all the tweets he's made over the past day or two, and he's making a play for his own sympathy.
Yeah. I am taking a wait and see tack. He can tweet and talk until he's blue in the face. We'll see if he changes anything. I am sure he got a lot of tweets back saying how wonderful he is, and what a great husband and father. For some of these people, Twitter seems to be the latest manipulation tool. "Love me! Tell me I'm amazing!" Shay is doing it right now. Bryan is a master at it. Cullen and Katie talk a good game. They're good at seeing what their issues are. But I haven't seen a whole lot of action. Possible skin cancer? Still laying out at the beach. Disorganized? "We'll do better when we get into the new house". Still disorganized? "Now that the kids are in MDO, we'll get organized" Not happening yet.
Personal: my ex read "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus", and thought it was _amazing_. Thing was though, he used it to excuse his behavior, rather than learning anything about how to approach me. He seemed to have missed that part. So when I said something he did bothered me, he would come back with "It's just how I am, because I am a guy. See? Says so right here" (paraphrasing). Don't know what that has to do with anything, except that the tweets kinda sounded like that to me. "I didn't have a good role model!" But now he has Granddoc, and you learn and change. I don't blame my horrible housekeeping on my mom's. Although I suppose growing up in a messy house made me less bothered by it. At a certain point you have to say it's your own responsibility to act the way you should. There are plenty of resources for those who don't have role models.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by askeptichere »

I'm halfway through today's vlog. Cullen is ANGRY. They're considering giving the cats away. It seems like they have a plan after seeing the vet, but if it doesn't work, they'll re-home them.

I don't know anything about cats. I've never wanted one because these are the things most of the people I know who do have cats complain about. Seems to come with the territory.
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

They will completely change my opinion of them if they get rid of those cats. I like them. I like them a lot. But I don't mess around with people rehoming pets out of convience.

Maybe I'm over the top, but my pets are my family. Unless one of them hurt someone I love I could never get rid of them. It pains me to think of someone taking them or them getting lost. They drive me up a wall but I love them too much.

When you give a pet a home you change their whole world. And giving them away takes everything they know away. Their pack and their territory are gone, and I could literally cry thinking about how sad they would be if you leave and never come back.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

askeptichere wrote:I'm halfway through today's vlog. Cullen is ANGRY. They're considering giving the cats away. It seems like they have a plan after seeing the vet, but if it doesn't work, they'll re-home them.

I don't know anything about cats. I've never wanted one because these are the things most of the people I know who do have cats complain about. Seems to come with the territory.
And if they're as bad as Cullen feels why would they give the cats to Katie's parents?? They have waaaaaay nicer things in their home for the cats to ruin.

After watching today I fully believe they're at fault for the cat pee issue. I don't have a cat, we did have two growing up, but even I know that one box in that home with two cats is not going to cut it. They don't have their own space, no toys, not much attention, multiple dogs and children. No wonder the cats are acting out!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

They have not tried everything... they have barely tried anything! One large box is not enough for two cats. After all this time they didn't even think to buy a second box and put it in a different area? That's like the first thing most owners would try if they were having issues. I was glad to ear that Katie said she wasn't "there yet" in terms of giving up, but it's clear Cullen is. Seems like she's giving up more and more these days to make him happy. That's what I keep seeing on vlogs, and that's what has me believing he has no desire to change. He wasn't Katie to keep changing to make his life easier.
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
askeptichere wrote:I'm halfway through today's vlog. Cullen is ANGRY. They're considering giving the cats away. It seems like they have a plan after seeing the vet, but if it doesn't work, they'll re-home them.

And if they're as bad as Cullen feels why would they give the cats to Katie's parents?? They have waaaaaay nicer things in their home for the cats to ruin.

After watching today I fully believe they're at fault for the cat pee issue. I don't have a cat, we did have two growing up, but even I know that one box in that home with two cats is not going to cut it. They don't have their own space, no toys, not much attention, multiple dogs and children. No wonder the cats are acting out!
Yep. I've never had cats but I think it's safe to assume that not all cats have this problem (otherwise no one would want cats!). Something about their environment is stressing them out (or multiple things). I have no sympathy for pet owners who take the easy way out and get rid of their pets instead of doing some critical thinking.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Also, when I was growing up we had two cats. And a dog. The cats had multiple boxes, on different levels of our home. And they had a room that the dog couldn't get to (baby gated off) so the cats could always go there to go potty or just escape for awhile.
It worked extremely well.

I feel like this cat pee issue is just an excuse for Cullen to let off some anger.
Hopefully they try the things the vet suggested. And by try I mean actually try and stick to, not like their fad diets and making Gaines touch instead of interrupt.
If they rehome the cats I won't watch anymore. They have not tried everything. Not even close.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Someone commented on the vlog (not me) that maybe the cats were picking up on Katie's tension. I could definitely see this being a contributing factor with what many of us are sensing between the two of them in the vlogs.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:Someone commented on the vlog (not me) that maybe the cats were picking up on Katie's tension. I could definitely see this being a contributing factor with what many of us are sensing between the two of them in the vlogs.

That's a very good point. Especially since they seem more attached to Katie, they freaked out when she was pregnant even.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Maybe they don't like the way Cullen has changed. Which I guess is probably the same as reacting to Katie's stress.
I had a cat who, when he didn't like a boyfriend of mine, would take a dump on the bed. He was a good cat in every other way, and that was the only time he ever made a mess. And he was always right. The guys he liked, even if it didn't work romantically, we stayed friends. The guys he didn't, turned out to be douches. It got to be a joke with my friends, when I was dating a new guy-- "Did he pass the cat test?"
If they haven't even tried getting more litter boxes, then they haven't "tried everything". Wouldn't that be the first thing to occur to most people? And I agree, giving them to Katie's parents, with their beautiful home, seems like a terrible idea!

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

lmmomSD wrote:Maybe they don't like the way Cullen has changed. Which I guess is probably the same as reacting to Katie's stress.
I had a cat who, when he didn't like a boyfriend of mine, would take a dump on the bed. He was a good cat in every other way, and that was the only time he ever made a mess. And he was always right. The guys he liked, even if it didn't work romantically, we stayed friends. The guys he didn't, turned out to be douches. It got to be a joke with my friends, when I was dating a new guy-- "Did he pass the cat test?"
If they haven't even tried getting more litter boxes, then they haven't "tried everything". Wouldn't that be the first thing to occur to most people? And I agree, giving them to Katie's parents, with their beautiful home, seems like a terrible idea!

He lied in his twitter rant because when people were telling him to get more boxes he said they had 2 boxes already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Okay I came to comment on the cat thing but I see that a lot of you have already said it, haha. In my experience, a cat (especially a cat that you have had for YEARS) that is going to the bathroom outside of the litter box is trying to let you know that something is wrong - that they are unhappy in some way. Whether it be an emotional issue or environmental, it's their way of telling you that they're upset and it's your job to figure out what that problem is and fix it...not get rid of them. Cats are smart. They aren't "bad" cats because they're doing that; they're unhappy cats. If they were to give them away, it would likely just exacerbate the issues anyway. :/

I agree, if they gave them up (especially that easily) because of this, I would stop watching as well. That's just pure heartlessness imo.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Okay I came to comment on the cat thing but I see that a lot of you have already said it, haha. In my experience, a cat (especially a cat that you have had for YEARS) that is going to the bathroom outside of the litter box is trying to let you know that something is wrong - that they are unhappy in some way. Whether it be an emotional issue or environmental, it's their way of telling you that they're upset and it's your job to figure out what that problem is and fix it...not get rid of them. Cats are smart. They aren't "bad" cats because they're doing that; they're unhappy cats. If they were to give them away, it would likely just exacerbate the issues anyway. :/

I agree, if they gave them up (especially that easily) because of this, I would stop watching as well. That's just pure heartlessness imo.
Exactly. Giving the cats to Granddolly is NOT going to fix the problem. It's just going to give Granddolly two upset kitties to pee all over _her_ house.
And I can't believe he lied like that. "We already tried that". No. If you have one litter box upstairs, you didn't try it. Unless they tried it once, for a few days and it wasn't a quick fix, so they gave up? Remember how he used to joke about making Katie clean the litter box when she was pregnant? Maybe he got lazy about cleaning the box when Katie was pregnant with Gaines, and _that's_ what started it...

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Haven't watched the vlog yet (lol, what else is new?) but I've been a cat owner for YEARS. We have one male neutered cat and ever since we brought home our baby 1.5 years ago, he poops outside his clean litter box on the carpet multiple times a week. Yeah, we know he's unhappy because he's not getting the attention he was before his little sister came along but sorry dude, we can't just return her.

Now, I thought it was common sense that each cat have their own litter box? But also, didn't he say the cats started doing this when Katie became pregnant? So they weren't doing this before... but yes, if it's been going on for a few years now, the cats are unhappy about something and pretty sure it must be the kids...
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Okay I came to comment on the cat thing but I see that a lot of you have already said it, haha. In my experience, a cat (especially a cat that you have had for YEARS) that is going to the bathroom outside of the litter box is trying to let you know that something is wrong - that they are unhappy in some way. Whether it be an emotional issue or environmental, it's their way of telling you that they're upset and it's your job to figure out what that problem is and fix it...not get rid of them. Cats are smart. They aren't "bad" cats because they're doing that; they're unhappy cats. If they were to give them away, it would likely just exacerbate the issues anyway. :/

Exactly. Giving the cats to Granddolly is NOT going to fix the problem. It's just going to give Granddolly two upset kitties to pee all over _her_ house.
And I can't believe he lied like that. "We already tried that". No. If you have one litter box upstairs, you didn't try it. Unless they tried it once, for a few days and it wasn't a quick fix, so they gave up? Remember how he used to joke about making Katie clean the litter box when she was pregnant? Maybe he got lazy about cleaning the box when Katie was pregnant with Gaines, and _that's_ what started it...

Katie admitted to leaving the litter box dirty for days because she didn’t want to go to the trouble of cleaning it so put it off.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:Haven't watched the vlog yet (lol, what else is new?) but I've been a cat owner for YEARS. We have one male neutered cat and ever since we brought home our baby 1.5 years ago, he poops outside his clean litter box on the carpet multiple times a week. Yeah, we know he's unhappy because he's not getting the attention he was before his little sister came along but sorry dude, we can't just return her.

Now, I thought it was common sense that each cat have their own litter box? But also, didn't he say the cats started doing this when Katie became pregnant? So they weren't doing this before... but yes, if it's been going on for a few years now, the cats are unhappy about something and pretty sure it must be the kids...

I don't think it's necessarily the kids. Katie said it had stopped/gotten better after she had Gaines, then started up again when she got pregnant (that was once of her first clues to being pregnant even).
It seems like when there's a change with Katie the cats react. Like someone above said it could be as simple as they know Katie is unhappy and stressed and they're reacting to that energy.
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

I hadn't gotten to the point of being put off with C&K until now. I could maybe understand the original rant if they had actually tried everything thing, I still don't think that was warented though. There was no reason to lie when viewers gave suggestions. I haven't been watching them much lately anyway, but if they give away the cats I probably won't go back to watching them regularly at all.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I don't think it's necessarily the kids. Katie said it had stopped/gotten better after she had Gaines, then started up again when she got pregnant (that was once of her first clues to being pregnant even).
It seems like when there's a change with Katie the cats react. Like someone above said it could be as simple as they know Katie is unhappy and stressed and they're reacting to that energy.
That's also true and could be true about how Katie is reacting but I think it could also be the cause of the loud/whiny Brooks. Cats don't like loud noises and sudden/quick movement and we all know how loud that child is. Gaines was never like that so the cats didn't seem to be as bad about relieving themselves outside the box.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I can't believe they hadn't even started changing their ONE box daily! Like they kept saying, Whittaker is a big cat, so I can only imagine how dirty that box was at the end of even one day. I have three cats with three boxes and have to scoop every night.

It's like they put off the cat issues just like everything else and went crazy trying to play "catch up" on being good pet owners. Like many owners they were really great before hey had kids, but the novelty has worn off and now they are doing bare minimum.

And no, they don't get ass pats from me for at least taking them to their regular appointment. One of the cats could have had a UTI weeks ago
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Those cats have been through tons of changes it's no wonder they are peeing everywhere. They had a new baby who is still very loud and overwhelming. They got a huge new house. They got rid of all the things the cats were used to. They used to always be on that cat tree in the dining room able to look out the window or the bench in the kitchen looking out the window. They do have the screened in porch now but cats like being up high. They also lost their little ball toy that the cats always played with. I hope all the changes they are making work and the cats are happier. They are older cats and probably wouldn't do well rehomed. I don't know why they would think moving them to Katie's mom's house would work.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”