C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I finally got around to finishing the vlog and WOW!!! Are they saying they didn't have any of that stuff to begin with??? No beds or toys?? I thought they were stingy for only giving the cats wet food once a week!

Maybe my cats are spoiled (because they have beds, toys and get treats), but I think they were flat out neglecting their cats.

I think they also should have tried Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter. I swear by the regular Dr. Elsey's litter, so the cat attract litter - which is specifically for cats with litter box problems - is worth a shot.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

ewokfan11 wrote:I finally got around to finishing the vlog and WOW!!! Are they saying they didn't have any of that stuff to begin with??? No beds or toys?? I thought they were stingy for only giving the cats wet food once a week!

Maybe my cats are spoiled (because they have beds, toys and get treats), but I think they were flat out neglecting their cats.

I think they also should have tried Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter. I swear by the regular Dr. Elsey's litter, so the cat attract litter - which is specifically for cats with litter box problems - is worth a shot.

They used to. But after the move they never bothered to unpack them.
Throw the cats in a strange, much bigger new house, their people are gone travelling much of the time shortly after, dont bother unpacking any of the cats items...no wonder they're peeing on things!
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

Off topic: I’ve only been a cat owner for a year after being a dog only person . My cat has two litter boxes because when I got him I read it was one per cat and one extra. We bought covered ones but quickly learned he hated those. Bought pan liners to make my life easier he hated those two. Instead of being frustrated I just found and did what he seemed most comfortable with. We have some very nice scratch posts that blend with our living areas in 3 different rooms. If you’re willing to spend the money they have some beautiful ones! He also has scratch board in every room of our house except the kitchen. He also has plenty of toys that we switch out because apparently they get bored and boredom leads to them getting in trouble. It’s a hassle to scoop those boxes daily and change out the litter every Sunday but it’s how I try to keep him from messing up my house. All that to say pets, kids, jobs, families, relationships take work and time and effort! Not every now and then but consistently!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

beautynoob wrote:Off topic: I’ve only been a cat owner for a year after being a dog only person . My cat has two litter boxes because when I got him I read it was one per cat and one extra. We bought covered ones but quickly learned he hated those. Bought pan liners to make my life easier he hated those two. Instead of being frustrated I just found and did what he seemed most comfortable with. We have some very nice scratch posts that blend with our living areas in 3 different rooms. If you’re willing to spend the money they have some beautiful ones! He also has scratch board in every room of our house except the kitchen. He also has plenty of toys that we switch out because apparently they get bored and boredom leads to them getting in trouble. It’s a hassle to scoop those boxes daily and change out the litter every Sunday but it’s how I try to keep him from messing up my house. All that to say pets, kids, jobs, families, relationships take work and time and effort! Not every now and then but consistently!

All the things C&K have been struggling with lately... because of their lack of time management and laziness.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

askeptichere wrote:
beautynoob wrote:Off topic: I’ve only been a cat owner for a year after being a dog only person . My cat has two litter boxes because when I got him I read it was one per cat and one extra. We bought covered ones but quickly learned he hated those. Bought pan liners to make my life easier he hated those two. Instead of being frustrated I just found and did what he seemed most comfortable with. We have some very nice scratch posts that blend with our living areas in 3 different rooms. If you’re willing to spend the money they have some beautiful ones! He also has scratch board in every room of our house except the kitchen. He also has plenty of toys that we switch out because apparently they get bored and boredom leads to them getting in trouble. It’s a hassle to scoop those boxes daily and change out the litter every Sunday but it’s how I try to keep him from messing up my house. All that to say pets, kids, jobs, families, relationships take work and time and effort! Not every now and then but consistently!

All the things C&K have been struggling with lately... because of their lack of time management and laziness.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!!
This is so true. I almost hope they read here and we're able to let this sink in. Katie anyways, Cullen might be too arrogant to realize the truth to this statement.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I suppose I'm less optimistic about Cullen's tweet than everyone else. Cullen could easily vlog his feelings and convey them in a more forward and clear way for everyone, but instead he writes a disjointed tweet about it. If we don't see him vlog about it, or any changes right away, then I'll assume he had a sentimental moment after a night of drinking. I don't think it's the church counselling that's helping because things have seemed to be getting worse instead of better since that started. I think he's taking a page out of Shay's book and all the tweets he's made over the past day or two, and he's making a play for his own sympathy.
Shay came to mind as well when I read Cullen’s tweets. And those that follow the Shay drama know that the church counseling/rehab he did was no substitute for real actual counseling. And we don’t know C&K have been going to that class at church.

I respect that Cullen is acknowledging he has issues, but I just don’t see him doing anything substantial that would make significant changes in him.

I agree that church classes and rehab are no substitution for real therapy, and no we don't know that they have been going. It just seems like a deeper thought than "a sentimental moment after a night of drinking" to me. The tweets were worded in a way that sounds like this has been an ongoing thought process in his head, something that has been on his mind for some time. Not something that just POOF came to him.
Maybe i'm stupid for thinking that he is trying to work on himself and his relationships. But 6 months ago (or even 6 weeks ago) i couldnt see Cullen admitting to these feelings publicly. He may have not made a complete 180 and has become a changed man, but from the sound of it he's at least trying, and thats more than he was doing before. Issues like this take time to work out and over come. I'm the minority i know, but small steps are still steps and people can't just change over night..
I was about to say 2 steps forward one step back.

Agent7
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Agent7 »

I'm SO irritated about the treatment of the poor cats. Like they have had an issue for going on 4 years and they haven't really addressed it (or if they have they regressed in their attentions because the vet had to re-give them all the common tips)? A quick google search would tell them they needed more than one litter box. At least one per cat, although if there are issues you should have at least one extra to encourage use. And they should be scooped daily (or more if there is a problem). Cats get territorial about their box. Also not having favorite toys? What? And the fact that they said 'oh well maybe they need their own space' - wait the cats don't have somewhere they know is safe from toddlers and dogs? No wonder they are using the bathroom everywhere in a desperate attempt to mark their own territory. Cats, like people, deserve their own space to feel safe. And they were going to get a new scratcher - I haven't watched every video but do they not have one? Each cat should have their own, scratching is another way to mark territory and not all cats want to share. A cardboard one is like $5 or less. We have four scratchers for two cats (who share) and I still want a few more.

And I get where litter box issues are a huge problem, its the most common reason cats are surrendered to the humane society where I got my two cats from. And if you have honestly and truly tried everything (and that includes the more expensive and time consuming fixes, pets can be expensive) and it is a continuing problem then I can sympathize with someone being overwhelmed and making the choice to give their cats up. But not closing doors, adding extra boxes, getting the anti anxiety pheromones, cat attraction litter, toys, extra scratchers, and cat only hiding places (towers, shelves, etc) mean that you are a lazy pet owner.

Ugh, sorry for the rant. Its just I can't with people and I don't have anything better to do because my cat is napping on me and I can't get up. And also, I don't understand why youtubers talk about their pet ownership so much - its so easy for people to find issue with it (just like raising children). Even though I feel like I'm a halfway decent cat owner with two happy kitties I wouldn't want to open myself up to critique.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Yeah I rolled my eyes at the door thing. Like... okay but its not difficult or inconvenient in any way to keep your doors closed. I'd say that would have zero impact on the way you live your life.
"That's not how we want to live"? It's not like they're talking about something major, or talking about locking people out of rooms. That's just weird.
Dogs love getting into bathroom trash. We closed our bathroom doors too to keep our old dog from getting into it. It's not a lifetstyle changer. What, they want "no closed doors in our house"? So when Cullen and Katie are getting dressed, the doors are open? Didn't he say something about going to the bathroom with Gaines in the room before too? I guess it takes all kinds. But I think a little privacy is a good thing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

My pets drive me crazy. One dog has ripped the carpet under every door and ruined it when he accidentally gets locked in a room. It's very frustrating but I cannot imagine getting rid of my pets. I hope Cullen is "joking" and would never really get rid of the cats.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

lmmomSD wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:Yeah I rolled my eyes at the door thing. Like... okay but its not difficult or inconvenient in any way to keep your doors closed. I'd say that would have zero impact on the way you live your life.
"That's not how we want to live"? It's not like they're talking about something major, or talking about locking people out of rooms. That's just weird.
Dogs love getting into bathroom trash. We closed our bathroom doors too to keep our old dog from getting into it. It's not a lifetstyle changer. What, they want "no closed doors in our house"? So when Cullen and Katie are getting dressed, the doors are open? Didn't he say something about going to the bathroom with Gaines in the room before too? I guess it takes all kinds. But I think a little privacy is a good thing.
Yeah, the door thing doesn't make any sense to me. Isn't the pee/poo issue with upstairs bedrooms when no one is in them?? Aren't they (K&C) downstairs most of the day? I don't see how it would change their lives in a negative way if the upstairs doors were closed. I started closing doors of unused rooms after my Siamese decided to knock a box full of nail polishes off the bathroom counter!

I think Cullen was just making excuse after excuse the other day and a lot of it was BS.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

In their video the other day, Gaines was picking up a cat. The two kids were chasing a cat. I wonder what is upsetting the cats.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Ducklings4 wrote:In their video the other day, Gaines was picking up a cat. The two kids were chasing a cat. I wonder what is upsetting the cats.

A few years ago there were viral videos of people throwing cucumbers at their cats to scare them. Of course Cullen copied it and kept doing it much longer than it would ever be funny. It was never funny anyway. I'm sure that didn't help the cats.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I thought this would finally be indefensible but nope, went to the comments and it's full of people saying they'd get rid of those cats, or applauding them for being such good pet owners. I didn't see much if any criticism.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

When I was watching, not long after they posted, it was full of critique and advise, and against the click bait and against throwing their cats away, and people saying the cats should eat wet food (I agree) and should be able to go outside (I agree). The critique comments got many likes as well (mine as well :p)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

lovingthisforum wrote:When I was watching, not long after they posted, it was full of critique and advise, and against the click bait and against throwing their cats away, and people saying the cats should eat wet food (I agree) and should be able to go outside (I agree). The critique comments got many likes as well (mine as well :p)
Are they still there? It will be interesting to see if they delete the comments.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

lovingthisforum wrote:When I was watching, not long after they posted, it was full of critique and advise, and against the click bait and against throwing their cats away, and people saying the cats should eat wet food (I agree) and should be able to go outside (I agree). The critique comments got many likes as well (mine as well :p)
I scrolled through them via the yt app and didn't see much criticism. I did however eventually just close the app because I was getting so mad at the people saying they should get rid of the cats to "do what's right for the family" so maybe I just didn't scroll down far enough
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

Throwing it out there: my cat hates wet food

Anyway, Cullen is an idiot. He is CONSTANTLY on the phone or the computer. You’re telling me he couldn’t do a quick google search and realize one litter box per floor (at minimum) in a huge house like theirs is highly recommended?

Cullen is a huuuuge douche. I’ve always liked Katie a lot and just somewhat tolerated Cullen (and even once upon a time admired his interactions with his kids) but I️ can’t stand watching this crap anymore! Neglecting your pets and then lying to your viewers claiming you’ve tried everything and then wanting to give them away? The first day I️ brought home our dog from the shelter, he got out of his cage while we slept and ATE THREE PAIRS OF MY EXPENSIVE SHOES. I️ cried. I️ yelled at my husband (lol) but I️ never once said I’d get rid of the dog. When I️ adopted him I️ made a LIFELONG COMMITMENT to him (other than if he was overly aggressive and bit someone) and I️ felt strongly about that from day 1. To own these cats for this long and decide (after not trying the most obvious things) that you’re going to get rid of them??? Talk about a heartless jerk.

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

lmmomSD wrote:
Are they still there? It will be interesting to see if they delete the comments.

I haven't looked back yet, maybe I will later. I wonder how many likes the positive comments got and how many positives there are now, it's strange the negative comments would have moved so far below that they aren't visible anymore, they had likes in the order of 25 and 16, maybe even 34, I forgot, I watched other videos and read comment sections after theirs. I wonder if they deleted my comment, which I couldn't check myself, because you always see your own comment even if it's deleted, due to this weird YT/Google rule....
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

These are the first two comments sorry me using the yt app[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 946026.jpg[/img]

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

formerctfxcer wrote:Throwing it out there: my cat hates wet food Image

Anyway, Cullen is an idiot. He is CONSTANTLY on the phone or the computer. You’re telling me he couldn’t do a quick google search and realize one litter box per floor (at minimum) in a huge house like theirs is highly recommended?

Cullen is a huuuuge douche. I’ve always liked Katie a lot and just somewhat tolerated Cullen (and even once upon a time admired his interactions with his kids) but I️ can’t stand watching this crap anymore! Neglecting your pets and then lying to your viewers claiming you’ve tried everything and then wanting to give them away? The first day I️ brought home our dog from the shelter, he got out of his cage while we slept and ATE THREE PAIRS OF MY EXPENSIVE SHOES. I️ cried. I️ yelled at my husband (lol) but I️ never once said I’d get rid of the dog. When I️ adopted him I️ made a LIFELONG COMMITMENT to him (other than if he was overly aggressive and bit someone) and I️ felt strongly about that from day 1. To own these cats for this long and decide (after not trying the most obvious things) that you’re going to get rid of them??? Talk about a heartless jerk.

Oh, don't get me started on dogs and shoes. Guess what? I closed my closet door so that after the first pair of beautiful expensive boots got eaten, no more did. With kids and pets, you have to change some of your "we don't want to live that way" ideas. It's called making a sacrifice for something you love. But obviously he doesn't love those cats. He just takes pleasure in messing with them for views. Cucumbers, making jokes about only feeding them once a week, etc. He likes messing with babies and animals, doesn't he? He carried the "where's Gaines?" game too far, he loves "helping Brooks confront his fears" (read: put anything he's afraid of in his face and laughing-- he's ONE, ffs).
Their views are tanking. I think they're deleting negative comments, because there weren't any on the drunken LSU game vlog. Just "we love you so much!". The only vlog to get many views lately was the "Relationship Counseling" vlog, which wasn't even what that vlog was about! No wonder he's pissed off. He's probably freaking out, and that's not helping the cats either.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”