C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

Unread post by wishes »

askeptichere wrote:On a different note, that cat diaper genie thing is so stupid. So instead of taking the cat poop right out to the garbage outside, let's collect it in a plastic bag in the house until it weighs 10 pounds. Barf. You know they'll let it fill up for a month or more before dealing with it.
I love my Diaper Genie for the exact same reason ;)
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I appreciated Katie's little rant about Brooks. I know that they often get flak for complaining too much, but it was actually refreshing to see her humbled and admitting that she doesn't know how to handle it, even despite her training and education.

It also makes me wonder if their more recent leniency with Gaines has been the result of being preoccupied with Brooks'...."issues" for lack of better words... haha. It kind of seems to correlate that they backed off of the whole "yes/no m'am" and "touch my arm when you need something" type of parenting around the same time Brooks' personality came into the picture.
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I appreciated Katie's little rant about Brooks. I know that they often get flak for complaining too much, but it was actually refreshing to see her humbled and admitting that she doesn't know how to handle it, even despite her training and education.

It also makes me wonder if their more recent leniency with Gaines has been the result of being preoccupied with Brooks'...."issues" for lack of better words... haha. It kind of seems to correlate that they backed off of the whole "yes/no m'am" and "touch my arm when you need something" type of parenting around the same time Brooks' personality came into the picture.
I agree with all of this! Also, it's not surprising that Brooks thinks being rough with other kids is playing. This is how Cullen plays with him!
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

The whole lip scene annoyed me and showed Cullen’s lack of parenting skills so to say (can’t think of a better explanation). Like Gaines was already upset and irritated, how well did he think playing doctor or putting a bandaid over her mouth was going to? He just stood there and escalated the situation. Was her lip some catastrophic injury? Not at all, but she was clearly upset and he didn’t help at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

iheartyt wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I appreciated Katie's little rant about Brooks. I know that they often get flak for complaining too much, but it was actually refreshing to see her humbled and admitting that she doesn't know how to handle it, even despite her training and education.

I agree with all of this! Also, it's not surprising that Brooks thinks being rough with other kids is playing. This is how Cullen plays with him!
Took the words out of my mouth! Cullen roughhouses with Brooks, jumps out with a mask on (in the guise of "helping him overcome his fears"), and is definitely rougher with him than he was with Gaines. Probably because "he's a boy, and boys are tougher".
I am not going to give her flak about complaining, believe it or not. I have always said that my problem with their complaining was that it was about "we're so busy and stressed planning parties and taking fun trips!" Not about things like how hard parenting two small children is, even with help, or trying to navigate a marriage. So this is relatable for me. Everyone has moments where they're exhausted and don't know what to do with their kids. And maybe I shouldn't be annoyed by their usual complaining, but the thing with the cats kinda shows that they whine first and take action later. I get that just because their usual problems aren't relatable to me doesn't make them invalid, but I just don't necessarily find it something I want to listen to.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Vlogging expectations:

Reality:

.....When you photoshop blood onto your crying child's face to generate an income..............

workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

The photoshopped thumbnail was low. Gaines did get hurt, but putting it for the title of the vlog and adding blood for effect - that's uncalled for. The last few days Cullen has been channeling Bryan to me and it's gag worthy. I frickin hate adults in those stupid ass onesies.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

workfromhomemom wrote:The photoshopped thumbnail was low. Gaines did get hurt, but putting it for the title of the vlog and adding blood for effect - that's uncalled for. The last few days Cullen has been channeling Bryan to me and it's gag worthy. I frickin hate adults in those stupid ass onesies.
My favorite is the "Is It Bleeding?" one. The thumbnail has Katie cuddling an obviously upset Gaines. Brooks scratched her while they were playing. It wasn't bleeding, and she was more mad than hurt. It's about 45 seconds of the vlog. But they got more views than usual. Over 100K. Like "Rushed to The Hospital!" When you have to imply that your child is seriously hurt to make a buck, you need to check your priorities.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Vlogging expectations:

Reality:

.....When you photoshop blood onto your crying child's face to generate an income..............

I’ll skip the video today.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

I want to know what goes through Cullen’s brain as he photoshops these thumbnails of his own children. “Just a little more blood here, needle emoji there... perfect. This looks dope, yo. This will bring in the views. I’m such a good dad.”

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

He’s posted the video of her falling on instagram. Does he think it will go viral?

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

He’s posted the video of her falling on instagram. Does he think it will go viral?

beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

That thumbnail is another low ... how will fans rationalize exploiting your child in that thumbnail I wonder
I’m not skipping that vlog because I stopped watching but that screenshot of the thumbnail vs reality someone posted says enough
Maybe they’ll go over their normal views?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Can I just say, looking through the recent vlog titles, (and maybe I am nitpicking) that "What if I'm Pregnant Next Time?" title irritated me? If she wants to talk about family planning and whether or not she's ready for another kid, that's one thing. But if she is not sure she's ready, (and I don't think she is) she is an adult and should be taking control of that. She doesn't have to do anything hormonal that will affect things if she suddenly decided to get pregnant. But this whole "What if I'm pregnant?" question makes it sound like she thinks she has no control. And she does. Maybe I am reading too much into a vlog title. But it's simple to me. If you're not sure you're ready, don't take chances. Use a condom. Get fitted for a diaphragm. It's fine to not be sure. It's fine to talk about how you're not sure you're ready. But "wow, what do I do if I'm like, pregnant next time I test?" makes me roll my eyes. The decision is in her hands.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

lmmomSD wrote:Can I just say, looking through the recent vlog titles, (and maybe I am nitpicking) that "What if I'm Pregnant Next Time?" title irritated me? If she wants to talk about family planning and whether or not she's ready for another kid, that's one thing. But if she is not sure she's ready, (and I don't think she is) she is an adult and should be taking control of that. She doesn't have to do anything hormonal that will affect things if she suddenly decided to get pregnant. But this whole "What if I'm pregnant?" question makes it sound like she thinks she has no control. And she does. Maybe I am reading too much into a vlog title. But it's simple to me. If you're not sure you're ready, don't take chances. Use a condom. Get fitted for a diaphragm. It's fine to not be sure. It's fine to talk about how you're not sure you're ready. But "wow, what do I do if I'm like, pregnant next time I test?" makes me roll my eyes. The decision is in her hands.

I agree with your general point, but in that vlog she was talking about what if she were pregnant next time she saw the Halloween decorations. So a year from now. That so much can change in a year. I assume they meant something would change their mind within the year to try and have a third baby, and it would be on the way by next October. But it does seem they leave a lot up to chance, and she’s worried a lot about suddenly becoming pregnant when there are obvious and simple measures to be taken to prevent that.

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Ugh, not the smartest idea to teach Brooks to jump off the couch onto the blow up mattress!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Can I just say, looking through the recent vlog titles, (and maybe I am nitpicking) that "What if I'm Pregnant Next Time?" title irritated me? If she wants to talk about family planning and whether or not she's ready for another kid, that's one thing. But if she is not sure she's ready, (and I don't think she is) she is an adult and should be taking control of that. She doesn't have to do anything hormonal that will affect things if she suddenly decided to get pregnant. But this whole "What if I'm pregnant?" question makes it sound like she thinks she has no control. And she does. Maybe I am reading too much into a vlog title. But it's simple to me. If you're not sure you're ready, don't take chances. Use a condom. Get fitted for a diaphragm. It's fine to not be sure. It's fine to talk about how you're not sure you're ready. But "wow, what do I do if I'm like, pregnant next time I test?" makes me roll my eyes. The decision is in her hands.

I agree with your general point, but in that vlog she was talking about what if she were pregnant next time she saw the Halloween decorations. So a year from now. That so much can change in a year. I assume they meant something would change their mind within the year to try and have a third baby, and it would be on the way by next October. But it does seem they leave a lot up to chance, and she’s worried a lot about suddenly becoming pregnant when there are obvious and simple measures to be taken to prevent that.

Gaaak. That's what I get for not watching the whole vlog. But still, recently when she woke Cullen up,. he was commenting about how she woke him up with a pregnancy test before (that weird prank where his first reaction was "But we haven't started the vlog yet!"). And he was worried that she had another pregnancy test. It sounds like Brooks is an awful lot to handle, and being pregnant now would not be a good idea, especially with their views going down. So I just think the NTNP method isn't the best idea for them right now. They're obviously under a lot of stress. The last thing they need to bring into that is a pregnancy, especially with the anxiety Katie gets until she is far enough along to feel safe and a new baby.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

askeptichere wrote:

Yeah she had also touched on the fact that putting away her Halloween (and pretty much any seasonal decorations) brings back the feelings she was having years before when she would put them up and take them down.. she would always wonder in the past "I wonder if I'll be pregnant or have a baby the next time i see these.."
I also agree that i hope they wait before getting pregnant again. i don't think Katie could handle it right now. The last thing they need is the stress of another pregnancy right now.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I don't think either of them are ready for another baby and I think they've made that pretty clear. I don't know why they have had a couple of scares though. I shouldn't talk, i have tested a few times over the years and my husband had a V several years ago! That may be what their scares were. By that I mean using protection, but getting a period late etc.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

workfromhomemom wrote:I don't think either of them are ready for another baby and I think they've made that pretty clear. I don't know why they have had a couple of scares though. I shouldn't talk, i have tested a few times over the years and my husband had a V several years ago! That may be what their scares were. By that I mean using protection, but getting a period late etc.
I _think_, and I'm betting PlaysinRain can tell us for sure, that when she surprised Cullen with the pregnancy test, she said she wasn't using anything but breastfeeding (which isn't foolproof) and that her periods are irregular so she tests herself occasionally just to check. And seeing how stressed out they are right now, and how worried Katie gets when she's first pregnant, I really don't think it's a good idea.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”