Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: "I can't believe it's not Tender!" Part #33

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Edenberry wrote:
glamour1225 wrote: I️ will never understand people PLANNING (more) kids when one partner still in school working towards their goal job and neither partner has stable, sufficient income to support them. Donate plasma? That makes me sad because if you have to be doing that to afford Christmas maybe wait to have kids/ more kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not always the best situation, but that was our case when we first got married. My husband was finishing his Civil Engineering degree (final semester), I was working full time as a Medical Assistant while also finishing class in the evenings for my certification. We knew we wanted children immediately (we were 25 at the time) and knew we would make it work. We had a small apt, low rent, minimal bills (no cable, phones, car payments, etc), so my salary paid our bills. My husband had a guaranteed job when he graduated, so we knew that was coming before our daughter was born. If you plan responsibly and work within your budget, a family is possible in a low income situation. We don't take on debt we can't afford to pay off immediately. I had health insurance that paid for the prenatal and birth, low deductible, and we qualified for some discounts based on income at the time. We managed and managed well.

We're in a much better financial situation now, 7 years later, and had we not planned as we did, we wouldn't be where we are now.

However...I know the above is the exception to the rule. A lot of people don't think that far ahead and wind up in a rut.
Edenberry, your situation is much more understandable imo. I think that really wanting to start your family, having a plan, and knowing that you can make it work is different than already having not one, not two, but three children, and planning and trying for a 4th while unemployed and unable to afford enough space in your home. To me, that just seems crazy and selfish to put your children and future child in that situation.

It's been discussed that E+J were TTC their first when they could only afford potatoes for food for the week (I might be exaggerating a bit there...but that's not too far off...lol), but I'm also more willing to be sympathetic in that situation because I understand wanting to start your family and knowing that you'll be able to make it work. (I still side eye them for that though, while I don't side eye your story at all.) But in both Julie and Ruby's cases, continuing to TTC multiple children when you clearly can't afford it is just something I will never be able to rationalize.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: E+J:

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

allie89 wrote:Does anyone else think a bedtime between 7 and 8 for the kids is very early? I always wondered why it was still bright outside when they put the kids to bed

It struck me as being insanely early, especially when I first started watching these family vlogs. It seemed oppressive to tuck kids in while the sun was so bright outside. But, that much sleep is apparently highly recommended.

I don't think my parents ever read any parenting advice or were familiar with other "good" parents. I can remember my parents taking me to the Shoney's breakfast buffet at midnight as a preschool-aged kid. I can't remember EVER going to bed before dark (though my brother was often sent to bed early for behavior). And having the visitation schedule we do (heavy weekend/holiday/breaks), my husband prioritized time spent with my stepgirl vs routine, which did entail some late nights. I'm sure that's controversial and wouldn't be good for many kids, but now that she's a busy teen, I stand by the decision. We once got pulled over and scolded (and breathalyzed) by a police officer for trying to take her to a "bar," which we thought was a restaurant that was just open late. The term "roadhouse" stopped meaning "a bar" to me sometime between Logan's Roadhouse and Texas Roadhouse.
loopdeloop
Informer
Informer

Unread post by loopdeloop »

allie89 wrote:Does anyone else think a bedtime between 7 and 8 for the kids is very early? I always wondered why it was still bright outside when they put the kids to bed

As others have said, it's totally normal for kids this age. My son is one month younger than Jackson and goes to bed at 7. My 13-month-old goes to bed at 7:30. Little ones usually need about 11 hours of sleep at night.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

E+J: "I can't believe it's not Tender!" Part #33

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

First off, I had to chuckle at the fact that the vlog is titled "WHY WE WENT TO CHINA (Ellie and Jared Travel Vlog)" (emphasis on "we" and "Ellie and Jared") uploaded onto the Ellie and Jared YouTube channel...with just Ellie, by herself, as the thumbnail. LOL. This is just getting out of hand. They must be trolling us.

The reason they were in China was because Ellie and Bonnie had "some business opportunities" that they were "looking into" and their friends came to "help out." Wtf? Can you guys get a little more vague, please? Although it was the title of the vlog and I should've been expecting to find out the reason you went to China, jeez, a little TMI! ...........Image

Other than that, this might be one of the most boring vlogs they've ever posted. I mean, my expectations are never high for their vlogs....but that was just...terrible.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

The Canton Fair is an import/export trade fair. Weird that they went to that. Are they starting some random side business?? Like a Griffiths clothing line?? LOL

It does seem like some sort of organized tour. I guess they do business-related tours of the trade fair for people looking to do business in China, like this: https://www.thechinaguide.com/experienc ... -fair-tour

Still seems like an odd choice for their families.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Such a boring vlog. Have to agree, not really saying WHY they went to China. Also very interesting that they didn’t introduce Natalie and Richie Norton. Saw them, but nothing from the mechams. The Norton’s and the other couple do business a lot in China. Also very rude that Jared didn’t introduce the other guy who I think is a business partner of the Norton’s. He could also have been their translator. He lives there I think.
Just such a strange group on a very strange trip.
What was the deal with Jared carrying Ellie? The princess was too tired? All of the local Chinese people giving them the side-eye. Crazy Americans. I just really get annoyed when Americans act like idiots in a conservative country.

Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

janem wrote:Such a boring vlog. Have to agree, not really saying WHY they went to China. Also very interesting that they didn’t introduce Natalie and Richie Norton. Saw them, but nothing from the mechams. The Norton’s and the other couple do business a lot in China. Also very rude that Jared didn’t introduce the other guy who I think is a business partner of the Norton’s. He could also have been their translator. He lives there I think.
What was the deal with Jared carrying Ellie? The princess was too tired? All of the local Chinese people giving them the side-eye. Crazy Americans. I just really get annoyed when Americans act like idiots in a conservative country.

I don't think most Americans realize other people outside of America don't have the best impressions of us. So acting like Ellie does just make things worse. I promise we are all not crazy attention ungrateful selfish lunatics!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kaylor1 wrote:
janem wrote:Such a boring vlog. Have to agree, not really saying WHY they went to China. Also very interesting that they didn’t introduce Natalie and Richie Norton. Saw them, but nothing from the mechams. The Norton’s and the other couple do business a lot in China. Also very rude that Jared didn’t introduce the other guy who I think is a business partner of the Norton’s. He could also have been their translator. He lives there I think.

I don't think most Americans realize other people outside of America don't have the best impressions of us. So acting like Ellie does just make things worse. I promise we are all not crazy attention ungrateful selfish lunatics!!

Seriously, the Griffiths definitely do their part to perpetuate the stereotype of the Ugly American.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:First off, I had to chuckle at the fact that the vlog is titled "WHY WE WENT TO CHINA (Ellie and Jared Travel Vlog)" (emphasis on "we" and "Ellie and Jared") uploaded onto the Ellie and Jared YouTube channel...with just Ellie, by herself, as the thumbnail. LOL. This is just getting out of hand. They must be trolling us.

The reason they were in China was because Ellie and Bonnie had "some business opportunities" that they were "looking into" and their friends came to "help out." Wtf? Can you guys get a little more vague, please? Although it was the title of the vlog and I should've been expecting to find out the reason you went to China, jeez, a little TMI! ...........Image

Other than that, this might be one of the most boring vlogs they've ever posted. I mean, my expectations are never high for their vlogs....but that was just...terrible.
this made me wonder if ellie and bonnie are planning to launch a clothing line, a "for all sizes" kind of thing. they went to textile factories right? the other people on the trip could be investors or smth.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

It did look like they were looking at swatches of fabrics. I would be interested in Bonnie's ideas for a clothing line but not Ellie! Plus I really don't think Ellie has the drive to fully take on a project like that and put in the work and time to see it through She does very little for the vlog or her own channel. She has a very strict bath and bedtime routine for herself there is no way she wants to change her lifestyle right now to actually have to work!

charmed596
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by charmed596 »

bam wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:First off, I had to chuckle at the fact that the vlog is titled "WHY WE WENT TO CHINA (Ellie and Jared Travel Vlog)" (emphasis on "we" and "Ellie and Jared") uploaded onto the Ellie and Jared YouTube channel...with just Ellie, by herself, as the thumbnail. LOL. This is just getting out of hand. They must be trolling us.

this made me wonder if ellie and bonnie are planning to launch a clothing line, a "for all sizes" kind of thing. they went to textile factories right? the other people on the trip could be investors or smth.
Hopefully Ellie is an investor lmao

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

What’s the point of fixing the hard wood floors over some scratches when you have a dog, toddlers and trying for more babies. These are the years when the floors will get messed up the most. Why not Just wait until kids are older or when they sell?

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

gymchick43 wrote:What’s the point of fixing the hard wood floors over some scratches when you have a dog, toddlers and trying for more babies. These are the years when the floors will get messed up the most. Why not Just wait until kids are older or when they sell?

They're likely under warranty...and they really should have held up better to begin with. I'd get them fixed too.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:What’s the point of fixing the hard wood floors over some scratches when you have a dog, toddlers and trying for more babies. These are the years when the floors will get messed up the most. Why not Just wait until kids are older or when they sell?

They're likely under warranty...and they really should have held up better to begin with. I'd get them fixed too.
I do think it’s interesting that the people who did Ellie’s floors also did Bonnie’s and Bonnie has never mentioned having an issue with them. I think Bonnie takes much better care of her belongings than Ellie does and I think that’s played a part in why her floors have held up better.
But I agree, i would get them fixed too.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

staceybrax wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

I do think it’s interesting that the people who did Ellie’s floors also did Bonnie’s and Bonnie has never mentioned having an issue with them. I think Bonnie takes much better care of her belongings than Ellie does and I think that’s played a part in why her floors have held up better.
But I agree, i would get them fixed too.

Did they say what was wrong with the floors. Did they use the wrong cleaning product? I can’t imagine wear and tear after a year.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

The way they explained it was like *they* couldn’t possibly have caused the damage, so it must have been Penny....
djcbcn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by djcbcn »

My new house had a 1 year warranty on it so anything that was wrong with it was fixed by the builders at no cost. Im sure thats why they are getting them done now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

bam wrote:

At 6:30 mark in the "WHY WE WENT TO CHINA" Vlog Jared is trying out the massage chair and his tag says clearly he is a "BUYER" What were they actually doing there? Hmm
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

From their house q&a they said they got the dog before they were ready with the fence and grass, so the mud, dirt, and rocks combined with the dogs toenails running around ruined the floors.

allie89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by allie89 »

I guess my 2 year old does sleep the same amount as Ellie's kids, just has a different schedule 9:30pm-9am...we're not morning people lol

Return to “Ellie and Jared”