John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by lmmomSD »

seriously7 wrote:I'm still so confused as to where they are getting the money to live and support themselves. The woman works in a bead shop pt and the man does random odd jobs when he wants too?

How are they paying for everything including that house and land they own.
We'd all like to know that. They have done a couple of GFM's, and in one they didn't mention the grant from E&J's Pain Olympics. They also did a GFM after their last miscarriage, didn't they? They have raised a bunch in the GFM'S, more than they have likely needed to spend on the IVF.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Glad the baby is okay. Joan needs to shut up. She’s crying because she sees the heartbeat and starts cutting off the tech saying LAST TIME THERE WAS NO HEARTBEAT etc like okay she doesn’t care why not just be happy for THIS baby?!?! Instead always comparing it to their losses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

Amelia322 wrote:Glad the baby is okay. Joan needs to shut up. She’s crying because she sees the heartbeat and starts cutting off the tech saying LAST TIME THERE WAS NO HEARTBEAT etc like okay she doesn’t care why not just be happy for THIS baby?!?! Instead always comparing it to their losses?

That seems really normal to me. She started crying, said sorry, and explained why so the tech knew why she broke out crying.
It's not really comparing, I'm pretty sure most people who've gone through miscarriages would go into an ultrasound cautious because they "compare" it to what happened last time.
Rullakebab
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Rullakebab »

Amelia322 wrote:Glad the baby is okay. Joan needs to shut up. She’s crying because she sees the heartbeat and starts cutting off the tech saying LAST TIME THERE WAS NO HEARTBEAT etc like okay she doesn’t care why not just be happy for THIS baby?!?! Instead always comparing it to their losses?

Oh come on she was not cutting off anyone, she said sorry and explained. Pretty normal reaction for a woman who's had a stillbirth and a miscarriage. It is hard to not be very vulnerable when you're pregnant after losses.

"Why not just be happy for this baby"... yeah, like its so easy when all you've had is losses. Would you say that to someone who has lost a child that why not just be happy for the remaining children?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rullakebab
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Rullakebab »

Rullakebab wrote:

Oh come on she was not cutting off anyone, she said sorry and explained. Pretty normal reaction for a woman who's had a stillbirth and a miscarriage. It is hard to not be very vulnerable when you're pregnant after losses.

"Why not just be happy for this baby"... yeah, like its so easy when all you've had is losses. Would you say that to someone who has lost a child that why not just be happy for the remaining children?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sorry for ranting but I have to add that Joan was very happy in that video, at least that's what I saw. You can be happy but also cautious at the same time you know.
jess595
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jess595 »

I'm not a fan of J&J, far from it, and they've definitely used some shady techniques in the past. But I'm happy for them, and I think her reaction was totally appropriate - last time she was at that scan she had bad news, this time it was good news, she's hormonal with pregnancy and bursting into tears is fine. She apologised, probably because the tech looked a little startled. Yes, her relation of everything to Maeve can be tiresome, but she's happy. Let her have it
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

If it’s a girl I’m sure the middle name will be Maeve and if it’s a boy the middle name might be fox (according to Joan’s comment) [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 6b8318.jpg[/img]

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Nitpicking pet peeve: it's _definitely_, not "defiantly". Unless of course, she's saying her belly is getting bigger in defiance of the odds.

flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

i don't think anyone would ever get the name maeve except for maeve.

is it sweet or unhealthy to essentially name the second child after maeve by using "fox"? kinda feels like it isn't allowing that child a full separate identity
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

lmmomSD wrote:Nitpicking pet peeve: it's _definitely_, not "defiantly". Unless of course, she's saying her belly is getting bigger in defiance of the odds.

Yesterday on instagram stories she used “hurtle” instead of hurdle. Drives me crazy lol

She is just as bad as Ellie in that aspect haha

emma101
Talker
Talker

John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by emma101 »

Happy for this couple and been following their journey. However does anyone else find it strange how many photos they share of Mauve on their Instagram? I can understand having those photos and treasuring them but at the end of the day Mauve isn’t alive in those photos and isn’t it a big disrespectful? I certainly wouldn’t want photos of me as a corpse being shared on the internet... Maybe Joan and John sharing one or 2 photos I could understand but there are so many...

TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by TheOneWhoBlogs »

Blehmieux wrote:i don't think anyone would ever get the name maeve except for maeve.

is it sweet or unhealthy to essentially name the second child after maeve by using "fox"? kinda feels like it isn't allowing that child a full separate identity

This also made me cringe because my parents actually had a son whom passed before i was born and his first name was supposed to be Lee,So my middle name is Leigh (The feminine version) And it just feels weird everytime i think about WHY they did it.Even my mom regrets it.
I Was born exactly a year after she lost him at 41 weeks.To the DAY.

Edit: I wouldnt say unhealthy,Per-se.My parents are (And where) fine,they just thought it'd be sweet,However,Over the last 20-some years,They've kinda driven up a wall and they just dont really know why they did that.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by TheOneWhoBlogs »

Watching their video of going to the doctor was nice...It almost seemed like they where normal...Until John's parents where like "We saw a fox while we where hiking" and SUDDENLY That was Maeve making everything okay...
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She posted a vlog sorting her maternity clothes. I thought she seemed to do be doing very well lately- better than last pregnancy. She cried when she saw the dress she wore to the funeral, but generally speaking when I was looking at her Instagram earlier she has posted much less...in her last pregnancy with sweet pea she was posting like twice a day about her anxiety. But then I checked her IG again later tonight and she is posting about her anxiety because morning sickness disappeared today. In her vlog she said her next scan isn’t until Dec 6th when she is around 10-11 weeks I think. But now she wants to ask the nurse to have a quick scan this week to ease her anxiety. Is that normal practice for IVF places? Frequent scans in first trimester to ease anxiety? It’s not like she’s feeling lack of movement it’s just no nausea for one day. I mean she just had a scan at 7 weeks. She’s 8 weeks now, if they say yes to her request they will end up doing weekly scans lol. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... e7df16.jpg[/img]

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

I think if she wants weekly scans, and is willing to pay for them (unless they clinic wants to do them for free) there should be no issue. The anxiety experienced after miscarriage is CRAZY.
Bananasplit
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bananasplit »

My ob office has a portable ultrasound machine. It's not nearly as nice or fancy as the regular machines, but they are always happy to wheel it in and check on my lo anytime I want. They don't even bill my insurance when they do it. I love that they do it for me. It takes less than 5 minutes. If it puts a moms mind at ease, I think it's a great thing to do.
LittleRus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LittleRus »

I think Joan needed to address her mental health more before becoming pregnant. The way she talks about Maeve as if she's created this whole persona for her is just bizarre. That being said, I don't blame her for requesting a scan after her symptoms disappeared. I did that with my first pregnancy- it freaked me out. All was well but it is a mind f*ck. That being said- between 10 and 12 weeks is when symptoms usually get better so things are probably fine
trumputin
Talker
Talker

Unread post by trumputin »

Yeah, honestly, I can't fault her for being anxious about the disappearance of symptoms, especially with her last experience with being pregnant. Hopefully all is well and she's able to get an appointment tomorrow for a quick U/S, and everything is fine.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Thanks for the input guys! I’ve never experienced loss (and hopefully I never will have too), wasn’t sure if it was unusual to get weekly scans or not, and it’s probably different here in Canada vs the states where you have private insurance and such. It’s probably easier for her to just book one without the waiting period. I only have around 2 ultrasounds in my pregnancy but that’s because I’m not high risk. I hope everything is okay, I’m sure with her last pregnancy ending so early this will first trimester will be filled with anxiety.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”