Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I have doubts that Corbin is the only reason she quit school....it doesn't sound very romantic or adventurous to say " I dropped out of school because it was expensive" or "I dropped out because I was failing too many classes".
lucycat732
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by lucycat732 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I have doubts that Corbin is the only reason she quit school....it doesn't sound very romantic or adventurous to say " I dropped out of school because it was expensive" or "I dropped out because I was failing too many classes".
That is true. I guess I shouldn't expect total transparency of YouTube vloggers. :lol:
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

lucycat732 wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I have doubts that Corbin is the only reason she quit school....it doesn't sound very romantic or adventurous to say " I dropped out of school because it was expensive" or "I dropped out because I was failing too many classes".
That is true. I guess I shouldn't expect total transparency of YouTube vloggers. :lol:
Yes, I suspect there were other factors at play, such as her grades and finances. But just the fact that she thinks it’s “romantic” to claim that she dropped out to “make things work” is telling in my opinion. I met my husband in high school and we married relatively young, it never interfered with my education or my ability to work and support myself. I’m not judging anyone else’s decisions on this board, obviously I don’t know you or your circumstances. I am judging Kelsey and Corbin though, because they put it out there and put their life on display every day as their "job."
pampam1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pampam1 »

So the BIG FAMILY ANNOUNCEMENT was a photo shoot? How is that even an announcement.. I cant with them
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

violet-kelsey black wrote:Damn, so you guys would hate my husband. He had about 4 months to finish school but instead dropped out and flew across the world to be with me. But then 3 years later he finished and all is good now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I dropped out and moved across country for a man. We broke up a year later, but it changed my life in some positive ways. I had promised my mom I would be back in school _somewhere_, and at a suggestion from him, enrolled in nursing school. I loved it, got a fulfilling career, and made lifelong friends. But that's definitely not what happened with Kelsey!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I can't bear to watch. Where in San Francisco did he go to school?

janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

lmmomSD wrote:I can't bear to watch. Where in San Francisco did he go to school?

I thought he went to school at Chapman University in Orange, California. Very expensive private school.

luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

I can believe she dropped out for Corbin but at school probably wasn't a breeze for her. Art school is hard and you have to endure a lot of criticism from your peers and your professors. profs especially are often not nice about it. There's also 'crit' where students show each other pieces of work and everyone critiques it on what works and what doesn't. It's a hard industry to succeed in and they are tough on you so that you can stretch yourself. A huge part of art school is becoming confident enough in your art and creative process that things don't knock you like they would other people. I don't see that at ALL in Kelsey.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

I havent watched in weeks and I've never made it through a DBs vlog but I occasionally watch Missy's sit down videos and I remember her 'hinting' they'd be ttc in 2018 (she basically outright said it, they'e not subtle). We all know she's dying for a little Missy Jr. so what do you guys think will happen when she gets pregnant? Will that be it for Corbin and Kelsey as DB cast members- I mean friends? I think if it's a girl they'll be gone within a year, the Lannings aren't going to care about June if they have their own daughter and neither will their fans. If it's a boy idk but the 'OMG PREGNANCY NO 3!' is definitely going to take over their channel. Would Corbin and Kelsey get pregnant to keep up? No, right? They're not that desperate. Right?!
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

luci417 wrote:
I can believe she dropped out for Corbin but at school probably wasn't a breeze for her. Art school is hard and you have to endure a lot of criticism from your peers and your professors. profs especially are often not nice about it. There's also 'crit' where students show each other pieces of work and everyone critiques it on what works and what doesn't. It's a hard industry to succeed in and they are tough on you so that you can stretch yourself. A huge part of art school is becoming confident enough in your art and creative process that things don't knock you like they would other people. I don't see that at ALL in Kelsey.
Is there a reason we think she went to art school? I don't recall her saying anything about going to school to study art, but I'm hardly an expert. She can barely draw stick figures.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

janem wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I can't bear to watch. Where in San Francisco did he go to school?

I thought he went to school at Chapman University in Orange, California. Very expensive private school.

That's what I thought too. That's why I was wondering about all the San Francisco references. Maybe I should break down and watch, but I really don't want to.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
luci417 wrote:
Is there a reason we think she went to art school? I don't recall her saying anything about going to school to study art, but I'm hardly an expert. She can barely draw stick figures.
The art school thing has been mentioned by Bryan and Corbin in passing in the past. Maybe she went to one in SF for a semester and couldn't cut it??? Those school are usually super expensive and so is living in SF. There's literally no proof she actually went other than mentions of "art school" - she's never named the school and it's not listed on her LinkedIn page. She certainly doesn't seem interested in art these days and her degree from Southern Oregon isn't in art. That's why people are confused.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:
luci417 wrote: I can believe she dropped out for Corbin but at school probably wasn't a breeze for her. Art school is hard and you have to endure a lot of criticism from your peers and your professors. profs especially are often not nice about it. There's also 'crit' where students show each other pieces of work and everyone critiques it on what works and what doesn't. It's a hard industry to succeed in and they are tough on you so that you can stretch yourself. A huge part of art school is becoming confident enough in your art and creative process that things don't knock you like they would other people. I don't see that at ALL in Kelsey.
The art school thing has been mentioned by Bryan and Corbin in passing in the past. Maybe she went to one in SF for a semester and couldn't cut it??? Those school are usually super expensive and so is living in SF. There's literally no proof she actually went other than mentions of "art school" - she's never named the school and it's not listed on her LinkedIn page. She certainly doesn't seem interested in art these days and her degree from Southern Oregon isn't in art. That's why people are confused.
My best friend went to a joint program between the Academy of Art and University of San Francisco. Got a BFA. Her Mormon mom wanted her to go to BYU and major in math so she struck out on her own so that she wouldn't have to include her mom and stepdad's financial information in financial aid applications. There's only a few options for art school in San Francisco: art classes at CCSF, the Academy of Art, and maybe a few others. The Academy of Art isn't cheap. Don't know how hard it is to get into.

Ohamerica
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Ohamerica »

Ohamerica wrote:That wet wipe thing they keep doing with June is BIZARRE. never heard of such a thing. Lol
Op! The wipes container has made it to the dinner table!
beachygirly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by beachygirly »

Ohamerica wrote:
Ohamerica wrote:That wet wipe thing they keep doing with June is BIZARRE. never heard of such a thing. Lol
Op! The wipes container has made it to the dinner table!
I literally don't understand the wipe thing. AT ALL. Have they explained why they do it? It would make more sense and be more beneficial to June if they gave her a soft book or small toy to entertain her rather than a wipe.
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

Today’s HelloFresh ad had me rolling my eyes. First he complains about how grocery shopping takes up so much of their time. These two have all the time in the world, neither of them has a job! He said they get to spend more time with June, did it occur to him that it benefits his child bringing her to the grocery store?? It provides all kinds of senatorial development and stimulation. And right after complaining about how taxing grocery shopping is, he next clip is of them going shopping at target

Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

Today’s HelloFresh ad had me rolling my eyes. First he complains about how grocery shopping takes up so much of their time. These two have all the time in the world, neither of them has a job! He said they get to spend more time with June, did it occur to him that it benefits his child bringing her to the grocery store?? It provides all kinds of senatorial development and stimulation. And right after complaining about how taxing grocery shopping is, he next clip is of them going shopping at target

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

D'oh!

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

What's the wipe thing? And what's the Big Family Surprise? I cba watching their vlogs, they should re brand Steps To Wander to
Paint Drying Snooze Fest.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Wow shortest vlog yet, 6’1/2 minuets Haven’t watched but would imagine its them driving around looking at big expensive houses. They really should just give it up or go weekly or something else. It’s not working. Corbin’s whining and a cute baby just isn’t getting it.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”