snowbaby95
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Vlogs. Part #2

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:
snowbaby95 wrote:My heart breaks for Jen and that she will most likely suffer with PPD. I hope she is able to get help if needed.
I don't think it's her fault nor am I blaming her for it, but if she is certain she wasn't ready for another baby right now I don't get why she wasn't on some form of birth control. She's not against it because I'm pretty sure she's used it in the past and Mormon doctrine doesn't ban it.

It's really naive to use the family planning method with tracking ovulation because even if she says she was a day off of having "fun," does she not know sperm can live in the vagina for like up to 5 days?
That's what I thought too... They really should've been more careful if they were so not ready for a another baby right now. NFP can totally work but it requires a lot of knowledge. It sounded like her being "a day off" also didn't involve a backup barrier method, as it should in NFP.i
Yea, it just seems irresponsible to not being using some form of prevention other than that. Like even if you're tracking your temperature to know the exact day you ovulate, I wouldn't feel safe having sex a week prior to and after I ovulate, just in case! Especially being pretty fertile.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

snowbaby95 wrote:
boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:
snowbaby95 wrote:My heart breaks for Jen and that she will most likely suffer with PPD. I hope she is able to get help if needed.
I don't think it's her fault nor am I blaming her for it, but if she is certain she wasn't ready for another baby right now I don't get why she wasn't on some form of birth control. She's not against it because I'm pretty sure she's used it in the past and Mormon doctrine doesn't ban it.

It's really naive to use the family planning method with tracking ovulation because even if she says she was a day off of having "fun," does she not know sperm can live in the vagina for like up to 5 days?
That's what I thought too... They really should've been more careful if they were so not ready for a another baby right now. NFP can totally work but it requires a lot of knowledge. It sounded like her being "a day off" also didn't involve a backup barrier method, as it should in NFP.i
Yea, it just seems irresponsible to not being using some form of prevention other than that. Like even if you're tracking your temperature to know the exact day you ovulate, I wouldn't feel safe having sex a week prior to and after I ovulate, just in case! Especially being pretty fertile.
Especially when you know you're not ready, and that you suffer from near-crippling PPD

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
pattys
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pattys »

calliepaige84 wrote:The sad infertility side of Callie is coming out and wishing so badly this would happen to me. #selfish #thisisntaboutme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
<3 Wishing you the best!
djcbcn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by djcbcn »

Not having sex the week before and after you ovulate would mean you only have sex one week out of the month (unless you have sex during your cycle). that's kind of silly and unrealistic. I agree about Sams sister being a jerk. That was a totally un necessary comment she made. I would have told her where she could put that opinion lol. I wish them nothing but the best.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
djcbcn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by djcbcn »

djcbcn wrote:Not having sex the week before and after you ovulate would mean you only have sex one week out of the month (unless you have sex during your cycle). that's kind of silly and unrealistic. I agree about Sams sister being a jerk. That was a totally un necessary comment she made. I would have told her where she could put that opinion lol. I wish them nothing but the best.

Oh and to add onto what someone was saying about Sam finding a job. If Austin Null found a job after his disgusting scandal, Sam should have no problem finding one as well.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

djcbcn wrote:
djcbcn wrote:Not having sex the week before and after you ovulate would mean you only have sex one week out of the month (unless you have sex during your cycle). that's kind of silly and unrealistic. I agree about Sams sister being a jerk. That was a totally un necessary comment she made. I would have told her where she could put that opinion lol. I wish them nothing but the best.

Oh and to add onto what someone was saying about Sam finding a job. If Austin Null found a job after his disgusting scandal, Sam should have no problem finding one as well.

And Sam actually has some talent. When he puts his efforts into editing and his photography, it's great. His drone footage was always amazing, but he doesn't do it anymore. And his ads are really good.

MyPretties
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by MyPretties »

My sister daydreamed of running her car head on into an 18 wheeler with the kids in the car 8 weeks after her second was born. Thats the moment she knew she needed help. I saw a comment on their vlog telling Jenn to get in therapy now bc that will prevent PPD.. i don't know a whole lot about PPD but i do know that hormones are a HUGE factor in it. I'm not saying she should't try it, but telling someone something like that is so irresponsible.
I wonder if Jenn would be open to encapsulating her placenta this time around. I know some people say it's a load of bull, but if i were Jenn i think i would be open to trying just about anything this time around.[/quote]

That's a great idea! Wonder if there are any companies that would sponsor that, I'm sure Sam and Jen would try anything to help (I mean it can't hurt-might taste a bit crap, but I would have danced naked down the high street yelling god save the Queen if I thought it might help) :D

I'm hoping the move to Arizona might have a positive effect - more sunshine/outdoor activities and having a close relationship with Monica & Elliot will give her more people to talk to/lean on. Living in Utah def didn't help - I know living with what feels like 6 months of winter can be like for a person's mental health generally (then throw in PDD) the sunshine could help. I struggle with SAD (Seasonal affective disorder) living in Scotland where from late October it's getting dark around 4pm - you feel like you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark - this is pretty much it for 6 months. Hell, I might move to Arizona :P
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

It is silly and unrealistic. Which is why if using Natural Family Planning (as Jen seems to have been), people generally use a backup method during the fertile window (condoms, spermicide, etc). It doesn't sound like she was doing that, as she said she knew "when to have fun" but had an oopsie because her calculations were off by a day. I don't think she would've been worried if she knew that they had still used some kind of protection.
scottishcherry
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by scottishcherry »

I wonder if Kirsty has some underlying feelings of resentment towards Jen. in her video where she talked about coming from a broken home, she said that when Sam was born he was the "glue" that brought them all together. she seems to be really overprotective of him so maybe having to "share" him with jen is where all the comments and whatnot come from
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

scottishcherry wrote:I wonder if Kirsty has some underlying feelings of resentment towards Jen. in her video where she talked about coming from a broken home, she said that when Sam was born he was the "glue" that brought them all together. she seems to be really overprotective of him so maybe having to "share" him with jen is where all the comments and whatnot come from
I've thought the same thing. She's also just a total bitch. I do think she feels Sam could have found a better wife (the picture-perfect petite, white and blonde Mormon). The racist comment from two summers ago totally shocked me. Poor Jenn - I get the feeling she dreads being around Kristy.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I also wonder what else she had to say about it, since that 5 second bitchy comment was the only thing that made it into the vlog. To think that might have been the nicest thing they could edit into the vlog breaks my heart.
beachygirly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by beachygirly »

ewokfan11 wrote:
scottishcherry wrote:I wonder if Kirsty has some underlying feelings of resentment towards Jen. in her video where she talked about coming from a broken home, she said that when Sam was born he was the "glue" that brought them all together. she seems to be really overprotective of him so maybe having to "share" him with jen is where all the comments and whatnot come from
I've thought the same thing. She's also just a total bitch. I do think she feels Sam could have found a better wife (the picture-perfect petite, white and blonde Mormon). The racist comment from two summers ago totally shocked me. Poor Jenn - I get the feeling she dreads being around Kristy.
Racist comment? I missed that. My opinion of Kristy is changing - and fast!
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

beachygirly wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
She told Jen she looked like the nanny of PJ, not her mom.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

snowbaby95 wrote:
beachygirly wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote: I've thought the same thing. She's also just a total bitch. I do think she feels Sam could have found a better wife (the picture-perfect petite, white and blonde Mormon). The racist comment from two summers ago totally shocked me. Poor Jenn - I get the feeling she dreads being around Kristy.
She told Jen she looked like the nanny of PJ, not her mom.
And the look on Jenn's face was priceless.

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

I wish I could find the video where Kristy said that! All I remember was that they were at Kristy's country house sitting around a table last summer in the morning or around sunset.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

snowbaby95 wrote:I wish I could find the video where Kristy said that! All I remember was that they were at Kristy's country house sitting around a table last summer in the morning or around sunset.
It was probably around the 4th of July. That's when they were there. I'll take a look too.

bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

ewokfan11 wrote:
THIS! I've always wondered what the odd vibe is whenever Kristy is around Jen and this could be it. It's as if she thinks she's above Jen. As much as I like watching the Glass Posse, Kristy is just weird towards her especially when you consider how Jen is with Coco and Lindsey.

I remember her being bitchy towards Jen during their 2014 Christmas party (Jen won a game and picked out a sparkly pink Troll toy that Kristy wanted. A TOY.) and when Samika was visiting the country house (the guest room smelled like diapers). Does anyone know what vlog tge nanny comment came from?

I'm so glad they are addressing Jen's PPD early on and are going to have a therapist. They were shocked at first but it looks like they talked it out and now they're calmer and more excited. I still would love to see a girl Jen clone :lol: And it looks like she now has a calling at church, it would help distract her even just a bit.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Trying to find that vlog. I thought it was in "Can We Keep It?" But I either missed it, or they cut it out. I thought it was when they were eating the homemade ice cream. But nope. I will keep looking!

MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Okay, I've watched the last few vlogs from this family and I am IN LOVE! Why have I not watched them sooner!? I have so many questions! What is Jen's nationality/race? Is there anything bad about them? I really don't want to be disappointed
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

MamaJoAnna wrote:Okay, I've watched the last few vlogs from this family and I am IN LOVE! Why have I not watched them sooner!? I have so many questions! What is Jen's nationality/race? Is there anything bad about them? I really don't want to be disappointed Image
I don't think there's anything negative about them! They're a sweet, normal, and down to Earth family. They both have huge hearts and are caring and proactive parents.

Jen is half white (Irish from her mom) and her dad's family is from Argentina. I think her paternal grandmother immigrated to Argentina from Italy and then to America.

Return to “Q-Z”