OKLeaveOscarAlready | Part 16

RaginaPhalanges
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKLeaveOscarAlready | Part 16

Unread post by RaginaPhalanges »

poisonprincess wrote:At the end of the day, their relationship moved at freaking light speed. They have 2 children and a house! Within three years! In the scheme of things three years is nothing at all tbh.
It's a considerable amount of time yes, but not that long.
I totally get where kyra is coming from as I have similar feelings but they are still quite young with plenty of time to get engaged. They need to slow down haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to stop and remind myself that in relationship terms 3 or 4 years is not a long time. My husband and I have been together 4 years. We’ve moved 4 times (military) and have a 2 year old. He’s been deployed for almost half of our marriage (not all at once). I feel like we’ve been together a lot longer than 4 years because we’ve been so busy. I have to stop myself sometimes just to remember 4 years isn’t that long. So I kinda understand Kyra’s thought process. But at the same time I think we can all tell Oskie Bear isn’t convinced he wants to marry her. 3 years, 2 kids, and a house doesn’t mean someone wants to be with you forever unfortunately.

Lagorda_12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lagorda_12 »

There is definitely something weird going on I that house...Kyra always hears noises and I remember in a vlog that Alaya kept getting scared

doggo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by doggo »

Lagorda_12 wrote:There is definitely something weird going on I that house...Kyra always hears noises and I remember in a vlog that Alaya kept getting scared
Lol baby Levi would stare at the ceiling fan in their old apartment and everyone got convinced it was a ghost when in reality he probably just liked watching the fan because it looked similar to Oscar's drone, which he also liked to watch. I also don't blame Alaya for getting spooked easily with who her parents are, taking her on slides and shit that scare her to death.
ytdramaqueen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ytdramaqueen »

This whole ring thing is DAMAGE CONTROL to the tenth degree!

cklein31
Informer
Informer

Unread post by cklein31 »

I think part of the ring was just the drum up excitement to get clicks on the Finally Bought Her a Ring!! vlog .. though it's fine to have a promise ring imo, it's just odd how they did it. She's been hinting about marriage, implying O doesn't 'have the balls' to propose (I think she said that in one of KK's vlogs?), etc and now has an engagement ring as a promise ring. Just odd.

As for O not wanting to propose.... I agree and disagree. My parents got together in grade 9, had a baby at 19, and didn't get married til they were 22 not because my dad didn't want to or wasnt committed, but because they didn't want to rush marriage just bc they'd (albeit accidentally) rushed having a family. So maybe Oscars just not in a hurry like Kyra is. But I could also see him just not wanting to marry her specifically, just based on random offhand comments he's made in the past, plus the fact that I'm convinced she planned Levi and I doubt Oscar was aware.

aspynferris
Talker
Talker

Unread post by aspynferris »

Literally what is the difference between a promise and engagement ring lol they’re both a promise to get married. Just get a damn engagement ring! Also could Oscar be anymore unexcited for the ring lol
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

Annavi04 wrote:
Arbella36 wrote:What is even the point in a promise ring? Is it to say like I'm not ready to propose but promise I will? If so I would understand if he gave it to get when they found out she was pregnant with Levi. Not after they've had 2 kids together, bought a car, bought a house and celebrating their 3rd anniversary! I would be so offended if my partner got me a promise ring if we were in the same situation and not a nice engagement ring like she's been wanting.

Another thing I noticed is why is the ring so big? I thought they were meant to be small but pretty kind of rings and your engagement ring was meant to stand out? Maybe she wanted it to look like an engagement ring...

Also, bit weird that Kyla is at their celabrational family dinner sitting awkwardly at the other side of the table... Bit of a weird vlog.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The point is probably to get her to shut up about it.. like this reminds me of 90 day fiance where a guy gave the girl an "appreciation ring" when she kept begging for a proposal. Shes getting an "engagement ring" as a promise ring because thats what she wishes it was.

Yes, if i was kyla there would be certain things i would exclude myself from just because they deserve to be alone during certain moments. A constant 3rd wheel is such a mood killer! I bet Oscar cant even make sexual comments or give kyra certain compliments because kyla is around :/

Haha I watch 90 day fiance. She kept trying to get him to make it more than it was. It was funny..

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
RaginaPhalanges
Informer
Informer

aspynferris wrote:Literally what is the difference between a promise and engagement ring lol they’re both a promise to get married. Just get a damn engagement ring! Also could Oscar be anymore unexcited for the ring lol
My high school boyfriend gave me a promise ring. I thought they were what you gave someone when you weren’t of legal age to get married. Like you’re as serious with them as you can be at that point. I’ve never known anyone out of high school that has a promise ring. So with that it seems pretty juvenile to me personally.

Milkmama0306
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Milkmama0306 »

Hey guys, just jumping in here. I agree, I don't think he wants to marry her. I asked my husband, from a man's point of view, what does it mean when a guy gives a girl "a promise to marry" ring and he says basically either he is trying to shut her up, so he is stalling, or he is going to marry her but on his time or he just doesn't want to flat out marry her. Oscar has kyra pressuring him (which I understand, I'd be pissed if I was Kyra, 2 kids, a house, sharing basically everything, creating a life together, the kids have his last name but she doesn't, I would be crushed. My husband proposed before I was pregnant with our son), the bug buddies (I get it, their viewers are excited, they feel apart of their lives, I like watching them too, they are entertaining, they passed time before my son started sleeping through the night.).
My opinion, they rushed into things, but we all do, we let love come to our heads, their whole relationship demeanor is weird, even how they got together is weird, he basically dated half of her friends. But that's them, it works for most people. They barely got the time to know each other, they say it takes 5 years to know someone. Then since Kyla moved in, I see kyra is happier but Oscar hates it, my husband said he would hate it too, having a tag along, no alone time, no family time, the friend always there. THEN in the one video where the girls where talking about getting their daughter's ears pierced, and Kyra said no because Oscar would get mad and Kyla basically said "so what", seems like she is the type of friend to get into their fights (which hey, she's a good friend). Oscar probably feels trapped. He doesn't spend much time with his friends, Kyra and him are always together. I know Youtube is their job, but he should go get a job outside of the home, or get a hobby, or something. My husband and I use tp be together 24/7 for a month, when his company laid half of the employees off, god we almost fell apart. They need space. Kyra at least is in college, that's amazing! Youtube, college and the kids, now Oscar needs something like that.
Before talking of marriage he needs to do something, they need to talk it out, not invite Kyla to everything, go see family more. Again I know YT is their job, but to help them more, as a couple and family, they should stop vlogging everything, they even said they feel as if they live for the vlog, not is not healthy. Sometimes you need days without being on camera because then life feels staged. Live life together, still vlog but not so much. From filming events with family, to birthdays, to even small doctor's visits, I know the bug buddies will be mad but they have to worry about themselves before anyone else.

Man my opinion was long, this is what happens when my husband is at work, and my little one is asleep. House work is done, completely nothing to do.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

RaginaPhalanges wrote:
aspynferris wrote:Literally what is the difference between a promise and engagement ring lol they’re both a promise to get married. Just get a damn engagement ring! Also could Oscar be anymore unexcited for the ring lol
My high school boyfriend gave me a promise ring. I thought they were what you gave someone when you weren’t of legal age to get married. Like you’re as serious with them as you can be at that point. I’ve never known anyone out of high school that has a promise ring. So with that it seems pretty juvenile to me personally.

Idk my boyfriend gave me a promise ring on our 3 year anniversary bc we arent ready to be married yet (what with school and being young). But it showed that he was super super comitted to a future together. Engagements to some people are a huge deal. I dont get the point of engagements over 1 year so a promise ring is the next best thing when you cant get married for over a year. At least that’s the way I see it. If you arent ready to get married in the next year, dont get engaged.

flightlessbird
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by flightlessbird »

Something weird is going on with Kyra and Kyla and I can't put my finger on it.
aspynferris
Talker
Talker

Unread post by aspynferris »

flightlessbird wrote:Something weird is going on with Kyra and Kyla and I can't put my finger on it.
I agree! I’m waiting for the more intuitive of the YTMD commenters to produce theories!
Bay1029
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bay1029 »

flightlessbird wrote:Something weird is going on with Kyra and Kyla and I can't put my finger on it.
What do you mean? I just feel like Kyla has overstayed her visit, Oscar seems so annoyed. You can especially see that in the vlog where Kyra mentioned Kyla was sick and Oscar said she was not even that sick or something like that. I understand having a good friend but Kyla is ALWAYS with them, that must be annoying and tiring. They don't have any alone time as partners or even as a family.
Bay1029
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bay1029 »

poisonprincess wrote:At the end of the day, their relationship moved at freaking light speed. They have 2 children and a house! Within three years! In the scheme of things three years is nothing at all tbh.
I totally get where kyra is coming from as I have similar feelings but they are still quite young with plenty of time to get engaged. They need to slow down haha.

I agree, but they have 2 kids and a mortgage, which are all huge commitments. Why not get engaged? I think he just gave her a nice promise ring to shut her up.
RaginaPhalanges
Informer
Informer

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
RaginaPhalanges wrote:

Idk my boyfriend gave me a promise ring on our 3 year anniversary bc we arent ready to be married yet (what with school and being young). But it showed that he was super super comitted to a future together. Engagements to some people are a huge deal. I dont get the point of engagements over 1 year so a promise ring is the next best thing when you cant get married for over a year. At least that’s the way I see it. If you arent ready to get married in the next year, dont get engaged.

I can understand that completely. I’ve just never known anyone, including myself, to get a promise ring from someone after graduating high school.

marsala
Talker
Talker

Unread post by marsala »

Considering their ages, two kids, and a house, 3 years is not long at all. Levi just turned 2 meaning they were together for only a few months when she got pregnant, which is insane.
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ilovecats »

marsala wrote:

Considering their ages, two kids, and a house, 3 years is not long at all. Levi just turned 2 meaning they were together for only a few months when she got pregnant, which is insane.
I think they were together 4 months

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
amykay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amykay »

Man oh man they should not have shaved off all of Levi’s hair
RaginaPhalanges
Informer
Informer

amykay wrote:Man oh man they should not have shaved off all of Levi’s hair Image
Ugh why did they do that to the poor kid?

Arbella36
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Arbella36 »

Oh my god Levi looks like a convict with that hair cut. Poor kid

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Return to “OKBaby”