The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ewokfan11 wrote:I really don't understand Cory at all. Britney is a complete LOSER! She's a convicted felon - who spent YEARS in prison - and doesn't want to work?? Her personality is trashy and she's LOUD. She's totally obnoxious!

I really don't get why he's with her. Is he just looking for a Green Card?? Too many hockey concussions and he has brain damage?

He should be a little more careful. He's literally spending ALL his money on this woman who has a pretty shady background. She's OBVIOUSLY using him for her new "free" lifestyle.
Once again, bc ex addicts, and people who have served time are not worthy of having nice things or happy relationships.. right? the girl isn't perfect but the judgement of her past (that she has dealt with and has had consequences for) is way harsh to me. The girl deserves a home, a loving and partner and a family as much as anyone else in this world. She might not be everyone's cup of tea, but if Corey stayed with her all this time and truly loves this girl then she deserves every bit of it. Corey made good money in the past when he basically had zero financial responsibilities. I highly doubt she's already sucking him dry.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:He said he made a crap ton of money in the past, so i assume even after buying the house he has plenty in savings. I haven't watched the Q&A but i assume his retiring early comment means from his 9-5 job. If the table and other woodworking of his they have shown is any indication, i would say he could very reasonably make a very nice income from his skills. I assume the new business venture would focus on his amazing artwork.
Could he not become a citizen if he isn't one already?
He would need to have over a million dollars saved up to have enough to actually retire 30+ years early. This is the same argument we often make for YTers who are actually bringing in a good wage currently. There really is no way to rationalize this's responsible and not risky behaviour.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Playsinrain wrote:He said he made a crap ton of money in the past, so i assume even after buying the house he has plenty in savings. I haven't watched the Q&A but i assume his retiring early comment means from his 9-5 job. If the table and other woodworking of his they have shown is any indication, i would say he could very reasonably make a very nice income from his skills. I assume the new business venture would focus on his amazing artwork.
If they were married he could start the Green Card process. He's currently in the US on a work visa. Even by getting married, it's a looooong process for even Canadians to get Green Cards.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:I really don't understand Cory at all. Britney is a complete LOSER! She's a convicted felon - who spent YEARS in prison - and doesn't want to work?? Her personality is trashy and she's LOUD. She's totally obnoxious!

I really don't get why he's with her. Is he just looking for a Green Card?? Too many hockey concussions and he has brain damage?

He should be a little more careful. He's literally spending ALL his money on this woman who has a pretty shady background. She's OBVIOUSLY using him for her new "free" lifestyle.
Once again, bc ex addicts, and people who have served time are not worthy of having nice things or happy relationships.. right? the girl isn't perfect but the judgement of her past (that she has dealt with and has had consequences for) is way harsh to me. The girl deserves a home, a loving and partner and a family as much as anyone else in this world. She might not be everyone's cup of tea, but if Corey stayed with her all this time and truly loves this girl then she deserves every bit of it. Corey made good money in the past when he basically had zero financial responsibilities. I highly doubt she's already sucking him dry.
Sorry, but everything about Britney's past screams LOSER! Not just the convicted felon part. We don't know how much $$$ Cory has. He bought a house in Alabama - but it's cheap to live there. She's NOT working and hasn't worked for YEARS (obviously)! He could easily lose all his money because of her, especially if they start a business together. They barely dated before she got arrested and went to prison. Now she wants to get pregnant ASAP!

Nothing about this relationship seems like a good/smart idea.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Not saying she doesn't deserve it. I just think she doesn't want to work for it. Sounds like she wants to sit back, play house, and watch the money roll in. I don't think she's with him just for the money. He seems obnoxious too, and they are obviously into each other. To each his own. Cullen's not my taste either, but I know Katie loves him, so as long as I'm not expected to, whatever.

There are lots of talented woodworkers out there. It's not easy to become rich doing just that.
I wonder about the timeline too. She was apparently living with the guy she was arrested with. Maybe they were just roommates, but I guess if Corey was willing to wait for her, that's his choice. There's no accounting for taste.
And I'm sorry-- as long as she's drinking so much, I hesitate to call her an "ex-addict". I wouldn't say she's a loser, but I don't think she's a really good choice for a life partner. We'll see how it unfolds, apparently.
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Last edited by lmmomSD on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
He would need to have over a million dollars saved up to have enough to actually retire 30+ years early. This is the same argument we often make for YTers who are actually bringing in a good wage currently. There really is no way to rationalize this's responsible and not risky behaviour.
But like i said, i think retiring means retiring from his current job (and who knows, he's been working with this same company for a good while, he could be eligible for a pension. We have a good friend who is 43 and retired from his job of 15 years and draws a retirement check, and is doing quite well for himself and his family. Its not at all the norm, but it is possible) and starting his own business. I really don't think he means retire as in never working again. He wants to follow his passion and good for him. I think he could support a family with his woodworking as a full time job very easily.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
If they were married he could start the Green Card process. He's currently in the US on a work visa. Even by getting married, it's a looooong process for even Canadians to get Green Cards.
I still think the idea that they might already be legally married is plausible. How do we know for sure hes here on a work visa? Has it been discussed by them?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

Sorry, but everything about Britney's past screams LOSER! Not just the convicted felon part. We don't know how much $$$ Cory has. He bought a house in Alabama - but it's cheap to live there. She's NOT working and hasn't worked for YEARS (obviously)! He could easily lose all his money because of her, especially if they start a business together. They barely dated before she got arrested and went to prison. Now she wants to get pregnant ASAP!

Nothing about this relationship seems like a good/smart idea.
Idk about "barely dated" he was around for a good bit (like more than a year, easy) before she was arrested. Her past is just that, the PAST. We have all done things in our past that could make others judge us, but making bad decisions a long time ago does not equal her being a loser now. I could easily lose all my money in the business my husband and i have together, but that doesnt make he or I a loser. We are doing what we love and i can't down someone for wanting to be business owners and follow a passion. She knows her baby making years are slowly closing in on her, if they want 5 kids then i can understand the rush. That being said, i don't think they need to be making babies asap, not at all... but i can understand the feeling of urgency in that regard. I guess i just don't know enough about her to hate her yet, i can't rush to call someone a loser when they haven't had time to prove me otherwise. Just bc she has a not so sparkling clean past and isn't your cup of tea doesn't really classify her as a loser.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Playsinrain wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
I still think the idea that they might already be legally married is plausible. How do we know for sure hes here on a work visa? Has it been discussed by them?

He talked about a work visa a bit in the draw my life video I believe...but he didn't say that's currently how he is in the US.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wouldn't call her a total loser. BUT your past decisions do make up who you are as a person, just because its in the past doesn't mean she's changed and doesn't mean its completely forgotten either.

So far I don't think we have seen enough to know if she has made any huge changes. At this point my feelings lean towards no. She is still taking part in addictive behaviours (drinking), she doesn't seem to have any motivation other then to play house...Im not impressed so far.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Main reason i think they are already married is that NO ONE in that whole family has talked about them getting married, everyone is throwing baby talk at them. I would think at least someone would pipe up with "how about a wedding THEN babies.." if they weren't
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:Main reason i think they are already married is that NO ONE in that whole family has talked about them getting married, everyone is throwing baby talk at them. I would think at least someone would pipe up with "how about a wedding THEN babies.." if they weren't

They've talked about it quite a bit though. Even in the video posted today they talked about it, Corey said he really wants to marry her.
I think they could be married, it would make sense. But at the same time Im not sure theyre that great of actors, they've talked about wanting to be married a lot and it seems as genuine as the rest of the things they talk about.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:Idk about "barely dated" he was around for a good bit (like more than a year, easy) before she was arrested.
Barely dated: They met around June 2013. She got arrested in November 2013. They weren't even living in the same state!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Idk about "barely dated" he was around for a good bit (like more than a year, easy) before she was arrested.
Barely dated: They met around June 2013. She got arrested in November 2013. They weren't even living in the same state!
Not true, they both were together at Christmas in 2013, i just watched vlogs from that Christmas last week and Corey was with Brit at Grandberry's for Christmas and at C&K's house closer to New Years. There are vlogs with her in them after MG was born. She might have been initially arrested in 2013 but she was not in prison in November of 2013.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
Not true, they both were together at Christmas in 2013, i just watched vlogs from that Christmas last week and Corey was with Brit at Grandberry's for Christmas and at C&K's house closer to New Years. There are vlogs with her in them after MG was born. She might have been initially arrested in 2013 but she was not in prison in November of 2013.
Yes, she was out of jail (for the initial arrest) by Christmas (but she was in most of November). But then they broke up in the summer of 2014 (she even had a different boyfriend). Then she went to prison. They barely dated a year - and most of it long distance.
Last edited by ewokfan11 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
Yes, she was out of prison by Christmas (she was in most of November). But then they broke up in the summer of 2014 (she even had a different boyfriend). Then she went to prison. They barely dated a year - and most of it long distance.
She's only been in prison once from what i understood... am i missing something??
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:She's only been in prison once from what i understood... am i missing something??
She was held for almost a month after her initial arrest because no one bailed her out of jail. Then she went to prison for several years after she was convicted of a felony.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Playsinrain wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:This is going to be a LONG SHOT gossipy-guess by far, but could they already be secretly married? I remember he posted a TBT insta pic with Britney in Vegas. Maybe they eloped there before she went to prison? It would make more sense why he's stayed with her through two years in prison, picked up and moved to Alabama, why they wants kids so fast, etc.

I mean, they never seem to talk about getting married, but they want kids like tomorrow....hmmmm, something isn't adding up!
This is actually a pretty dang good theory. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this was true. Nice thinking! lol
But they broke up during prison time, and he had to bag her to take him back. Also "funny" was the tower in the draw my life, which was prison, and he sent her flowers in prison. In the wedding theory this instead could have been the wedding bouquet lol.

These people, including C&K, are very calculating, much more than we tend to realize, with the excuse she gave for Corry drawing her life instead of herself...it's all being deliberately thought through.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

lovingthisforum wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:This is going to be a LONG SHOT gossipy-guess by far, but could they already be secretly married? I remember he posted a TBT insta pic with Britney in Vegas. Maybe they eloped there before she went to prison? It would make more sense why he's stayed with her through two years in prison, picked up and moved to Alabama, why they wants kids so fast, etc.

I mean, they never seem to talk about getting married, but they want kids like tomorrow....hmmmm, something isn't adding up!
This is actually a pretty dang good theory. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this was true. Nice thinking! lol
But they broke up during prison time, and he had to bag her to take him back. Also "funny" was the tower in the draw my life, which was prison, and he sent her flowers in prison. In the wedding theory this instead could have been the wedding bouquet lol.

These people, including C&K, are very calculating, much more than we tend to realize, with the excuse she gave for Corry drawing her life instead of herself...it's all being deliberately thought through.
How did he send her flowers in prison? That doesn't seem possible. Maybe when she went to the work release program, because that's where she was released from.
Wow, so he had to "beg her" to take him back? Interesting.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote:But they broke up during prison time, and he had to bag her to take him back. Also "funny" was the tower in the draw my life, which was prison, and he sent her flowers in prison. In the wedding theory this instead could have been the wedding bouquet lol.

How did he send her flowers in prison? That doesn't seem possible. Maybe when she went to the work release program, because that's where she was released from.
Wow, so he had to "beg her" to take him back? Interesting.
I agree that they are being really calculating about everything, but they are also LYING. I don't believe that he begged her to take him back. And while she was in prison??? Maybe they just "click" as a couple, but from what I've seem of Britney (now and before she went to prison) she seems like an extremely immature wild child who doesn't want to be a responsible adult.

Also, how crazy is it for him to pick up and buy a house in Alabama if they only got back together when she was in prison??? That's a major fast-forward for a relationship that didn't seem too stable to begin with. I wonder if he knew she was a drug trafficker before she got arrested for it?? Maybe he did, otherwise that would be a big shock.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”