• Advertisement

DailyNightmaresBeforeChristmas Part #98

Re: DailyNightmaresBeforeChristmas Part #98

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
menehune wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:[quote="HelloSweetie"]People are missing the point on the Friends thing entirely. It's a cult hit, and has a huge following. For once they aren't into something just because it was popular at the time. It's a good show! My 10 year old loves it. Is he not supposed to watch it because it's old? And how does loving that show have anything to do with being (or not being) a good friend. It's comedy and entertainment. I think Bryan and Missy are trying too hard to be retro-hip by throwing a theme party like that for a handful of people (on a Wed), but I can't judge their love for that show. It's pretty excellent in my opinion.

It's more of the fact that they just do things bc they think it's cool, not bc they actually LIKE something. In the 4 years ive been watching these idiots i could count on 1 hand how many times they have talked about Friends. All this 90's retro stuff is all the rage right now, they are just trying to fit in, again...
Now if they had thrown a Harry Potter themed Halloween party, or and Outlander viewing party. I wouldnt say a word, but its the bandwagon jumping that makes me side eye this crap. My 12 year old absolutely LOVES Golden Girls and watches it with her grandmother everyday after school, so i understand your point, but i see this more as trying to be cool and hip than being actual fans of the show.

Bryan has mentioned Friends a ton of times with clever quotes and references. If you aren't a fan of the show it probably just went over your head. No doubt hes a legit fan.

Yep. He's a fan.

Unless another YTer has recently had a Friends party, or it's become a thing to host one, I fail to see how this is bandwagon jumping. Seems like an original concept to me.[/quote]Oh, I know it was a good show. I am old enough to actually remember watching it every week and being all hung up on whether or not Ross and Rachel were going to end up together. I guess I have just never been so obsessed with a TV show that I would throw a party based on it and pose with my friends pretending to be the characters. I love Princess Bride, but I don't throw Princess Bride trivia parties. I guess that's just Bryan. When he likes something, he's all in. I still think it's got something to do with him not really having friends like that, but that's just my armchair psychology. Take it or leave it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby QweenKris » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:39 am

DidEyeSayIt wrote:That Brooke lady seems like the most annoying lady on the planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh trust me. She is. No wonder they’re “friends”

QweenKris
Talker

Postby Theirmom » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:11 am

Playsinrain wrote:
It's more of the fact that they just do things bc they think it's cool, not bc they actually LIKE something. In the 4 years ive been watching these idiots i could count on 1 hand how many times they have talked about Friends. All this 90's retro stuff is all the rage right now, they are just trying to fit in, again...
Now if they had thrown a Harry Potter themed Halloween party, or and Outlander viewing party. I wouldnt say a word, but its the bandwagon jumping that makes me side eye this crap. My 12 year old absolutely LOVES Golden Girls and watches it with her grandmother everyday after school, so i understand your point, but i see this more as trying to be cool and hip than being actual fans of the show.

Nah. They’ve been obsessed with Friends since day one. It’s constantly playing on their muted tv in the background. Even before they had Ollie.
Every Q&A they’ve been asked about favourite shows, they’ve consistently answered Friends.
They aren’t bandwagoning this time. They’ve been legitimate fans for years. I’m surprised anyone would think otherwise. They bring it up enough that it’s borderline obnoxious.
:roll:
Theirmom
True Gossiper

Postby abbytalks12 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:16 am

And in case anyone doesn't know the turkey on Missy's head is from an episode where Monica was trying to make up to chandler and he told her he loved her for the first time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
abbytalks12
Talker

Postby TChristine » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:35 am

Playsinrain wrote:
TChristine wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:Im not tech savvy so asking if anyone can do a before and after of Missy's botox results
It's so obvious when compared. I don't care that she did it but of course they'd never be honest about it. [img]/img]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

She looks so much better, and yes it's painfully obvious. But, and on the rare occasion I'm going to defend Missy here... who really freely admits they got botox? She obviously bothered enough by her premature aging that she had it done, so i'm certain she is not going to bring more attention too it. Good for her. I would have several cosmetic procedures done if i had her $$$ to blow. If she doesn't want to admit it, then thats her prerogative. I'm just glad she finally did something about it, now if that dr could convince her that a nice moisturizer won't kill her she might actually start looking like her mothers daughter instead of her mothers slightly younger sister....
I'm pretty shocked she got it done. shes the biggest needle pussy ive ever seen. Positive Mimi was with her to hold her hand.
I do get your point but in light of them just talking about how frugal they are the hypocrisy is annoying.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
TChristine
Amateur

Postby ja14 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:35 am

I would 100% get Botox too after reading all the shit people said say about the face wrinkles. As someone else mentioned, she won't be able to do it while pregnant, so depending on how long it takes to wear off, it could be a telling sign when she actually is pregnant!

ja14
Gossiper

Postby ja14 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:38 am

Acbsktbll wrote:So they hosted a Friendsgiving. I have to say the crowd is smaller compared to other gatherings and who the F are some of these people!?![img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171116/e4755637cc00f1f1b36f331c2dc36574.jpg[/img][img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171116/99ef0a1b21e20be32f00db3cc235aa30.jpg[/img][img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171116/d5e796d6b2ebbe8a20c899475ae28218.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Was the picture of Bryan a still photo of a video screenshot? He looks thin in that picture!

ja14
Gossiper

Postby Amelia322 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:52 am

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171116/31702fec881fe7fbc7c4777f699ec3b4.jpg[/img]

Wow real improvement! So glad she got it done I hope it helps with her confidence! She looks better!

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Obviously i was wrong about the Friends thing, last time they did anything Friends related people gave them shit about it though.. i guess i don't pay enough attention to have realized they were so diehard.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:17 pm

She posted a picture of herself in an apron with the caption "Hosted a little dinner party tonight" as if she did all the work and didn't just throw some money at the caterers. The table decorations were either straight off of Pinterest, or provided by the caterers.
And who decorates a "Friendsgiving" table with Christmas decorations?
The insta story of her dancing with the turkey on her head is frightening.[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171116/7f55c3e64dc7cbdf44c9a319aa8aee1f.jpg[/img]

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby cat9480 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:20 pm

lmmomSD wrote:I guess I have just never been so obsessed with a TV show that I would throw a party based on it and pose with my friends pretending to be the characters.

Oh, were they supposed to be “in costume?” Is that what Missy’s horrendous outfit was all about?

cat9480
Gossiper

Postby DidEyeSayIt » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:28 pm

lmmomSD wrote:She posted a picture of herself in an apron with the caption "Hosted a little dinner party tonight" as if she did all the work and didn't just throw some money at the caterers. The table decorations were either straight off of Pinterest, or provided by the caterers.
The insta story of her dancing with the turkey on her head is frightening.[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171116/7f55c3e64dc7cbdf44c9a319aa8aee1f.jpg[/img]

I think the table looks great! I’d like to eat at a table that pretty! Who gives a shit if she got ideas from Pinterest. Doesn’t everyone? It seems like she did put a lot of work into the party, in my opinion!

DidEyeSayIt
Talker

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:31 pm

I think the table looked cute too... if it were for a Christmas party... not for thanksgiving. But i'm not a Christmas before thanksgiving person either..
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby tintin15 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:47 pm

lmmomSD wrote:She posted a picture of herself in an apron with the caption "Hosted a little dinner party tonight" as if she did all the work and didn't just throw some money at the caterers. The table decorations were either straight off of Pinterest, or provided by the caterers.
The insta story of her dancing with the turkey on her head is frightening. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 8aee1f.jpg

Missy looks like a regular 50's housewife (aside from the hairstyle). Was Corbin there to impress? ;)
tintin15
True Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:51 pm

tintin15 wrote:
The insta story of her dancing with the turkey on her head is frightening. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 8aee1f.jpg

Missy looks like a regular 50's housewife (aside from the hairstyle). Was Corbin there to impress? ;)

Oh but OF COURSE!!!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby Shorty02 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:54 pm

I think this might be my favorite party they’ve ever thrown. I love Friends and the holidays, so this is right up my alley. I’m pretty sure the table decorations were from Pier One because I saw them there and thought they were really cute. I loved the Friends door and poster too, it was a really cute and inexpensive idea. I might steal it someday lol.

Shorty02
Informer

Postby spacekitty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:05 pm

This party seems way more lax than the Halloween one, you can tell this was done for them and not the viewers just by looking at the thumbnail and the title. It wasn’t set up to grab anyone’s attention, it was literally what they did that day.
Also, what’s this about a Thanksgiving vacation in a few weeks? Wonder if by any chance it’s Idaho.

spacekitty
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Shorty02 wrote:I think this might be my favorite party they’ve ever thrown. I love Friends and the holidays, so this is right up my alley. I’m pretty sure the table decorations were from Pier One because I saw them there and thought they were really cute. I loved the Friends door and poster too, it was a really cute and inexpensive idea. I might steal it someday lol.

So it was basically like Ollie's room. She saw a table at Pier One, threw a bunch of money at it, and catered it. I'm sorry. That doesn't qualify as "putting a lot of work into it". I entertained a lot during my Navy officer's wife years. And I never catered anything. Maybe I'm just a judgy bitch. When they're broke, living in Jimmy's garage, they can show Finn and Ollie where all the money went.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby spacekitty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Sorry I can’t edit, but I found it funny Bryan made the veggie mix and the turkey, meanwhile Missy goes “oh thats my cookies!” yet Bryan posts that pic of her with the apron? I’m sure she needed that just for cookies

spacekitty
Guru Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:15 pm

spacekitty wrote:This party seems way more lax than the Halloween one, you can tell this was done for them and not the viewers just by looking at the thumbnail and the title. It wasn’t set up to grab anyone’s attention, it was literally what they did that day.
Also, what’s this about a Thanksgiving vacation in a few weeks? Wonder if by any chance it’s Idaho.

Probably Idlewild (sp??) I think they have gone there with her family the past few years for thanksgiving. Wasn't it last year when they had to go out and buy all new coats (for the the 3rd time in a couple months) and missy wore hers with the tags still on it, and then it was never seen again? Oh and they had that perfectly gorgeous cabin, but it wasn't brand spanking new and modern, so of course Missy kept bitching about it being too small (pretty sure it was like 5 or 6 bedrooms) and everything was "cute", Lanningese for "horrible"
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby Shorty02 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:16 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
Shorty02 wrote:I think this might be my favorite party they’ve ever thrown. I love Friends and the holidays, so this is right up my alley. I’m pretty sure the table decorations were from Pier One because I saw them there and thought they were really cute. I loved the Friends door and poster too, it was a really cute and inexpensive idea. I might steal it someday lol.

So it was basically like Ollie's room. She saw a table at Pier One, threw a bunch of money at it, and catered it. I'm sorry. That doesn't qualify as "putting a lot of work into it". I entertained a lot during my Navy officer's wife years. And I never catered anything. Maybe I'm just a judgy bitch. When they're broke, living in Jimmy's garage, they can show Finn and Ollie where all the money went.

You’re definitely entitled to your opinion, I just don’t agree with you in this instance. I liked the party and it was a hell of a lot less extravagant than most of their other parties. I judge the hell out of Ollie’s Birthday parties and their over the top ridiculous Christmas nonsense. I’m not going to judge them as harshly for this party though, because it’s a lot more similar to something I would do.
Shorty02
Informer

Postby DidEyeSayIt » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:38 pm

lmmomSD wrote:

Do you know for sure it was was catered? It didn’t seem like it to me. Maybe I am missing something? So I am curious, what is wrong with the table setup? Do you expect people to knit their own table runners and melt their own flatware? My god.

DidEyeSayIt
Talker

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:41 pm

They said it was potluck, so unless some of the finger foods they showed displayed were catered, then i'm assuming there were no caterers this time.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby queentee20 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:41 pm

DidEyeSayIt wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

Do you know for sure it was was catered? It didn’t seem like it to me. Maybe I am missing something? So I am curious, what is wrong with the table setup? Do you expect people to knit their own table runners and melt their own flatware? My god.

Ok watch the attitude there, I think the point is missy & Bryan love to act as if they work soooooooo Fucking hard on their parties yet they take mega shortcuts. No one gives a f*** if you go to pier 1 and copy their table settings, my family does it too!! but we also aren’t claiming to put all the work into it. Missy & Bryan act like they put all the creativity themselves and love to take credit for others work, and that’s the issue. Just that, nothing else....
queentee20
Gossiper

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:43 pm

It didn't look catered to me. They likely bought some of those squares and cookies on the counter, but other then that they made the turkey and veggies, and the rest was pot luck style.
It was a normal, run of the mill, not like the lumps at all kind of party. Low key, home made decorations, simple, home made food. It honestly looked normal, and like a good time. And definitely something they would have likely done even if they hadn't filmed.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Extreme Gossiper

PreviousNext

Return to DailyBumps/BumpsAlongTheWay