DailyNightmaresBeforeChristmas Part #98

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyNightmaresBeforeChristmas Part #98

Unread post by cat9480 »

actuallydear wrote:If Bryan falls down, the channel falls down. Their families fall down. Their friends and their families fall down, too. That is a shit load of pressure and no one picking up the slack unless Bryan pays them to.... rinse and repeat.
The most stressful part of this is that it’s “when,” not “if.” We all know the end is going to come at some point - YouTube fame is not forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

MadeHD wrote:Guess what guys. They make ALOT of money. $800 is nothing. They make 100K EASY, PER MONTH.
It doesn’t matter how much they make if they spend at a rate equal to or greater than what they earn.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

cat9480 wrote:
actuallydear wrote:If Bryan falls down, the channel falls down. Their families fall down. Their friends and their families fall down, too. That is a shit load of pressure and no one picking up the slack unless Bryan pays them to.... rinse and repeat.
The most stressful part of this is that it’s “when,” not “if.” We all know the end is going to come at some point - YouTube fame is not forever.

But they won't acknowledge that. Not out loud, anyway.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
DidEyeSayIt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DidEyeSayIt »

I actually feel really bad for Bryan and I think if he was REAL more often he would be SO likable and I feel like he has been more likable lately. I think it’s sad that Missy rarely seems to show affection towards him and I do believe his job is stressful! So much is on HIS shoulders. He does all the work for his family and all of Missy’s family.... like several others already said. I don’t really believe Bryan likes making all these little kid videos, I think he would rather be more adult but that’s not what makes the money. I think if fame never hit Bryan and he had a normal life I think he could be really cool and chill!
Trying to decide whether he really struggles with depression or not is way out of line... as is calling him “Brylard” all the time. Rude.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I find Bryan's behaviour, his spending habits, his over-the-top consumption, and his defensiveness on social media all very off-putting, but if he says he struggles with depression and/or anxiety, who am I to say he does not? I can totally understand why he would, and even if there is no obvious reason, he still could be suffering- if that makes sense. I also think calling him Brylard is inappropriate.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

As I said, if Bryan has depression, then he has depression. I have no reason to not believe him, because I do think he could definitely have it. And if nothing else, I can definitely imagine he's stressed. Missy could be considered abusive (how would we feel if our partner treated us the way she treats Bryan? The neglect...the distaste...it's horrible) and Bryan really does have everything on his shoulders. I don't think it's Youtube, so much as what Youtube entails. The expectations from, not just the fans, but from Missy's family...they must be awful. Imagine when views dip...I wonder if he fears them all abandoning him, should their Youtube career end.

And I think his egotism is a total facade because he doesn't like himself at all.

I, too, hate the name Brylard. I thought I was the only one.
twinklepink88
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by twinklepink88 »

I do feel a little bad now for mocking Bryan about his depression tweet, but I think this is one of those complicated issues that people just make too taboo to comment on at all, which isn't okay either. I know people who *actually* suffer from anxiety/depression/various other mental health issues, and there is no way they'd be able to run a million dollar business, or even get up and film every day. One of the main factors of a mental health disorder is that it interferes with your daily life, and this does not really *seem* to be the case with Bryan (or Missy, but she wasn't the one who tweeted about it). If it is, then I take it back, and who cares about my little random opinion that much anyway, but I don't see why not believing him on that count is any worse than other things people make fun of them for on here.

I definitely don't think it's good at all to dismiss legit mental health issues... but the flip side of the coin is that not EVERYONE in the world can suffer from anxiety and depression. And if you ask my facebook feed on one of those mental health awareness days, it seems like 75%+ of the world have self-diagnosed themselves with mental health issues..I think this only adds to the problem of not taking the people with actual disorders seriously. Life is hard for everyone, and I have spent my fair share of time curled up in a ball wanting to die, but it doesn't mean I have depression, and I am SO awkward in social situations and get nervous about them, but it doesn't mean I have an anxiety disorder. Bryan may have dug himself a hole with Missy and her family and is scared they will leave him when/if their Youtube income ends, but that doesn't mean he has a mental health disorder.

Anyway, I still don't really believe Bryan claiming to have actual anxiety and depression, just from what I know about him in general. Yes, he may have had a difficult childhood, yes, he almost definitely has low self esteem to let Missy treat him the way she does, and yes he acts way too happy and perfect all the time...but these people also have a bit of a track record of embellishing things, attention & approval seeking, and straight up lying.
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

twinklepink88 wrote:I do feel a little bad now for mocking Bryan about his depression tweet, but I think this is one of those complicated issues that people just make too taboo to comment on at all, which isn't okay either. I know people who *actually* suffer from anxiety/depression/various other mental health issues, and there is no way they'd be able to run a million dollar business, or even get up and film every day. One of the main factors of a mental health disorder is that it interferes with your daily life, and this does not really *seem* to be the case with Bryan (or Missy, but she wasn't the one who tweeted about it). If it is, then I take it back, and who cares about my little random opinion that much anyway, but I don't see why not believing him on that count is any worse than other things people make fun of them for on here.

I definitely don't think it's good at all to dismiss legit mental health issues... but the flip side of the coin is that not EVERYONE in the world can suffer from anxiety and depression. And if you ask my facebook feed on one of those mental health awareness days, it seems like 75%+ of the world have self-diagnosed themselves with mental health issues..I think this only adds to the problem of not taking the people with actual disorders seriously. Life is hard for everyone, and I have spent my fair share of time curled up in a ball wanting to die, but it doesn't mean I have depression, and I am SO awkward in social situations and get nervous about them, but it doesn't mean I have an anxiety disorder. Bryan may have dug himself a hole with Missy and her family and is scared they will leave him when/if their Youtube income ends, but that doesn't mean he has a mental health disorder.

Anyway, I still don't really believe Bryan claiming to have actual anxiety and depression, just from what I know about him in general. Yes, he may have had a difficult childhood, yes, he almost definitely has low self esteem to let Missy treat him the way she does, and yes he acts way too happy and perfect all the time...but these people also have a bit of a track record of embellishing things, attention & approval seeking, and straight up lying.
How do you know all of those people on your Facebook feed don’t have legit mental health issues? You don’t, you’re just assuming based on what you know.

Like I said, I am one of those people who suffers from anxiety and depression. I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder in my early teens, I’m 33 years old now and it’s still a constant struggle. I was able to work for over a decade and struggled with my anxiety that entire time. I was laid off a couple years ago (not because of my anxiety) and it sent me into a downward spiral of deep depression and I’m still struggling to get out of it. Most of the people on my Facebook feed have no idea what I have been through and what I continue to go through. Just because it looks like someone is functioning on the outside, it doesn’t mean they are on the inside. One major life event could send him spiraling too. You just never know.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

DailyNightmaresBeforeChristmas Part #98

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I have "actual" anxiety and so does my son. I have had to push myself so far outside of my comfort zone to be able to rally and be the most involved parent possible. Does my anxiety interfere with my life in a way that is noticeable to others? No likely. The most noticeable aspect would be a tendency to avoid social situations. Do we see Bryan going to the gym anymore, or hanging with friends when it isn't considered work? Not really.

My oldest is 10, and has anxiety that can be crippling at times. Do people that aren't close to us see this however? They do not. He is a dance competitor and is able to perform on stage for hundreds of people, rarely miss dance practice and also maintain good grades. Things is, there are some days where he can't even handle the smallest of things, like too much time with an overbearing person, or getting a B on homework. Anxiety is a tricky thing, and what people that don't suffer from it think it looks like, and what it actually is is often different. Having suffered from anxiety however, I can see it in others. Know how Bryan gets loud and overexcited when others are around? Could totally be anxiety.

Much like addiction, mental illness does not always interfere with your life in a noticeable way. It's a struggle that is very real to the person that has it. A lingering feeling of insecurity, fear and failure. This often makes more some of the most successful people, but not necessarily the happiest.

The misinformation about mental illness and what it "looks like" just makes me stabby.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

twinklepink88 wrote:I do feel a little bad now for mocking Bryan about his depression tweet, but I think this is one of those complicated issues that people just make too taboo to comment on at all, which isn't okay either. I know people who *actually* suffer from anxiety/depression/various other mental health issues, and there is no way they'd be able to run a million dollar business, or even get up and film every day. One of the main factors of a mental health disorder is that it interferes with your daily life, and this does not really *seem* to be the case with Bryan (or Missy, but she wasn't the one who tweeted about it). If it is, then I take it back, and who cares about my little random opinion that much anyway, but I don't see why not believing him on that count is any worse than other things people make fun of them for on here.

Nope. If you think the main indicator of people with real Mental illness is that it interferes with their functionality, you’re incredibly misinformed.

The vast, VAST majority of people with the most common mental illnesses are what is called “high functioning “. It means that you are emotionally crippled, but you still get shit done.

Being high functioning is the number one reason those suffering with mental illness are treated with skepticism and very little sympathy. To most people they seem perfectly normal, so those around them have normal expectations of their abilities. The crushing weight of people thinking you are mentally typical, and having to put all of your mental energy into maintaining that facade is exhausting.

I’m high functioning bipolar. Most people, even my own mother still doesn’t believe it’s “that bad”, because she hasn’t seen me sobbing on the bathroom floor, or break my foot putting it through the wall. My home is kept, my children are well adjusted, I’m put together and friendly. I function in a socially acceptable manner until I’m by myself.

It affects me. It interferes with me. I DON’T let it affect anyone else. I get my shit done. My mental illness is real, even if you can’t see it. And it’s so much worse than I’ve ever let on.
:roll:
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

actuallydear wrote:The comment about abusive relationships and some people not recognising it because Bryan is a man.

Just imagine if everything were the same in their situation... only Bryan was Missy and Missy was Bryan.

Realistically how would most of us view that? Abusive. Cuz that’s what it is.

If Bryan falls down, the channel falls down. Their families fall down. Their friends and their families fall down, too. That is a shit load of pressure and no one picking up the slack unless Bryan pays them to.... rinse and repeat.
But Bryan is abusive, remember that one time he wouldn't let Missy buy Reese's Cups, like, five years ago? Total sociopath.

(I'm not being serious, I just remember someone using this argument in previous threads. I'm totally on team Missy's emotionally abusive [though she might not recognize it because of her upbringing])
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

About time they take their butts to carl and jingers .. How many times did they travel to them?

What's up with that eclipse t-shirt? You'd think it was the only thing she owned

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

onbreak wrote:About time they take their butts to carl and jingers .. How many times did they travel to them?

What's up with that eclipse t-shirt? You'd think it was the only thing she owned

Is that where they are? They’ve been pretty quiet on social media and I was wondering what they were up to! Lol

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

onbreak wrote:About time they take their butts to carl and jingers .. How many times did they travel to them?

Considering she buys the most uncomfortable-looking clothes, the eclipse shirt was probably the only thing comfortable enough for a road trip.
Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Acbsktbll »

I think it's interesting that his tweet was the same time his mom was visiting. Besides being whatever day he claimed, maybe he and his mom had a little chat.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
DidEyeSayIt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DidEyeSayIt »

Acbsktbll wrote:I think it's interesting that his tweet was the same time his mom was visiting. Besides being whatever day he claimed, maybe he and his mom had a little chat.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
What was up with his mom visiting anyways? Was she only there for a day? From what I saw she was only like on two seconds of the vlog and nothing else was said. Although, maybe she doesn’t like being on camera very much? She looked fantastic though!

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

I will admit I did cringe when Missy told Bryan he was not ever going to ask her to road trip to Idaho. Ever. And the look in her eye and thinking, yeah, that's where Bryan's Mom and Sister are. It felt very control freakish and mean. When Bryan's sister comes to visit she doesn't seem comfortable. Maybe it's the camera but she seems very sweet and shy. I feel bad it's always her coming to them (and his Mom) . I remember when Bryan bought Bev a car. That was a sweet moment too.

Now don't get me wrong. Bryan irks me to death in so many ways but when he is more vulnerable and real, I can see a person I might actually could stand.

Missy, not so much. I feel she controls how much they do for her family and his family is a bare bare minimum to get anything done for them. I feel like there is a very unfair balance there. I almost feel like he had to beg to buy that car that time though I have no proof of that whatsoever. I felt like MIssy was like, there, I let you do one big thing now write Daddy's check, don't forget Uncle and Aunt too.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

queentee20 wrote:
actuallydear wrote:The comment about abusive relationships and some people not recognising it because Bryan is a man.

Just imagine if everything were the same in their situation... only Bryan was Missy and Missy was Bryan.

Realistically how would most of us view that? Abusive. Cuz that’s what it is.

If Bryan falls down, the channel falls down. Their families fall down. Their friends and their families fall down, too. That is a shit load of pressure and no one picking up the slack unless Bryan pays them to.... rinse and repeat.
Yup, I mean we only see a small piece of their lives but from what we see, missy and her family are abusive...
I think when they got divorced as someone mentioned previously that obviously Bryan's mum took his side while Missy's parents always gave him shit for not being able to support Missy, that they were sleeping together before marriage, living together, then living at her parents' place because Bryan 'couldn't support her'. Now that he can and supports everyone, his mum prob is his only cheer leader. For whatever reason there is a clear disconnect with Missy and her mother in law, and wished we saw his mum on the vlogs/in town more.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

How long after they bought the car for Bev did Missy get the Cadillac? Just wondering. Because I think it was fairly soon after. Maybe I am remembering wrong. Was it before? Or maybe it was Mimi suddenly having a new car that I remember. In any case, we noticed here that someone on her side of the family had a new car pretty quickly after they bought a _used_ Nissan Sentra for Bev. She was obviously still thrilled, because she's that kind of person. And honestly, I would be thrilled with a recent model of just about anything, so I get it. But when Mimi and Missy are driving brand new nicer cars, it's pretty obvious.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

Rompers....check! Ugly t-shirts that I think I look hot in....check! Clothes that are too small for my kids....check! My husband's wannabe Justin Bieber outfits in size XXXL....check! Yeah, looks like they Dumps are all packed for yet another useless road trip! Poor Carl & Jinger - do they even know what they are getting themselves into?? Missy will be acting like they are the concierge the entire time hahaha

Return to “Daily Bumps”