DailyNightmaresBeforeChristmas Part #98

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyNightmaresBeforeChristmas Part #98

Unread post by Playsinrain »

onbreak wrote:About time they take their butts to carl and jingers .. How many times did they travel to them?

What's up with that eclipse t-shirt? You'd think it was the only thing she owned

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
She made that shirt with Corbin, i'm sure it's near and dear to her heart. <3
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

It would be so beneficial for those two children if their parents made this Christmas special by NOT making it about a mountain of gifts and crazy activities. Watch Christmas movies as a family with cocoa and popcorn. Go look at lights. They attend church so make this is a wonderful time to learn about the Nativity. Make cookies together and DON'T vlog it. Just let it happen as a family, together, with no big narrative throughout to a camera.

Keep the gifts simple and few. A few things they know their children will love, and they don't have to be huge. That way they can focus on those special gifts and they don't get lost in the mountain of "stuff" and forgotten. That makes the gifts meaningless. It's been said to death here but gifts are MEANINGLESS to these children, and that's so sad. I love the looks of glee on my children's faces when they get that ONE gift they truly wanted, and they cherish it and play with it all day on Christmas. Oliver has never made that face, that we've seen. He's 4...and there hasn't been one moment of genuine childhood glee in his life. I am so sad for his lost childhood. He's never experienced true Christmas.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Edenberry wrote:It would be so beneficial for those two children if their parents made this Christmas special by NOT making it about a mountain of gifts and crazy activities. Watch Christmas movies as a family with cocoa and popcorn. Go look at lights. They attend church so make this is a wonderful time to learn about the Nativity. Make cookies together and DON'T vlog it. Just let it happen as a family, together, with no big narrative throughout to a camera.

Keep the gifts simple and few. A few things they know their children will love, and they don't have to be huge. That way they can focus on those special gifts and they don't get lost in the mountain of "stuff" and forgotten. That makes the gifts meaningless. It's been said to death here but gifts are MEANINGLESS to these children, and that's so sad. I love the looks of glee on my children's faces when they get that ONE gift they truly wanted, and they cherish it and play with it all day on Christmas. Oliver has never made that face, that we've seen. He's 4...and there hasn't been one moment of genuine childhood glee in his life. I am so sad for his lost childhood. He's never experienced true Christmas.
Bad thing is they will never do that bc most of the kids who watch them would be bored out of their minds and they wouldnt get 8mil views on their Christmas special. The kids don't want to watch people have the same Christmas that they get. (well i wont say all bc there are families all over the spectrum that let their kids watch this crap. From those who get extravagant gifts like Ollie to those who might not get anything. But, for the sake of my comment, I'm assuming the norm is exactly what you described to at least some extent) They want to see their "dream" Christmas, plies and plies of toys, so many that they can't keep track. Bryan is going to always do what brings in money, he doesn't *really* give a fuck about his kids, just as long as they are bringing in the dough. They think they are doing the kids some sort of favor by going over the top with EVERYTHING they do, but he is fucking these boys up for life. Chances are when Ollie and Finn are adults they wont have the luxury of doing the same for their own kids. Seeing as though we know Bryan and Missy wont be pushing them to get a higher education and good jobs. And B&M are blowing though money so fast the kids won't have a dime of that money to fall back on, even though they are the ones that MAKE the money for their parents. Ollie's acting career isn't going anywhere.. when they have to give their kids a "normal" Christmas(birthday/Halloween/vacation) they will feel like they are failing their kids. It's sad to think about the future these boys have waiting for them.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

queentee20 wrote:A lot of you are so quick to judge but do you ever sit back and think if you had that money, If you were in Bryan’s position, would you really do anything differently? .... I’m sure you all would this be great parents (unlike the dumps) but wouldn’t you give your kids piles of presents? A good chunk of people with the money M&B give their kids the same thing, only difference is that they don’t show it to millions of people.... I don’t think it’s even about the views bc tbh their Christmas specials are boring AF, they don’t show much of the kids opening presents. I truly think M&B have the money so they want to give their kids EVERYTHING, and I know how we all feel about it, but I think it’s just something people with money tend to do... not all, but some. I do know some wealthy people to raise their kids right, but a good amount don’t, just like missy and Bryan.
Nope i wouldn't, I have no desire to make my kids into the kid Ollie is. I could have all the money in the world and i would not shower my children with crazy amounts of gifts like they do. Religious or not, Christmas is about way more than just getting gobs of toys. My children would see me donating more $$ to people less fortunate than us than i would spend on them. We do this already, and no amount of money would change that perspective to me.
Rosiex3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Rosiex3 »

queentee20 wrote:A lot of you are so quick to judge but do you ever sit back and think if you had that money, If you were in Bryan’s position, would you really do anything differently? .... I’m sure you all would this be great parents (unlike the dumps) but wouldn’t you give your kids piles of presents? A good chunk of people with the money M&B give their kids the same thing, only difference is that they don’t show it to millions of people.... I don’t think it’s even about the views bc tbh their Christmas specials are boring AF, they don’t show much of the kids opening presents. I truly think M&B have the money so they want to give their kids EVERYTHING, and I know how we all feel about it, but I think it’s just something people with money tend to do... not all, but some. I do know some wealthy people to raise their kids right, but a good amount don’t, just like missy and Bryan.

Accidentally liked, but no way.. the amount of money is no excuse to buy heap load of toys that they probably wouldn’t play with for more than 3 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

Rosiex3 wrote:

Accidentally liked, but no way.. the amount of money is no excuse to buy heap load of toys that they probably wouldn’t play with for more than 3 hours.

This. Just because you CAN spoil your kids doesn't mean you SHOULD. Ideally you would use your wealth to teach your kids about smart spending and money management. Obviously at their current ages there's only so much of that they'll understand, but they've already laid a foundation of wastefulness and extravagance in their minds.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I know people with their money and they live paycheck to paycheck.
No impressed.
I like the idea of a simple Christmas.. Doubt they'll do it. Santa and the grinch have to make an appearance.

I legit cried at the l.l. bean commercial last night, where the parents moved Christmas outside.. If it comes on tonight during This Is Us.. Ill be crying too.. :)

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

queentee20 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Nope i wouldn't, I have no desire to make my kids into the kid Ollie is. I could have all the money in the world and i would not shower my children with crazy amounts of gifts like they do. Religious or not, Christmas is about way more than just getting gobs of toys. My children would see me donating more $$ to people less fortunate than us than i would spend on them. We do this already, and no amount of money would change that perspective to me.
That’s an interesting viewpoint. But money changes people, sometimes in a good way and sometimes in bad ways...
I'm sure that it does, and yes if i came into a huge windfall at this moment it would probably change the way we celebrate Christmas, but it wouldn't change the way i give my kids gifts. I grew up pretty upper middle class, not grossly wealthy, but enough that my parents COULD have spoiled us on Christmas, but they never did. We got one "big" gift (some that i remember were a Super Nintendo, a nice 5 disk CD boombox, Oakley sunglasses. No cars or ponies, nothing over the top at all) and then several smaller gifts. I never got everything i asked for, and certainly not MORE than i could enjoy. Being raised like that does make a difference though, I wouldnt want anything more for my kids than i had, and i certainly would not make them expect to have something so extravagant every year. Thats another thing B&M are setting the kids (and themselves) up for. What happens when a year comes where they CAN'T go all over the top for the boys' gifts?? Cue a super pissed off Ollie bc he didn't get a mountain of gifts.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

People with money often SAVE the shit out of it. My husband would tell anyone who listens how poor he is, but our oldest is in private school, we take multiple yearly vacations, our children and pets are well cared for and want for nothing. We also have a healthy emergency and retirement savings and put money away every month for our boys education and have since the day they were born. We save a ton of money and with every pay increase that savings increases. That is how parents with money spoil their kids. Plus know what? If my children start to seem jaded at all we see it as a failure and dial everything they get back. It's a balance.

Oliver and Finn aren't going to care about having everything now if 10 years from now their parents (and grandparents) are struggling. I don't think they even buy those gifts anymore for the kids' reaction but because they are trying to make them happy and keep them busy. Ever notice Missy's face when she gets a gift? Yep... just like Oliver's. Bryan can keep trying, but he's never going to impress either one of them at this rate.

I agree about family time being far better, but family time without the Hollisters just isn't ever going to happen.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Did she ever say why there are hardly any toys in the toy room? I thought they were going to move the kitchen set in there and Fin would have a spot for his bed in #foreverollies room

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

No, I don’t think I would - if we’re talking about Christmas here. But, I think you are right that there are people with money who do choose to do that...but I wonder if it’s every day like in M&B’s case. An extravagant Christmas is one thing, but toys and treats day in and day out is another. Personal - my parents were big on a lot of gifts at Christmas (I mean, we’re not talking tons of super expensive, “rich people” things - but it was definitely more than many of my friends got), but we also knew that we did not get presents on other days. If you wanted something, you waited until Christmas or your birthday, or saved your money for it. Period. Christmas was still magical and special, we still focused on family and giving to others, and we enjoyed and used those gifts throughout the year. Ollie and Finn get presents and treats literally every single day - I don’t think that’s normal, even for most people with money. The vlog is an excuse to give the kids things for content, and non-vloggers don’t have that constant pressure for every day to be interesting and exciting.

So I think even if you’re right, there’s still room to judge...because it’s not *just* an extravagant Christmas we’re looking at. It’s an unrealistic and unsustainable lifestyle that is ultimately hurting their children. And, just because someone can afford to give their kids everything, doesn’t mean they should. I judge their lack of control as parents far more than I judge the desire to give their kids the things that they never had themselves.

DidEyeSayIt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DidEyeSayIt »

Well, these Carl and Jinger tools must have a shitty internet connection... or they had too much fun last night.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

You know what? If i had unlimited funds, I probably would “spoil” my kids.
They’d have good stuff and unforgettable vacations.

And I would still judge the crap out of the way B&M spoil their kids.

Because spoiling isn’t just about material items.

I could give my kids new iPhones every month, and they still wouldn’t be the jaded brats that the Lannings are. Because we have rules that we enforce, chores that they do, consequences that are consistently implemented and behaviour expectations that we do not waver from.

There are a lot of rich kids with lots of stuff that aren’t brats, because they’re not being raised by brats. Bryan and Missy are brats. Bryan because he raised himself without rules due to an uninvolved mother. Missy because her every whim was indulged and her parents put her on a pedestal. They don’t rnforce rules, manners or socially acceptable behaviour. They don’t value education or follow-through. Despite their success, they don’t really value a work ethic either. How often does Missy complain about Bryan working all day (the way she used to pout about Papa having to work)?

They’re all entitled brats. So yeah. I might “spoil” my kids if I had money like them. But they’re spoiled ROTTEN. And that would be true with or without money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

cat9480 wrote:
janem wrote:Off topic a bit.... don’t they usually go to Idelwild for Thanksgiving? So did they just to Utah for a day and then driving back to the mountains? Have to think that maybe missy pushed the trip to avoid Beverly.

Yeah, Idyllwild or Big Bear...not sure which. I don’t think Bev his sister was around this time - it was his mom and Bryan’s Aunt Bev. But, even so, she probably did push it to get away from his fam.

The calendar said idyllwild the other day

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Theirmom wrote:You know what? If i had unlimited funds, I probably would “spoil” my kids.
They’d have good stuff and unforgettable vacations.

And I would still judge the crap out of the way B&M spoil their kids.

Because spoiling isn’t just about material items.

I could give my kids new iPhones every month, and they still wouldn’t be the jaded brats that the Lannings are. Because we have rules that we enforce, chores that they do, consequences that are consistently implemented and behaviour expectations that we do not waver from.

There are a lot of rich kids with lots of stuff that aren’t brats, because they’re not being raised by brats. Bryan and Missy are brats. Bryan because he raised himself without rules due to an uninvolved mother. Missy because her every whim was indulged and her parents put her on a pedestal. They don’t rnforce rules, manners or socially acceptable behaviour. They don’t value education or follow-through. Despite their success, they don’t really value a work ethic either. How often does Missy complain about Bryan working all day (the way she used to pout about Papa having to work)?

They’re all entitled brats. So yeah. I might “spoil” my kids if I had money like them. But they’re spoiled ROTTEN. And that would be true with or without money.

Exactly. I can't say my kids aren't spoiled, but I've always told them that when they start acting spoiled rotten it's all getting shut down. They know I'm not kidding either. We have rules and expectations and they are spoiled often because they are good kids... not because they are entitled to anything. I also have a mother that is isn't scared to tell me exactly what she thinks and point out that I grew up just fine without yearly trips to Disneyland and getting whatever I wanted when I want. The Hollisters are in a position to influence B&M for the better, but clearly fall short.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Edenberry wrote:It would be so beneficial for those two children if their parents made this Christmas special by NOT making it about a mountain of gifts and crazy activities. Watch Christmas movies as a family with cocoa and popcorn. Go look at lights. They attend church so make this is a wonderful time to learn about the Nativity. Make cookies together and DON'T vlog it. Just let it happen as a family, together, with no big narrative throughout to a camera.

I agree 100%.

But-- never gonna happen. It's gotta be an extravaganza for two reasons. The vlog, of course. Gotta make all those kids watch it and wish their families were like that.

And the whole "we're giving our kids everything we didn't have" fantasy. But they're really not. What Bryan didn't have growing up was security and attention and lots of unconditional love. And Missy apparently never had any responsibility or need to do anything for herself. And I know I sound like a broken record, but what the kids need, they can give them for free.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lucycat732
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lucycat732 »

tintin15 wrote:I'm not sure if Nancy was the best mom to Bryan growing up (I'm not saying she wasn't, I just genuinely don't know if she was good or not bc I don't have much info), but regardless, she seems really sweet. I've always thought that. If Missy has a problem with something she did in the past (like being on Bryan's side, as some have speculated), she needs to get over it. I bet Nancy would love the hell out of her like her own daughter if she were allowed to.

Bryan seems to really love his family, but he can't do it fully thanks to his darling wife.
Yeah, and if it's true that Missy holds a grudge because Nancy took Bryan's side well then that is absolutely ridiculous. Barring physical or emotional abuse, of course a mother would take her son's side. Missy should try to put herself in Nancy's shoes and think about what Missy would do if Ollie or Finn (okay, just Ollie) were going through a heartbreak.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
I was in a pretty good position financially when I was married. And we had a budget for Christmas. Don't get me wrong, my kids had good Christmases, but we put a lot of thought into what they got. Ollie gets presents all the time. He got a freaking Hatchimal just for "being cooped up all day". There's no anticipation.

And it's not just Christmas. It's almost every day. October was one big candy fest. They had a costume every day. When my kids were little and we were getting ready for Halloween, it was all about waiting for the big night. They have taken that away from the kids for sure. Ollie is the most jaded child I have ever seen. Even Disneyland is no big deal.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

To contribute to the Missy, Nancy topic... I have thoughts lol

So, I totally support anyone who chooses to cut people out of their lives. Everyone has their own reasons, which may or may not be valid. Maybe the reason Missy doesn’t like Nancy has nothing to do with Bryan. Maybe they had blowout once, and Missy never got over it. Or maybe Nancy never approved. Or maybe Missy is just stuck up.
But.
If Missy is estranged from Bryan’s family, for whatever reason, she’s just not doing it right.
If she’s out, she needs to be entirely out. She needs to not be around them.
It’s one thing to make a choice to cut someone out of your life. It’s another thing entirely to be a passive aggressive asshole to people.

Personal: After nearly 20 years of my in laws treating me like shit, I’ve finally cut them out of my life this year. I will never see them again. They are not EVER welcome in my home. My husband is free to have whatever relationship with them that he chooses, but not in my home. And I allow them to have a supervised relationship with my children, but only as long as they never attempt to alienate them from me again (they shit talked me to my children, hence the cut off). If they try to turn my kids against me, they’ll have to wait until they’re adults to see them.
But, unlike Missy, I don’t treat them badly. I’m not passive aggressive, I’m not rude, and I don’t (currently) interfere with their relationship with my husband/kids. I just don’t see them.
If she can’t be polite, she needs to not see Nancy, period. And she needs to step completely away from whatever relationship Bryan has with his family.

She needs to be mature and take the high road.

:roll:
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

Theirmom wrote:To contribute to the Missy, Nancy topic... I have thoughts lol

So, I totally support anyone who chooses to cut people out of their lives. Everyone has their own reasons, which may or may not be valid. Maybe the reason Missy doesn’t like Nancy has nothing to do with Bryan. Maybe they had blowout once, and Missy never got over it. Or maybe Nancy never approved. Or maybe Missy is just stuck up.
But.
If Missy is estranged from Bryan’s family, for whatever reason, she’s just not doing it right.
If she’s out, she needs to be entirely out. She needs to not be around them.
It’s one thing to make a choice to cut someone out of your life. It’s another thing entirely to be a passive aggressive asshole to people.

Personal: After nearly 20 years of my in laws treating me like shit, I’ve finally cut them out of my life this year. I will never see them again. They are not EVER welcome in my home. My husband is free to have whatever relationship with them that he chooses, but not in my home. And I allow them to have a supervised relationship with my children, but only as long as they never attempt to alienate them from me again (they shit talked me to my children, hence the cut off). If they try to turn my kids against me, they’ll have to wait until they’re adults to see them.
But, unlike Missy, I don’t treat them badly. I’m not passive aggressive, I’m not rude, and I don’t (currently) interfere with their relationship with my husband/kids. I just don’t see them.
If she can’t be polite, she needs to not see Nancy, period. And she needs to step completely away from whatever relationship Bryan has with his family.

She needs to be mature and take the high road.

Agreed. The pissy, petty behavior just makes her look bad regardless of what happened between her, Bryan, and Bryan's family. I mean, (possibly) planning a 6 hour road trip to avoid interacting with your in laws? Why don't you just grow up and tell them you'd rather not see them? I don't get it.

Return to “Daily Bumps”