lucycat732
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyNightmaresBeforeChristmas Part #98

Unread post by lucycat732 »

Theirmom wrote:To contribute to the Missy, Nancy topic... I have thoughts lol

So, I totally support anyone who chooses to cut people out of their lives. Everyone has their own reasons, which may or may not be valid. Maybe the reason Missy doesn’t like Nancy has nothing to do with Bryan. Maybe they had blowout once, and Missy never got over it. Or maybe Nancy never approved. Or maybe Missy is just stuck up.
But.
If Missy is estranged from Bryan’s family, for whatever reason, she’s just not doing it right.
If she’s out, she needs to be entirely out. She needs to not be around them.
It’s one thing to make a choice to cut someone out of your life. It’s another thing entirely to be a passive aggressive asshole to people.

Personal: After nearly 20 years of my in laws treating me like shit, I’ve finally cut them out of my life this year. I will never see them again. They are not EVER welcome in my home. My husband is free to have whatever relationship with them that he chooses, but not in my home. And I allow them to have a supervised relationship with my children, but only as long as they never attempt to alienate them from me again (they shit talked me to my children, hence the cut off). If they try to turn my kids against me, they’ll have to wait until they’re adults to see them.
But, unlike Missy, I don’t treat them badly. I’m not passive aggressive, I’m not rude, and I don’t (currently) interfere with their relationship with my husband/kids. I just don’t see them.
If she can’t be polite, she needs to not see Nancy, period. And she needs to step completely away from whatever relationship Bryan has with his family.

She needs to be mature and take the high road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Especially taking into consideration how it is affecting Ollie and Finn. Kids are a lot more perceptive than we give them credit for. They will take cues from how their parents act around certain people, to determine if they should trust and engage with them. If Missy is cold to Nancy, the boys will pick up on that and respond accordingly.
alienmellow2
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by alienmellow2 »

onbreak wrote:
alienmellow2 wrote:Awhhhh sad day. Bryan blocked me on Instagram, you guys ;-; guess I’ll go and cry myself to sleep now!
Why?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

Because I posted a throwing up emoji of that loop video of their calendar, lmao
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

queentee20 wrote:A lot of you are so quick to judge but do you ever sit back and think if you had that money, If you were in Bryan’s position, would you really do anything differently? .... I’m sure you all would this be great parents (unlike the dumps) but wouldn’t you give your kids piles of presents? A good chunk of people with the money M&B give their kids the same thing, only difference is that they don’t show it to millions of people.... I don’t think it’s even about the views bc tbh their Christmas specials are boring AF, they don’t show much of the kids opening presents. I truly think M&B have the money so they want to give their kids EVERYTHING, and I know how we all feel about it, but I think it’s just something people with money tend to do... not all, but some. I do know some wealthy people to raise their kids right, but a good amount don’t, just like missy and Bryan.
When people win the lotto they can change for the worse or for the better. Often times if they seek financial guidance it's for the better. B&M are simply really bad at 'adulting', being responsible and bad at spending responsibly.
I would do so much differently with that money. I get they came from nothing, had losses (many of us here have come from nothing, had losses, are living paycheck to paycheck, etc), and want everything for their kids.
Their job is to clickbait and to bring people into their vlogs to see how over the top they are.
They cannot separate, by nature, their job and their life.
That money can go to home/rental investments for when their career in youtube dies.
They could actually create a business (other than youtube!) to sustain when their youtube career dies
That money can go to college funds, or tutors (Gosh, the kids need it!)
That money can go to soccer, gymnastics, other social physical activities...
That money can go to chefs and/or personal trainers as many celebrities do have to still work and not worry about what they put in their mouth because a chef figures that out for them...
The smart financial possibilities are endless!

They aren't smart with their money. That money is going in a cycle, buying over the top stuff for their oldest child, bringing in view$ for it, in turn they are unfortunately spoiling their children. This isn't beneficial for anyone. Not for society for sure!
I wouldnt be doing what they're doing. I wouldn't spoil my kids with mountain of toys. I'd be investing in my children's health, education and future, then only that is sorted I'd invest in my husbands and my well being, if there was extra money left over..
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

usernamessuck wrote:I think Bryan has a good relationship with his mom because he always seems happier and more perky when she's around.
A genuine happiness....not some fake excitement like on those DBEJCK vacys.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Based on the "draw my life" video from ages ago, I don't think his relationship with his mum has always been so good. I think they have evolved. His dad wasnt around and his mum had abusive boyfriends and Bryan was caught in the middle often. It doesnt surprise me he is comfortable when his mum is around, to tweet about his mental illness. Seeing his mum probably triggered some of those emotions from the passed.
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

There's no way in hell I'm watching another Christmas special ON Christmas this year. I'd rather spend time with my family than watch a couple of uneducated, immature parents spoil one of their kids, and starve the other in their crib.

What a functional family.

I don't watch Carl and Ginger's vlogs, so I'm pretty quick to assume, but am I the only one who thinks their kids are spoiled when it comes to toys?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

amyfalafal wrote:
usernamessuck wrote:I think Bryan has a good relationship with his mom because he always seems happier and more perky when she's around.
A genuine happiness....not some fake excitement like on those DBEJCK vacys.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Based on the "draw my life" video from ages ago, I don't think his relationship with his mum has always been so good. I think they have evolved. His dad wasnt around and his mum had abusive boyfriends and Bryan was caught in the middle often. It doesnt surprise me he is comfortable when his mum is around, to tweet about his mental illness. Seeing his mum probably triggered some of those emotions from the passed.
I don't think seeing his mom triggered him. Whatever issues there were he is passed that.

He tweeted about it that day because it was International Men's Day and he probably felt safe to do it because others were too.
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

queentee20 wrote:A lot of you are so quick to judge but do you ever sit back and think if you had that money, If you were in Bryan’s position, would you really do anything differently? .... I’m sure you all would this be great parents (unlike the dumps) but wouldn’t you give your kids piles of presents? A good chunk of people with the money M&B give their kids the same thing, only difference is that they don’t show it to millions of people.... I don’t think it’s even about the views bc tbh their Christmas specials are boring AF, they don’t show much of the kids opening presents. I truly think M&B have the money so they want to give their kids EVERYTHING, and I know how we all feel about it, but I think it’s just something people with money tend to do... not all, but some. I do know some wealthy people to raise their kids right, but a good amount don’t, just like missy and Bryan.
If I ever end up having kids, I would teach them about charity before I teach them the love of toys. You think of others before you think of yourself in this situation. Many children aren't fortunate enough to have toys, let alone food. I'm not rich, or poor, so maybe if I end up well off with some kids, my opinion will change. But as of now, I don't want to spoil the kids I could have.

Sorry for the rant. I also wanted to say it was interesting that you looked in a different perspective than most of us here.
brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

Ollie's face when he shoots with the nerf gun is super creepy - he doesn't even smile like he's having fun, it's more of a serious "I'll get you" look - what is up with that?? :? You can see Missy just relaxing since Finn and Ollie are being taken care of (as usual) - why does she even go on family trips if she just wants to sit on the couch the entire time? The so called "crash" was nothing - as usual BryLard and his stupid exaggerations!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
onbreak wrote:Robin Williams also had an underlining brain disease..that he was aware he had ..Lewy body dementia.

True, but he had depression for his entire career and became successful for being a funny man regardless. It wasn't debilitating or obvious in any way.
Although his depression probably had something to do with his addiction. He was addicted to cocaine and alcohol for a while. Some of his most hilarious standup routines were done while he was obviously wasted. There's one old HBO special where they show him walking out of his dressing room, and he's rubbing his nose in a very particular way, lol. He was probably self medicating. He had been clean and sober for quite some time when he died though.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lucycat732
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lucycat732 »

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
onbreak wrote:Robin Williams also had an underlining brain disease..that he was aware he had ..Lewy body dementia.

True, but he had depression for his entire career and became successful for being a funny man regardless. It wasn't debilitating or obvious in any way.
Although his depression probably had something to do with his addiction. He was addicted to cocaine and alcohol for a while. Some of his most hilarious standup routines were done while he was obviously wasted. There's one old HBO special where they show him walking out of his dressing room, and he's rubbing his nose in a very particular way, lol. He was probably self medicating. He had been clean and sober for quite some time when he died though.

Before reading the rest of the thread I thought you were saying that Bryan had a cocaine and alcohol addiction! I was like, wow, I must have missed something big in their Draw My Life haha :shock:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

queentee20 wrote:
coolusername1236 wrote:
If I ever end up having kids, I would teach them about charity before I teach them the love of toys. You think of others before you think of yourself in this situation. Many children aren't fortunate enough to have toys, let alone food. I'm not rich, or poor, so maybe if I end up well off with some kids, my opinion will change. But as of now, I don't want to spoil the kids I could have.

Sorry for the rant. I also wanted to say it was interesting that you looked in a different perspective than most of us here.
I usually do to spark discussion, or to hear others’ thoughts. Personally, I don’t know what I’d do, I have 0 clue. My parents grew up dirt poor and never had Christmas but while my sister and I were growing up we were showered with toys yet somehow we both aren’t little shits. I think you can spoil your kids yet still raise them correctly. One huge thing that helped me was volunteering at the food bank and seeing what kids in poverty eat, it’s a huge eye opener. M&B could probably save their children if they fix things NOW. but they won’t, I don’t think the amount of gifts they give Ollie and Finn is the issue. It’s the fact that they give their kids all this crap and don’t teach them how lucky they are! Ollie and Finn need to know they are BLESSED. But I have a feeling they will grow up entitled. I can’t wait for their first Christmas once youtube is over, Ollie and Finn will be demanding the most expensive gift and missy and Bryan will be crying in mimi’s Garage wondering where it all went wrong...
Brava. That's exactly it. It's not the number of toys. It's the entitlement. It's letting them think that they somehow deserve it just for existing.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

lucycat732 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: True, but he had depression for his entire career and became successful for being a funny man regardless. It wasn't debilitating or obvious in any way.

Before reading the rest of the thread I thought you were saying that Bryan had a cocaine and alcohol addiction! I was like, wow, I must have missed something big in their Draw My Life haha :shock:
LOL! Oops! That's what I get for going OT!
Nope, as far as I know, Bryan doesn't have an active addiction. Image

justkidding
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justkidding »

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Robin Williams was bipolar. That is a mental illness. It is very common for people with with serious mental illness diagnoses to abuse drugs so maybe he did. However he is mainly an example of an incredibly creative individual who maintained a career but still struggled with a mental illness.

There are people all around you holding down jobs while dealing with debilitating mental and physical challenges. Some will talk about their challenges, others won’t. Just because someone is functioning well doesn’t mean they don’t have serious struggles. Not all mentally ill are identifiable to the general public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

brownprincess93 wrote:Ollie's face when he shoots with the nerf gun is super creepy - he doesn't even smile like he's having fun, it's more of a serious "I'll get you" look - what is up with that?? :?
I love when this comes up! I wish there were a compilation of GIFs. The creepiest one I saw was when Missy was laying down and the kids were jumping on her.... Ollie's face and eyes. Yikes.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

He had a creepy eye cut towards the camera at the diner.. Kids learn that shit from somewhere

DidEyeSayIt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DidEyeSayIt »

coolusername1236 wrote:

It’s easy to SAY that’s what you would do.... doesn’t always happen though.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

queentee20 wrote:
onbreak wrote:He had a creepy eye cut towards the camera at the diner.. Kids learn that shit from somewhere

He was tired, geez... he actually looked like he was having fun with the boys and Bryan seemed more like a human. When he started apologizing right away for Finn possibly breaking the RC car, I was shocked... and Carl seems like a really nice guy, I like them together. I hate corbin and Bryan but Bryan with Carl is a good dynamic! I hope missy likes Jinger enough to bond with her, they need REAL friends and I know Carl and Jinger are also YTs but they bring out the good in Bryan (who knows about missy, she was hardly on camera)...
Missy bond with anyone she isn't related to (except Kelsey)? Not likely. It would require putting herself out there and putting her phone down.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

DidEyeSayIt wrote:
coolusername1236 wrote:

It’s easy to SAY that’s what you would do.... doesn’t always happen though.

Of course it doesn't always happen. But if you're aware of it, and actually thinking about those things before you have kids, it's definitely more likely to.
My ex and I talked about these things before we had kids. And not in a "Oh, _our_ kids will never act like that!" way, but in a "This is how we want to raise our children and what kind of values we want to instill in them" way. And we weren't perfect. Far from it. I don't think anyone is.
I don't think Bryan and Missy give any thought to what kind of people they're raising. It's all about vlog views, showing off a particular lifestyle, and being their kids' best friends. Not being good parents, although I think they probably believe that they are good parents because "look at all the stuff they have!" Most parents I know think they're screwing up all the time. Anyone who thinks they're a perfect parent isn't thinking very hard about the monumental task of raising another human being.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

queentee20 wrote:
onbreak wrote:He had a creepy eye cut towards the camera at the diner.. Kids learn that shit from somewhere

He was tired, geez... he actually looked like he was having fun with the boys and Bryan seemed more like a human. When he started apologizing right away for Finn possibly breaking the RC car, I was shocked... and Carl seems like a really nice guy, I like them together. I hate corbin and Bryan but Bryan with Carl is a good dynamic! I hope missy likes Jinger enough to bond with her, they need REAL friends and I know Carl and Jinger are also YTs but they bring out the good in Bryan (who knows about missy, she was hardly on camera)...
I was talking about the diner- breakfast from a couple of days back. Not the pizza dinner from today

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Playsinrain wrote:It's getting to the point where Ollie sounds scripted ALL the time. It used to be where you could tell when he was parroting lines and when he wasn't, now i can't decipher between the two and not in a good way. Feeding him lines 99% of the time is having a negative impact on his already stilted speech. I feel like even if they did get him seen by a speech therapist they would undo everything he learned by sticking that damn camera in his face. Also, i wonder if Ollie has already developed his "on" character like his father has.
One of Cassie’s videos autoplayed for me the other day...and while I can never get those 8 minutes of horrendously stupid “squishy toy” cutting back (why is this even a thing?!), Ollie was so different! SO different. He was natural and happy and, dare I say, cute.

Return to “Daily Bumps”