E+J: "I can't believe it's not Tender!" Part #33

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J:

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I don't know how long it takes to edit, but even if it is 5 hours....

3 hrs for emails and 5 to edit is 8 hours a day. Jared can get up and help get breakfast for the kids and then check emails and make calls in the morning. I believe that was what they used to do. This means he can be done all that (and vlog opened) by around noon and then have the afternoon free to run eras day with Ellie, help put the kids down for a nap, pick Jackson up from school, and watch the kids while Ellie makes dinner. They spend a lot of time watching tv anyway, why can't he edit or answer emails while doing that. What am I missing that is so hard? Assuming he needs 5 hrs to edit he can start at 6 and be done by 11.... 12 if he needs to help out the kids to bed. Ellie works half the job of a regular stay at home mom, so she could help Jared more to help lighten the load and create a better balance.... something that most women with working husbands would do.

This is OT but I feel it's an example of how a similar business should run. I follow a former reality tv star that runs his own podcast channel (with multiple shows each week) that he developed from the ground up. He is very open, and has gone into detail about how much work it was in the beginning, and how he basically lived in his recording studio for the first year or so. His wife is a working RN that looks after their two preschoolers during the day while he works, and then he watches them at night when he's not working. His wife says he easily works an 10+ hr day even though he's at home. Anyway, they wanted more time together so she started taking care of the emails for him so he had more free time... she didn't pressure him to work less! He also has a loyal following that he truly seems to appreciate. He still feels accessible despite actually being a legit celebrity when compared to Ellie and Jared. That's how a good business is run and I don't see Ellie and Jared's "fame" lasting even 5 years at the rate they are going.
Seriously though! Who says he has to save all of this work to do all together at the end of the night? It's like they're trying to do the absolute minimum, aka get away with doing nothing. I can see if this was a side thing and they/he worked an actual job, but he doesn't. This is their job, this is their income. There's no way around it! What about nurses and doctors that can't be there when their spouse/kids go to bed because they have to work an overnight shift? What about other jobs? They don't take their "job" seriously. Some people would kill to stay home and spend quality time with their family like they're given the opportunity to do. Laziness, honestly. You'd swear he was doing some rocket science.
notjustalurker
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: E+J: "I can't believe it's not Tender!" Part #33

Unread post by notjustalurker »

Okay, now I'm on a roll and this is a little OT but something struck me when they were in China and talking about their engagement. They mentioned how different life was then what they expected and that they prefer this over what they planned or something to that effect.

SO do you think the reason that Jarred is constantly trying to make up to Ellie is because he is not a Dr? He never got accepted into PT school, and that shattered what they planned? It's mentioned often that Jarred is out of Ellies league but at the time Jared was in college and was planning on becoming a Dr so he would have been considered a catch. Ellie, when they got married thought she was marrying a Dr, not a Verizon salesman And was probably hell on wheels pissed when she realized she was not going to be a Dr wife.... Also lines up when she believed was the hardest time of marriage too? Maybe I'm in the weed here... or it's been mentioned before.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
notjustalurker
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by notjustalurker »

notjustalurker wrote:Okay, now I'm on a roll and this is a little OT but something struck me when they were in China and talking about their engagement. They mentioned how different life was then what they expected and that they prefer this over what they planned or something to that effect.

SO do you think the reason that Jarred is constantly trying to make up to Ellie is because he is not a Dr? He never got accepted into PT school, and that shattered what they planned? It's mentioned often that Jarred is out of Ellies league but at the time Jared was in college and was planning on becoming a Dr so he would have been considered a catch. Ellie, when they got married thought she was marrying a Dr, not a Verizon salesman And was probably hell on wheels pissed when she realized she was not going to be a Dr wife.... Also lines up when she believed was the hardest time of marriage too? Maybe I'm in the weed here... or it's been mentioned before.

Ellie is out of Jarreds league, I have no idea how to edit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

CurbUrEnthusiasm wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Ellie is definitely pregnant.
-She isn't this upbeat and happy unless she's pregnant. Or she thinks she's pregnant.
-Calvin is in trouble and sent to his room, time to be a big boy!
I hope it's a boy. Ellie isn't capable of raising daughters without doing SERIOUS damage.
I agree with you. Plus I just don't like her or have any respect for her anymore...so I don't want her to get what she wants, which is a girl.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I think this may have been already mentioned, but I feel like for me the biggest problem isn't that they're vlogging two days behind or not uploading on Christmas day or wanting to go to bed together (or whatever their strange arguments are) but the very passive aggressive and frankly disrespectful comments made towards the viewers by Ellie: "And we know that some people may not like this. That's okay if that's how you feel. This is what we have decided to do". You might talk to a toddler like that, but not to people who essentially put the food on your table. There are so many other ways of handling it. For example, "We're sorry it won't please everyone. We've thought about it a lot and it's the best decision for us. We appreciate your understanding" in a NICE tone, might work. But not what she said. It's just not an appropriate way to run a business.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

natalka81 wrote:I think this may have been already mentioned, but I feel like for me the biggest problem isn't that they're vlogging two days behind or not uploading on Christmas day or wanting to go to bed together (or whatever their strange arguments are) but the very passive aggressive and frankly disrespectful comments made towards the viewers by Ellie: "And we know that some people may not like this. That's okay if that's how you feel. This is what we have decided to do". You might talk to a toddler like that, but not to people who essentially put the food on your table. There are so many other ways of handling it. For example, "We're sorry it won't please everyone. We've thought about it a lot and it's the best decision for us. We appreciate your understanding" in a NICE tone, might work. But not what she said. It's just not an appropriate way to run a business.
Oh I agree. They have a problem with TONE. Then again, most of their die-hard fans are children, so I guess it makes sense for them to speak to the majority like that.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

E+J: "I can't believe it's not Tender!" Part #33

Unread post by GymChick »

they do take their job for granted and don’t realize how little work they do. Busy-ness is relative and whatever they are used too. I have no sympathy because I work in healthcare and I do shift work and put myself in pretty dangerous environment while pregnant. My shift today was so fucking stressful and busy and physically exhausting my pregnancy app tells me I walked 10,000 steps in an 8 hour shift. Sorry not to make it about myself lol my resentment and jealously is coming out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
start-the-fire
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by start-the-fire »

notjustalurker wrote:Okay, now I'm on a roll and this is a little OT but something struck me when they were in China and talking about their engagement. They mentioned how different life was then what they expected and that they prefer this over what they planned or something to that effect.

Good points, and also probably explains why Ellie has stated she knew she'd always have the house and things that she had now, regardless of YouTube. If he has succeeded in his schooling I'm sure he would have made enough to build a home. So that's what she signed up for. And probably why he's so scared for YouTube to tank. A career in medicine would have provided for them until retirement. YouTube will never last that long, even for the best of the best.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

It's too bad Jared doesn't take the time now to go back to school and improve his marks, and try again to get into PT school. That would make for some genuinely great vlog material and it would set him up for life after YouTube.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I’m rolling my eyes so hard on their reasoning about this. I don’t not give a frick if they upload two days behind but I rolled my eyes so hard at Ellie complaining that they don’t get enough time together. Bitch, what would you do if you both worked regular jobs? My husband has a trial right now and Thanksgiving will be the first time
I’ve seen him other than in passing for a WEEK. Suck it up, buttercup.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

start-the-fire wrote:

Good points, and also probably explains why Ellie has stated she knew she'd always have the house and things that she had now, regardless of YouTube. If he has succeeded in his schooling I'm sure he would have made enough to build a home. So that's what she signed up for. And probably why he's so scared for YouTube to tank. A career in medicine would have provided for them until retirement. YouTube will never last that long, even for the best of the best.

Except how did princess anticipate paying the bills while Jared was in school? Certainly her plans didn't include waiting to TTC and working to support the family. They would have relied on student loans and that would have taken years to pay off. If she planned on building a home this quickly, she was stupid and naive.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I hope they have saved a lot of money because they are slowly killing their channel. I no longer walk after their MD announcement. They more they complain about their life the more viewers they will lose.
My husband worked 5 days a week 10 hours a day plus he traveled to India and Philippines regularly. We also had our own businesses that he had to run on weekends and evenings. I did the kids and the house. We spent quality time together. That’s what they don’t get it’s quality not quantity.

CurbUrEnthusiasm
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CurbUrEnthusiasm »

menehune wrote:
CurbUrEnthusiasm wrote: Preach, HelloSweetie! I think she has children because she wants people to be indebted to her - and who would be more indebted to her than her own children, since she gave them life.
I often hear the stereotype that Millenials are lazy and entitled, and I can definitely see where this perception comes from in watching You Tubers. The comments saying that Ellie and Jared deserve a break are just ridiculous to me. Is this a sign of the times, or just the type of person that develops an undying loyalty to a You Tuber? Ellie and Jared have the blessing of both being at home. I'm sure YT takes up more of their time than we see, but vlogging the way they do really doesn't. They don't engage with fans on social media, and barely respond to comments. They don't do giveaways, or meetups outside of conventions. Anyone that follows them on IG can see that they don't interact with the kids and that afternoons consist of Ellie making a late lunch/early dinner and then napping either in the living room or retreating to the bedroom. Its not like they are engaging or playing with the kids at all. What are they so busy doing?

You Tube life just seems so fruitless. The ones that manage to keep buys can keep some semblance of relatability, but others just continue to decline. Ellie and Jared want another baby, but they think life is overwhelming now! Just wanting something doesn't mean you can or should have it. Its only going to be harder for Jared to look after the boys and edit the vlogs after another baby comes. Ellie isn't going to step it up at all. We all know she's going to retreat to that bedroom and hide for 6 months! She will probably also pressure Jared to dial back the work he puts into the vlogs even more and the quality will further decline. She will continue to resent the way they bring in money, putting Jared in an even more awkward position with the audience in trying to hide it, and/or evolve the channel into something less dependent on Ellie's participation.

I disagree with all the comments saying that they need a baby to save the channel. Views went down fairly quickly after Calvin was born, and I don't think that mommy audience is going to come back. They might check out a blog or two out of curiosity, but they won't stick around once they see how hard Ellie and Jared feel they have it. The audience they currently have loves them endlessly and they aren't leaving (or not watching) baby or not. I don't think a baby is going to make that big of a difference to the channel, but it's going to sink their home life and make things so much harder.
I agree with everything you just said. I think it'd be such a sad world if all of millennials were like the YouTuber ones. I, myself, am a millennial, and I bust my ass - so that's why I've only recently started posting comments on here even though I've lurked for SO long on breaks and stuff. Now that you mention it, I hope people don't look at YouTube Millennials and think that's indicative of the whole Millennial population, lol.

I think that most of E&J's viewers are the generation after Millennials but I forgot what their generation's name is. It's truly sad to see their viewers kiss their ass though, for what literally is a wanna-be reality tv show - but you know, on YT and has low production value lol.
CurbUrEnthusiasm
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CurbUrEnthusiasm »

start-the-fire wrote:

Ellie was delusional and/or just plain inconsiderate even back then. I'm applying for PhD programs right now, and the ones that are not fully funded (most of them) will leave you with so much debt that it will take over half of your lifetime to pay it back. Girlfriend needs to just be thankful - but genuinely. The way she talks about these things leaves me annoyed lol. It's just stuck up - and I'm not sure that she's meaning it to come off that way.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

According to Bonnie they spend a whole day with families who has a member working as a firefighter!!!!! Ellie and Jared obviously do not have a humble bone in their body if they can complain about having to "work" long hours and on holidays.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Pency wrote:
procrass562 wrote:I'm just here to say one thing...

ELLIE IF THE FOOTAGE IS FOR YOU GUYS THEN DONT PUT IT ON YOUTUBE TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF!

She's like, the footage is for us but putting it up ASAP is for you.

You make money off the viewers. Stop being so damn selfish.

Thisssssss I’m so sick of them acting like they are doing us some big favor by documenting their white bread ass lives and “sharing” it with us. If we don’t watch, you don’t get paid bitch. Say bye bye to your ice palace and your online shopping sprees.
Part of the problem is that I think they start to believe the ass kissing comments. You know, the ones that say we should be grateful that they take the time to vlog and share their glorious lives with us. There are actually people who say that in the vlog comments. Just like the ones who say that "It's their life/kids. They can do whatever they want!" Just because Jackson and Calvin are their kids doesn't automatically mean that their decisions for them are the best or made with the boys' best interests in mind. But it would take way too much effort to try to explain that to a minion...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

CurbUrEnthusiasm wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Pency wrote: Thisssssss I’m so sick of them acting like they are doing us some big favor by documenting their white bread ass lives and “sharing” it with us. If we don’t watch, you don’t get paid bitch. Say bye bye to your ice palace and your online shopping sprees.
Just read the comments they are getting. People treat then like they are blessing others by sharing their presence with them. The ass kissing they are getting is sickening. No wonder they think they are changing lives and helping people!
I hope what I'm about to say won't offend anyone here, but: I think YouTubers' audiences makes me sad we have the internet and free speech - not because I'm like this intolerable person who hates anyone who disagrees with me. I'm just annoyed that their audience boosts up the egos of people who need it the least. There are real people out there who deserve the admiration much more than daily vloggers.
No. I know exactly what you mean! They've got a narcissistic, self important streak to begin with-- I think you have to, to do most daily vlogging to begin with. Why else would you assume your every day life interesting enough for people to watch? And _pay_ you for it? And then the viewers get all attached, and defend you against anyone who dares make even the slightest suggestion that you're not perfect.
No wonder their heads get so big!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

notjustalurker wrote:Okay, after reading here for years I made an account. What the actual hell. I am so bothered that these two can say they need more family time, they need to go to bed together... hello you are a SAHM and a father working from home... do you not realize that a majority of people have to leave their children for 9hrs a day while they work and get little to no alone time on a daily basis and still dont get to go to bed at the same time. They admittedly film 15m a day, so if Jared takes 5 hrs to edit, that leaves 3 hrs to do email/calls to bring him to a normal schedule... but they are entrepreneurs so the idea that they should have a normal schedule... meh... and they picked this as their career - to daily vlog. The fact that they continually say this is for them makes me just want to scream, no. If this was just a thing you did for memories you could still be in an apartment and on food stamps... this is how you support yourself. UGH okay I feel better.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Welcome!

And I say the same thing all the time about vloggers saying that they do it for themselves, or for the memories: I have lots of videos of my kids when they were little. I videotaped them for the memories and for my ex when he was deployed. I never uploaded them to the internet. I never joined a network, monetized them, or put boxes of Oreos on the counter so that everyone could see the label for money or did any other product placement. I didn't make "merch" for people to buy to show that they liked watching my videos. And I never went to a convention of other people who recorded their families "for the memories".
It's bullshit. And I don't understand why anyone believes a vlogger when they say they vlog for the memories. Some people are just gullible.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

start-the-fire wrote:

But he wasn't going to be a doctor, he was trying to get into physical therapy school. Still perfectly respectable, and a good career. But not a doctor. He may have been trying for a PhD in physical therapy, but I don't think he was going for an MD.
I know a physical therapist who owns his own PT business. He has a couple of centers in Orange County, and is married to a pediatrician. They're rich. But your average physical therapist isn't rich. Comfortable, yes. Rich, no.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sorry for the multiple posts... Been a busy girl and I am getting caught up. You know, actually busy, doing all the things on my day off that I can't get done on work days, which these idiots don't understand

Did they really say they need more time together? They are together pretty much 24/7, aren't they?

Return to “Ellie and Jared”