C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

beautynoob
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by beautynoob »

Oh man I had not watched in a bit just been keeping up in here. I mistakenly watched a few minutes of the hot mess at target. Here are a couple of thoughts, scroll by if you think these two are hilarious and you do this all the time and that was the best video ever in your opinion lol

1. I would have been PISSED and Rolling my eyes if I had been shopping there that day.
2. Who does this crap cater to? Adult or children viewers?
3. I know Katie is just a stranger on you tube and none of us know her from Adam , but I can’t believe she encouraged and participated in those shenanigans. She really must be done working a regular job! I guess I always saw her as more matured and centered. But at times she doesn’t seem much different from cullen and the maple people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Katie is drinking a margarita in the JK Today vlog. I think that puts an end to the pregnancy rumor.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Lol 50,000 likes. They can’t even get 50,000 views these days.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Anyone else get slightly annoyed when Katie goes into know-it-all mode? “It’s actually a misconception that dogs will die if they eat chocolate.”

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:Lol 50,000 likes. They can’t even get 50,000 views these days.

Seriously. Fascinating vlog. I love to watch other people sitting around watching football.
Why is Cullen pushing so hard for Corey and Britany to have a baby? When Corey was holding Brooks, he kept saying " Corey's getting baby practice". I definitely think he wants her to have a baby and lock him up.
And _any_ chocolate can kill a dog, Miss Know it All... The darker the chocolate the more dangerous it is, but enough Hershey bars will kill a dog too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Too late to edit. I liked watching Gaines play "Doctor Gaines" the other day. But calling today's vlog "Playing Doctor" was pretty disingenuous. There was about 10 seconds of Katie playing pharmacy.

And I guess having Gaines put her hand on an adult's arm when she wants to say something has completely gone by the wayside. All she has to do is yell "I wanna say something!". What is she going to do when their channel tanks completely and there's no camera to talk to? I may be in the minority, but I don't think it's cute the way she wants to be on camera so badly. I think it says something not right about the way the camera intrudes on their lives.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

lmmomSD wrote: And _any_ chocolate can kill a dog, Miss Know it All... The darker the chocolate the more dangerous it is, but enough Hershey bars will kill a dog too.

Eh, not really. Most “chocolate” bars are just chocolate flavoured sugar and milk powder. A dog would have to eat 2 or 3 Times it’s own weight in candy bars to die from it. And by that point it’s likely dying from gut rot, not chocolate toxicity.
Candy bars, sweetened chocolate chips, cookies... that stuff have to be eaten in extreme quantities to kill a dog.

Now, those dark chocolate bars (70% or higher) could make them ill after just one bar, and several could kill them. And the worse part about real chocolate is that it’s accumulative in their bodies. One time dose, not likely to kill them. But it stays in their system a long time. Multiple exposures over a few months, and it could be just that one last bite that kills them. Same with grape seeds and onions/garlic. Don’t give those things to dogs. Ever.
:roll:
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote: And _any_ chocolate can kill a dog, Miss Know it All... The darker the chocolate the more dangerous it is, but enough Hershey bars will kill a dog too.

Eh, not really. Most “chocolate” bars are just chocolate flavoured sugar and milk powder. A dog would have to eat 2 or 3 Times it’s own weight in candy bars to die from it. And by that point it’s likely dying from gut rot, not chocolate toxicity.
Candy bars, sweetened chocolate chips, cookies... that stuff have to be eaten in extreme quantities to kill a dog.

Now, those dark chocolate bars (70% or higher) could make them ill after just one bar, and several could kill them. And the worse part about real chocolate is that it’s accumulative in their bodies. One time dose, not likely to kill them. But it stays in their system a long time. Multiple exposures over a few months, and it could be just that one last bite that kills them. Same with grape seeds and onions/garlic. Don’t give those things to dogs. Ever.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I really thought Cullen and Katie were above pedo bait titles :(

There’s not a single person that doesn’t know that “playing doctor” is colloquially used when kids are at that “curious” age.
It’s really disappointing that they’re stooping to that for views.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Theirmom wrote:

But still -- her saying that it "has to be baking chocolate" is bull.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Theirmom wrote:I really thought Cullen and Katie were above pedo bait titles :(

There’s not a single person that doesn’t know that “playing doctor” is colloquially used when kids are at that “curious” age.

Yeah I did catch that too. I was hoping I was wrong. But you're probably right, especially since the "playing doctor" scene was about 10 seconds long.
I don't think he's above it at all. He outright lied about Brooks being "rushed to the hospital". I know I harp on that, but it wasn't even just clickbait. It was a _lie_.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

...I'll be that single person that didn't know that, lol.
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

Defuego wrote:

I'll be the second. I've never heard that term used that way. You learn something new every day, I guess.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

100midas wrote:
Defuego wrote:

I'll be the second. I've never heard that term used that way. You learn something new every day, I guess.

Wow, really? Just curious-- do you live outside the US?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Wow. Cullen actually was standing on a ladder with Gaines on his shoulders and _nobody_ thought maybe it wasn't a good idea? Or did they just delete any comments that did. They're all "OMG-- what a beautiful tree! I love you sooooo much!" Except for this one, that was interesting. Except a little sad at the end, when the person was implying that it would be a big deal to them if C&K quit vlogging. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... b5245b.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... f4ebab.jpg[/img]

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Except for this one, that was interesting. Except a little sad at the end, when the person was implying that it would be a big deal to them if C&K quit vlogging. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... f4ebab.jpg[/img]

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. I don’t watch vloggers to watch little kids. I watch vloggers so I can see other parents raising their family.
If I wanted to watch kids playing, hurting themselves, whining, eating, whatever, I’d watch my own damn kids.
I want to watch other adults like ME, and hear them talk about their experiences. I want to know their day to day struggles and victories. I want to hear about their brain fart moment at the store, or watch a one take talking about their day while or folding laundry.
Vlogs are supposed to be a voyeuristic view into someone’s life.
Not scripted nonsense. Not 7 minutes of kids in a playroom. Not vlog after vlog of baby giggles and toddler tantrums. Keep that shit on your Instagram.
Cullen and Katie’s main audience has always been adults. Subscribers tune in for the grown up vlog content. Until they go back to their roots, they’re gonna keep losing subs.
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

Theirmom wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Except for this one, that was interesting. Except a little sad at the end, when the person was implying that it would be a big deal to them if C&K quit vlogging. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... f4ebab.jpg[/img]

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. I don’t watch vloggers to watch little kids. I watch vloggers so I can see other parents raising their family.
If I wanted to watch kids playing, hurting themselves, whining, eating, whatever, I’d watch my own damn kids.
I want to watch other adults like ME, and hear them talk about their experiences. I want to know their day to day struggles and victories. I want to hear about their brain fart moment at the store, or watch a one take talking about their day while or folding laundry.
Not scripted nonsense. Not 7 minutes of kids in a playroom. Not vlog after vlog of baby giggles and toddler tantrums. Keep that shit on your Instagram.
Cullen and Katie’s main audience has always been adults. Subscribers tune in for the grown up vlog content. Until they go back to their roots, they’re gonna keep losing subs.
Same thing here. I watch for the grown ups and if thats not the focus then I get bored. I love C&K but haven't watched in weeks because of how boring they currently are.
It honestly just makes me sad when vloggers switch their styles and everything becomes about the kids. Sadly, it happens to most of them...
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I've said it before, but I really don't believe it's an accident when they use titles and thumbnails meant to attract child predators. This has been their full-time job for a number of years now, and at this point it is well-known that YouTube has a reputation amongst pedophiles. They can see the analytics of their videos. They know exactly what they're doing when they use the title, "playing doctor." It is beyond creepy and disgusting that not only are they fine putting that out there, but they're happy to make their living doing it. These two are just beyond. Those poor kids. I really hope their children confront them about this one day.

A British newspaper recently ran a story drawing attention to such content on YouTube and the fact that the platform is getting a reputation for it, to the point where large advertisers have pulled out and YouTube is now promising to implement new screening processes to filter out content that includes children in compromising situations. All of these so-called "family vloggers" are going to have to be more careful with footage of their children in the bathtub, in diapers, etc. It's sad that it took action from the advertisers for parents to do the right thing and protect their children.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Theirmom wrote: I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. I don’t watch vloggers to watch little kids. I watch vloggers so I can see other parents raising their family.
I'm the same. I skip over most YT content that focuses on just the kids. I started watching C&K before they had kids, and that's what got me hooked. Now I just watch them because it's become a habit, and I find myself skipping more and more vlogs to watch channels that aren't catered to children. I have a 5 and 3 year old. I'm not wasting my free time watching someone else's kids whine and cry.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I think it's fun to see these kids grow up but that means I watch maybe one vlog a week, or more if I see there's some sort of controversy here. I don't need a montage of kids playing, eating, crying, etc. Unless they're doing something interesting then I'm probably skipping ahead. The sad part is that these are actual human children trying to live their lives and parents are going to keep trying to make them act or do interesting stunts to keep viewers engaged. Maybe it's hypocritical to call them boring while blasting them for forcing interesting content but at the end of the day it all boils down to the fact that the parents made this choice not to work and their children are the ones suffering for it. They could easily delete their channels, their social media, and stop at any time.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”