E+J: "I can't believe it's not Tender!" Part #33

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J:

Unread post by Scar2016 »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:It's so annoying how Ellie is always OBSESSED with food when she's pregnant. Don't people see how unhealthy this is? When she's not pregnant she barely eats. Then when she is pregnant, she never stops talking about her food. So disturbing honestly. Go look at her latest picture on twitter with all of the cookies in her mouth.
I do wonder if the majority of the reason she seems so much happier when pregnant is because she's no longer insatiably hangry. It almost makes you wonder if the only reason she likes to be pregnant is because it's the only time she allows herself to eat.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

allie89 wrote:I don't understand how uploading 2 days behind decreases jareds work load? I mean he still uploads everyday so what's the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think its the time frame in which he has to edit
Murphyslaw26
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Murphyslaw26 »

Scar2016 wrote:
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:It's so annoying how Ellie is always OBSESSED with food when she's pregnant. Don't people see how unhealthy this is? When she's not pregnant she barely eats. Then when she is pregnant, she never stops talking about her food. So disturbing honestly. Go look at her latest picture on twitter with all of the cookies in her mouth.
I do wonder if the majority of the reason she seems so much happier when pregnant is because she's no longer insatiably hangry. It almost makes you wonder if the only reason she likes to be pregnant is because it's the only time she allows herself to eat.
This makes so much sense, as hilarious as it is. I am happier when I’m pregnant because I eat all of the stuff lol. I’m joking, mostly.

I will DIE if she ends up with gestational diabetes. Seriously. It would be epic. Because it doesn’t matter how healthy or how much you starve yourself, it just happens. I have had 3 pregnancies without it, and number 4, boom, GD.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J: "I can't believe it's not Tender!" Part #33

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

eab424 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:They are so clueless. They started off with an audience that included the infertility community. Think if it as a support group Jared! Are you going to get pregnant and go complain to THOSE people about how hard it is? That would be insensitive and in poor taste. He can't really be surprised that some people are annoyed.

I think that's how Youtubers are. I don't watch yt videos as much as I used to. It's painful because nearly all of the "IF" and miscarriage people I followed in the beginning when they were real. (Background on me I've been ttc for almost 12 years with my ex we had two stillbirths and I have infertility issues he and I also had a failed adoption. With my husband we had a failed adoption of twin girls)

One family I watched (don't go watch them their nuts) got married in 2011. In 2013 they found out he had IF issues and they started talking about adoption. She wasn't ready yet and when she was snap like that a baby sort of fell in their laps. He was a minister at a mega church and it so happened a family whose daughter was nearly due came in and their prayer request was to find an adoptive family for the baby girl. Surprise they picked them. Their daughter Kinsley was born in June 2015. So when she was about 8 months old in Feb 2016 they make a video titled "Infertility still hurts" she's crying because she's not pregnant. During filming the entire time Kinsley is sitting in her high chair in the background. I mean how sick and insensitive is that? I get you want more kids but your baby is still a baby! Many videos you see her depressed over not being pregnant and I get pregnancy is a wonderful gift but being a mom period with a living child is a whole lot better than pregnancy. So that fall they adopted a second daughter. They made an over the top dramatic video about what not to say to adoptive families. And the first part of the video Alex is like "this isn't directed at any of you guys!" Then later she's like I've seen this in the comments. Ok who do you think is making those comments?! They've been trying IVF and I'm not sure when they really started the process.

They even talked about entering the Jared and Ellie IVF contest. Ok you have two kids now to me having IF and having two stillbirths has made me have compassion on those who do not have. Why try to potentially win something when you've already have two kids and most couples entering do not?

Get this they've started a "Charity" to support people going through adoptions, infertility and child loss. Which is nice. But honestly there are tons of foundations out there that focus on those things. And he's quit his job to run things. She is a nurse but only works a few shifts. They've admitted they use donations for personal expenses/income.

One thing that struck me as innapropriate and insensitive was they made it a point to take the girls with them to the IF clinic. On more than one occasion they took the girls along with them to the clinic. I mentioned on the board that it wasn't a good idea to take them there (out of respect for the other patients who are going through a lot) yes the clinic had separate enterences for families and a waiting room still. Sure enough one day something happened and a couple walked through and the sight of them with two under two in an IVF clinic and of course they felt bad but honestly how do you not realize how inappropriate that is to bring a toddler and an infant with you to an IVF clinic for treatment.
My OBGyn has a policy that children aren't allowed in the waiting area for this very reason. I remember when Jackson was still a baby and E&J were so excited to take him to that IF Run their clinic was having to "show off." I really liked them at the time, and think it was the first thing they ever did that I kind of side-eyed. It was just so insensitive, and selfish. It's even worse when you consider they haven't bothered to be involved in that run since! (They didn't even do the run or fundraiser then.... only went to show off Jax).
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: E+J: "I can't believe it's not Tender!" Part #33

Maybe Jared had his Twitter hissy fit yesterday because he realized their views were back down again?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 1d3985.jpg[/img]

He should be smart enough to realize that they are doing something very wrong if their channel is only retaining 15% of its subs as viewers on an average day. Over a million views on the reveal! If all those people have already stopped watching, then maybe something they saw turned them off?
kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Pregnancy is hard. Parenting is also hard. ANYONE that has experienced this knows hear things, and yet You Tube women always seem so surprised. Ellie wanted this pregnancy, and symptoms come along with that. She doesn't have to go to work, or Chase after her children all alone while hoping to not get sick. She is able to lay around most of the day and just rest. Do most of us that have had to balance a pregnancy (and symptoms) while also having to manage life want to hear her complain?...

Nope, and I think it's fair to criticize that. Their channel is in trouble and this may be their Hail Mary, but if Ellie is going to treat the pregnancy as obsessively as she did the house build/breastfeeding, etc.... then even the child audience are going to lose interest fast.
She has said a million times she's grateful to be in the position she is now. Don't ignore that just because she doesn't say it in every vlog.
It's not because she's in the position to take naps every 6 minutes & have a husband at home with her that she can't complain about feeling sick.
Just like all hard working pregnant moms that work a 12hr shift feel sick for those 12hrs, she does too. What your job is doesn't mean you can't feel sick or complain about it! It's a two way street.
I like Ellie as much as all of you, which isn't much, but it's my opinion that right now people are being too hard on her. It's her reality. She knows what it's like to work while pregnant because she did with when she was pregnant with Jackson.
Again, despite your working situation, you have all the right to feel sick, say you feel sick and take a nap if you can.
you can call me kath.
Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Honestly, I have no issues with how much or little Ellie is complaining. I think she's way easier to take when she's pregnant, even when she's not feeling well she's less of a heinous bitch because she's got a bun in the oven and is allowing herself to eat like a human being. The problem I have with it is the complaining about people calling her out. Jared's rant on Twitter made my eyes roll into my head. I look at their comments and the VAST majority of them are fan girly comments about how amazing and awesome and perfect they are. Even if Jared is working overtime deleting the negative comments, why does he have to coddle her and scold ALL OF TWITTER over it? It's annoying and stupid. He needs to take his own advice and focus on the positive.
Hansel and gretal
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hansel and gretal »

So it looks like Matt and Em are having a girl. Ellie’s not gonna be happy if she has a boy.

RRTgirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by RRTgirl »

Matt and Em just announced they're having a girl. Jared shared their video telling everyone to watch it before their blog uploads. I wonder if they're going to mention anything in their vlog? I'd love to see Ellie's face/reaction to it.

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Ellie was in their reaction video and it honestly felt very genuine... at the end though they cut her off when she started speaking I wonder if she was saying “I better have one too!” Lol

greygoose
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by greygoose »

RRTgirl wrote:Matt and Em just announced they're having a girl. Jared shared their video telling everyone to watch it before their blog uploads. I wonder if they're going to mention anything in their vlog? I'd love to see Ellie's face/reaction to it.

And it was such a cute video as well. Grandma and Grandpa Mecham were so cute :)
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

calliepaige84 wrote:Ellie was in their reaction video and it honestly felt very genuine... at the end though they cut her off when she started speaking I wonder if she was saying “I better have one too!” Lol

I honestly don't think Ellie cares if Em has a girl or not because she isn't her sister. I also don't think Ellie is competing with Em because she doesn't have any insecurities about her being better or not. I think Ellie 100% believes she is better than Matt and Em because their channel is more successful. She's winning. I think Bonnie or Ruby having a daughter would hurt them far more... possibly Julie since she has a husband I think Ellie finds more appealing.

Ellie has little to do with Em's kids anyway. We barely even see her acknowledge them! A girl isn't going to make much difference.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I wonder if Ellie was happy because she thinks that's proof that odds are she'll eventually get a girl?
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

calliepaige84 wrote:Ellie was in their reaction video and it honestly felt very genuine... at the end though they cut her off when she started speaking I wonder if she was saying “I better have one too!” Lol

Hes cut her off on the vlog before when she was facetiming his mom haha .. He's savage.. Is that too cringey coming from an old lady mom lol

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

kathpt wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Pregnancy is hard. Parenting is also hard. ANYONE that has experienced this knows hear things, and yet You Tube women always seem so surprised. Ellie wanted this pregnancy, and symptoms come along with that. She doesn't have to go to work, or Chase after her children all alone while hoping to not get sick. She is able to lay around most of the day and just rest. Do most of us that have had to balance a pregnancy (and symptoms) while also having to manage life want to hear her complain?...

Nope, and I think it's fair to criticize that. Their channel is in trouble and this may be their Hail Mary, but if Ellie is going to treat the pregnancy as obsessively as she did the house build/breastfeeding, etc.... then even the child audience are going to lose interest fast.
She has said a million times she's grateful to be in the position she is now. Don't ignore that just because she doesn't say it in every vlog.
It's not because she's in the position to take naps every 6 minutes & have a husband at home with her that she can't complain about feeling sick.
Just like all hard working pregnant moms that work a 12hr shift feel sick for those 12hrs, she does too. What your job is doesn't mean you can't feel sick or complain about it! It's a two way street.
I like Ellie as much as all of you, which isn't much, but it's my opinion that right now people are being too hard on her. It's her reality. She knows what it's like to work while pregnant because she did with when she was pregnant with Jackson.
Again, despite your working situation, you have all the right to feel sick, say you feel sick and take a nap if you can.
Please. She can whine and complain all she wants, but that doesn't mean people want to hear about it. She is also heavily embellishing. On Twitter she made it sound like she'd been throwing up constantly, but then replied to a comment that she'd only actually gotten sick twice. It's going to be a long 9 months if every vlog is going to be a big pity party of Jared buying Ellie Lush bombs and trying to make her feel better. When you're already a mother of two, pregnancy isn't usually all about you anymore. But you're right that she can complain and Jared can keep IGing her napping. I just don't have to watch. I predict many others won't as well :D
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

^^^^ exactly. Plus everything is harder for Ellie. She doesn't seem to sympathetic or helpful when her siblings are pregnant. Remember when she went to stay with Bonnie while Jared was out of town? She basically sat on her ass and made a very pregnant Bonnie (who also had PSD) chase Jackson around for her and clean up after him. Joel was also working at the time, and Bonnie was already dealing with 3 kids of her own. This board was super positive at the time, so it didn't really stand out, but for Ellie everything short of shopping and napping is hard and elicits complaints. Then Jared brought Ellie Lush back because he felt so bad for leaving her, when she seriously did nothing.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

MATT AND EM!!!! Oh man I got emotional when Matt got teary eyed in the car. So excited for them! Wonder if Ellie will follow in Em’s footsteps and have three boys first! I don’t follow Matt and Em much so I’m not sure what the general opinion is about their parenting and whatnot but Ethan is the CUTEST little boy. This sounds awful to say but he reminds me of Calvin without his Calvin-like traits (I’ve said the same about Julie and Landon’s Porter).

Anyway! I haven’t watched any E+J vlogs since the pregnancy announcement and I honestly probably won’t care much until she’s further along and closer to the gender reveal. I hope a third kid humbles her though. And if it ends up being a girl I’ll be honest, I’ll be HOOKED. Ellie with a daughter is unthinkable to me right now.

KayCeeee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KayCeeee »

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually really liked the vlog today for a few reasons. (Aside from showing the kids on the toilet. I will just never be okay with that.) I really liked how Jared gave a written shout out to check out Matt and Em's sweet gender reveal vlog. Ellie's and Jared's reactions in that video actually seemed genuine. And that ending with Ellie talking about her bedtime moment with Jackson was incredibly sweet. That boy is special and I think a majority of us here know that. It was nice to see Ellie being so down to earth and transparent about how lucky she feels to have him as her own. She's been capturing a lot of really positive Jackson moments and she seemed very humbled in this vlog.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

f4k_oyevey wrote:Could someone please explain to me what Jared meant about posting under the "community" tab? There seemed to be mixed responses to it, & I have no idea what it means?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”