JesssFam: Half a Dozen Kids for Half a Million Subs (Pt105)

dazzled
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: Half a Dozen Kids for Half a Million Subs (Pt1

Unread post by dazzled »

I'm honestly judging y'all so hard for using paper plates. I mean I don't give a fuck about the fact that it's trashy as hell (which it is, who the hell cooks a nice meal and uses a paper plate?), but do y'all ever think of, you know, the environment?
Bsveach15
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bsveach15 »

dazzled wrote:I'm honestly judging y'all so hard for using paper plates. I mean I don't give a fuck about the fact that it's trashy as hell (which it is, who the hell cooks a nice meal and uses a paper plate?), but do y'all ever think of, you know, the environment?
Aren’t they biodegradable? I mean, they’re paper? I serve my family (me, husband, 11 month old) on paper plates daily with the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
user123_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by user123_ »

Bsveach15 wrote:
dazzled wrote:I'm honestly judging y'all so hard for using paper plates. I mean I don't give a fuck about the fact that it's trashy as hell (which it is, who the hell cooks a nice meal and uses a paper plate?), but do y'all ever think of, you know, the environment?
Aren’t they biodegradable? I mean, they’re paper? I serve my family (me, husband, 11 month old) on paper plates daily with the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Oh my God no they aren't!!! Even biodegradable materials could take decades to break down. And the energy to create and ship them to the stores.
Is it really so hard to use re-usable normal dishes
Bsveach15
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bsveach15 »

user123_ wrote:
Bsveach15 wrote:

Oh my God no they aren't!!! Even biodegradable materials could take decades to break down. And the energy to create and ship them to the stores.
I guess I didn’t know that ☹️ we’ve always put them in the recycle been at least if they aren’t too messy.

dazzled
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by dazzled »

Bsveach15 wrote:
We don't have an endless supply of trees, which are super important. Not only that, but deforestation also harms wildlife and other plant species—white paper plates are bleached. Not only could the chlorine compounds potentially cause cancer, they might also cause developmental, reproductive, and immune system damage in living organisms, humans included. Because of the food residue, paper plates can also not be recycled, so if you don't have a home composting system your paper plates go to landfills, where biodegrading processes are slow. Also, your paper plates have to be shipped to the store which increases the carbon footprint of them even more.
Last edited by dazzled on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Maybe I’m in the minority. I use my grandmothers china for holidays.*shrugs*

waitwhat
Informer
Informer

Unread post by waitwhat »

doggo wrote:Did she ever explain the kids room situation in the new house? It looks like Lilia has her own, Landen has his own and the twins share? So I guess Tommy and Kaden (and eventually Addie) just drop wherever?
Tommy and Caden have bunks in Landen's room. Addie sleeps in Jess and Chris' room as far as we know.
The above comment is not about you. It's about the Youtuber whose name I'm mentioning in said comment. Please do not take it personally. Thank you for understanding :)
fudgeitup
Talker
Talker

Unread post by fudgeitup »

waitwhat wrote:
doggo wrote:Did she ever explain the kids room situation in the new house? It looks like Lilia has her own, Landen has his own and the twins share? So I guess Tommy and Kaden (and eventually Addie) just drop wherever?
Tommy and Caden have bunks in Landen's room. Addie sleeps in Jess and Chris' room as far as we know.
I’m like 99% sure there is no bunk bed set in Landen’s room. I think both Landen and Lilia have trundle beds, so T&C could definately sleep there!
Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

Let's be honest, she wouldn't even try to clean the plates, not when throwing tons of paper plates away is so much more convenient. The poor reusable plates would probably grow mold, before she would get up and do something and the last thing they need in that house is mold.

I still can't get over the fact that she claims being a Mom as her calling, but is annoyed by almost everything that has to do with being one.
Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

dazzled wrote:
Bsveach15 wrote:
We don't have an endless supply of trees, which are super important. Not only that, but deforestation also harms wildlife and other plant species—white paper plates are bleached. Not only could the chlorine compounds potentially cause cancer, they might also cause developmental, reproductive, and immune system damage in living organisms, humans included. Because of the food residue, paper plates can also not be recycled, so if you don't have a home composting system your paper plates go to landfills, where biodegrading processes are slow. Also, your paper plates have to be shipped to the store which increases the carbon footprint of them even more.
OMG thank you!!
Here (Europe) we often think Americans are stupid consumers who don’t give a f* about the environment and their carbon footprint, who drive their big ass car just for 2 miles, use a ton of paper plate and plastic every week... and I always thought this was an exaggerated cliche because of people like Jess. I was kind of shocked to read here that actual ppl use plastic or paper plate on the regular and I didn’t know how to word it.
Don’t you (Americans) learn about the environment at school? Deforestation? Pollution? Something?
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

user123_ wrote:
Bsveach15 wrote:

The common brands are biodegradable. Consumer Reports did this experiment. They had their testers eat hot chili and standard picnic fare off of Hefty basics, Chinet, Dixie Ultra, and America's choice and stuck the goopy drippy plates in a compost pile in a waste facility in Yonkers, NY and monitored the plates daily. The shortest time to complete dissolution was Chinet (3 weeks) and the longest was America's choice in 5 weeks. By dissolution I mean the plates with their food remains were gone.
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Is anyone here really surprised jess doesn’t break out the ‘fine china’ for thanksgiving? I mean really. It isn’t exactly shocking that she uses paper plates for her 5 thousand kids when she can’t be bothered to pick up trash all over the floor

Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

Just to add my two cents to paper-plate discussion: where I live paper-plates and plastic cups are used, but only if it's a big party with 10+ people, because nobody has that many plates at home. Concerning biodegradable, we used to have bags that were made out of biodegradable material and they usually started to have little wholes after about 2 months.

I don't remeber, but does Jess have a dishwasher? If so, there is even less of an excuse not to use at least reusable plates (doesn't have to be chinaplates).
DoodleBop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop »

I'm not surprised she uses disposable plates\cups. They seem to always have them in the house. It seems to be a vlogger thing they go on and on about how busy they are while filming themselves at Target every other day so they have to use paper plates and feed their kids junk.

Jess has a dishwasher. I bet if the kids had plastic plates they'd have more than enough plates.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

olemama wrote: The common brands are biodegradable. Consumer Reports did this experiment. They had their testers eat hot chili and standard picnic fare off of Hefty basics, Chinet, Dixie Ultra, and America's choice and stuck the goopy drippy plates in a compost pile in a waste facility in Yonkers, NY and monitored the plates daily. The shortest time to complete dissolution was Chinet (3 weeks) and the longest was America's choice in 5 weeks. By dissolution I mean the plates with their food remains were gone.
I mean regardless the trees chopped down can't be grown back in 5 weeks and I cant even imagine how much waste a family of 3 would produce from that instead of just...washing plates like a normal person. I don't think anyone who does this sort of thing a lot has any place to criticize others. I never thought 'uses dishware' was a standard any adult would have trouble meeting ffs.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
DoodleBop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop »

After holiday meals we all help clean up while we hang out including doing dishes and sorting how who was taking what leftovers. :P
lagenialester
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lagenialester »

DoodleBop wrote:After holiday meals we all help clean up while we hang out including doing dishes and sorting how who was taking what leftovers. :P
Same! It’s like a Thanksgiving tradition in our family to kick my grandmother out of the kitchen and clean for her.

Honestly I think it’s really dependent on family. Some of us are very environmentally conscious, others are either just unaware or didn’t grow up that way. The US is a bit country, we’re not all the same!
Sparklingdee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Sparklingdee »

Im from England apart from buffets at wedding or birthdays etc I never ever eat off a paper plate lmao, least of all for Christmas dinner!!!!! Yikes.
freebeegal
Informer
Informer

Unread post by freebeegal »

Also from England and can honestly say I’ve only used paper plates at a child’s (under 10) birthday party. If we host a party (grandparents 50th anniversary, wake of a funeral, my 21st etc) where there are more guests than we have plates... we hire plates from a company? I could never even contemplate using paper plates. Environmental factors aside (which should be enough to deter), it seems expensive (yes they’re cheap but using them for every meal every day adds up) and they’re tacky af

Spoink_12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Spoink_12 »

Regarding paper plates. We use paper plates if there is 10+ people, no one has that pant real plates. Our family holiday dinners are 20+ people. So it is wayyyy easier to use paper plates. But we burn everything, not throw out. The only other time we use paper plates is for camping and young kids birthday parties.

Return to “JesssFam”