JesssFam: Half a Dozen Kids for Half a Million Subs (Pt105)

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: Half a Dozen Kids for Half a Million Subs (Pt1

Unread post by olemama »

Lyanna wrote: OMG thank you!!
Here (Europe) we often think Americans are stupid consumers who don’t give a f* about the environment and their carbon footprint, who drive their big ass car just for 2 miles, use a ton of paper plate and plastic every week... and I always thought this was an exaggerated cliche because of people like Jess. I was kind of shocked to read here that actual ppl use plastic or paper plate on the regular and I didn’t know how to word it.
Don’t you (Americans) learn about the environment at school? Deforestation? Pollution? Something?
This post reveals that you are completely ignorant about Americans. 'Nuff said.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

luci417 wrote:
olemama wrote: The common brands are biodegradable. Consumer Reports did this experiment. They had their testers eat hot chili and standard picnic fare off of Hefty basics, Chinet, Dixie Ultra, and America's choice and stuck the goopy drippy plates in a compost pile in a waste facility in Yonkers, NY and monitored the plates daily. The shortest time to complete dissolution was Chinet (3 weeks) and the longest was America's choice in 5 weeks. By dissolution I mean the plates with their food remains were gone.
I mean regardless the trees chopped down can't be grown back in 5 weeks and I cant even imagine how much waste a family of 3 would produce from that instead of just...washing plates like a normal person. I don't think anyone who does this sort of thing a lot has any place to criticize others. I never thought 'uses dishware' was a standard any adult would have trouble meeting ffs.
I did not criticize anyone or advocate eating off of paper plates all the time. A poster made the statement that paper plates were not biodegradable. She was incorrect. And anyone who has a compost bin in their backyard (and I do) can prove this. You don't have to take my work for it. Try it out! Scrap your plate, rip it up into small pieces, stick it in your compost pile and and see what happens.
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

olemama wrote:
Here (Europe) we often think Americans are stupid consumers who don’t give a f* about the environment and their carbon footprint, who drive their big ass car just for 2 miles, use a ton of paper plate and plastic every week... and I always thought this was an exaggerated cliche because of people like Jess. I was kind of shocked to read here that actual ppl use plastic or paper plate on the regular and I didn’t know how to word it.
Don’t you (Americans) learn about the environment at school? Deforestation? Pollution? Something?
It’s pretty spot on for the people I know (I’m American). I don’t know many people who don’t drive a huge gas guzzling SUV even though they have 1 baby or 2 children and yes they all use paper plates. I grew up using paper plates. I probably know a handful of people who even recycle. A lot of them just don’t care. Could be regional though. I grew up in Hickville...panhandle Florida.
mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

Bsveach15 wrote:
dazzled wrote:I'm honestly judging y'all so hard for using paper plates. I mean I don't give a fuck about the fact that it's trashy as hell (which it is, who the hell cooks a nice meal and uses a paper plate?), but do y'all ever think of, you know, the environment?
Aren’t they biodegradable? I mean, they’re paper? I serve my family (me, husband, 11 month old) on paper plates daily with the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Genuine question, why do you use paper plates instead of real ones every single day?
DoodleBop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop »

It probably is dependent on area. I don't know anyone who uses paper plates outside of parties or cook outs. I also don't know of any place to rent dishes though so unless you can borrow them from your church paper plates it is.
webby
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by webby »

anyway
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 81af7f.jpg[/img]

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
vonniebeth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Discord name: vonniebeth

Unread post by vonniebeth »

My family uses paper plates on Thanksgiving and Christmas. My dad's side of family is huge (my dad is one of six. All but one is married (the one is divorced) and all have kids. My cousins are either married or have a significant other who comes to dinner. One of my cousins has two kids, though one is a baby) and I frankly wouldn't want to clean so many plates in addition to the sheet pans and crockpots. If it was just my immediate family eating dinner, of course we would use regular plates. It's really just personal prerogative.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

RIP Seamus, the goodest good boy :love2: 11.08.06-12.08.19
funkycat123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by funkycat123 »

webby wrote:anyway

Yikes. Those eyes.
webby
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by webby »

Baldilocks looks like a boy, this must be killing Messica
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 3495e3.jpg[/img]

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I only used paper plates at kids birthday parties, we rented plates from party rental companies. I have lived in three states and all had party rentals. I have rented plates, silverware, wine glasses, high balls and low balls for mixed drinks and sodas.

Echox3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Echox3 »

JesssFam & The Paper Plates.

But that picture of Addie in the grass is so over edited omg why not just photoshop red hair on her while you're at it?

EmilyMadison
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by EmilyMadison »

Bsveach15 wrote:
user123_ wrote:
Bsveach15 wrote: Aren’t they biodegradable? I mean, they’re paper? I serve my family (me, husband, 11 month old) on paper plates daily with the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Oh my God no they aren't!!! Even biodegradable materials could take decades to break down. And the energy to create and ship them to the stores.
Is it really so hard to use re-usable normal dishes
I guess I didn’t know that ☹️ we’ve always put them in the recycle been at least if they aren’t too messy.

We only use paper plates on occasions like holidays due to easier clean up and less chance of a kid dropping a plate and breaking it.

charmed596
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by charmed596 »

olemama wrote:
I’m American and this literally describes us??? I drive my trash to the dumpster. I grew up on paper plates. It’s okay to love your country (like me) and admit that we’re EXTREMELY ignorant with climate change. The president has tweeted it was created by the Chinese.
Jess really embodies the true American. Lots of babies young by multiple shitty men. Lack of awareness of the earth and other LAZINESS. anyways Addie is a cute bald baby ain’t nothin wrong w it lol. Once u get over the weirdness it’s awesome

Viewingsince2010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Viewingsince2010 »

Bsveach15 wrote:
webby wrote:
Raqi1995 wrote:Already 13,000 past 500,00 in less than a week. She bought subscribers.
I noticed that too

How would one buy subscribers? I didn’t know that was a thing lol

Its definitely a thing. I watched a video about it and im sure there are plenty more videos on it. You can also chose the option to spread it out so like over a week rather then just getting them all in a day
SJSx3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SJSx3 »

I came one here thinking something interesting had to of happened because there were two new pages even though no vlog yet today. NOPE. Just people talking about paper plates. :?
Since everyone else is weighing in I will too. She didn't have that many people over and has a dish washer, she could of used real plates/cups/silverware no problem.
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

Omg I can’t believe there’s 2
Pages of paper plates but I’m like laughing my ass off at the girl who feeds her husband and baby on paper plates every day.
Show some fricken respect for your husbands hard work and serve him dinner on a real plate omg!!!!

ytdramaqueen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ytdramaqueen »

Omg I'm trying so hard to keep this to myself but can we please stop the paper plate talk. A few comments is fine but 2 pages of people on a soapbox about paper plates is ridiculous

Jameson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Jameson »

Anyways.

It makes me mad how many tacky etsy outfits Ad has yet the boys have walmart special clothes. She has so many pairs of those ugly moccasins but the boys get payless and walmart shoes???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
blonderoast
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by blonderoast »

funkycat123 wrote:
webby wrote:anyway

Yikes. Those eyes.
Yikes is right. I always feel bad because I can never find the cute in this baby (and that’s rare for me). I think it’s because she looks way too much like her big, dopey, gap toothed father. I think it’s entirely possible that she’ll turn into a cute toddler/ kid but for now...yikes...

missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

Jess needs to get pregnant again. I’m getting bored with her life lol where’s the drama !!!

Return to “JesssFam”