JesssFam: Half a Dozen Kids for Half a Million Subs (Pt105)

eliza0609
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: Half a Dozen Kids for Half a Million Subs (Pt1

Unread post by eliza0609 »

this family needs to do something interesting.. I thought they did and now I have a strong opinion on paper plates and no updates hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ytdramaqueen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ytdramaqueen »

missy-1010 wrote:Jess needs to get pregnant again. I’m getting bored with her life lol where’s the drama !!!

ImageImageImageImage I need baby daddy drama!

SJSx3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SJSx3 »

So who was watching Addie while Chris hung lights??And why is she still have poop explosions and so frequently?
Chatabox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Chatabox »

olemama wrote:
user123_ wrote:
Bsveach15 wrote: Aren’t they biodegradable? I mean, they’re paper? I serve my family (me, husband, 11 month old) on paper plates daily with the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Oh my God no they aren't!!! Even biodegradable materials could take decades to break down. And the energy to create and ship them to the stores.
Is it really so hard to use re-usable normal dishes
The common brands are biodegradable. Consumer Reports did this experiment. They had their testers eat hot chili and standard picnic fare off of Hefty basics, Chinet, Dixie Ultra, and America's choice and stuck the goopy drippy plates in a compost pile in a waste facility in Yonkers, NY and monitored the plates daily. The shortest time to complete dissolution was Chinet (3 weeks) and the longest was America's choice in 5 weeks. By dissolution I mean the plates with their food remains were gone.
But they’re normally not put into a compost pile. Normally they’re in a plastic bag filled with rubbish, and put straight into landfill. They don’t break open every bag to seperate the contents like they do with recyclables. And things do not decompose in landfill very fast at all.
nomis99
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nomis99 »

As much as I dislike Jess and her life choices, I do give her credit for taking her kids to see Wonder.

AbbyClare
Talker
Talker

Unread post by AbbyClare »

mydietsucks_1 wrote:
Bsveach15 wrote:
dazzled wrote:I'm honestly judging y'all so hard for using paper plates. I mean I don't give a fuck about the fact that it's trashy as hell (which it is, who the hell cooks a nice meal and uses a paper plate?), but do y'all ever think of, you know, the environment?
Aren’t they biodegradable? I mean, they’re paper? I serve my family (me, husband, 11 month old) on paper plates daily with the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Genuine question, why do you use paper plates instead of real ones every single day?[/quote

Even if they are biodegradable which I'm not sure about, there's more to paper plates than the waste you're producing every day. There's a production and distribution process that causes waste and pollution and wastes electricity and water.
Personally I just don't like the cheap look of them. I'm from Germany and we never use paper plates except maybe for Picknick in the park but that's absolutely it.
soma31
Informer
Informer

Unread post by soma31 »

Last time I brought up paper plates on this thread (I’m Australian and wasn’t sure if it was a cultural thing) the same thing happened

Moving on... what do people think of the new intro?

ArielLipstick
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ArielLipstick »

I like the new intro. It's short, simple, and no one is dressed ridiculously for once. The kids are really cute.
dazzled
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by dazzled »

Cross my heart, last post about this topic no matter what.
olemama wrote:
Lyanna wrote: OMG thank you!!
Here (Europe) we often think Americans are stupid consumers who don’t give a f* about the environment and their carbon footprint, who drive their big ass car just for 2 miles, use a ton of paper plate and plastic every week... and I always thought this was an exaggerated cliche because of people like Jess. I was kind of shocked to read here that actual ppl use plastic or paper plate on the regular and I didn’t know how to word it.
Don’t you (Americans) learn about the environment at school? Deforestation? Pollution? Something?
This post reveals that you are completely ignorant about Americans. 'Nuff said.
No one says that all Americans are like this. In fact none of my American friends eat off paper plates, thank God. But the only people I've seen admitting using paper plates and showing other wasteful behavior of that sort on a daily basis are Americans. Where I live, paper plates are only in use if it's a huge party or if it's an outside event. Never on a regular basis.

I have never seen people get so overly defensive about their countries and their, uh, "culture", as Americans do.
Rittk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Rittk1 »

SJSx3 wrote:So who was watching Addie while Chris hung lights??And why is she still have poop explosions and so frequently?

I think Jesss said something about Addie might be allergic to almond milk. Correct me if I’m wrong!

Viewingsince2010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Viewingsince2010 »

I might be alone on this, I think the intro was to fast. Maybe its to early in the morning and I haven't had my coffee, but the caden and lilia part was fine, then the other kids were super fast like you cant keep track of them, and then of course the part with baby giant was fine. The middle kids went to fast. Im all for a short quick intro but the middle kids part was to fast
Lurker2
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lurker2 »

Why does she even bother blurring her house number?
At first I thought she was blurring Chris' face, I thought that was pretty entertaining until I got further into the vlog and saw she was covering up her house number lol
EmilyMadison
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by EmilyMadison »

Rittk1 wrote:
SJSx3 wrote:So who was watching Addie while Chris hung lights??And why is she still have poop explosions and so frequently?

I think Jesss said something about Addie might be allergic to almond milk. Correct me if I’m wrong!

If she truly believes it’s an almond allergy, she needs to stop feeding it to her before it becomes anaphylactic.

DoodleBop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop »

If that kid is having an issue with almonds she might also have to be careful with all the take out they eat. Like she has any idea what has almonds in it or cross contaminated with almonds.

I wonder if Addie's actually reason for liquid poop is because the majority of her diet is still liquid and she simply doesn't get changed enough.
snowflakecake
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by snowflakecake »

Viewingsince2010 wrote:I might be alone on this, I think the intro was to fast. Maybe its to early in the morning and I haven't had my coffee, but the caden and lilia part was fine, then the other kids were super fast like you cant keep track of them, and then of course the part with baby giant was fine. The middle kids went to fast. Im all for a short quick intro but the middle kids part was to fast
I agree with you on this!! I actually slowed it down with youtube's speed function just to actually get to appreciate it. I think it's cute, but it was TOO quick.

As far as the paper plate discussion goes.. using it every day is weird as hell, so bad for the environment and..really trashy. Using it for a party with lots of people when you want to save time cleaning up is fine.
doggo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by doggo »

snowflakecake wrote:
Viewingsince2010 wrote:I might be alone on this, I think the intro was to fast. Maybe its to early in the morning and I haven't had my coffee, but the caden and lilia part was fine, then the other kids were super fast like you cant keep track of them, and then of course the part with baby giant was fine. The middle kids went to fast. Im all for a short quick intro but the middle kids part was to fast
I agree with you on this!! I actually slowed it down with youtube's speed function just to actually get to appreciate it. I think it's cute, but it was TOO quick
Yeah, I compared it to the other one and they're actually the same length (5 seconds) but the new one just seems super rushed.
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

dazzled wrote:Cross my heart, last post about this topic no matter what.
olemama wrote:
Lyanna wrote: OMG thank you!!
Here (Europe) we often think Americans are stupid consumers who don’t give a f* about the environment and their carbon footprint, who drive their big ass car just for 2 miles, use a ton of paper plate and plastic every week... and I always thought this was an exaggerated cliche because of people like Jess. I was kind of shocked to read here that actual ppl use plastic or paper plate on the regular and I didn’t know how to word it.
Don’t you (Americans) learn about the environment at school? Deforestation? Pollution? Something?
This post reveals that you are completely ignorant about Americans. 'Nuff said.
No one says that all Americans are like this. In fact none of my American friends eat off paper plates, thank God. But the only people I've seen admitting using paper plates and showing other wasteful behavior of that sort on a daily basis are Americans. Where I live, paper plates are only in use if it's a huge party or if it's an outside event. Never on a regular basis.

I have never seen people get so overly defensive about their countries and their, uh, "culture", as Americans do.
Okay, drop it. This is getting hateful.
whomever
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whomever »

Is no one else going to bring up the fact that while Chris was left at home with the 2 younger kids, instead of watching them he just leaves them inside of that filthy messy house while he puts Christmas lights on the house...who knows what could happen without supervision especially since just a couple vlog's back the baby was putting a Lego in her mouth smh....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

whomever wrote:Is no one else going to bring up the fact that while Chris was left at home with the 2 younger kids, instead of watching them he just leaves them inside of that filthy messy house while he puts Christmas lights on the house...who knows what could happen without supervision especially since just a couple vlog's back the baby was putting a Lego in her mouth Image smh....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Um because excuse you, she breastfed all her babies with her magical golden boob cream and they are invincible. Nothing bad will happen to them because the cream still flows through their veins making them impervious to choking, broken bones, falling, breathing issues, back issues, emotional issues. How dare you doubt her boob cream!!!

DoodleBop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop »

Think of the views they'd get for almost death by Lego considering how long they rode the "aborted SIDS" train.

Return to “JesssFam”