True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

HelloSweetie wrote:
workfromhomemom wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Yes! I hate that vloggers like E&J will tell everyone to be kind, but will leave absolutely disgusting, awful, and mean-spirited comments up as long as they are attacking someone offering criticism/defending them. I would have far more respect for a vlogger if they actually used their platform to encourage the child minions to behave in a certain manner. You know, actually be good role models!

I watch a high profile vlogger who recently had someone scam her out of $10k and her viewers found the person and was attacking them. She said she hoped everyone would just leave them alone because she doesn't want anyone fighting. I think the older YTers are far more professional than the ones that came after and just wanted to make an easy buck/be famous.
Who was the vlogger that got scammed? I am just curious.
Bunny Meyer (Grav3yardgirl). It was over a 90s Mystery Box.
It wasn’t $10k? It was $950 lol
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

marshmallowfluf wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
workfromhomemom wrote: Who was the vlogger that got scammed? I am just curious.
Bunny Meyer (Grav3yardgirl). It was over a 90s Mystery Box.
It wasn’t $10k? It was $950 lol
Lol. That was supposed to be 1k.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lmmomSD wrote:Ok. I can't watch. What is "The Real Meaning of Christmas"?

I'm cynical, I guess, but with the super expensive Christmas tree while their channel is tanking, and all the decorations, not sure if I want to hear what they think it's really all about.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ImMom.. you know i love you... but i have to say.. this is a little harsh i think. Just bc they bought a new tree and decorations, they can't talk about the real meaning of Christmas? C&K have never been one to put on the fake Christian airs like some (cough B&M) do. They go to church on a very regular basis, have for years and years. Relied on, talked about and gathered strength in their Faith when they had pregnancy troubles in the beginning. teach the kids prayers and have had them both dedicated in the church. They have taught both of the kids the real meaning of Christmas from the start. (MG has had that Little People Nativity since her first Christmas i think.. maybe 2nd.. she was pretty little her first Xmas) In that vlog, Beth the Elf was the angel on the Nativity, and Katie had a nice little convo about the meaning of Christmas with Gaines, who knew that it was to celebrate Jesus' birth. The new tree hasn't changed them in regards to their Faith, which is considerably stronger than most of the vloggers i watch (but not in your face, which i enjoy). I totally understand your frustrations with them spending what you consider frivolously on a tree, but that doesn't undermine the meaning of Christmas for them. They are consistent with church, and have the kids in a Christian based MDO program.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:

I'm cynical, I guess, but with the super expensive Christmas tree while their channel is tanking, and all the decorations, not sure if I want to hear what they think it's really all about.

ImMom.. you know i love you... but i have to say.. this is a little harsh i think. Just bc they bought a new tree and decorations, they can't talk about the real meaning of Christmas? C&K have never been one to put on the fake Christian airs like some (cough B&M) do. They go to church on a very regular basis, have for years and years. Relied on, talked about and gathered strength in their Faith when they had pregnancy troubles in the beginning. teach the kids prayers and have had them both dedicated in the church. They have taught both of the kids the real meaning of Christmas from the start. (MG has had that Little People Nativity since her first Christmas i think.. maybe 2nd.. she was pretty little her first Xmas) In that vlog, Beth the Elf was the angel on the Nativity, and Katie had a nice little convo about the meaning of Christmas with Gaines, who knew that it was to celebrate Jesus' birth. The new tree hasn't changed them in regards to their Faith, which is considerably stronger than most of the vloggers i watch (but not in your face, which i enjoy). I totally understand your frustrations with them spending what you consider frivolously on a tree, but that doesn't undermine the meaning of Christmas for them. They are consistent with church, and have the kids in a Christian based MDO program.
I don't think it was harsh. The true meaning of Christmas isn't just about "talking" about Jesus. C&K have the time to actually go out and do something to give of their time, and yet they never do. They are all talk just like E&J, B&M and the other Christian vloggers that are extra religious at Christmas time.

You can go to church every week but that doesn't mean you're a truly kind and giving persons. C&K are becoming increasingly more materialistic, and will undoubtedly raise the kids to be the same. Lmmomsd is entitled to question that, and to not want to hear a YTer preach about "the true meaning." I don't at all agree that criticism should be off the table as long as you have a nativity and attend church Image. I have that LP nativity and pay for my son to attend Catholic School, but we are more or less agnostic. Those things don't make you a better person than the atheist down the street who is giving of their time. I'm sure Jesus would agree. If it all comes down to worship, then people have lost sight of the original message.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:

I know. It just seems disingenuous to post a monetized vlog about the "true meaning of Christmas". I know that they are much more real about their faith than most "Christian" vloggers. I will give them that. But people who make their living exploiting their kids and filming themselves drunk at football games, at the in-laws' beach house, and in their big house that YouTube (not "hard work") paid for talking about the true meaning of Christmas and getting paid to do it? Maybe I am too judgy, but it rubs me the wrong way. How about instead of filming homeless people and laughing at them (which he has done) he goes and works at a homeless shelter? They go to church, but they don't seem to have the "giving" part of Christianity down. And I know not everyone can be my parents. Hell, I certainly don't do half the good in this world that they did. But they did teach me that faith without works is dead.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

I don't think it was harsh. The true meaning of Christmas isn't just about "talking" about Jesus. C&K have the time to actually go out and do something to give of their time, and yet they never do. They are all talk just like E&J, B&M and the other Christian vloggers that are extra religious at Christmas time.

You can go to church every week but that doesn't mean you're a truly kind and giving persons. C&K are becoming increasingly more materialistic, and will undoubtedly raise the kids to be the same. Lmmomsd is entitled to question that, and to not want to hear a YTer preach about "the true meaning." I don't at all agree that criticism should be off the table as long as you have a nativity and attend church Image. I have that LP nativity and pay for my son to attend Catholic School, but we are more or less agnostic. Those things don't make you a better person than the atheist down the street who is giving of their time. I'm sure Jesus would agree. If it all comes down to worship, then people have lost sight of the original message.

First thing that comes to mind was the year they were sponsored by I think Toys R Us, and they were given a TON of toys for free on top of the $$$ for the sponsorship, and they ended up keeping most of the toys for Gaines, and the cousins. I don’t remember much else, but I don’t think they gave away much, if any. I do think they’re “good church-going Christians,” but the religion basically ends there in terms of giving to those less fortunate and helping out your fellow man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

PS-- I like you too, and I am glad we can discuss these things without getting personal!
HS-- you exactly got my meaning. The tree was just an example. I probably shouldn't have mentioned that, and kept it to their general increase in materialism, especially over the last year.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Never mind i guess....
I agree that they should go out and do more for the community. My point was that they don't just turn on the Faith when Christmas comes around and that buying a new tree doesn't make you less of a religious person. They are consistent in their faith, and they are by no means perfect Christians, but they are a lot more genuine in their faith than many others are.

I think i need a break from here.
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

Agreed with ImmomSD and HelloSweetie. Just going to church every week and preaching on YouTube about how much faith you have doesn't make you a "true Christian". If you really, truly believe in Jesus and what he stood for, you should be spreading his love by helping others and also trying to make yourself a better person. I don't see that in C&K any more than I see it in B&M. Yeah, who knows what they might do behind the scenes. But based on what they do show (the materialism and the blatant disregard for others) they're in the same boat as everyone else.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Ok disregard my example. I went back and found that video I was talking about, and it was Kmart, and they got a ton of toys, but then did a giveaway of a second set of the same toys.

I still agree with Hellosweetie though.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:Never mind i guess....
I agree that they should go out and do more for the community. My point was that they don't just turn on the Faith when Christmas comes around and that buying a new tree doesn't make you less of a religious person. They are consistent in their faith, and they are by no means perfect Christians, but they are a lot more genuine in their faith than many others are.

I think i need a break from here.
I agree that they are consistent with their faith, and always have been. I just think the YouTube culture kind of goes against a lot of what Christianity teaches. So they’re sort of damned if you do damned if you don’t. If that makes any sense at all.

ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

I always feel like when the topic of giving back vloggers are damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they do show it it's claims of being sponsored or looking for ass pats, if they don't show it then we assume that they aren't doing anything at all.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Just because someone has a new tree, or a fully decked out Christmas house doesn't mean they aren't religious. At the same time, just because someone attends church most sundays doesn't mean they are religious.

I think K&C are pretty consistent in their religion, and I think they do a good job showing that in the vlogs without being over the top religion in your face type thing.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ferriswheel wrote:I always feel like when the topic of giving back vloggers are damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they do show it it's claims of being sponsored or looking for ass pats, if they don't show it then we assume that they aren't doing anything at all.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
When it comes to doing nice things for others, I disagree. Joel Hoellein is often giving of his time... sometimes we see it, and sometimes we don't. It doesn't seem like he's looking for ass pats because it's true to his character and not "put on" like some vloggers do. Ellie and Jared on the other hand will give their parents their old phones and act like they are saving the world. If you act like this based off something so small, then I doubt you are giving in other ways on a daily basis and we just aren't hearing about it. That doesn't fit their character.

Like lmmomsd said, if Cullen is the type to film someone when they are down and out, I doubt he's out there handing sandwiches out to the homeless and teaching his children to be kind and understanding to all mankind.
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

Cullen sent his minions after me after I tweeted something at him that he didn’t absolutely love. It was sick. I had to delete my tweet and block like 25 people including Cullen to get my twitter back to normal. Never making that mistake again. I’ve disliked him ever since

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I have to agree that cullen and katie are a little selfish when it comes to giving to charity or doing good for others. I will forever remember how katie acted when they raised money for breast cancer. Instead of saying how amazing it was that they ended up raising so much money she said something about how that money could be used for a down payment on their new house! Thats not exactly a giving attitude.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Not the most flattering thumbnail. It looks like Cullen is blowing into Katie's nose.

I felt so bad for Katie when she showed the eggs all over the floor and in the vent. What a mess! And it was probably Cullen who put them in the fridge the wrong way.

PF Changs take-out for lunch? Katie didn't seem that thrilled. I think she really wants to try to make better choices with food, but Cullen is such an enabler. He cut right into those Rice Crispy treats first thing in the morning, too

I'm glad they didn't seem to embarrass Gaines when she said she had a boyfriend. They really shouldn't be talking to her about boyfriends at age three in the first place. Encourage her to have friends that are boys and girls without alluding to other things at such a young age. She probably has no idea what it even means to have a boyfriend. Just thought they meant do you have any friends that are boys.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Well Gaines fell asleep in time out. I remember those days when I had to put a tired preschooler in time out knowing/hoping they would fall asleep.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Ducklings4 wrote:Well Gaines fell asleep in time out. I remember those days when I had to put a tired preschooler in time out knowing/hoping they would fall asleep.

I was hoping that would happen with my daughter today. No luck.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

marshmallowfluf wrote:I have to agree that cullen and katie are a little selfish when it comes to giving to charity or doing good for others. I will forever remember how katie acted when they raised money for breast cancer. Instead of saying how amazing it was that they ended up raising so much money she said something about how that money could be used for a down payment on their new house! Thats not exactly a giving attitude.
I wonder what happened to their trip they won!!??!!?? Shouldn't they of went on that by now.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”