Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by staceymj »

I have no doubt that Joel would be able to get a job quite easily if he needed too. I imagine he would be a really good employee and I would be shocked if he didn’t leave his previous jobs on good terms. Bonnie and Joel would be fine without YouTube because they still live pretty modestly (especially in comparison to other youtubers) and I’m sure they have completely paid off their house and cars by now. I am surprised Joel hasn’t started a business of some sort by now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YTIUH
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by YTIUH »

How is this for a conspiracy theory: Ellie and Jared flagged Bonnie’s videos in hopes that Bonnie’s stops uploading and her viewers would watch E&J channel since the sisters live so close and often hang out together.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

YTIUH wrote:How is this for a conspiracy theory: Ellie and Jared flagged Bonnie’s videos in hopes that Bonnie’s stops uploading and her viewers would watch E&J channel since the sisters live so close and often hang out together.
Lol. I actually had a similar thought, only I figured Ellie maybe flagged her siblings' channels out of jealousy. I'm sure she feels they have ridden her coat tails after she put in all the hard work.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

staceybrax wrote:I have no doubt that Joel would be able to get a job quite easily if he needed too. I imagine he would be a really good employee and I would be shocked if he didn’t leave his previous jobs on good terms. Bonnie and Joel would be fine without YouTube because they still live pretty modestly (especially in comparison to other youtubers) and I’m sure they have completely paid off their house and cars by now. I am surprised Joel hasn’t started a business of some sort by now though.

Unlike her sisters, Bonnie still has a largely mom-based audience, and so if her channel can't be monetized again, she could still make a good wage by starting a Patreon account. They have maintained their same lifestyle and should be able to live with far less than they were making with YT, but still being in far more with Patreon and vlogging than they ever did before YT. If 1700 people paid $5 a month to watch Bonnie's videos/engage with her in a private FB group, then they could easily still bring in over $100k a year. Joel could then get to work on whatever business he's been dreaming of in the meantime for when interest does eventually wain.

I think B&J will be fine because they didn't develop unrealistic expectations about how long the gravy train would last in the first place.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I could see Ellie screaming from the tub to Jarwd for him Flag a siblings video.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

It doesn't necessarily need to be a flag from someone though, it could be her tags and titles that are doing it. For her entire channel to be flagged I suspect it's years of questionable tags and titles that have finally caught up with her. That's not to say that E&J or anyone else doesn't deserve the same treatment for theirs, just that Bonnie isn't innocent in the tagging game and it's finally caught up with her. I hope this means less bathroom/puberty/embarrassing content on YouTube moving forward.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:It doesn't necessarily need to be a flag from someone though, it could be her tags and titles that are doing it. For her entire channel to be flagged I suspect it's years of questionable tags and titles that have finally caught up with her. That's not to say that E&J or anyone else doesn't deserve the same treatment for theirs, just that Bonnie isn't innocent in the tagging game and it's finally caught up with her. I hope this means less bathroom/puberty/embarrassing content on YouTube moving forward.
The pooped my pants thing def might have pushed it to the edge. Any video that shows a child peeing or pooping is unfortunately major pedophile click bait. Bonnie also has a few old old videos of olivia in just her underwear swimming and I think I remember the tags being suggestive.

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I also think if Joel went back to work Bonnie could make a decent living just being an Instagram mom with sponsors. So many IG moms make a living being a “social media influencer” and switch from vlogger to blogger.

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Not trying to offend anyone cause you all mean well but some of you are obsessed and have this idea that you know Joel and want this for him more than he does for himself, to open his own business cause that's the kind of man he is ?
Joel quit a traditional job to do youtube for a living. He does youtube and will continue with his wife for as long as they can, which they mentioned in their Q&A vlog. It's almost 2 years now even though the announcement came months later, I think it's time for us to move on and accept that Joel left the job he had and enjoys vlogging while he remains as a good father/husband.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Namm wrote:Not trying to offend anyone cause you all mean well but some of you are obsessed and have this idea that you know Joel and want this for him more than he does for himself, to open his own business cause that's the kind of man he is ?
Joel quit a traditional job to do youtube for a living. He does youtube and will continue with his wife for as long as they can, which they mentioned in their Q&A vlog. It's almost 2 years now even though the announcement came months later, I think it's time for us to move on and accept that Joel left the job he had and enjoys vlogging while he remains as a good father/husband.
The business idea has come from Joel. He's said it more than once in vlogs. Something like a car wash or laundromat.

But I agree, they can make enough for him to keep staying home even if Bonnie just starts a Patreon or IG sponsorships.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I'm still relatively stupid when it comes to understanding YT stuff. Does this mean now that Bonnie is done? Or is there still a chance she'll get back to being monetized? How does it work?
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Instagram mom or push the kids into the musical.ly route

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

natalka81 wrote:I'm still relatively stupid when it comes to understanding YT stuff. Does this mean now that Bonnie is done? Or is there still a chance she'll get back to being monetized? How does it work?
She just has to dispute it which could take awhile. She'll likely get remonetized eventually, but will miss out on the income from the vlogs in the meantime.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
natalka81 wrote:I'm still relatively stupid when it comes to understanding YT stuff. Does this mean now that Bonnie is done? Or is there still a chance she'll get back to being monetized? How does it work?
She just has to dispute it which could take awhile. She'll likely get remonetized eventually, but will miss out on the income from the vlogs in the meantime.
She will have to keep posting as well so she does not become irrelevant. Maybe she should not have posted picks of Boston in his underwear. I enjoy her videos, but whenever something was pointed out as questionable, she got up on her high horse. I hope YT is going through the family vloggers alphabetically because there are a lot worse offenders.

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I’m not so entertained by family vloggers that I am sad to see their easy money go away, and I would never pay a patreon or whatever it’s called. Could be jealousy and resentment but I have no remorse for Bonnie or any other family vlogger whose sole income is YouTube and filming their kids. I feel bad for you tubers who actually invested money and time into making their content. Family vloggers just point and shoot home videos throughout their day. I’m just not surprised and these families shouldn’t have been so reliant on such a sketchy “career” . I hate seeing both parents stay home and nap throughout the day while online shopping with no worries. A reality check is in need and this is finally it. I hope it affects E+J. Yes I’m evil and cold hearted lol

Jared can become a salesman again, Ellie will do hair, Joel will work at a factory with shift work again (not sure if that’s exactly what he did?), ruby can become a real mom again and start couponing and Julie has her RN and Landon his masters- they may have student debt but they have the best fall back plan.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

gymchick43 wrote:I’m not so entertained by family vloggers that I am sad to see their easy money go away, and I would never pay a patreon or whatever it’s called. Could be jealousy and resentment but I have no remorse for Bonnie or any other family vlogger whose sole income is YouTube and filming their kids. I feel bad for you tubers who actually invested money and time into making their content. Family vloggers just point and shoot home videos throughout their day. I’m just not surprised and these families shouldn’t have been so reliant on such a sketchy “career” . I hate seeing both parents stay home and nap throughout the day while online shopping with no worries. A reality check is in need and this is finally it. I hope it affects E+J. Yes I’m evil and cold hearted lol

Jared can become a salesman again, Ellie will do hair, Joel will work at a factory with shift work again (not sure if that’s exactly what he did?), ruby can become a real mom again and start couponing and Julie has her RN and Landon his masters- they may have student debt but they have the best fall back plan.

I get what you're saying and I agree when it comes to some vloggers, but I feel like the "napping all day" comment doesn't apply to Bonnie's vlogs. Joel uses his free time to do a lot of good and to help out others. They haven't been nearly as exploitative of their children, and the channel is definitely geared towards a more "mom" or adult audience.

Of all the vloggers I watch, B&J were the only ones I ever saw acknowledge how fortunate they are, and how temporary it is. After the pedo website drama last year, they have been far more careful when vlogging around the kids in undress. She should definitely be held to higher standards, but I'm not laughing that she's getting punished when there are others that are far worse being given an opportunity to get ahead of things and not receive the same accountability.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:I’m not so entertained by family vloggers that I am sad to see their easy money go away, and I would never pay a patreon or whatever it’s called. Could be jealousy and resentment but I have no remorse for Bonnie or any other family vlogger whose sole income is YouTube and filming their kids. I feel bad for you tubers who actually invested money and time into making their content. Family vloggers just point and shoot home videos throughout their day. I’m just not surprised and these families shouldn’t have been so reliant on such a sketchy “career” . I hate seeing both parents stay home and nap throughout the day while online shopping with no worries. A reality check is in need and this is finally it. I hope it affects E+J. Yes I’m evil and cold hearted lol

I get what you're saying and I agree when it comes to some vloggers, but I feel like the "napping all day" comment doesn't apply to Bonnie's vlogs. Joel uses his free time to do a lot of good and to help out others. They haven't been nearly as exploitative of their children, and the channel is definitely geared towards a more "mom" or adult audience.

Of all the vloggers I watch, B&J were the only ones I ever saw acknowledge how fortunate they are, and how temporary it is. After the pedo website drama last year, they have been far more careful when vlogging around the kids in undress. She should definitely be held to higher standards, but I'm not laughing that she's getting punished when there are others that are far worse being given an opportunity to get ahead of things and not receive the same accountability.
I’m just excited because this is the start of something long over due. I know Bonnie and Joel at least show their gratitude more than others and Joel is helpful. I am more generalizing all family vloggers who have both parents stay home. I used to watch religiously when Joel worked and Bonnie edited, I LOVED their videos then, and the switch def changed something for me. And I think other vloggers will be hit soon...Im less excited about Bonnie being demonetized, and more excited of the fact that this must be hitting close to home to E+J which is next best thing....if it was happening to some random vlogger Ellie didn’t associate with, Ellie wouldn’t worry or care. But her sister? It has to be making them scramble a bit. I just think this is such a good lesson for these vloggers, I think it’s going to change things for the better. Better for their kids being exploited and hopefully humble the vloggers who are getting too comfortable.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Toysand Me is at 0 too

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I don't think patreon will work for family vloggers. YouTube is free so I can't really see people paying to support Bonnie or anyone else. Kids don't have credit cards and the mommy audience have their own kids to support.

I can't help but agree with what gymchick said though. Regardless of how anyone feels about Bonnie or the other vloggers, I can't help but be happy that YouTube is finally looking out for kids. No kids deserve to grow up with no privacy or with clickbait thumbnails about pooping their pants.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I don't think patreon will work for family vloggers. YouTube is free so I can't really see people paying to support Bonnie or anyone else. Kids don't have credit cards and the mommy audience have their own kids to support.

I can't help but agree with what gymchick said though. Regardless of how anyone feels about Bonnie or the other vloggers, I can't help but be happy that YouTube is finally looking out for kids. No kids deserve to grow up with no privacy or with clickbait thumbnails about pooping their pants.
I can see it working for the real "mommy" vloggers. The ones that pander to adults and not adults. I have a Patreon subscription for a podcaster. I appreciate the content and it's only a few dollars a month.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”