Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by actuallydear »

If I were them I’d make a new channel. They won’t lose views because people that are watching consistently will follow. It’d take a while to get the sub count up, but they wouldn’t be losing out on too much money.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by thenightowl »

actuallydear wrote:If I were them I’d make a new channel. They won’t lose views because people that are watching consistently will follow. It’d take a while to get the sub count up, but they wouldn’t be losing out on too much money.
I was just wondering if they would be able to do that, if I were them then I would probably at least get a back-up channel made just in case they don't get their channel back.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Sarai wrote:I totally understand that if their channel doesn’t get monetized again, they shouldn’t have to post like they do now. But all of the time they spend saying “we do this for memories, not money” kinda goes out the window if they abandon the channel when it can’t make money.
Either way I hope she can get it sorted, but there are still channels suffering from adpocalypse, and I feel like she might end up a casualty of these new rules and the fact Youtube/vlogging is burning out.
Bonnie and Joel have never said that though. They have said many times that it's their job and it's all because of the viewers.

Bonnie has her own flaws to nitpick without taking flack for the sins of her sister.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

People in the real world lose jobs around Christmas. Many have more kids and are left with far less money than those two have.
If her adsense is disabled. She should have had an app through admob. I think funnel vision have 3, so hes at least still got his last paycheck coming to him.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

thenightowl wrote:
actuallydear wrote:If I were them I’d make a new channel. They won’t lose views because people that are watching consistently will follow. It’d take a while to get the sub count up, but they wouldn’t be losing out on too much money.
I was just wondering if they would be able to do that, if I were them then I would probably at least get a back-up channel made just in case they don't get their channel back.
A big part of the money are older videos though. If you look at her channel her latest vlogs have around 100k views each, sometimes more, sometimes less. But her daily average views (socialblade) is 700k, so 7 times more.
Even if they got majority of subscribers to move to a new channel they would be making waaaay less because of not being able to monetize those old videos.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:
thenightowl wrote:
A big part of the money are older videos though. If you look at her channel her latest vlogs have around 100k views each, sometimes more, sometimes less. But her daily average views (socialblade) is 700k, so 7 times more.
Even if they got majority of subscribers to move to a new channel they would be making waaaay less because of not being able to monetize those old videos.
She's already made that money though, so yeah, it would suck to not make anymore money in the future on the older videos, she has the option of starting new and making money on new videos.

Youtube need to get their shit together though. It's embarrassing.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

dw30 wrote:I’m so glad YouTube are finally doing something about this dangerous tread of exploitative parenting. I’m actually shocked they did. It doesn’t matter that it’s not “fair” that Bonnie is hit but Ellie hasn’t yet. I honestly think it’s just a matter of time. This has gone on too far for too long.

If they want to post their lives, that’s great but it can be done without compromising your children. Hopefully this is the wake up that all the Griffiths sisters needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I completely agree. They keep insisting that their channel is "clean," but I stopped watching Bonnie regularly around February 2017 after Bonnie showed footage of her daughter having a meltdown in Claire’s, scared to death to have her ear’s pierced. Showing a child in a distressing situation like that is just wrong, and frankly that’s the kind of content that can attract child predators and is alarming to advertisers. I think we saw something similar when her daughter ripped the skin off of her tongue and Bonnie filmed the aftermath. It doesn’t take much digging to figure out why her channel was demonetized. They all exploit and embarrass their kids for a paycheck. And now they're finally realizing that YouTube can change the rules at any time and this is not a sure thing.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

This has happened to some other big youtubers with children as well if you look at socialblade. I'm not happy for what has happened to the Holleins but I remember a time when viewers didn't mean ill but were concerned about Olivia and Bonnie got offended but people weren't even mean. I hope that they learn from this and also understand why it happened and not just feel as victims.
Children shouldn't be kept at home from school for vlog footage or work monday to sunday as vloggers because their parents quit working. I'm fine with adults who make money on their own without the kids having to be filmed every single day of the week, it's not okay even though the children are cute to watch. If anything, this situation that has affected other similar vloggers as well not just the Holleins, should send out a message to everyone else who suddenly want make it thru their children, especially the ones who are popping up from left to right.
Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

onbreak wrote:People in the real world lose jobs around Christmas. Many have more kids and are left with far less money than those two have.
If her adsense is disabled. She should have had an app through admob. I think funnel vision have 3, so hes at least still got his last paycheck coming to him.

Jared from Ellie & jared, will probably go ahead & take this idea & next week we'll see him telling his viewers to support them on this (because we know he reads hereImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

The problem I have with her video yesterday is how she was crying that she's going to "lose her friends". Just because you might not get paid for YouTube anymore, why do you have to stop if it means THAT much to you? The bottom line, she'd never do YouTube for free. I'm not saying she should post everyday like she does now. I get that it would "be a a lot" for her to do if Joel goes back to work and she's home with the kids. But if she is really being sincere, she can post once a week...once a month??? just to stay in "contact" with her friends. Yes it must suck when you can't earn your income but they were the ones who always said YouTube isn't gonna last forever. That day was going to come, whether its now or in a few years, and they shouldn't be surprised honestly. They aren't 100% innocent in this.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I just noticed that the "I POPPED My Pants" video is now titled, "Not feeling well." I'm sure other videos have been renamed as well in an attempt to backpedal.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

They always said YouTube isn't going to last forever but I don't think they saw their "career" possibly being over so quickly. Do I think they will eventually get their monetization back? Honestly, yes. But I do think that this is a good wakeup call for them, and the whole family honestly. In Joel's words, they gambled and they lost. Bonnie and Joel were definitely not as luxurious as her sister and some other YouTubers, but she definitely had her fair share of fun. Two Hawaii trips, Disney, that cruise she always wanted, and some extra pampering here and there. She was enjoying life and now she's scared that's going to end. I can see this problem resolving but when it comes down to it, they didn't expect this happening any time soon.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Its obvious they all started vlogging once Elllie started making money with this youtube thing... They started filming to make money, of course it sucks when the money train quits chugging.. But they have a chance to go out and do something on their own and get a head start before Ellie.
If she is worried about her "up keep" start a beauty channel.

Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I just noticed that the "I POPPED My Pants" video is now titled, "Not feeling well." I'm sure other videos have been renamed as well in an attempt to backpedal.
I think they also changed the thumbnail on her licked a freezing pole vlog

Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

Family Fun Pack deleted 2 billion views according to SocialBlade. Wow!! These YouTubers are freaking out!! J House deleted 40 million. If you go to the worst 500 YouTube videos on SocialBlade in the last 30 days you can see all the kids channels that are deleting tons of video hoping not to get caught by one of the YouTube bots and demonetized. It is sad because these people obviously know they used specific language and tags to attract views and money.

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

onbreak wrote:Its obvious they all started vlogging once Elllie started making money with this youtube thing... They started filming to make money, of course it sucks when the money train quits chugging.. But they have a chance to go out and do something on their own and get a head start before Ellie.
If she is worried about her "up keep" start a beauty channel.

That's the thing, I find that this could be a way to have a chance to venture out and get a head start. I feel like if they create another channel like what was mentioned above, she's just setting herself up for the same issue. They know YouTube isn't going to last forever, so if this is really the end of the monetization of Bonnie Hoellein, why create another channel when you know down the road it's going to happen again? If monetization is really done for these guys, I think its smart if they find something more stable and attainable rather than taking a chance and live off the YouTube success.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:The problem I have with her video yesterday is how she was crying that she's going to "lose her friends". Just because you might not get paid for YouTube anymore, why do you have to stop if it means THAT much to you? The bottom line, she'd never do YouTube for free. I'm not saying she should post everyday like she does now. I get that it would "be a a lot" for her to do if Joel goes back to work and she's home with the kids. But if she is really being sincere, she can post once a week...once a month??? just to stay in "contact" with her friends. Yes it must suck when you can't earn your income but they were the ones who always said YouTube isn't gonna last forever. That day was going to come, whether its now or in a few years, and they shouldn't be surprised honestly. They aren't 100% innocent in this.
I know I already said this, and so have others, so I will just say it one more time. Those followers, or "friends", as she wants to call them, will still be there. She's got other platforms. Twitter, IG, Snapchat, etc.
I just get annoyed when vloggers call viewers "friends" anyway. We're not their friends.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:The problem I have with her video yesterday is how she was crying that she's going to "lose her friends". Just because you might not get paid for YouTube anymore, why do you have to stop if it means THAT much to you? The bottom line, she'd never do YouTube for free. I'm not saying she should post everyday like she does now. I get that it would "be a a lot" for her to do if Joel goes back to work and she's home with the kids. But if she is really being sincere, she can post once a week...once a month??? just to stay in "contact" with her friends. Yes it must suck when you can't earn your income but they were the ones who always said YouTube isn't gonna last forever. That day was going to come, whether its now or in a few years, and they shouldn't be surprised honestly. They aren't 100% innocent in this.
I know I already said this, and so have others, so I will just say it one more time. Those followers, or "friends", as she wants to call them, will still be there. She's got other platforms. Twitter, IG, Snapchat, etc.
I just get annoyed when vloggers call viewers "friends" anyway. We're not their friends.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Yes, just because the money may disappear, the "friends" won't. If that's what she cares about and not the money like she said, she wouldn't be ending it all.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

If it's true that they've changed some of the controversial titles then I guess they knew what they were doing from the start. I gave them a pass because I trusted them and believed that they were unaware and titled the vlogs that way because they grew up sheltered, a little bit country minded, not knowing how to use the language any better.
But now when reality checks in they wake up and realise what's on stake and have an ability to suddenly adapt and listen to whatever is required to change/maintain their channel. It saddens me that they and other vlogger have been doing this intentionally to their own children and I feel stupid as I believed that no parent would ever do that and got annoyed by some of the criticism they received for their titles. I do though, have to admit that filming Olivia in the bath with the younger boys was a private invasion and unnecessarily, she looked uncomfortable being filmed like that.
I just hope that it all turns out for the best for all youtube children.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Bonnie said in her latest video that they had been going through all the old vids trying to figure out what it might be. It's all she can do at this point without having any information.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”