Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Nuna
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by Nuna »

I'm going to disagree with a lot of people about the memories thing. Bonnie and Joel were the only bloggers I really liked because their vlogs do actually feel more like something a parent would record.... short of that accident stuff of course. Mind you, we always document our kids' injuries after the fact, so I don't really mind hearing about it later. To the person that asked if this is normal for vloggers, it's absolutely part of the job, and Bonnie is by no means the worst for it. It's BAD.

But unlike other vlogs where I feel the kids are just props to be in the room, and we aren't seeing anything a blogger is likely to look back on and want to remember (making cinnamon buns, building Lego, unboxing Hatchimals, etc), Bonnie and Joel really do make a solid effort to capture footage I can see them looking back on. They may not just "do it for the memories" but they absolutely do put an effort into making vlogs that capture them. I have watched from the start though, and feel Bonnie has always been upfront about it being a job and their source of income. I think Bonnie is unfairly taking criticism about having done it for the memories just because her sister is an idiot and says that all the time.

Plus I feel like people need to read a bit about the Apocalypse before the rampant speculation gets even more out of control here now. We don't know why her channel was demonetized, and it's all speculation at this point. People are acting like its a fact it had anything to do with the content, and truth is we just don't know. So many others have been getting hit for months over anything and everything, and it's a big mess because no one knows how to get YouTube to fix it.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Whether or not we know the correct reasoning for the demonetization, Bonnie has some questionable clips, point blank. Not just her either- her whole family included, and basically every family vlogger on YouTube. If it was because of certain exploiting clips of her children or not, there's still footage out there that shouldn't necessarily be on the internet. I think when there's a problem like this, it doesn't really matter what the exact reason is but to look at the situation as a whole and evaluate it. Could it have been ___? Or ____? if something is uncertain, its a sign that it shouldn't have been up in the first place. I'm just shaking my head at that "accident" playlist right now.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

I’m happy this is happening only because they mentioned it’s for memories.. so why come crying when you stop getting paid? And just continue for memories like normal people. Is it YouTube’s fault you quit your job? No. It’s nobody’s fault but your own..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

She laughs when her kids hurt themselves, and pranks them. She's nowhere near on the level of that Daddy of Five guy, but she does film them crying and upset, and laughs at them.
And I know we've all had our moments of laughing at OTT meltdowns. But we don't (most of us anyway) put them on the internet. And I gotta side eye having an entire playlist dedicated to "Accidents"

I agree that she does a good job of capturing her children's personalities. But if all this is truly for the memories, for herself, why upload and monetize it. I know I am repeating myself, but I have lots of videos of my kids. For the memories. My daughter especially loves watching them. But it has never occurred to me to upload them, make them public, and try to make a buck off them. My daughter and I did discuss vlogging at one point because we (for about a nanosecond) thought that seeing a special needs young woman trying to get a job and make her way in the world might be worthwhile, but we decided that the negative far outweighed the positive. The mean comments, the lack of privacy, and all the other drawbacks were just too much! We didn't feel right trying to make money off her struggles. And we never said that we would be posting "for the memories".
Some of these kids have been on YouTube since their first ultrasound. They have no choice. People say that if some of the kids said they didn't want to be filmed, they just have to say so. But I doubt they know it's an option. And Olivia has said that she didn't want things included in the vlog. Bonnie films her saying that, then includes it and the scene Olivia doesn't want filmed in the vlog. I know she loves her kids, but she doesn't seem to respect them. And I know just where that comes from. Good old Grandma Griff.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Sorry to whoever said that Bonnie is best about appropriate filming, but when it comes to filming kids when they're hurt or upset, no one is worse than Bonnie. Sure E&J film more inappropriate nude content and DB coach Ollie to death, and both of those things are bad, but no one is worse about accidents than Bonnie.

First of all, her lack of safety has been beat the death on this board but her kids used to get hurt seemingly constantly and were always on filming crying and needing comfort. I don't think she ever once put the camera down to check on them properly. Even when they're not hurt, just upset like with Olivia's ear piercing she just kept filming. She pranks her kids, she scares them and laughs, and she always uses it as clickbait.

The idea that the kids are okay with the footage going into the vlog is absurd. Those kids aren't old enough to understand what they are really agreeing to, and are taught to please their parents. Bonnie might not be the worst in some aspects but she's definitely the worst in that one. She has an entire playlist for it, that's absurd! Who would ever want to relive those moments? I don't think she has much if any empathy tbh
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Sorry to whoever said that Bonnie is best about appropriate filming, but when it comes to filming kids when they're hurt or upset, no one is worse than Bonnie. Sure E&J film more inappropriate nude content and DB coach Ollie to death, and both of those things are bad, but no one is worse about accidents than Bonnie.

First of all, her lack of safety has been beat the death on this board but her kids used to get hurt seemingly constantly and were always on filming crying and needing comfort. I don't think she ever once put the camera down to check on them properly. Even when they're not hurt, just upset like with Olivia's ear piercing she just kept filming. She pranks her kids, she scares them and laughs, and she always uses it as clickbait.

The idea that the kids are okay with the footage going into the vlog is absurd. Those kids aren't old enough to understand what they are really agreeing to, and are taught to please their parents. Bonnie might not be the worst in some aspects but she's definitely the worst in that one. She has an entire playlist for it, that's absurd! Who would ever want to relive those moments? I don't think she has much if any empathy tbh
I disagree. Ellie and Jared's sons had medical emergencies requiring urgent care and they turned the camera on instead. That's far worse in my opinion because if the medical emergency was legit (which I doubt) they could have died.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

They're all shitty parents when they decide to put their children's best interests after their own. Just because E+J have done those things, it doesn't negate that Bonnie does some pretty shitty things too.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

actuallydear wrote:They're all shitty parents when they decide to put their children's best interests after their own. Just because E+J have done those things, it doesn't negate that Bonnie does some pretty shitty things too.
I agree. Just because somebody else is doing worse doesn't mean what Bonnie does is ok!

My theory (hope?) is that Bonnie is the first of many family channels to lose their monetization. I would imagine it's easier to pull the monetization from a channel that isn't with a network, but hopefully networked channels (like E&J, Daily Bumps) are next.

Bonnie has shown many, many clips of her children that should have NEVER been posted. And clearly she's aware that those clips *could* be the reason because she's on an editing and renaming spree.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

actuallydear wrote:They're all shitty parents when they decide to put their children's best interests after their own. Just because E+J have done those things, it doesn't negate that Bonnie does some pretty shitty things too.
When did I say that? I was responding to the comment that said she's the worst with my opinion that someone else was Image

Unless I am missing something I don't think anyone has excused he exploitation ever. What I have seen is debate about if that is what caused the demonetization since so many other different channels have had the same happen, and E&J still don't seem concerned.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
When did I say that? I was responding to the comment that said she's the worst with my opinion that someone else was Image

Unless I am missing something I don't think anyone has excused he exploitation ever. What I have seen is debate about if that is what caused the demonetization since so many other different channels have had the same happen, and E&J still don't seem concerned.
And I think it's really odd that they are.appearing to be completely unconcerned. They have a lot to lose, and have been some of the worst offenders when it comes to inappropriate content. And they are still posting video of the boys on the toilet. So either they really have their heads in the sand, or they think they're ok for some reason.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

HelloSweetie wrote:
I wasn't directly responding to you, more just an add on of the conversation ;)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

And I think it's really odd that they are.appearing to be completely unconcerned. They have a lot to lose, and have been some of the worst offenders when it comes to inappropriate content. And they are still posting video of the boys on the toilet. So either they really have their heads in the sand, or they think they're ok for some reason.

Plus whatever info Bryan has had to have come from Jared right? So if Bryan feels safe, and like there is more to the story, then it has to be something that sets him apart and that he's being sanctimonious over. Politics or religion are likely candidates then, and I really do wonder if it was the comment Bonnie made about "not wanting to censor herself and wanting to be able to talk about guns if she wanted to." Bryan would never do that, and probably feels that his channel is safe because he's been spitting out kid content for years now. He's pretty much exactly what YT wants now Image
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: When did I say that? I was responding to the comment that said she's the worst with my opinion that someone else was Image

Plus whatever info Bryan has had to have come from Jared right? So if Bryan feels safe, and like there is more to the story, then it has to be something that sets him apart and that he's being sanctimonious over. Politics or religion are likely candidates then, and I really do wonder if it was the comment Bonnie made about "not wanting to censor herself and wanting to be able to talk about guns if she wanted to." Bryan would never do that, and probably feels that his channel is safe because he's been spitting out kid content for years now. He's pretty much exactly what YT wants now Image
Ironic that he doesn't _talk_ about guns, but his son plays with them constantly..

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:And I think it's really odd that they are.appearing to be completely unconcerned. They have a lot to lose, and have been some of the worst offenders when it comes to inappropriate content. And they are still posting video of the boys on the toilet. So either they really have their heads in the sand, or they think they're ok for some reason.

Ironic that he doesn't _talk_ about guns, but his son plays with them constantly..

Right? Image
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:And I think it's really odd that they are.appearing to be completely unconcerned. They have a lot to lose, and have been some of the worst offenders when it comes to inappropriate content. And they are still posting video of the boys on the toilet. So either they really have their heads in the sand, or they think they're ok for some reason.

Right? Image
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

Dear Youtube vlog: I'm gonna upload anyway, we're gonna continue this..

3 days later:

I like the Hoelleins, they're one of the only 2 family vloggers that I constantly watch, but I just can't buy their "it's not about the money" spiel. Eons ago, Bonnie was doing this as a stay at home mom with Joel working most of the time. She didn't get any help and she wasn't getting paid.

At least they realized this might not be their life anymore. #ripextensions
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

bam wrote:Dear Youtube vlog: I'm gonna upload anyway, we're gonna continue this..

3 days later:

I like the Hoelleins, they're one of the only 2 family vloggers that I constantly watch, but I just can't buy their "it's not about the money" spiel. Eons ago, Bonnie was doing this as a stay at home mom with Joel working most of the time. She didn't get any help and she wasn't getting paid.

At least they realized this might not be their life anymore. #ripextensions
Well to be fair they don't usually post on the weekends, but this next week will be interesting to see what/if they continue to post.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

INTERESTING:

I’m on the Ok baby thread (young mom threads are the worst to follow btw, so many immature posts and people always missing the point) ANYWAYS this was one interesting post... this person is part of a creators group and they shared that YouTube is searching this type of content to use against the creator. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 13340b.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... d11d04.jpg[/img]

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

gymchick43 wrote:INTERESTING:

I’m on the Ok baby thread (young mom threads are the worst to follow btw, so many immature posts and people always missing the point) ANYWAYS this was one interesting post... this person is part of a creators group and they shared that YouTube is searching this type of content to use against the creator.

I am lost on scorpions/spiders other bugs.. what would that be a reason to shut down a video?
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

gymchick43 wrote:INTERESTING:

I’m on the Ok baby thread (young mom threads are the worst to follow btw, so many immature posts and people always missing the point) ANYWAYS this was one interesting post... this person is part of a creators group and they shared that YouTube is searching this type of content to use against the creator. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 13340b.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... d11d04.jpg[/img]

I’m not sure about that one but a lot of the ones involving kids make sense. There are even worse channels than family vloggers, where almost every second video is a “doctor visit” and thumbnail shows a giant syringe going into a kids bum... millions of views and parents make up scenes for these kids to attract those views.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”