Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by lmmomSD »

gymchick43 wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:INTERESTING:

I’m on the Ok baby thread (young mom threads are the worst to follow btw, so many immature posts and people always missing the point) ANYWAYS this was one interesting post... this person is part of a creators group and they shared that YouTube is searching this type of content to use against the creator. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 13340b.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... d11d04.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not sure about that one but a lot of the ones involving kids make sense. There are even worse channels than family vloggers, where almost every second video is a “doctor visit” and thumbnail shows a giant syringe going into a kids bum... millions of views and parents make up scenes for these kids to attract those views.

Oh-- I had a friend that used to find videos of people draining pus from infections just to gross out a co-worker. Those videos get LOTS of views. And I can see why an advertiser for anything besides an antibiotic would not want to be associated with them!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
nc_mom
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by nc_mom »

There is so much speculation about why the Hoellein's were demonitized. Frankly, I was surprised they were not flagged way back when they did the vlog on Olivia getting hysterical regarding the ear piercing. So many posters were not bothered by what they saw and were defending Bonnie's decision to keep trying to push her to go ahead with it since they had purchased the earrings. The cheap earrings from Claire's would not have even entered my mind if my child were so frightened and traumatized. Who in their right mind would have filmed their child in such a stressful situation for a vlog? I'm not sure whether their channel has been pulled or not but when I think back to that vlog and Olivia's hysterics I, for one, am not upset that they may be finished using their children to generate income at the expense of their privacy.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

lmmomSD wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:INTERESTING:

I’m on the Ok baby thread (young mom threads are the worst to follow btw, so many immature posts and people always missing the point) ANYWAYS this was one interesting post... this person is part of a creators group and they shared that YouTube is searching this type of content to use against the creator. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 13340b.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... d11d04.jpg[/img]

I’m not sure about that one but a lot of the ones involving kids make sense. There are even worse channels than family vloggers, where almost every second video is a “doctor visit” and thumbnail shows a giant syringe going into a kids bum... millions of views and parents make up scenes for these kids to attract those views.

Oh-- I had a friend that used to find videos of people draining pus from infections just to gross out a co-worker. Those videos get LOTS of views. And I can see why an advertiser for anything besides an antibiotic would not want to be associated with them!

It’s also funny people on other boards and youtubers keep saying “YouTube is going down hill” because they can’t post these types of videos or swear excessively...which is annoying because as far as I can tell people are still able to post their content (obviously if against it regulations it will be actually removed) but they just aren’t being paid for it! YouTube isn’t going down hill, it’s just that advertisers don’t want to slap their commercial on anything willy nilly. That’s life! If you want to get paid at a regular job you have to be professional and presentable to clients and your colleagues. So if these vloggers want to keep their pay check , then yes they will have to sensor their life and not exploit their children’s memories, vulnerable moments, pain and so on... but people shouldn’t blame YouTube for creators having to stop uploading or change their content...they can still cont to upload their content all they want...deleting old videos and “censoring” new content is their own choice based off their own greed and laziness for the easy YT money (which is sad when it comes to family vloggers because it should be their own parental instincts that tell them what to leave out of the vlogs/delete- not the threat of no money)

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

^^^^ it isn't as simple as that though. If they want to protect the children that are being exposed to the videos by "bad actors" then removing them is the answer, not demonetizing. It's true that YT is making efforts to protect children, but this needs to include protecting the viewers from being exposed to them period.... not just a concern for what will please advertisers. I don't know about anyone else, but I dont want my child watching family vloggers talk about TTC or pregnancy either. Something that is apparently considered "child friendly" according to that list and Bryan and Jared's confidence that their channels are safe.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

^^^^ it isn't as simple as that though. If they want to protect the children that are being exposed to the videos by "bad actors" then removing them is the answer, not demonetizing. It's true that YT is making efforts to protect children, but this needs to include protecting the viewers from being exposed to them period.... not just a concern for what will please advertisers. I don't know about anyone else, but I dont want my child watching family vloggers talk about TTC or pregnancy either. Something that is apparently considered "child friendly" according to that list and Bryan and Jared's confidence that their channels are safe.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

HelloSweetie wrote:^^^^ it isn't as simple as that though. If they want to protect the children that are being exposed to the videos by "bad actors" then removing them is the answer, not demonetizing. It's true that YT is making efforts to protect children, but this needs to include protecting the viewers from being exposed to them period.... not just a concern for what will please advertisers. I don't know about anyone else, but I dont want my child watching family vloggers talk about TTC or pregnancy either. Something that is apparently considered "child friendly" according to that list and Bryan and Jared's confidence that their channels are safe.
Yes I think anything with a kid partially nude or emotionally distressed or vulnerable should be removed too. I also talking about the non-family vlogger youtubers who are complaining about YT doing down hill. Like not being able to swear in story times anymore (they still can, just won’t get an advertiser) and the fact that OK baby deleted their birth videos...like they can still have their birth vlogs on YouTube, and people stating that YT is down hill if people can’t upload a birth vlog....but I’m pretty sure they took it off because it might affect the monetization of their channel.

Just funny how people are acting like YouTube it broken and they want YouTube “back”. YouTube is still there, the money just might not be.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And all this talk about "protecting the children" is really BS when it all boils down. It's about money on both sides. Advertisers don't want to pay for ads on videos that they don't like. So YouTube is cracking down on those "non advertiser friendly" videos and channels. And the videographers are responding to that by changing the way they vlog. But none of it is _really_ about protecting anyone, or anything except revenue.
Wow, I'm cynical. But it does really upset me that _all_ of these entities knew that pedophiles were watching and posting screenshots. And that there was inappropriate content out there. And hardly anyone did anything substantial until their earnings were threatened. Parents continued to upload vlogs of their children in various stages of undress, and upset, and hurt. And as long as the checks kept coming, they pretended everything was fine. And YouTube allowed it until the advertisers kicked up a fuss. And the advertisers aren't blameless either. They paid for ads, without looking at content. And only when people were objecting did they take action.
If any of the vloggers starts bringing up freedom of speech, I will burst a blood vessel. Freedom of speech protects you from the government. Not businesses saying they don't want to pay you.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

lmmomSD wrote:She laughs when her kids hurt themselves, and pranks them. She's nowhere near on the level of that Daddy of Five guy, but she does film them crying and upset, and laughs at them.
And I know we've all had our moments of laughing at OTT meltdowns. But we don't (most of us anyway) put them on the internet. And I gotta side eye having an entire playlist dedicated to "Accidents"

I agree that she does a good job of capturing her children's personalities. But if all this is truly for the memories, for herself, why upload and monetize it. I know I am repeating myself, but I have lots of videos of my kids. For the memories. My daughter especially loves watching them. But it has never occurred to me to upload them, make them public, and try to make a buck off them. My daughter and I did discuss vlogging at one point because we (for about a nanosecond) thought that seeing a special needs young woman trying to get a job and make her way in the world might be worthwhile, but we decided that the negative far outweighed the positive. The mean comments, the lack of privacy, and all the other drawbacks were just too much! We didn't feel right trying to make money off her struggles. And we never said that we would be posting "for the memories".
Some of these kids have been on YouTube since their first ultrasound. They have no choice. People say that if some of the kids said they didn't want to be filmed, they just have to say so. But I doubt they know it's an option. And Olivia has said that she didn't want things included in the vlog. Bonnie films her saying that, then includes it and the scene Olivia doesn't want filmed in the vlog. I know she loves her kids, but she doesn't seem to respect them. And I know just where that comes from. Good old Grandma Griff.
I agree with you about the loving the kids vs respecting the kids, and the two should not be mutually exclusive. It's that good ol' fashioned Griffiths parenting where loving your kids is the requisite and clear boundary autonomy is, at best, given a cursory nod and at worst, doesn't feature on the radar at all.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

(Also think Bonnie made her birth vlog private)

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wonder if they've contacted Jeremy from J House vlogs about it, he gave up his lawyer job to set up on his own as a lawyer within the YouTube community.
dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

I don’t know if this has been mentioned here yet... but during the Daddy of 5 controversy the Eh Bee Family posted a video that really articulated what I believe “Family vloggers” particularly “Christian/Mormon” family vloggers should be emulating.

I really liked how they mentioned that it was healthy for a creators audience to expect & respect a level of accountability when it comes to protecting children’s rights. I must say I have never seen any of the more popular family vloggers express this same sentiment. If you don’t suck up to them 100% than you’re automatically labeled a hater. When from what I gather on these forums most of us are genuinely concerned about the well being of children.

So many times people have commented about safety issues on Bonnie’s vlogs and we’ll usually get a sarcastic comment a week later. I also think she can’t claim her channel is clean, if they can think to change thumbnails and titles to appear actually “clean” than nope just money hungry not clean.

https://youtu.be/1OxFh6NM5KI

Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Who is excited to see whether Bonnie actually loves us or the money today!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

Well, 12 minutes past her usual upload time.... so far she loves money for than 'her friends'.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kaylor1 wrote:Who is excited to see whether Bonnie actually loves us or the money today!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Over quarter of an hour late and still no vlog so it's looking like the latter. Dun dun dunnn . . She must be pissed what with that self admitted temper of hers. Oh to be a fly on the Hoellein walls atm :?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

dw30 wrote:I don’t know if this has been mentioned here yet... but during the Daddy of 5 controversy the Eh Bee Family posted a video that really articulated what I believe “Family vloggers” particularly “Christian/Mormon” family vloggers should be emulating.

I really liked how they mentioned that it was healthy for a creators audience to expect & respect a level of accountability when it comes to protecting children’s rights. I must say I have never seen any of the more popular family vloggers express this same sentiment. If you don’t suck up to them 100% than you’re automatically labeled a hater. When from what I gather on these forums most of us are genuinely concerned about the well being of children.

So many times people have commented about safety issues on Bonnie’s vlogs and we’ll usually get a sarcastic comment a week later. I also think she can’t claim her channel is clean, if they can think to change thumbnails and titles to appear actually “clean” than nope just money hungry not clean.

I don't know the Eh Bee family, but isn't making a living at all from filming your kids and making their lives public a violation of their rights? I get what you are trying to say, but I just don't think it's possible to be 100% respectful while filming your children and posting it.
dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
dw30 wrote:I don’t know if this has been mentioned here yet... but during the Daddy of 5 controversy the Eh Bee Family posted a video that really articulated what I believe “Family vloggers” particularly “Christian/Mormon” family vloggers should be emulating.

I don't know the Eh Bee family, but isn't making a living at all from filming your kids and making their lives public a violation of their rights? I get what you are trying to say, but I just don't think it's possible to be 100% respectful while filming your children and posting it.
The Eh Bee’s aren’t necessarily family vloggers but are a family channel. They pay their children for their time in the videos and the kids also are given the choice to whether they want to be filmed or not. Also, with there fame they actually started a charity and actively give back to their community. It’s nice to see people who aren’t just money hungry and give back in a “non self beneficial way” (e&j).

So yes, I think there is definitely a way to maintain that lifestyle and be respectful of your kids rights.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

^^^ oh nevermind, I do know who they are. I find their Vines and videos to be obnoxious. They are in good with the YT CEO (filmed a collab with her), so I am sure their channel is safe, but that doesn't mean it's what I would call "family friendly." Their vlogs are junk food for the brain that I just don't want my kids watching. Then again, I don't let my kids watch any family vloggers.

There are a few comments on Bonnie's latest video from people saying that the gun shooting they did on Thanksgiving was most likely the problem. Does anyone know if Ruby vlogged that as well, and of so, has she pulled or edited that vlog at all?
priestess
Talker
Talker

Unread post by priestess »

i'm watching the Bad Day vlog where bonnie is talking about how she didn't like olivia's teacher because the teacher didn't like that they went to hawaii.
i'm just like... girl... you took your kid out of school for over a month in april to take her on vacation. you could have gone during the summer or when there was no school. her teacher cared enough about her education to take issue with it.
i feel like youtubers need to just begin homeschooling their children. they keep taking their kids out of school in order to film themselves on vacation. and i get it, the kids help with views and income by just being there. but to put them in public education and then feel offended when teachers complain that the child is rarely there is an entirely different story.

sam & nia do this a lot and are always surprised when symphony says she failed a quiz. like???
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Yeah I'm going to say that anyone making money off of regular videos of their kids is guilty of exploiting them. A child whose parents make a living on YouTube cannot give consent to appearing in videos because they do not truly understand the consequences of being online and may be agreeing only to please their parents. If the parents have ever given their children any rewards for appearing in vlogs (aka paying them for their time) then they're being manipulated and taken advantage of. If the kids have any understanding that this is how their parents make money to support them and buy them nice things, I doubt they'd ever say no.

It's similar to how a student cannot give legal consent to a teacher because even if it was "consensual" there's a power and intimidation factor that has to be taken into account. Children cannot consent to things they do not understand, especially if it means disobeying their parents. In most of these vloggers religions they teach disobedience or questioning parents as a sin.

They all say they wouldn't film if their kids didn't want them to but it's a load of bullshit
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I watched that Eh Bee video when it came out and (regardless of my personal opinion on the topic) it's the best attempt I've seen of any YouTube parents at addressing it (irony of this is not lost either though). Pretty sure they filmed it as their response to the Daddy O Five situation (same time that all went down) even though they didn't say outright.

Will be interesting to see if any regulation is put in place either on YouTube or legislation wise going forward/down the line and am intrigued to know Bonnie's mood and mindset atm ref not uploading today.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”