Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

BadWolf
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by BadWolf »

I really do hope they continue posting. The Hoelleins are the only family I watch religiously, and I enjoy watching the different personalities in the kids. I do hope they learn from this though, and that we see Joel start branching out and finding something he wants to do with his future. As a stay at home mom Bonnie has nothing to lose by continuing on with YT, but its just too risky for Joel to be a YTer too. Whatever he finds to do though, I just really hope Jared doesn't jump on board as well :P
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

I'm now glad that Bonnie was the one that got hit and who received a stern talking to from Youtube. I think she and Joel are far more likely to listen than any of the other Griffiths, and now the can explain it to others. Judging by Bonnie's body language, I think she feels relieved and like they at least have a shot at getting monetization back, but Joel has that same look he had when he realized they were going to have another mouth to feed. I think he's shook, and theres no way he isn't thinking of a plan B whether it be a rental property, investments, or starting a business of his own.

Is his dad retired? I would love to see him start a business that somehow involved his parents.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

What was her random comment about Philip DeFranco about?? I think she's dumb and confusing Phil with that dad who hit his kids - who Phil called out on his channel. Bonnie deserves to be off YT. She's REALLY, REALLY STUPID!

She didn't realize she was exploiting her kids?? FFS!
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

ewokfan11 wrote:What was her random comment about Philip DeFranco about?? I think she's dumb and confusing Phil with that dad who hit his kids - who Phil called out on his channel. Bonnie deserves to be off YT. She's REALLY, REALLY STUPID!

Oh she knew. Her comment about we thought it was what we were supposed to do to get views ($) rubbed me the wrong way.
So you thought it was worth embarrassing (at the least) your children to make money!?! Wth.
Honestly, I hope she doesn't get monetized. And I hope YouTube cracks down on all the other family vloggers.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ewokfan11 wrote:What was her random comment about Philip DeFranco about?? I think she's dumb and confusing Phil with that dad who hit his kids - who Phil called out on his channel. Bonnie deserves to be off YT. She's REALLY, REALLY STUPID!

Phil Defranco has been speaking out against the Adpocalypse for months now. His channel isn't considered advertiser friendly because he delves into adult issues, and people think this is taking censorship too far.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Sooooo much ass kissing in the comments. I like Bonnie, I enjoy watching her, but I'm not going to ignore the fact that she definitely has had some titles/thumbnails/content of her children that should not have been shared.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

OMG. She was talking about the review not being for adult channels like Philip Defrancos. They are a family channel, unlike PD who has a very adult targeted audience.

Maybe you should make sure you comprehend what you're criticizing someone for before you call them stupid :?
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

BadWolf wrote:

OMG. She was talking about the review not being for adult channels like Philip Defrancos. They are a family channel, unlike PD who has a very adult targeted audience.

Maybe you should make sure you comprehend what you're criticizing someone for before you call them stupid :?
OK, but randomly mentioning Phil was ODD! Phil has a NEWS channel - and he's been on YT for 10+ years. Bonnie is a Mormon mommy vlogger. Not even remotely the same thing.

I also stand by my statement that she's stupid. She is.
Kay91_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kay91_ »

I think Bonnie is a lot more mature in the way she handles things compared to her sisters (which isn't saying much) but I agree with what most people are saying on here. No one is a perfect parent but the fact that Bonnie and Joel thought there was nothing wrong with uploading footage of their kids in distress or embarrassing situations and called people haters after people warned them and shared their opinions on it being too much. AFTER saying the kids were being bullied or made fun of at school for stuff on YouTube. She's just like her sisters to me and this further proves it. She can't take criticism even if people are just looking out for her kids. YouTube had to be the ones to take action to protect her kids and she still (initially) got offended when they told her that it wasn't a mistake and why. This just tells me the type of people they really are and it's still all about the $$ and keeping her "friends" aka being in the "it" group. Remember how giddy but also nervous she was being around daily bumps and the other popular youtubers. *eye roll*

This is my opinion on it.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kay91_ wrote:I think Bonnie is a lot more mature in the way she handles things compared to her sisters (which isn't saying much) but I agree with what most people are saying on here. No one is a perfect parent but the fact that Bonnie and Joel thought there was nothing wrong with uploading footage of their kids in distress or embarrassing situations and called people haters after people warned them and shared their opinions on it being too much. AFTER saying the kids were being bullied or made fun of at school for stuff on YouTube. She's just like her sisters to me and this further proves it. She can't take criticism even if people are just looking out for her kids. YouTube had to be the ones to take action to protect her kids and she still (initially) got offended when they told her that it wasn't a mistake and why. This just tells me the type of people they really are and it's still all about the $$ and keeping her "friends" aka being in the "it" group. Remember how giddy but also nervous she was being around daily bumps and the other popular youtubers. *eye roll*

I agree 100%. I think Bonnie puts on a better front then her siblings, and I think a lot of that is due to Joel. But at the end of the day she was raised the same as her siblings and has made little effort to change.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

I have to admit, they were far more open and honest about that reprimanding than I expected them to be. They could have easily just posted the footage they had, and gone forward with changes leaving the audience to assume what had happened, but acting like it had been a mistake all along. I'm glad they acknowledged their mistake and owned it, and acknowledged that going forward they would be making changes to how they do things, and that it would be better for their children as well. While I don't agree with the way they would embarrass and exploit the kids injuries, I can see how they did think it was "clean" content. I mean, Bonnie said they heard these changes were coming, and continued to claim to YT that their channel was clean. I don't think they left those videos up to get a few more views and just expected YT to not notice them. I really do think B&J thought those videos were not the problem. (Not saying they weren't A PROBLEM). Now they know and have been somewhat held accountable and can't live in denial like it appears others continue to.

I also really liked that she thanked the viewers for remaining respectful throughout the whole thing. Too many times I've seen YTers take to Twitter and rile up the minions in order to get what they want. Or I've seen thoughtless, disgusting and immature comments be rewarded by kissy faces and encouragement from YTers (Ellie and Jared!). Then again, most of Bonnie's viewers are adults, so I suppose they are far more likely to remain respectful without being asked in the first place.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Kay91_ wrote:I think Bonnie is a lot more mature in the way she handles things compared to her sisters (which isn't saying much) but I agree with what most people are saying on here. No one is a perfect parent but the fact that Bonnie and Joel thought there was nothing wrong with uploading footage of their kids in distress or embarrassing situations and called people haters after people warned them and shared their opinions on it being too much. AFTER saying the kids were being bullied or made fun of at school for stuff on YouTube. She's just like her sisters to me and this further proves it. She can't take criticism even if people are just looking out for her kids. YouTube had to be the ones to take action to protect her kids and she still (initially) got offended when they told her that it wasn't a mistake and why. This just tells me the type of people they really are and it's still all about the $$ and keeping her "friends" aka being in the "it" group. Remember how giddy but also nervous she was being around daily bumps and the other popular youtubers. *eye roll*

I agree 100%. I think Bonnie puts on a better front then her siblings, and I think a lot of that is due to Joel. But at the end of the day she was raised the same as her siblings and has made little effort to change.
I disagree. I also don't think there was anything she could have said in that video that would have been enough for some people. I think she has admitted fault, and has made efforts to change. She's not perfect, but admitting that something needs to be changed and you're going to try is always better than detail, and that's all we've seen from her siblings. Like her or not, I believe in giving credit where it's due. Always saying she's "just like her sisters" seems like such an excuse to throw shade to me. My sister is alcoholic just like my mother, but that doesn't make me one. We've seen many ways where Bonnie has learned to be different from her family. I don't think she's going to continue to post exploitative footage of her children from now on, just because her sister does.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

^^^^ I agree. She isn't just like her sisters, because they aren't all the same. Even Ruby is more financially responsible than Ellie. They are all different. I do think Bonnie holds onto some of the values she was raised with, but I do think she's also changed to be a lot more like Joel. Holding onto sentimental items is one example of this, as is helping others.

I liked that she was clear with what they told her. For too long YTers were living in a grey area where they thought things were maybe unethical, but not against the rules. Now they know that they are big watched and held accountable. The explanation actually surprised me because it sounds like a lot of the vloggers being praised for being "better" are actually in trouble. DB and so many others may be better about avoiding bathtime footage, but have definitely exploited or exaggerated their children's injuries and illnesses. As long as their isn't any network protection, this is going to be very interesting over the next while.
GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

I was searching to see if they deleted one of her first videos with Olivia in it wearing only her underwear. It was taken down but this showed up. Someone made a channel of her videos.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 3aab0f.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

Oh she knew. Her comment about we thought it was what we were supposed to do to get views ($) rubbed me the wrong way.
So you thought it was worth embarrassing (at the least) your children to make money!?! Wth.
Honestly, I hope she doesn't get monetized. And I hope YouTube cracks down on all the other family vloggers.
Spot on FakingIt_MakingIt ref Bonnie saying ''We thought it was what we were supposed to do to get views.'' Feigning innocent naivete doth not a mature adult make. Bonnie is a smart woman (granted not book smart) so she is fully aware that she was shirking moral parental responsibility in exchange for $$$.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

GuavaMama wrote:I was searching to see if they deleted one of her first videos with Olivia in it wearing only her underwear. It was taken down but this showed up. Someone made a channel of her videos.

There are so many like that. I'm pretty sure a similar one was exposed a while back when E&J were getting heat for intentional baiting pedophiles to their website. Might have even been the same name? Its honestly creepy and should be reported.

By the way, views are finally being deleted on Bonnie's vids according to SB. It wasn't like that this morning, so this must mean they have been working hard to clean things up. Probably a good indication that they will get monetization back.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

Kay91_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kay91_ »

Nuna wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

I disagree. I also don't think there was anything she could have said in that video that would have been enough for some people. I think she has admitted fault, and has made efforts to change. She's not perfect, but admitting that something needs to be changed and you're going to try is always better than detail, and that's all we've seen from her siblings. Like her or not, I believe in giving credit where it's due. Always saying she's "just like her sisters" seems like such an excuse to throw shade to me. My sister is alcoholic just like my mother, but that doesn't make me one. We've seen many ways where Bonnie has learned to be different from her family. I don't think she's going to continue to post exploitative footage of her children from now on, just because her sister does.

I should have said she's just like her sisters in SOME ways.

You can give her credit for what ever it is you believe she deserves credit for. You can also have your own opinions on Bonnie and I will continue to have mine. And that's fine :)

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Scar2016 wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

Spot on FakingIt_MakingIt ref Bonnie saying ''We thought it was what we were supposed to do to get views.'' Feigning innocent naivete doth not a mature adult make. Bonnie is a smart woman (granted not book smart) so she is fully aware that she was shirking moral parental responsibility in exchange for $$$.

Yup. And that's why she will forever be the same in my eyes as her sisters.
She isn't making changes because she realizes what she was sharing was wrong, she's making changes because they took away her money.
She's been told since day 1 that some of her content was inappropriate but instead of learning and changing she argued that they're her kids and she will share whatever she wants. It's only now that she can't make money she's willing to change.
TaraLas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by TaraLas »

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”