Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I have zero doubt that if YouTube were to say she could go ahead exploiting her children for money, or if she found another platform comparable to YouTube that she would go back to posting the same type of things.
Bonnie doesn't think what she was doing is wrong, she isn't sorry for what she shared, she's sorry they took away her money.

ETA: if she were actually sorry for exploiting her kids the biggest wake up call should have been the kids upset because they're being teased at school over what their mom is posting! NOT losing her money.
Last edited by FakingIt_MakingIt on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by GuavaMama »

Nuna wrote:
GuavaMama wrote:I was searching to see if they deleted one of her first videos with Olivia in it wearing only her underwear. It was taken down but this showed up. Someone made a channel of her videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are so many like that. I'm pretty sure a similar one was exposed a while back when E&J were getting heat for intentional baiting pedophiles to their website. Might have even been the same name? Its honestly creepy and should be reported.

By the way, views are finally being deleted on Bonnie's vids according to SB. It wasn't like that this morning, so this must mean they have been working hard to clean things up. Probably a good indication that they will get monetization back.
It is creepy. I haven’t checked SocialBlade today.

I think they deleted a lot over the weekend after talking to YouTube and realizing the channel was not “Clean”

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Kay91_ wrote:I think Bonnie is a lot more mature in the way she handles things compared to her sisters (which isn't saying much) but I agree with what most people are saying on here. No one is a perfect parent but the fact that Bonnie and Joel thought there was nothing wrong with uploading footage of their kids in distress or embarrassing situations and called people haters after people warned them and shared their opinions on it being too much. AFTER saying the kids were being bullied or made fun of at school for stuff on YouTube. She's just like her sisters to me and this further proves it. She can't take criticism even if people are just looking out for her kids. YouTube had to be the ones to take action to protect her kids and she still (initially) got offended when they told her that it wasn't a mistake and why. This just tells me the type of people they really are and it's still all about the $$ and keeping her "friends" aka being in the "it" group. Remember how giddy but also nervous she was being around daily bumps and the other popular youtubers. *eye roll*

This is my opinion on it.
I completely agree.

I did find it rather surprising that Bonnie admitted the truth and let viewers know the de-monetization was not a YouTube mistake. She admitted what several of us here have been saying, that her channel was exploitative and showed her children in states of distress, embarrassment, hurt etc. Of course, the advertisers had to complain to YouTube and YouTube had to take action before she was willing to admit that she was exploiting her children. It's sad that it took someone taking away her paycheck before she decided to stop, listen and make a change to benefit her children and how they are used for clicks on her channel. It really does speak volumes about who they are as people and as parents.
Kay91_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kay91_ »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I have zero doubt that if YouTube were to say she could go ahead exploiting her children for money, or if she found another platform comparable to YouTube that she would go back to posting the same type of things.
Bonnie doesn't think what she was doing is wrong, she isn't sorry for what she shared, she's sorry they took away her money.

ETA: if she were actually sorry for exploiting her kids the biggest wake up call should have been the kids upset because they're being teased at school over what their mom is posting! NOT losing her money.
THIS! Thank you!

IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Yup. And that's why she will forever be the same in my eyes as her sisters.
She isn't making changes because she realizes what she was sharing was wrong, she's making changes because they took away her money.
She's been told since day 1 that some of her content was inappropriate but instead of learning and changing she argued that they're her kids and she will share whatever she wants. It's only now that she can't make money she's willing to change.
Your argument really makes no sense though. If she begged YT to look at her channel because it was clean, then it makes no sense for her to know it wasn't. I really do think she was in denial and felt that since everyone else was doing it, it was no big deal. YT slapped her hand and made it clear that she was in the wrong. She even admitted that her gut reaction was to be defensive but that she then saw his point. She is learning and changing, and that's reflective in her admitting fault in today's video.

We have a ton of YTers continuing to do things wrong, and now at least have one that came out and admitted fault and said they need to do better. Obviously there was nothing Bonnie could have said short of "I'm quitting Youtube" that would have been enough for some people. There are so many other YTers that haven't even admitted fault yet, that aren't even getting talked about on their threads. I'm not going to beat up the one that has actually said they were going to try to do better and make things better for their children.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

GuavaMama wrote:
Nuna wrote:
GuavaMama wrote:I was searching to see if they deleted one of her first videos with Olivia in it wearing only her underwear. It was taken down but this showed up. Someone made a channel of her videos.

There are so many like that. I'm pretty sure a similar one was exposed a while back when E&J were getting heat for intentional baiting pedophiles to their website. Might have even been the same name? Its honestly creepy and should be reported.

By the way, views are finally being deleted on Bonnie's vids according to SB. It wasn't like that this morning, so this must mean they have been working hard to clean things up. Probably a good indication that they will get monetization back.
It is creepy. I haven’t checked SocialBlade today.

I think they deleted a lot over the weekend after talking to YouTube and realizing the channel was not “Clean”

I don't know how long it takes SB to reflect the changes that happen, but I checked the channel just this morning and there were no views missing yet.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

IceCreamCone wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
She isn't making changes because she realizes what she was sharing was wrong, she's making changes because they took away her money.
She's been told since day 1 that some of her content was inappropriate but instead of learning and changing she argued that they're her kids and she will share whatever she wants. It's only now that she can't make money she's willing to change.
Your argument really makes no sense though. If she begged YT to look at her channel because it was clean, then it makes no sense for her to know it wasn't. I really do think she was in denial and felt that since everyone else was doing it, it was no big deal. YT slapped her hand and made it clear that she was in the wrong. She even admitted that her gut reaction was to be defensive but that she then saw his point. She is learning and changing, and that's reflective in her admitting fault in today's video.

We have a ton of YTers continuing to do things wrong, and now at least have one that came out and admitted fault and said they need to do better. Obviously there was nothing Bonnie could have said short of "I'm quitting Youtube" that would have been enough for some people. There are so many other YTers that haven't even admitted fault yet, that aren't even getting talked about on their threads. I'm not going to beat up the one that has actually said they were going to try to do better and make things better for their children.
It comes down to her intention. And based off of everything Ive seen from Bonnie of the years I don't think her intentions were begging because her channel is clean, but begging because she wanted to continue making the youtube money.
She knew on Saturday what the issue was, yet continued to allow her "friends" to spam youtube saying her channel is clean, when she completely knew it wasn't.
She knew what she was sharing wasn't ok when it was brought to her attention, multiple times, that pedophiles watch the content she put out there, when the kids were bullied, when people who actually LIKE Bonnie said she was crossing the line. She knew.
And she didn't really admit fault, she put the blame on youtube, she said she was posting what she thought they wanted so she could max out her views ($$).
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Bonnie looks different but she's an absent minded Griffith just like the lot of them.

I watched a few of her 1M+ viewed vlogs. In her, getting rid of warts vlog, for the life of her she cant say toothpick.. Ugh I stop watching once she got to the duct tape.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

IceCreamCone wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

Why would a vlogger ever admit fault if all that does is make us go at them harder? I praised Bryan when he at least made an effort to do better to change thumbnails. It took his children showing up on a pedo website for him to face facts, and it took a lecture for Bonnie to. It should be common sense, but when everyone else is doing it I can see how it becomes more normalized (like not having your kid in a booster because none of their peers are). If she makes visible efforts to change, then that's better than the nothing we are getting from most vloggers at the moment. I really do believe they had no idea just how black and white the new rules were going to be. I don't even think we did here! I can't imagine how any vlogger is going to continue to traditionally "vlog" under the new criteria. I foresee a lot more challenge and unboxing vids in the future.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Of course that was the reason for this. I kind of side eye her for the comment she made, "Youtube nor I wants to see kids, at all, feeling embarrassed, getting hurt.." Come on Bonnie. That's exactly what you do from time to time. Is is intentional? No, but you still film and upload it. You used this material to make money off of, so I feel like its insensitive to say that.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
It comes down to her intention. And based off of everything Ive seen from Bonnie of the years I don't think her intentions were begging because her channel is clean, but begging because she wanted to continue making the youtube money.
She knew on Saturday what the issue was, yet continued to allow her "friends" to spam youtube saying her channel is clean, when she completely knew it wasn't.
She knew what she was sharing wasn't ok when it was brought to her attention, multiple times, that pedophiles watch the content she put out there, when the kids were bullied, when people who actually LIKE Bonnie said she was crossing the line. She knew.
And she didn't really admit fault, she put the blame on youtube, she said she was posting what she thought they wanted so she could max out her views ($$).

She absolutely took responsibility and didn't put it on YT. "Clean" didn't just mean the pedo stuff and she didn't know that. That's what she said. She thought her channel was clean and didn't realize how far the new criteria went. I don't know that anyone did really judging by all the smaller channels that have also been hit. Clickbait of any kind with children appears to be a black area now. There are going to be a lot of video deletions/edits across the board with that one.

But I get it. You've said your peace many times, and now I've said mine. I just don't get why people seem more pissed off after what she said, when all weekend long this was pretty much the admission everyone was hoping for.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:Of course that was the reason for this. I kind of side eye her for the comment she made, "Youtube nor I wants to see kids, at all, feeling embarrassed, getting hurt.." Come on Bonnie. That's exactly what you do from time to time. Is is intentional? No, but you still film and upload it. You used this material to make money off of, so I feel like its insensitive to say that.
Yeah I agree. It's ignorant.
907ninja
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 907ninja »

What other family channels got hit with this latest sweep by YT?

lalila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lalila »

GuavaMama wrote:I was searching to see if they deleted one of her first videos with Olivia in it wearing only her underwear. It was taken down but this

oh my.... we live in a pervert world! Will try to find it to report it, yurk!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

907ninja wrote:What other family channels got hit with this latest sweep by YT?

A bunch of small ones did, but none of the major network ones appear to have, other than Funnel Vision. FV was so far over the line though, that the newer rules may have not even had anything to do with it. I bet it was in the works for some time. In fact, they may have been one of the triggers?
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Toy freaks was deleted
Ryans toy review
Okbaby
Toys andme

lalila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lalila »

HashtagBlessed wrote: I completely agree.

I did find it rather surprising that Bonnie admitted the truth and let viewers know the de-monetization was not a YouTube mistake. She admitted what several of us here have been saying, that her channel was exploitative and showed her children in states of distress, embarrassment, hurt etc. Of course, the advertisers had to complain to YouTube and YouTube had to take action before she was willing to admit that she was exploiting her children. It's sad that it took someone taking away her paycheck before she decided to stop, listen and make a change to benefit her children and how they are used for clicks on her channel. It really does speak volumes about who they are as people and as parents.
Exactly, a bit sad that she needed to go down to zero money to realise that actually, when some viewers were telling her not to post her kids in uncomfortable situation, it had nothing to do with not liking them!

They just want everybody to tell them they are the best and if you say any different you're a hater.

In a real job, you have to be open to feedback if you want to progress.

Good on her to actually be open and honest about what happened this weekend, even on the views comment.
907ninja
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 907ninja »

HelloSweetie wrote:
907ninja wrote:What other family channels got hit with this latest sweep by YT?

A bunch of small ones did, but none of the major network ones appear to have, other than Funnel Vision. FV was so far over the line though, that the newer rules may have not even had anything to do with it. I bet it was in the works for some time. In fact, they may have been one of the triggers?
I've heard about FV, but I haven't seen or read about any other channels besides that one and Bonnie's.
Is there a list out there? Stupid question I know Image

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

onbreak wrote:Toy freaks was deleted
Ryans toy review
Okbaby
Toys andme

Ryan's Family Review and Toy Review are both still monetized. Looks like they may have deleted some vids though.

That family makes bank off that kid! His channel is the reason I stopped letting my toddler watch YT Kids!
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

HelloSweetie wrote:
onbreak wrote:Toy freaks was deleted
Ryans toy review
Okbaby
Toys andme

Ryan's Family Review and Toy Review are both still monetized. Looks like they may have deleted some vids though.

That family makes bank off that kid! His channel is the reason I stopped letting my toddler watch YT Kids!
Ugh. I can't stand Ryan.

And OKbaby still has ads, I watched one this morning. I think what people might be seeing on Social Blade are the view deletions, but that could be coming from the creators themselves. Bonnie's channel looked completely normal despite being demonetized, so I don't think you can really tell from Social Blade. Not sure about VidIQ though.

Toy Freaks was terminated completely though.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”