Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by GymChick »

I haven’t watched the video but Bonnie should have 100% known what she was doing was harmful to the children and not just click bait but exploitive content as well. I commented VERY nicely on her channel/video warning, her I didn’t even point a finger (last year) and she blocked all of my comments and none of my comments since have shown up on her channel. So she was warned multiple times, like many people said it took the money for her to see it. When we praised Bryan for changing thumbnails and avoiding bath content, it was at least his response to our concern/comments about the creepy playlists- not in response to threat of his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I’m excited to watch the video though and see a griffiths admit a wrong. There’s a first.

ETA: I commented on bonnies IG photo of her hand/demonetization post telling her the reason might be exploitive content of the kids (embarrassing moments, bath, distress) and that it’s a grey area filming kids when it comes to monetization and ads ... and I had angry people replying to me defending her and telling me to look up exploitive in the dictionary haha I should just reply “told you so” back

BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by BadWolf »

gymchick43 wrote:I haven’t watched the video but Bonnie should have 100% known what she was doing was harmful to the children and not just click bait but exploitive content as well. I commented VERY nicely on her channel/video warning, her I didn’t even point a finger (last year) and she blocked all of my comments and none of my comments since have shown up on her channel. So she was warned multiple times, like many people said it took the money for her to see it. When we praised Bryan for changing thumbnails and avoiding bath content, it was at least his response to our concern/comments about the creepy playlists- not in response to threat of his job.

Watch the video. I don't think that was the footage they were even coming after yet. The embarrassing the children, and clickbait thumbnails were the main issue YT had with Bonnie's vlogs from what it sounded like.

I believe she had a channel that YT would once have considered clean, otherwise it would have made no sense to have them appeal it before it was cleaned up. It sounded like YT explained their concerns and Bonnie is responding to that, so yeah, if you're going to praise Bryan, then Bonnie should at least get a bit of credit as well. Or at least watch the video yourself before you're going to pick her reaction apart as not appropriate.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

gymchick43 wrote:I haven’t watched the video but Bonnie should have 100% known what she was doing was harmful to the children and not just click bait but exploitive content as well. I commented VERY nicely on her channel/video warning, her I didn’t even point a finger (last year) and she blocked all of my comments and none of my comments since have shown up on her channel. So she was warned multiple times, like many people said it took the money for her to see it. When we praised Bryan for changing thumbnails and avoiding bath content, it was at least his response to our concern/comments about the creepy playlists- not in response to threat of his job.

Bryan's video was embedded on a pedophile website and you want to give him credit for removing the thumbnail so more people can't find it, when he failed to remove the video in its entirety knowing what he knew it was being used for? That is absolutely the same as being concerned about money. He shouldn't get praised for that, but for his care to not create that content in the future, and Bonnie should get the same credit if she makes better choices as well. Bryan handled the matter better than Jared who also had videos embedded, but that doesn't mean he handled it well.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

menehune wrote:

Bryan's video was embedded on a pedophile website and you want to give him credit for removing the thumbnail so more people can't find it, when he failed to remove the video in its entirety knowing what he knew it was being used for? That is absolutely the same as being concerned about money. He shouldn't get praised for that, but for his care to not create that content in the future, and Bonnie should get the same credit if she makes better choices as well. Bryan handled the matter better than Jared who also had videos embedded, but that doesn't mean he handled it well.

I think he did private the video. But anyways doesn’t matter I don’t watch or care about daily bumps. I think Bonnie deleting/blocking my comment about the issue says it all last year.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

gymchick43 wrote:
menehune wrote:

I think he did private the video. But anyways doesn’t matter I don’t watch or care about daily bumps. I think Bonnie deleting/blocking my comment about the issue says it all last year.

The one of Ollie on the potty wasn't made private, or it was made unprivate agin. It came up in a search when I was looking for potty training "how tos" just a few months ago.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

Given the reasoning Bonnie was given for the demonetization, I’m not the least bit surprised they got demonetized. Out of all the family vloggers I watch/have watched, they post quite a few videos/thumbnails of the kids getting hurt/feeling embarrassed. The only family I can think of that did it waaaay more is the Shaytards, but they’re not around anymore - obviously.

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

alym0326 wrote:Given the reasoning Bonnie was given for the demonetization, I’m not the least bit surprised they got demonetized. Out of all the family vloggers I watch/have watched, they post quite a few videos/thumbnails of the kids getting hurt/feeling embarrassed. The only family I can think of that did it waaaay more is the Shaytards, but they’re not around anymore - obviously.

And making a playlist called accidents definitely didn’t do them any favours

amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
Kay91_ wrote:I think Bonnie is a lot more mature in the way she handles things compared to her sisters (which isn't saying much) but I agree with what most people are saying on here. No one is a perfect parent but the fact that Bonnie and Joel thought there was nothing wrong with uploading footage of their kids in distress or embarrassing situations and called people haters after people warned them and shared their opinions on it being too much. AFTER saying the kids were being bullied or made fun of at school for stuff on YouTube. She's just like her sisters to me and this further proves it. She can't take criticism even if people are just looking out for her kids. YouTube had to be the ones to take action to protect her kids and she still (initially) got offended when they told her that it wasn't a mistake and why. This just tells me the type of people they really are and it's still all about the $$ and keeping her "friends" aka being in the "it" group. Remember how giddy but also nervous she was being around daily bumps and the other popular youtubers. *eye roll*

This is my opinion on it.
I completely agree.

I did find it rather surprising that Bonnie admitted the truth and let viewers know the de-monetization was not a YouTube mistake. She admitted what several of us here have been saying, that her channel was exploitative and showed her children in states of distress, embarrassment, hurt etc. Of course, the advertisers had to complain to YouTube and YouTube had to take action before she was willing to admit that she was exploiting her children. It's sad that it took someone taking away her paycheck before she decided to stop, listen and make a change to benefit her children and how they are used for clicks on her channel. It really does speak volumes about who they are as people and as parents.
I'm not surprised Bonnie admitted what youtube said to her. She's been like this from the start which is what I liked about her and what stood out from other mum vloggers.

I agree that if she's realising now that she was exploiting her kids because she isnt being paid anymore, rather than listening to her kids, noting they may be teased at school...and maybe I missed something, because there are times I just dont have time to watch, but I dont remember her mentioning the kids being teased BECAUSE OF vlogs. My dad's job is unusual, and at school I was OFTEN teased about my dad, and his job, AND that I was a 'dork'. They were 2 separate things. From what I gather in the vlogs, Bonnie does 'listen' to her kids' needs, she shows them this compassion most vloggers dont. Yes she laughs at them when they're hurt but its just in her sense of humour, I know many people like that, it's not okay, but not the worse thing.

My point is, maybe the kids arent being teased about the vlogs, but because they themselves stand out. There can be 2 (or more) different reasons why the kids would have been teased. I think Bonnie is good about listening and would avoid certain things in the vlog when it comes down to that.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

amyfalafal wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:
Kay91_ wrote:I think Bonnie is a lot more mature in the way she handles things compared to her sisters (which isn't saying much) but I agree with what most people are saying on here. No one is a perfect parent but the fact that Bonnie and Joel thought there was nothing wrong with uploading footage of their kids in distress or embarrassing situations and called people haters after people warned them and shared their opinions on it being too much. AFTER saying the kids were being bullied or made fun of at school for stuff on YouTube. She's just like her sisters to me and this further proves it. She can't take criticism even if people are just looking out for her kids. YouTube had to be the ones to take action to protect her kids and she still (initially) got offended when they told her that it wasn't a mistake and why. This just tells me the type of people they really are and it's still all about the $$ and keeping her "friends" aka being in the "it" group. Remember how giddy but also nervous she was being around daily bumps and the other popular youtubers. *eye roll*

This is my opinion on it.
I completely agree.

I did find it rather surprising that Bonnie admitted the truth and let viewers know the de-monetization was not a YouTube mistake. She admitted what several of us here have been saying, that her channel was exploitative and showed her children in states of distress, embarrassment, hurt etc. Of course, the advertisers had to complain to YouTube and YouTube had to take action before she was willing to admit that she was exploiting her children. It's sad that it took someone taking away her paycheck before she decided to stop, listen and make a change to benefit her children and how they are used for clicks on her channel. It really does speak volumes about who they are as people and as parents.
I'm not surprised Bonnie admitted what youtube said to her. She's been like this from the start which is what I liked about her and what stood out from other mum vloggers.

I agree that if she's realising now that she was exploiting her kids because she isnt being paid anymore, rather than listening to her kids, noting they may be teased at school...and maybe I missed something, because there are times I just dont have time to watch, but I dont remember her mentioning the kids being teased BECAUSE OF vlogs. My dad's job is unusual, and at school I was OFTEN teased about my dad, and his job, AND that I was a 'dork'. They were 2 separate things. From what I gather in the vlogs, Bonnie does 'listen' to her kids' needs, she shows them this compassion most vloggers dont. Yes she laughs at them when they're hurt but its just in her sense of humour, I know many people like that, it's not okay, but not the worse thing.

My point is, maybe the kids arent being teased about the vlogs, but because they themselves stand out. There can be 2 (or more) different reasons why the kids would have been teased. I think Bonnie is good about listening and would avoid certain things in the vlog when it comes down to that.
Bonnie said in a video not to let the teasing bother her (Olivia) and to be proud of what her family does for a living. So, yes the kids were/are being teased because of youtube and what their parents share.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

I'm happy with the way Bonnie handled the situation. I felt that she was being truly honest about the whole thing. She has her flaws but her willingness to admit the wrong doings and trying to improve is a huge plus for me. I don't care what her initial reaction was, I think it is really human to be defensive. Anyone of us probably would have felt the same way if confronted like that
At least she could see over it anyways. I think she dealt the situation with good manners and grace. Interesting remark, their "accidents" playlist has been totally cleaned. Some of the videos are made private and others totally deleted. Only few videos left. Also the title of the video about pooping has been changed into something like "Cody stayed home from school". They have been super busy over the weekend tidying up. I went and reviewed E&J channel and there is no way by those thumbnails and titles that YouTube would demon. them too. That would only happen if they were to review the content.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

FakingIt_MakingIt
Ok I missed that video then. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt :(
GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

lalila wrote:
GuavaMama wrote:I was searching to see if they deleted one of her first videos with Olivia in it wearing only her underwear. It was taken down but this

oh my.... we live in a pervert world! Will try to find it to report it, yurk!
I just reported it too!

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

The deeper this situation gets the crazier I think these families are.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

amyfalafal wrote:FakingIt_MakingIt
Ok I missed that video then. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt :(
The kids never said they were getting teased because of the content. All that Bonnie said was they should be proud of what their parent's did. This could have been because of the content, but it also could just be teasing because their parents were YTers in general. Your example about getting teased because of what your dad did is still a relevant one.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Watched the video. Only giving credit to their honesty and using the word “exploitation” because that word is powerful. And I hope they do change.

But I will never really believe the fact that she was naive and didn’t realize, like when she took the time to pick up the camera and press record when Olivia sliced her hand and when she recorded Olivia panicking about her ears.... it just goes against your motherly instinct to do those things. Ellie and Jared are just as bad, if not worse because we all know ellie would never let the word child exploitation come out of her mouth and Jared’s silent back peddling with no comment on the issue is gross.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Didn't I just say this morning that in terms of embarrassing or upset footage Bonnie is the worst? Looks like YouTube agrees.

Her comment about thinking she had to do it to get views is downright disgusting and disturbing. I hope they don't get their monetization back and that her wonderful kids can put all of this YouTube stuff behind them.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Didn't I just say this morning that in terms of embarrassing or upset footage Bonnie is the worst? Looks like YouTube agrees.

Her comment about thinking she had to do it to get views is downright disgusting and disturbing. I hope they don't get their monetization back and that her wonderful kids can put all of this YouTube stuff behind them.
Yea.. Her saying that struck a cord .. like why the fuck would you cater to that nonsense with your flesh and blood children??

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
priestess
Talker
Talker

Unread post by priestess »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Didn't I just say this morning that in terms of embarrassing or upset footage Bonnie is the worst? Looks like YouTube agrees.

not trying to defend youtubers. however, i think a lot of viewers are really interested when the kids get hurt. it's like low hanging fruit for youtubers, or catnip for viewers. it seems like family vlogs receive more views when they mention 1) pregnancy/babies, 2) dramatic things (including injuries, violence, sorrow), and 3) weird shit in the pool. and then of course they edit the title and screencap to be more dramatic than it actually is (i.e "abram accidentally got kicked but he's ok" becomes "KICKED IN THE FACE!!" accompanied by a screencap of him on the floor crying). i think it is more of a cultural thing and as viewers, we contribute to it. they are catering to what historically receives the most views and therefore gives the most money. on certain levels bonnie is just saying what everyone else is thinking. of course they want to make lots of money, attract more followers, go viral, and those types of videos are more bang for the buck for daily family vloggers.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

gymchick43 wrote:Watched the video. Only giving credit to their honesty and using the word “exploitation” because that word is powerful. And I hope they do change.

But I will never really believe the fact that she was naive and didn’t realize, like when she took the time to pick up the camera and press record when Olivia sliced her hand and when she recorded Olivia panicking about her ears.... it just goes against your motherly instinct to do those things. Ellie and Jared are just as bad, if not worse because we all know ellie would never let the word child exploitation come out of her mouth and Jared’s silent back peddling with no comment on the issue is gross.

I agree, I'll give credit to Bonnie for being upfront and admitting that their was a definite reason why their channel was flagged, instead of playing it off like it was a mistake or unjust. And I'll give her credit for using the word "exploitation" because I agree, that is powerful and goes a long way towards admitting culpability.

But yes, the fact that she admitted that she felt like that was the content she needed to post because it's what got them more views is, like I said, very revealing of their true character and their intentions. These people are not stupid when it comes to who is watching. They know the analytics for each video and they know that child predators and pedophiles are watching their channels and even putting their videos in playlists.

I don't think she's changed her mind in any real way or has necessarily seen the error of her ways, because this all boils down to getting back their paycheck. I think it has very little to do with what is best for her children. Her mindset remains the same: do what we can to make money off of our kids on YouTube, but now YouTube has a few more guidelines they need to follow in order to be advertiser friendly. She's willing to play along in order to get that paycheck back. But has there been any real shift in their thinking in terms of what their priorities are as parents? Probably not. The almighty dollar still trumps their children's well-being.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”