Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

priestess wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:Didn't I just say this morning that in terms of embarrassing or upset footage Bonnie is the worst? Looks like YouTube agrees.

Her comment about thinking she had to do it to get views is downright disgusting and disturbing. I hope they don't get their monetization back and that her wonderful kids can put all of this YouTube stuff behind them.
not trying to defend youtubers. however, i think a lot of viewers are really interested when the kids get hurt. it's like low hanging fruit for youtubers, or catnip for viewers. it seems like family vlogs receive more views when they mention 1) pregnancy/babies, 2) dramatic things (including injuries, violence, sorrow), and 3) weird shit in the pool. and then of course they edit the title and screencap to be more dramatic than it actually is (i.e "abram accidentally got kicked but he's ok" becomes "KICKED IN THE FACE!!" accompanied by a screencap of him on the floor crying). i think it is more of a cultural thing and as viewers, we contribute to it. they are catering to what historically receives the most views and therefore gives the most money. on certain levels bonnie is just saying what everyone else is thinking. of course they want to make lots of money, attract more followers, go viral, and those types of videos are more bang for the buck for daily family vloggers.
Point taken, but when, as a parent, your job consists of uploading a video with a title like, "KICKED IN THE FACE!" or "POPPING YOUR PANTS!" or whatever with a photo of your child crying or looking sick, wouldn't any reasonable person have to question their career choices?
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

My kids are all about vine 2 coming back

Its going to get worse before it gets better

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So, if showing kids upset and in distress is "bad", does this mean people will stop with the "Hey Jimmy Kimmel, I Told My Kids I Ate Their Halloween Candy!" videos will finally stop? Or just not monetized?

I can't believe she thought it was ok to exploit her kids for views. So she _knew_ it was wrong, but because "it's what I have to do to get views", it's ok? Was the money that important?

I don't think they will be hurting cash wise for a while, even if they don't get their monetization back. They didn't buy a mansion, they renovated what they had, and the Disney trip was sponsored. Hawaii was in a rental, not a big fancy resort. They have been making bank for a while, in a low cost of living area. Joel has only been out of work what, a year? I am sure they have a lot in savings. They're much smarter about money than Ellie and Jared.

I just really wish this had happened to E&J.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

BadWolf wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
onbreak wrote:Toy freaks was deleted
Ryans toy review
Okbaby
Toys andme

Ryan's Family Review and Toy Review are both still monetized. Looks like they may have deleted some vids though.

That family makes bank off that kid! His channel is the reason I stopped letting my toddler watch YT Kids!
Ugh. I can't stand Ryan.

And OKbaby still has ads, I watched one this morning. I think what people might be seeing on Social Blade are the view deletions, but that could be coming from the creators themselves. Bonnie's channel looked completely normal despite being demonetized, so I don't think you can really tell from Social Blade. Not sure about VidIQ though.

Toy Freaks was terminated completely though.
The Weiss Life had some videos' comments disabled, and so did Bratayley. And I _think_ from some of the things the dad from the Weiss Life said, that at least some of their videos of their girls in bathing suits got demonetized. Bratayley got a couple of dings too, from what the dad said.

priestess
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by priestess »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
priestess wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:Didn't I just say this morning that in terms of embarrassing or upset footage Bonnie is the worst? Looks like YouTube agrees.

Her comment about thinking she had to do it to get views is downright disgusting and disturbing. I hope they don't get their monetization back and that her wonderful kids can put all of this YouTube stuff behind them.
not trying to defend youtubers. however, i think a lot of viewers are really interested when the kids get hurt. it's like low hanging fruit for youtubers, or catnip for viewers. it seems like family vlogs receive more views when they mention 1) pregnancy/babies, 2) dramatic things (including injuries, violence, sorrow), and 3) weird shit in the pool. and then of course they edit the title and screencap to be more dramatic than it actually is (i.e "abram accidentally got kicked but he's ok" becomes "KICKED IN THE FACE!!" accompanied by a screencap of him on the floor crying). i think it is more of a cultural thing and as viewers, we contribute to it. they are catering to what historically receives the most views and therefore gives the most money. on certain levels bonnie is just saying what everyone else is thinking. of course they want to make lots of money, attract more followers, go viral, and those types of videos are more bang for the buck for daily family vloggers.
Point taken, but when, as a parent, your job consists of uploading a video with a title like, "KICKED IN THE FACE!" or "POPPING YOUR PANTS!" or whatever with a photo of your child crying or looking sick, wouldn't any reasonable person have to question their career choices?
true! though at the same time i wouldn't necessarily call them parents, they're more like talent managers. youtube and kids have become a way to avoid going to work because you're getting paid to stay home and go on vacation all the time. they're vain. i mean, you get all these fans and free things from sponsors, and all you have to do is film your child crying? sounds like a dream for people who care about material goods. i work with kids, and a majority of them look up to youtubers and want to become one because they ~live in mansions~ and ~play video games~. wouldn't be surprised if there were teens out there who were purposely getting pregnant so they could become the next teen mom and have their own youtube channel.
lmmomSD wrote:So, if showing kids upset and in distress is "bad", does this mean people will stop with the "Hey Jimmy Kimmel, I Told My Kids I Ate Their Halloween Candy!" videos will finally stop? Or just not monetized?
i was literally just thinking this! i wonder if there are more concrete examples of what these people can/can't do. like are all pranks off limits? i feel like this is the beginning of a new video hosting site. all it takes is for youtube to demonetize someone super popular & it will go downhill from there.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

alym0326 wrote:Given the reasoning Bonnie was given for the demonetization, I’m not the least bit surprised they got demonetized. Out of all the family vloggers I watch/have watched, they post quite a few videos/thumbnails of the kids getting hurt/feeling embarrassed. The only family I can think of that did it waaaay more is the Shaytards, but they’re not around anymore - obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But they are still making money off of old vlogs. Not as much, but Social Blade still has them getting plenty of views.

Shaytards _and_ Bonnie are really guilty of one thing in particular that bugs me. Both of them have posted vlogs where the children specifically ask "please don't put this in the vlog". And they did anyway. And if that doesn't scream "I don't respect my children", I don't know what does.
I hope that this doesn't just change the way Bonnie vlogs. I hope it changes the way she listens to her children too. If your daughter is crying, and saying "Please don't put this in the vlog", and you film her saying that, and it include that, and the footage she is asking you not to include when you post the video, you really need to put the camera down for a little bit.

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

onbreak wrote:

Yea.. Her saying that struck a cord .. like why the fuck would you cater to that nonsense with your flesh and blood children??

The thing is- she says she's upset now but it's not about the money. Back when she was posting those vlogs, the money was the exact reason why she broadcasted certain things in the thumbnails and titles!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So, I wonder if Cullen and Katie are cleaning up their channel. They have SO many thumbnails of Gaines and Brooks crying.

But they have a network...

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

lmmomSD wrote:So, I wonder if Cullen and Katie are cleaning up their channel. They have SO many thumbnails of Gaines and Brooks crying.

Theyre probably giddy and happy the focus isn't on them lol

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
BadWolf wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Ryan's Family Review and Toy Review are both still monetized. Looks like they may have deleted some vids though.

That family makes bank off that kid! His channel is the reason I stopped letting my toddler watch YT Kids!
Ugh. I can't stand Ryan.

And OKbaby still has ads, I watched one this morning. I think what people might be seeing on Social Blade are the view deletions, but that could be coming from the creators themselves. Bonnie's channel looked completely normal despite being demonetized, so I don't think you can really tell from Social Blade. Not sure about VidIQ though.

Toy Freaks was terminated completely though.
The Weiss Life had some videos' comments disabled, and so did Bratayley. And I _think_ from some of the things the dad from the Weiss Life said, that at least some of their videos of their girls in bathing suits got demonetized. Bratayley got a couple of dings too, from what the dad said.

What about the vlogs from around when the Bratayley son died?
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

lmmomSD wrote:So, I wonder if Cullen and Katie are cleaning up their channel. They have SO many thumbnails of Gaines and Brooks crying.

Well today's vlog has a thumbnail with Brooks crying on Santa's lap....if they don't watch Bonnie's vlogs I can see them not making any changes.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

priestess wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:
priestess wrote: not trying to defend youtubers. however, i think a lot of viewers are really interested when the kids get hurt. it's like low hanging fruit for youtubers, or catnip for viewers. it seems like family vlogs receive more views when they mention 1) pregnancy/babies, 2) dramatic things (including injuries, violence, sorrow), and 3) weird shit in the pool. and then of course they edit the title and screencap to be more dramatic than it actually is (i.e "abram accidentally got kicked but he's ok" becomes "KICKED IN THE FACE!!" accompanied by a screencap of him on the floor crying). i think it is more of a cultural thing and as viewers, we contribute to it. they are catering to what historically receives the most views and therefore gives the most money. on certain levels bonnie is just saying what everyone else is thinking. of course they want to make lots of money, attract more followers, go viral, and those types of videos are more bang for the buck for daily family vloggers.
true! though at the same time i wouldn't necessarily call them parents, they're more like talent managers. youtube and kids have become a way to avoid going to work because you're getting paid to stay home and go on vacation all the time. they're vain. i mean, you get all these fans and free things from sponsors, and all you have to do is film your child crying? sounds like a dream for people who care about material goods. i work with kids, and a majority of them look up to youtubers and want to become one because they ~live in mansions~ and ~play video games~. wouldn't be surprised if there were teens out there who were purposely getting pregnant so they could become the next teen mom and have their own youtube channel.
lmmomSD wrote:So, if showing kids upset and in distress is "bad", does this mean people will stop with the "Hey Jimmy Kimmel, I Told My Kids I Ate Their Halloween Candy!" videos will finally stop? Or just not monetized?
i was literally just thinking this! i wonder if there are more concrete examples of what these people can/can't do. like are all pranks off limits? i feel like this is the beginning of a new video hosting site. all it takes is for youtube to demonetize someone super popular & it will go downhill from there.
I think people can still post the Jimmy Kimmel vids, but no one can profit off them.

Viral videos are going to be less of a moneymaker as well!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Funny. Now there are a BUNCH of articles online about the dangers of family vlogging, and exploiting kids. Before, it was all about how people make so much money at it, and "the kids love it!" One of them even ended with Missy saying "Because we are vlogging, we live our lives to the fullest, and it's awesome!"

This one has the Missy comment:
http://time.com/4783215/growing-up-in-public/

This one is interesting. BuzzFeed is taking credit for bringing it to the attention of YouTube:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/charliewarzel/ ... .gnjY5bDYy

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Ruby had so many vlogs with blood in the thumbnail lol it’s all changed. That one blog with “blood on the sheets” or something changed to “caterpillars to butterflies” lol that vlog has 1.5 million views only because the original titles made people think abbey got her period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Peridot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peridot »

It makes me wonder if Joel has the same lack of respect and lack of empathy as Bonnie does for the kids. Or, does he just go along to avoid "the wrath of Bonnie." I think we know who makes the decisions in the family.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Peridot wrote:It makes me wonder if Joel has the same lack of respect and lack of empathy as Bonnie does for the kids. Or, does he just go along to avoid "the wrath of Bonnie." I think we know who makes the decisions in the family.
Please. Bonnie makes some poor choices regarding when to laugh at or mess with her children, but she isn't lacking in empathy and neither is Joel :?
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Peridot wrote:It makes me wonder if Joel has the same lack of respect and lack of empathy as Bonnie does for the kids. Or, does he just go along to avoid "the wrath of Bonnie." I think we know who makes the decisions in the family.
I don't know which would be worse.
A) he's as horrible as Bonnie and chose to exploit his children for money
Or B) he's as horrible as Bonnie and chose to exploit his kids because he's afraid of his wife
Either way Joel is just as guilty in my opinion. He quit his job because he was making money sharing his kids most embarrassing, private, and vulnerable moments.

I really hope they make some serious changes in what they film and not just the titles and thumbnails. And I really hope they make the required changes because they know what they've shared was wrong, not just because they know they have to make the changes to make money. But I'm doubtful they've really learned their lesson.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

menehune wrote:
Please. Bonnie makes some poor choices regarding when to laugh at or mess with her children, but she isn't lacking in empathy and neither is Joel :?

I think Bonnie is lacking empathy. I don't know that we've seen enough of Joel's responses to know where he stands.
But Bonnie? Yes, she is so lacking in empathy she has ran and got the camera to film her injured children before comforting/helping them. She laughs when they're upset, she makes fun of them in camera and shares it with the world. She films her children in pain, emotional and pyshical, and shares it with the world. She's not a very empathetic mother.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

She just admitted to exploiting them to get more views today. Tell me that's not a textbook lack of empathy by a mother about her children. Watch the ear piercing video and try to tell me she has empathy for Olivia.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:She just admitted to exploiting them to get more views today. Tell me that's not a textbook lack of empathy by a mother about her children. Watch the ear piercing video and try to tell me she has empathy for Olivia.
Did she lack mpathy in that moment? Absolutely! There are often times as a parent were you're embarrassed by or frustrated with your child and can appear unempathetic. Parenting is hard. We've seen a ton of moments in the blogs however that show she has empathy for her children. Those kids are well loved, and don't seem insecure about their relationship with their parents in the slightest.
Last edited by BadWolf on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”