Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

BadWolf wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:She just admitted to exploiting them to get more views today. Tell me that's not a textbook lack of empathy by a mother about her children. Watch the ear piercing video and try to tell me she has empathy for Olivia.
Did she have of empathy in that moment? Absolutely! There are often times as a parent were you're embarrassed by or frustrated with your child and can appear unempathetic. Parenting is hard. We've seen a ton of moments in the blogs however that show she has empathy for her children. Those kids are well loved, and don't seem insecure about their relationship with their parents in the slightest.

I don't know that she showed empathy...more so frustration that her channel was demonetized because of what she shared.
I agree that the kids show they are loved, but the griffiths girls LOVE and worship Jennifer (and she's pretty narcissistic) so I don't know if what the kids present is because of how they really feel or how they're told to feel.
GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by GuavaMama »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
menehune wrote:
Peridot wrote:It makes me wonder if Joel has the same lack of respect and lack of empathy as Bonnie does for the kids. Or, does he just go along to avoid "the wrath of Bonnie." I think we know who makes the decisions in the family.
Please. Bonnie makes some poor choices regarding when to laugh at or mess with her children, but she isn't lacking in empathy and neither is Joel :?

I think Bonnie is lacking empathy. I don't know that we've seen enough of Joel's responses to know where he stands.
But Bonnie? Yes, she is so lacking in empathy she has ran and got the camera to film her injured children before comforting/helping them. She laughs when they're upset, she makes fun of them in camera and shares it with the world. She films her children in pain, emotional and pyshical, and shares it with the world. She's not a very empathetic mother.
Joel looked very uncomfortable and almost embarrassed in today’s vlog. Bonnie seemed a little too chipper in the beginning. I think Joel is an amazing father and he’s probably feeling horrible about all this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
BadWolf wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:She just admitted to exploiting them to get more views today. Tell me that's not a textbook lack of empathy by a mother about her children. Watch the ear piercing video and try to tell me she has empathy for Olivia.
Did she have of empathy in that moment? Absolutely! There are often times as a parent were you're embarrassed by or frustrated with your child and can appear unempathetic. Parenting is hard. We've seen a ton of moments in the blogs however that show she has empathy for her children. Those kids are well loved, and don't seem insecure about their relationship with their parents in the slightest.

I don't know that she showed empathy...more so frustration that her channel was demonetized because of what she shared.
I agree that the kids show they are loved, but the griffiths girls LOVE and worship Jennifer (and she's pretty narcissistic) so I don't know if what the kids present is because of how they really feel or how they're told to feel.
I'm not talking about her tearing up today, even the most raging Narcissist will cry about their own pain and misfortune. I'm talking about the way we've seen Bonnie recognize the misfortune of others. We've seen times when she's hurt because her children are hurt, or sad because she let them down that day. We've seen her acknowlege how lucky she is to have Joel home because she's seen a friend that isn't that lucky and is having a hard time. We've seen her help others out, and bring friends comfort food when the are having a bad day. It's possible she was raised in a home without empathy, and while I do believe Ellie lacks empathy and shows signs of Narcisissm, I don't know Jennifer well enough to say she is that way or not. If she is however, then being raised with a lack of empathy is damaging. Bonnie may have the occasional inappropriate reaction due to the way she was raised and taught that it was normal, but she definitely has the ability to empathize with others. Joel has empathy coming out of his ass. They made some poor choices with their channel, but are the only ones at this point acknowledging the mistake they made. You can't change what you don't acknowledge.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

[/quote]

I think Bonnie is lacking empathy. I don't know that we've seen enough of Joel's responses to know where he stands.
But Bonnie? Yes, she is so lacking in empathy she has ran and got the camera to film her injured children before comforting/helping them. She laughs when they're upset, she makes fun of them in camera and shares it with the world. She films her children in pain, emotional and pyshical, and shares it with the world. She's not a very empathetic mother.[/quote]

Joel looked very uncomfortable and almost embarrassed in today’s vlog. Bonnie seemed a little too chipper in the beginning. I think Joel is an amazing father and he’s probably feeling horrible about all this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I agree, Joel looked like he would rather be anywhere else but filming. Bonnie's attitude in the beginning actually had me thinking they got their monetization back and it was a glitch...and she never did say it's back.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't doubt for a minute that she loves her children. If you wonder, watch when she thought Boston might have cancer. And seeing her play with them, individually, and as a group, you can tell she loves them.

Empathy, I'm torn about. She's better than Ellie, but it wouldn't take much to be better than Ellie. Ellie has NO empathy for her children. I think Bonnie started with good intentions at least. But I think she got blinded by the money. When your child is hurt, and your first instinct is to pick up the camera, there's something wrong. And the lack of boundaries is disquieting. I am sure she doesn't mean it in a pervy way, but certain people have got to enjoy her gushing over her kids' bodies. Most of us have been in love with our kids' little bodies, but there's a difference between saying "I could just eat you up!" in your own home, and going on about squishing your little boy's bottom in a vlog and uploading it to the internet.

Is YouTube going by content as well, or just thumbnails and titles/tags? Or does anyone know? Because other vloggers definitely have questionable content, even if they do change the title and thumbnail.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
I agree, Joel looked like he would rather be anywhere else but filming. Bonnie's attitude in the beginning actually had me thinking they got their monetization back and it was a glitch...and she never did say it's back.
Oh Joel is shook for sure! If he isn't scrambling to come up with a business idea that would appeal to Bonnie right now I'd be shocked. I'll be surprised if they just carry on as they did before.

I don't think she has her monetization back, but do think she has hope she will. I checked a few vlogs earlier and none had ads.
KayCeeee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KayCeeee »

I actually think Bratayley is one of the worst offenders. Whether they're aware of it or not, they're slowly allowing those girls to be sexualized and morphing them into Disney-tween-teenybopper stars. How can any parent honestly want that for their child? Money does terrible things to people.

I think the biggest difference between Bonnie's and Ellie's channels is Bonnie's "realness" that attracts so many people. Bonnie isn't afraid to show the unglamorous side of parenting: tantrums, melt-downs, bloody accidents, bratty behavior, sicknesses, etc. She doesn't have an much of an angelic, perfect, cheesy Youtube reputation like we see from Daily Bumps and E&J. Those channels work hard to promote their children in mostly positive lights and show off their perfect little angel boys. Bonnie, with her kind of questionable sense of humor, likes to show the "real" side of a family and pounces on an opportunity to show Boston having a tantrum or Olivia having a public melt-down because it reflects her humor and thought process that real moms want to see "real mom moments." That's always been my take on it. And yes, the toilet and bathtub shots that E&J exploit are HORRENDOUS, but we really don't see them capitalizing on Jackson or Calvin in distress or pain. (You can argue about the Calvin breathing episodes except they never actually filmed it happening; they just discussed it afterwards.) And the more I've thought about it, the more I can see how shocking some of Bonnie's videos are to people especially when plucked out of context. We know Bonnie, but a majority of the internet and world does not. I think she really got a taste of those click$ and got slowly swept up in it.

As I echoed from earlier, money does terrible things to people.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

KayCeeee wrote:I actually think Bratayley is one of the worst offenders. Whether they're aware of it or not, they're slowly allowing those girls to be sexualized and morphing them into Disney-tween-teenybopper stars. How can any parent honestly want that for their child? Money does terrible things to people.

I think the biggest difference between Bonnie's and Ellie's channels is Bonnie's "realness" that attracts so many people. Bonnie isn't afraid to show the unglamorous side of parenting: tantrums, melt-downs, bloody accidents, bratty behavior, sicknesses, etc. She doesn't have an much of an angelic, perfect, cheesy Youtube reputation like we see from Daily Bumps and E&J. Those channels work hard to promote their children in mostly positive lights and show off their perfect little angel boys. Bonnie, with her kind of questionable sense of humor, likes to show the "real" side of a family and pounces on an opportunity to show Boston having a tantrum or Olivia having a public melt-down because it reflects her humor and thought process that real moms want to see "real mom moments." That's always been my take on it. And yes, the toilet and bathtub shots that E&J exploit are HORRENDOUS, but we really don't see them capitalizing on Jackson or Calvin in distress or pain. (You can argue about the Calvin breathing episodes except they never actually filmed it happening; they just discussed it afterwards.) And the more I've thought about it, the more I can see how shocking some of Bonnie's videos are to people especially when plucked out of context. We know Bonnie, but a majority of the internet and world does not. I think she really got a taste of those click$ and got slowly swept up in it.

As I echoed from earlier, money does terrible things to people.
Ellie and Jared have tons of vids with Calvin and Jackson in distress and pain. Some even have photoshopped tears to make it seem more extra. I would post them for you, but Jared has been working hard to rename them Image. The only time those kids are features in the thumbnail is when something sad, scary, happens. They've even gone to far as to lock Calvin in the bathroom to set up a "trapped baby" clip.
Peridot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peridot »

It would be such a riveting turn of events if E&J get demonetized and foreclose on the Ice Palace. Think Jared's mom and dad would help them move? They could film it and laugh at them. ;)

I wish that on E&J, but not the kids. The kids have been victims enough.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Peridot wrote:It would be such a riveting turn of events if E&J get demonetized and foreclose on the Ice Palace. Think Jared's mom and dad would help them move? They could film it and laugh at them. ;)

You know what though, moving to a smaller home and dad (and or mom) going to a regular 9-5 job would be the best thing that could happen to Jackson and Calvin. Seeing their parents lose what they have would be FAR less damaging then their parents continuing to exploit them for money.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Although, according to Ellie they would have built this house without YouTube. They totally could have afforded it on a Verizon job and hair cutting tips ;).
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Peridot wrote:It would be such a riveting turn of events if E&J get demonetized and foreclose on the Ice Palace. Think Jared's mom and dad would help them move? They could film it and laugh at them. ;)

You know what though, moving to a smaller home and dad (and or mom) going to a regular 9-5 job would be the best thing that could happen to Jackson and Calvin. Seeing their parents lose what they have would be FAR less damaging then their parents continuing to exploit them for money.
I initially agreed to this but then thought more about it and realized how mentally incapable Ellie would be of caring for three children alone without Jared there.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Social Blade says high end Bonnies @ 37k a month
Cullen & Katie are at 5k.. How do they keep up with the jktodays?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

i still like Bonnie but... how can she say with a straight face that she didn’t know her content was exploitative, when every time she has a video cross the line the comments light up with people complaining? and often she would defend her decision to post something with a snide comment. there’s no claiming ignorance here imo.

and of course she thought she needed to post those thumbnails/titles for views. she learned how to YT from e&j, DB, etc. who are all offenders of this.

dear bonnie, your base viewers came in when you were doing makeup tutorials and had sit-down videos sans children. you can go back to that and still be fine.

i am glad YT is finally stepping up and handling child exploitation but Bonnie’s channel is only the tip of the iceberg. i wonder how sly fox is faring? they also come to mind as a huge offender.

Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

I don’t think Bonnie lacks empathy, but I do think she’s lying about not knowing she was exploiting her kids. She just didn’t think it was “bad” until Youtube cut her money off. The vlog with Olivia cutting her hand never sat right with me, and didn’t people try to warn her about vlogging the kids in the bath or whatever? She deleted comments warning her, but now she’s had an epiphany?
snkjdgs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snkjdgs »

Today's video observations:

* Bonnie looked very relieved and as if the weight of the world had been lifted off her shoulders. I think she will be back to being a monetized channel very quickly and may already have a date when that will occur.

* Joel looked exhausted with puffy eyes and deep lines around his eyes. He has been shedding a lot of tears and the stress is written all over his face and body language. I expect that we will be seeing less of Joel in videos as he will be spending more time getting "his new business/line of work" kicked off. It would not surprise me if he and Landon go into some kind of business together. I think I recall that Landon's father is in the real estate business, i.e. investing in real estate as landlords. From the little I watch the Deru Crew channel. It seems Landon is now frequently gone helping his father with homes his father owns that need renovation work. Joel would be good at that. Joel will be going back to some kind of work in the next three months but of course it will be 6 months before they tell us about it.

On a side note I doubt their brother in law Landon will be getting a regular 8-5 job or using his MBA in the future.

Does anyone know why the bloggers that are part of a contracted network are not being effected by the You Tube crackdown?
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:What was her random comment about Philip DeFranco about?? I think she's dumb and confusing Phil with that dad who hit his kids - who Phil called out on his channel. Bonnie deserves to be off YT. She's REALLY, REALLY STUPID!

She didn't realize she was exploiting her kids?? FFS!
Oh she knew. Her comment about we thought it was what we were supposed to do to get views ($) rubbed me the wrong way.
So you thought it was worth embarrassing (at the least) your children to make money!?! Wth.
Honestly, I hope she doesn't get monetized. And I hope YouTube cracks down on all the other family vloggers.
Yea she basically admitted to click baiting for views only

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:What was her random comment about Philip DeFranco about?? I think she's dumb and confusing Phil with that dad who hit his kids - who Phil called out on his channel. Bonnie deserves to be off YT. She's REALLY, REALLY STUPID!

She didn't realize she was exploiting her kids?? FFS!
Oh she knew. Her comment about we thought it was what we were supposed to do to get views ($) rubbed me the wrong way.
So you thought it was worth embarrassing (at the least) your children to make money!?! Wth.
Honestly, I hope she doesn't get monetized. And I hope YouTube cracks down on all the other family vloggers.
Yea she basically admitted to click baiting for views only

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

snkjdgs wrote:Today's video observations:

* Bonnie looked very relieved and as if the weight of the world had been lifted off her shoulders. I think she will be back to being a monetized channel very quickly and may already have a date when that will occur.

* Joel looked exhausted with puffy eyes and deep lines around his eyes. He has been shedding a lot of tears and the stress is written all over his face and body language. I expect that we will be seeing less of Joel in videos as he will be spending more time getting "his new business/line of work" kicked off. It would not surprise me if he and Landon go into some kind of business together. I think I recall that Landon's father is in the real estate business, i.e. investing in real estate as landlords. From the little I watch the Deru Crew channel. It seems Landon is now frequently gone helping his father with homes his father owns that need renovation work. Joel would be good at that. Joel will be going back to some kind of work in the next three months but of course it will be 6 months before they tell us about it.

On a side note I doubt their brother in law Landon will be getting a regular 8-5 job or using his MBA in the future.

Does anyone know why the bloggers that are part of a contracted network are not being effected by the You Tube crackdown?
I could just imagine all of the regret Joel had. He was probably thinking how he should've never quit, it was a bad decision, etc.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

I wonder what Jennifer's take on this is? What I mean is, will she be chastising her daughter behind the scenes for exploiting 'her grandchildren' or will all the family be coddling Bonnie and saying YouTube's got it wrong but I guess you should follow the rules in order to keep earning? Because if it's the former, then surely Jennifer (and Chad) would be hypocritical at not calling out their other daughters for the same thing.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”